July 26, 2014 | 1112 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by annieface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love using the left side of this palette! i'm glad there are greens too, but i haven't experimented much with them yet. but at least now i know i have some greens in my collection, which i don't think i did before!
i follow the guide for where you use each color with the neutral shades and i LOVE the result. i especially like the eyelid color, which is very brightening. it looks like a dupe for covergirl's mink eyeshadow, which means it's close to mac's all that glitters, but i don't have all that glitters so i can't confirm that.
the only thing that sucked about this palette was finding it... i don't have any walmarts near me and none of the walgreens in my area had it. i ended up getting it 400 miles away in a walgreens half the size of traditional walgreens stores that claims to have more "limited stock." haha go figure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by miszxlinda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In the area that I live in, I've only found this at Walgreens. I've seen many reviews on this, and have also ready many reviews about this product on here on MUA. This is beautifully pigmented palette, with great variety of greens and browns. I have very few green eye shadows, so the greens sold me. The quality of the shadows are great BUT I find the product to be a little too soft, if you understand what I mean, once a brush is dipped the shadow gets a little dusty/everywhere. The packaging itself is flimsy but what more can you say, it's a drugstore palette...overall, the product is lovely. Great cheap find for only 4.99!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Awesome, awesome eyeshadows! Very pigmented and long-lasting under my UD primer potion. The one color on the lower right-hand side is the Club dupe that is in the discontinued holiday palette that everyone raves about. I absolutely love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite one out of all three 8-pan palettes. And it was also the hardest to track down! The pigmentation is superb. All of these colors are great for work. Or if you're into neutrals like myself, this is the best out to pick out of the other two. The price point is amazing, its $5.

I'd also like to point out a potential dupe in this palette for MAC Dalliance e/s. It's the eyeshadow on the top right. Its about 1-2 shades darker. However, I think its very close. Maui Wowie without the glitter!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by lunardrive

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

God bless wet n wild for making this product. I will spend some serious cash on foundation because I don't have perfect skin and I am not 20 anymore. I will NOT spend serious cash on eyeshadows. Why? Because I don't have to. I can get department store quality eye shadow for a song and a dance thanks to wet n wild. These are incredible quality for $4.99 at your local walgreens. NOTHING thrills me more than a great cheap make up find and this product should be in the Hall of Fame of great cheap make up finds so don't just sit there, run out and get you one before they are all gone.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

I like this product but then I don't. When I used the highlighted for my brow bone, I later found glitter on my nose and I was not to happy about it. There seems to be a lot of fallout with the product since it is so pigmented. I'd recommend tapping off your eyeshadow brushes before applying or else you'll end up with shadow on your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

This palette. Is extraordinary. No, really it is. I'm NW20, so some of the shadows are a bit too warm for me, but given the fact that I LOVE others, I don't care. I don't need to love all 8 shadows in a palette if a few are winners, ya dig? I regularly fork over $14.50 for a single MAC shadow, so $5 for several is a nice change of pace. I think the "pissy remarks" are directed at the exasperating fact that some people seem unwilling to calculate the overall value WnW palettes provide, especially when factors like cost per shadow within palette, BOGO deals, comparable brand costs, etc...WnW may not be perfect, but they've done makeup lovers a huge favor by making high quality products available at a low price.

So, anyway, thoughts on the shadows:
1 (reminds me of NYX sahara,) 2, and 3 (oxidizes and looks orange, but i think would be great for warm girls,) while lovely, are all too warm for me, and I haven't found a good way to use 6 yet, so it is pretty untouched.

4. Very, very dark brown that looks fantastic smudged above my go-to black liquid liner. I use an angle brush and a mixing medium to minimize fallout, or Jesse's girl shadow transformer, but it's so soft that it has broken into the rest of the palette. Love it anyway.
5. I've lusted over and swatched vex many times but do not own it, so I can't swear that this isn't a dupe...but it lacks the shimmery pink undertones of vex. It does look awesome with shroom and satin taupe though, and I reah for it often.
7. I also like using this as a liner, on my lower lashline. Pairs well with greys for an offbeat take on a smokey eye.
8. Club dupe? I had the night elf palette, this is exactly the same, and I also have that HIP pigment that people call a club dupe.
I also own and love club very very much, and this just isn't the same. It pulls extremely red on me, and club does not. However, when layered over a dark blue gel liner (like Sonia kashuk,) the blue tones show up more. It's stil lovely, and I would rec it to anyone wavering on the club fence (but it's really not an exact dupe, and certainly not better)

Overall, I love this palette, and it was worth the borderline obsessive stalking I had to do in order to find it. If I had one wish, it would be that the shades were made available individually, or were circular and could be de-panned into a better palette.

Try it, you'll like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by skibumschick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Holy cow! Wow, these shadows are pigmented!! I tried these based on a review/tutorial from youtube. I wish they would make some matte shades, as the metallic look doesn't go well with more mature eyes. I was truly amazed at the payoff from these, though. Really nice quality for such a bargain!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Kelltastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my perfect palette. The colors are gorgeous, the payoff is spot on, and the price makes it a steal. This is a must have palette for someone who has brown eyes like myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by bella23000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only thing I don't like about this is: it doesn't have a mirror. But for $5, I can live with that. This palette has great color pay off. As previously stated by others, these are all very shimmery so a light hand is best when going for the natural look. I have not used any primer when using this palette but it stays on all day. I work full time and go to school at night and when I get home, I still have my eye make up intact.

I plan to buy several of these palettes and give them as gifts to my friends. You won't be disappointed.