December 18, 2014 | 997 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I absolutely love the Color Icon singles and the Night Elf holiday palette so when I finally found this at my local Walgreens I was ecstatic. However, I've only used it a few times and now it sits in my drawer collecting dust. While the colors are richly pigmented and blend well, they are honestly TOO soft. I had to dig through the display to find one that wasn't already broken when I bought it. Mine then broke 2 days later after one use. Whenever I open this palette I have to be prepared to clean off my entire vanity because the left 'definer' shade crumbles all over, even if I don't use it. To test it, I tapped my eyeliner brush into it and it instantly crumbled. The other colors are really soft too, but not quite as bad. They might as well have sold these as a set of pigments. The colors are nice but I don't find myself reaching for this ever as I already own similar shades of all the colors, not to mention the horrible mess. The MAC Club dupe is really pretty though.

Bottom line: this product is a total PITA but if you are absolutely dying for the Club dupe, get it and depot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by vvs9992003

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, the quality of this palette is phenomenal. The pigmentation, quality, texture, and application blow all other drugstore eyeshadows out of the water and are better than or at least on par with the best HE products.

The finishes of all the shadows are shimmery/frosty. The colors complement each other beautifully except for that the palest shade is too sparkly IMO to use as a browbone highlight (I prefer matte shades) though it works perfectly as an inner corner highlight.

Unlike many cheap eyeshadow formulas, these are not at all powdery and instead have a very buttery, smooth, super pigmented texture and apply very evenly. Because they are shimmer finishes they blend very easily with a 217 or when I'm lazy a clean fingertip works beautifully for application as well!

The standout shade of this palette is the MAC Club dupe in the lower right hand corner. Though I do not own Club this shade is amazing in its own right -- the duochrome is beautiful and adds oomph to the typical neutral brown look.

The only shades that are slightly less buttery/smooth in application is the c1r4 and the c2r3, both of which are prone to fallout because the shades seem to be more of a matte base with shimmer/sparkles rather than a true frost/shimmer like the other shades in the palette.

My go-to everyday combo using this palette is the 1st column 2nd row all over my lid then the 1c3r or the 2c4r in the outer half and crease then the 1c4r in the outer third close to my lashline and the 1c1r as a inner corner highlight. Over a primer this look lasts me 14 hours with little fading or creasing.

Bottom line is this palette is a MUST have and at just $5 I honestly don't think I'll be buying any MAC eyeshadows in the future.

Continued for FOTDs+

Look using the duochrome "definer" shade

UPDATE: ADDED SWATCH PICS!!! very true to color IRL

Compared to similar colors:

continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by bambooflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited when I found this palette at my Wags. I actually looked for it for a couple of weeks, and then one night happened to stop by my Wags when they were restocking. I asked if they had any more of comfort zone, and after digging around a bit, the SA found a box of them (brand new, untouched, wheee).

I have not had problems with breakage, but I have heard these shadows do break very easily, so be careful when handling the palette!

I absolutely love all the colors in Comfort zone. They are predominantly browns and greens, which are my favorite shades to use. I am asian with medium/olive skin, and these colors really compliment my skin tone. They are very pigmented and show up great on my eyes.

The reason for my low rating is the fact that, no matter how I try and how much primer I use, these shadows ALWAYS crease for me by the end of the day. Mind you, I do not get extremely sweaty or oily on a normal day because I sit in an air conditioned office behind a desk and a computer monitor all day. My office is kept at around 70 degrees, which is far too cold for my liking, so I'm usually shivering rather than sweating. Despite the lack of oil and sweat, these shadows still always crease for me.

This happens to other people I have talked to, so unfortunately I will probably not use this again, unless it's for a special occasion where I'll only need my shadow to last for an hour or two.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by jmshimi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

IF YOU DROP IT, IT WILL BREAK! I'm a Mac & Urban Decay snob; but after reading all these raving reviews I decided to pick up this palette cuz I'm obsessed w/ eyeshadows & wanted to see myself what the hype was all about. I was impressed! The colors applied very smoothly and easily! The color payoff is of superior quality. I took a nap for a couple of hours after layering it over my Benefit primer and Nars e/s & when I woke up the colors stayed put nicely. Can't attest to wearing it out the whole day but I get the feeling I wont be disappointed just because of the quality of the pigmentation.

HOWEVER, shortly after owning this product for half a day I wanted to experiment w/ more looks. I clumsily tried to open the lid, which is not the best quality in the world, and after some difficulty it slipped out of my hands and fell into my sink causing 3 shadows to crumble & break! It left a horrendous mess everywhere. I also noticed the colors are a bit too soft and buttery so you may experience some fallout so make sure to tap off the excess from your brush. Would I buy again? Yes, I want to try their "blue had me at hello" palette. Honestly I dont see myself ditching my mac or urban decay soon for these palettes just because of the flimsiness of the package and the extreme softness of the eyeshadow. But this is one of the most superior drugstore quality eyeshadows I've ever tried & for $5 you cant really beat that!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by ilovelagerfeld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this palette is all smooth and shimmery, with a great range of neutrals. if there were matte w&w they would sell out in a heartbeat and be HTF on ebay/amazon and i will be waiting in line for the ds to open on that day! PS these shadows apply nicely when wet with an EL brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by ssherices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a gem! I've heard alot about these palettes and decided to pick up "comfort zone". This has to be one of the best drugstore quality eyeshadows ever! The texture is buttery and smooth. The pigmentation is supurb! These shadows are really high quality! I love this , I might try some others.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Khara04

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this! Fantastic shades and very long lasting. Bought a few as backups. Wet 'n' Wild makes some of the best drugstore e/s you will find.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This palette is absolutely amazing. The shadows are soft and extremely pigmented... rivaling even some of my high end ones! All the colors in this palette are very versatile and can make a variety of different looks. I especially love the peachy-golden shade... awesome as a lid color! Just a little warning: the bottom left shade (dark brown) is EXTREMELY soft and insanely pigmented, so only use a tiny bit and be sure to blend! It's also prone to shattering, so be extra careful with it because it ill get everywhere!

Overall, I definitely recommend this palette, and for five bucks at the drugstore, you can't beat it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with what everyone reviewed here, this palette is a winner because green, beige, golds, and browns look good on virtually every skintones and its only $5. Im NC40 and these colors really show up on me and it has very little creasing which is surprising on my oily skin, and I used these colors without a primer in the summer heat! I love pretty much every shade in this palette (including the wierd green glitter color on bottom right), I have never like every shade in any eyeshadow palette before.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

My whole eyeshadow wardrobe is becoming Wet N' Wild and Stila! I love this set, every color is packed with pigment and unique. I especially use #2, the silky pink shimmer. It's everything I wanted Kitten to be. It never looks too cool or frosty on me, just a lovely pink/gold. It looks great when paired with the Club dupe in the lower right side in the crease. The light brown color #3 is great, very similar to the crease shade in the Walking on Eggshells set. I haven't tried many of the green side yet, but from the swatches I think I'll like them, too. I would say that if you are thinking about spending just under $50 on the UD Naked pallet, get this set and WnW Vanity instead. You'll get both for under $10 and use them more. I do use them more than my Naked pallet.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No