September 30, 2014 | 1853 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by jennyvo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Being a student, my budget on makeup is pretty low.
Throughout this year I have tested a number of drugstore foundations - all with their problems:
Covergirl natureluxe did not have the right shade for my NC 30 asian skintone (pink undertones only !), Revlon New Complexion Oil control makeup in Sand Beige was getting too light for my skin and the next shade up had pink undertones and The Face Shop's BB cream was too light coloured and too heavy and made me break out!

And then I read the rave reviews on this Bourjois Healthy Serum gel on MUA. I bought the shade #53 Beige Clair and I was pleased to find that many shades were not too orangey (like Covergirl's natureluxe).
This has more more of a liquid than gel consistency and provides sheer coverage - but it's amazing! It's so sheer, and appears so natural, with a semi dewy finish. It really luminises your skin! And maybe even gives it an airbrush effect haha.
There is a very pleasant smell that comes from this foundation - very fruity and healthy (presumably because of the ingredients which are fruit based)
and the packaging is very nice was well - with a recognisable red cap and a hygienic pump (which other foundations I've tried failed to have)

It's the type of foundation that would draw remarks on how nice your SKIN looks not how good your MAKEUP looks. Definitely my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by KatieDruitt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Being a "high end foundation" junkie, I never expected I would love a drugstore foundation. I tried this after watching a Lisa Eldridge video...figuring anything she recommends has to be good!

I have this in shade 53...which is beautiful on my skin. It really looks like a better version of my real skin. I have quite a few freckles which I always try to hide. With this I apply 1 pump all over my face with fingers, let it set slightly and then apply another pump. This gives an amazing level of coverage and I hardly need concealer. I always run my foundations a little dark as I hate being so pale (with all the bronzed beauties running around Australia) but I bought this in my natural colour and use a little bronzer as contour and I don't feel washed out!

It certainly is quite dewy after application so I like to set it with a little powder in T-Zones. It smells amazing and really makes your skin feel healthy!

Really love this and will re-purchase with love!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by meaghanrichards

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product, but it did nothing for my skin. It didn't last at all, and settled into my pores like crazy. I'm returning it tomorrow.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by kattt17

I wasn't sure if this stuff was gonna be the best choice for my combo/oily skin but I bought it and I can't complain now. It's really good, the coverage is very sheer, I mean VERY sheer but that's ok for me.
Smells amazing. I do have some oily T-zone on my face but this didn't cause any disaster, I just set it with powder and I'm ready to go.
It doesn't last very long though

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 5:16:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a fabulous foundation, not getting five lipsticks only because I still prefer the incredible original Healthy Mix foundation by a small degree. It has a nice, clean, glowing finish, but lacks that silkiness the original formulation has. I have used Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua and it's not quite the same, in my opinion. The former seems more siliconey to me - really smooth - whereas the Healthy Mix is a tiny bit more tacky.
However, it's still a top class foundation at a good price, only surpassed by its own sister.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got it in Dark Bronze (58) and it's a great colour match, I go up to NC45 in summer but I'm much lighter now. I mention this because I have serious matching issues as my skin is neither properly cool nor warm hued and even the lovely ladies at make-up counters are often stumped to find something that doesn't make me look like an alien.

I don't need to cover much of anything so it's light coverage was perfect and the texture is super light an non-greasy. It didn't produce any more shine than my oily skin does alone but it didn't prevent it either. It's invisible after application and my face doesn't feel cakey at all. I usually just apply with my fingers and it blends well an it looks amazing on.. truly just like 'your skin but better'.

I hope they release some darker shades because this is the darkest in the line and come summer it won't work for me any more. It lost one lippy for packaging because the (super hygenic) pump applicator will probably suggest that the (not cheap) bottle is empty when there's still a good bit left in there, otherwise it's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by niacatstudio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice fresh & soft texture, not greasy at all. Blends good, long-lasting medium coverage. I am 37 with combo skin that gets quite dry in winter time and very oily in the summer. In this time of the year this is my favourite foundation. I feel I'm not wearing anything at all on my skin. I bought 2 different shades because I like contouring with foundation. In my country the cost of this product is 15 euro. I will definitely re-purchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by maiiiyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good foundation for those who don't like heavy make-up for the day but still needs that even skin tone. However, obviously not so good as a night or going out foundation (prbly melt in the hour haha)! Nonetheless, it's a light-weight formula and gives nice even coverage. Also isn't yellow based like many foundations (a big peeve of mine). One thing I really dislike about it is the SMELL! I get pretty frustrated with the strong perfume but like the formula so have to bare it!! =(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by cupcakecheris

This product smells great!Apart from the fruity scent, the pigmentation color in this product resembles my skintone very much. I love how it glides on my face like a second skin and at the same time, producing a dewy finish. However, this product gives a very light coverage and does not last long in humid weather. Do note that this foundation does not contain any oil control properties. My skin became very oily within 2 hours of use.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 7:34:00 AM More reviews by iloveseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation after finding the original Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation a little too sticky on my skin, it became very oily quickly and oxidized, but as I LOVE Bourjois I really wanted to try this foundation. And I am so glad I did! It goes on so smoothly and evenly, no caking or streaky patches. It gives my skin a lovely glowy look and hides my uneven skin-tone a the few spots I have.

My only gripe is that I doesn't last as long as I would like (but considerably longer that the original Healthy Mix), but my skin is quite oily, but when I set it with a good finishing power it lasts and lasts! This foundation is perfect if you want a very natural look, and not heavy masquey full coverage.

Hope this was helpful!