April 19, 2014 | 858 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - 8-pan Palette "Comfort Zone"

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by beegirl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am madly in love with this small palette. I got it on a swap here on MUA and I basically used it every day ever since. I love love love the color combination, which allows you to create light and neutral day looks and dramatic and dark looks for the night. the colors are all very pigmented and all of them have the same great quality. they last all day without creasing with a primer underneath. the combination of brown and green is very good and also all the colors are in some way interesting.
I could never get tired of it because it allows so many looks and combinations.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 3:36:00 AM More reviews by throughbeingcool

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this palette. The green side is definitely my favorite. I have made some pretty big dents in all of the colors. The left side is also beautiful. The colors are all very pigmented and they last all day with a primer. Whatever you do, do not drop this palette. It WILL break. It had a small drop from my counter and the bottom left color shattered to pieces. there is none left!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such an awesome palette! I bought it because of the rave reviews and boy did it deliver! All of the colors are absolutely gorgeous, I love playing with the ones on the left side! If this palette had a few matte browns and a black shade this is probably the only palette I would ever reach for. Good job, Wet 'n' Wild.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by lovepotion18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I finally gave in and bought Comfort Zone yesterday. I actually went to two different Walgreens and snagged the last palette at the second store. I wore three of the colors today-the three neutrals on the left side of the palette. I opted to use a Clinique e/s for my browbone since the WnW browbone color is a little too shimmery for my taste. I love how the pink bronze color looks on my lids. I prefer to have shimmery e/s colors for my lids since I have hooded eyes. And I used the brown in the crease and the darker red brown as an outer v color. The only thing about the darker red brown color is that the color turned out more black on my brush and my eyes. To fix it, I used another WnW e/s color from the 6 pan palette - vanity something I can't remember at the moment - to make the color a little more brown. It worked. Bottom-line, I really like this palette so far. I can't wait to try the green side. The price is great and really does beat out quite a few of my MAC shadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I FINALLY found this palette in Wal-Mart after stalking various drugstores in my area for weeks. I grabbed it immediately and almost grabbed the other 2 they had, since it was so hard to find, but stopped my inner greedy child. However, that being said, these are AH-MAZE-ING!!!!!!! $4.98 for an 8 color palette of eyeshadows? Every one is smooth, blendable, nicely pigmented and plays well with all the other colors in the paletted, and there is even a Duo-Chrome shade? It makes you wonder how the other companies are charging an arm and a leg for their products? Granted packaging is rather crummy, but other than that there is absolutely nothing to complain about with this palette. The colors are neutral enough to create an lovely every day eye look, but there is enough "bang" in the deeper shades to go deep, dark and smokey, if that's what you desire. If I was taking a trip and wanted to only take maybe one or two eyeshadow palettes, this would definitely be one of the two I'd grab. The colors range from pretty pinkish beige, to taupe to a soft green to a deep brown with a shimmery blue highlight. Check the pictures.

Highly recommended for the price point, buy a back-up if you can get one. I know I will the next time I spot one!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by SweetLash

I had to go to 3 different Walgreens to find the Comfort Zone palette, and 2 out of the 3 stores were completely sold out of all the palette shades so that goes to show how popular these are and rightfully so! I had my doubts, but I was really impressed at how soft and silky these are. To be honest, I think it blows away some of the more high end brands out there. I literally had to only lightly tap my brush into the shadows because they are super soft. They glide on creamy when applied to the eyelids. They are also very blendable. For 4.99 you get 8 really wearable shadows. Ive been wearing this palette everyday since i got it. I have to try Blue had me a Hello, because I've heard good things about that palette too. Wet n' wild has come a long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I was wandering around in Walgreens the other day when I came upon the Wet n Wild display. I saw they had Comfort Zone finally. I decided to try it since it was only $5. I also have Petal Pusher (see my review), so I had an idea of what I was getting. As people have said, I think the quality and pigmentation with the CZ palette is a little better than PP. The shadows are better than MAC (that doesn't take much, honestly) but not better than UD. These are great for drugstore, and for the price, they can't be beat. I know ELF sells palettes for $5 as well, and the WnW shadows are way better!
Anyway, you get neutrals on one side and greens on the other. I like how they try to help out the makeup simpletons by telling you which color should go where (I see this often with low end mu for some reason). I'm also annoyed by this because it makes me think inside the box. Sometimes, I'd rather have the shadows mixed up so I can decide myself what goes with what instead of having them do it for me.
Over all, this is a nice palette. For the price, you really should give it a try. Again, like I said for my PP review, these palettes are not going to save the world. They are excellent for drugstore, but there are still other brands that are better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

Amazing, velvety, deeply pigmented, sumptuous, silky eye shadows! I saw this palette as a MU top review product yesterday and after reading all the great reviews, stopped by Walgreens on my way home to get it. They only had 2 left and I grabbed one. For only $4.99 I had to try it. I would have never known about it had it not been for the great reviews here! I have never used W&W shadows before and am flabbergasted at what an amazing product this is. My inner makeup snob is in complete, utter shock! I think the quality of these shadows are as good (If not better!!) as the shadows in my UD Naked palette and my other highend shadows by UD, MAC, Laura Mercier, Too Faced, Paula Dorf, Lorac, Lancome, Stila, and Estee Lauder! As other reviewers have mentioned, there is fallout from these shadows, but to me, this is indicative of great quality shadows. The pigments in these are over the top intense. And yes, the color on the bottom right is identical to MAC's Clubbing e/s! All of the colors can be mixed and matched. I used them today to create a drop-dead gorgeous smoky eye look and just can't get over how beautiful this palette is! Other reviewers have also mentioned that the packaging is not the greatest in the world, but who cares about the ho-hum packaging for such an incredible product! If you can find this palette you MUST try it. I can honestly say I like this as much as my UD Naked palette!!! I am wearing my UD primer with these though at the suggestion of other reviewers. I cannot say enough about these gorgeous shadows. I can hardly believe the whole palette cost only $4.99. Get this!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by 1017

You can't go wrong with this palette. It is cheap, the greens are gorgeous and it is (did I mention) dirt cheap! The quality is very nice. The definer colors are kind of useless cuz they are so messy. But to get all these eyeshadows for such a cheap cost. You can't complain at all. All in all the product is worth a free and easy 4 lippie. The price being so cheap is what makes it deserve 5 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by str8thuggin

I just HAD to have this after reading about it on numerous beauty blogs. The colors truly are lovely, but there are a couple of issues that keep me from loving it.

First, this stuff is crumbly as all get out, especially the bottom definer color. A tiny drop of water caused the whole top portion of the shadow to just crumble in the package, so now I can only apply this dry. I don't have this problem with other shadows, even cheap ones.

Second, you will have MAJOR fallout underneath your eyes from the definer color, whether applied wet or dry. This is definitely a shadow you want to apply BEFORE the rest of your makeup. Be sure to have some oil-free eye makeup remover on hand to wipe off all the stuff that falls onto your face.

Also this shadow is quite sparkly. If you have less than perfect skin on your eyelids, RUN from this product. Not a problem for me since I keep my eyelids in great shape with retinol and vitamin e, but if your eyelid skin is not perfectly smooth this will look like crap.

This shadow has not creased on me and wears for a long time, but I attribute that to the Too Faced Shadow Insurance that I apply under it and not the eyeshadow itself.

BTW, if you are looking for a great cheap eyeshadow, I highly recommend you check out Nicka K eyeshadows which can be had for about $1.50 each at most ethnic beauty supply stores. Beautiful colors and much better quality than this.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No