November 26, 2014 | 975 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I have never used the Clarisonic because I'm a cheap/frugal person. I just don't believe in spending that kind of money on something I may or may not like (I hate taking the time returning stuff). Thus when this came out I was still a bit iffy. I've never had an Olay product that worked for me.

I also want to note I have sensitive skin that's acne prone. I almost swear I could look at it the wrong way one day and the next I'd have acne.
That being said the scrub that comes with this system is awesome. If I had a pimple, used this scrub and went to sleep I'd have almost clear skin the next day. I never noticed the brush actually doing anything to my skin. It was always the scrub. But the scrub is $20 (sometimes you can find it for cheaper or get coupons) for a 6oz tube. Well St.Ives Apricot scrub is only about $2-3 for a 6oz tube. And guess what? They work the same! I scrub my face with the apricot scrub and the next day my pimple is almost gone. So I've switched. I'm so cheap that even buying a $20 tube of Olay scrub isn't worth it if the cheaper stuff works the same. For you ladies who like the brush feel free to use it but I've had BB creams do more to my skin than it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush has been a great product for me. For reference, my skin is very oily, acne prone and not sensitive. I also had to do a bit of hunting to find this. The first two stores I went to were sold out and I ended up purchasing it at Walgreen's. The price ($29 and some change) was the same at all 3 stores. It came with batteries which was nice. I had no trouble putting them in. The box also includes one brush head and a sample size of the Olay Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser. The brush head didn't seem very secure when I attached it. I kept thinking I wasn't getting it in all the way but I haven't had any problems with it since. I use this daily during my evening cleansing. Sometimes on the weekends I use it in the morning as well. After a month, my skin is smoother, softer and brighter. I haven't experienced any irritation. I'm currently using it with Cerave Foaming Face Wash. The cleanser it came with has exfoliating beads in it and I kind of think that used at the same time with the brush would be a bit much for me. The brush rotates, it does not utilize the same sonic technology as the Clarisonic (which I haven't tried, so I can't make any comparisons there). The bristles were very soft at first but after about a month of use they seem a bit rougher. Overall, I'm very happy with what this brush has done for my skin. I put that I would repurchase, and i would, but honestly it's made me even more interested in trying the Clarisonic to see if I would get even better results with it. I do think this is a great way to find out if manual exfoliation of this kind is right for your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Kandiefashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok ...well my Sister in law was raving about Clairsonic ...but i cant afford that price ! maybe as an Xmas gift :) ....

so i diceded to try the Way Less expensive OLAY version !

First the Batteries are NOT that hard to get in .... i just held the end and wiggled twice and Viola ! lol...

now i alway start with my Pre Cleanse ( Dermalogia ) for my eyes with useing water proof liner ....then i got to it !

Wow the feeling is so nice ...i do agree the strenght seemed light ...even on high...but again ...i think thats a good thing

now i did like your supposed to with the clair sonic 1 min i section...and i found it Amazing !! my nose was easy to get to ...i even did my neck !

i wish i got a clair sonic to compair too....maybe next sale on it ...or xmas :) ...lol

but for now this is fabulous ...my Face was super Clean and not tight after ... i use a liquid cleanser ...i really think that would help

first day ...so i will come back and let you know more :)

XOX
Nat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I bought this to try it out and see if splurging on the Clarisonic Mia is going to agree with my skin. First its sold out at almost very ULTA and Drugstores (Walgreens, Walmart etc.) in my area. I finally got it at Target...last one on the shelf.

So far with 1 weeks use (nighttime cleansing only) I like the Olay cleansing brush. So for $30 I am extremely pleased. I will probably save my pennies for the clarisonic...but this one will be great for travel use.

I did not have problems at all with inserting the batteries. The trick is to firm grasp the cover and pull back and wiggle at the same time. Opens up without any trouble. I use rechargeable batteries as well--eco-friendly option.

I do not use the cleanser in the kit. I use DHC pure or mild soap with my brush--I lather the soap, apply it to my face and use my Olay brush.

Highly recommended for those wanted to be try the Clarisonic, but just don't want to spend money to find out it's too harsh for their sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good brush if you are looking for something to help your cleanser exfoliates your skin. I dont use the cleanser that comes with this system, instead i use my own cleanser. I like to use this brush on days that i feel very oily or if i have on heavy makeup. I would buy it again if mine breaks.
I wish it was a chargeable brush and that it came with a brush holder. I had to put mine in a ziplock bag to store it. I hope they will come out with a pink one. Changing the batteries can be tricky, i just slowly yank it back and forth while pulling upward and then lid will pop opens. It has two setting speed. One is fast and the other one is much slower and softer stroke. I highly recommend this brush if you are consider buying the expensive one.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by yuki612

Sadly I just returned this product after trying it for almost a month. I was so excited to try it when I first got it, I used it once or twice a day for a while but I never noticed any difference on my skin. I found that some of my cleansers didn't work well with the brush and it was hard for me to clean my nose with the brush. And the brush was constantly catching my hair and left it so soapy which I hated. And the last thing is, even though the whole thing is supposed to be water-proof, when I twisted the bottom off to take the batteries out, I found water on the batteries! I previously tried Clarsonic which works a little better for me, but I didn't feel like paying that much money on replacement brush heads and to me, it wasn't really worth it so oboviously it went back to the store too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I don't have the clarisonic that everyone is talking about because I simply cannot justify spending over $200 for a facial cleanser.
I bought my prox cleansing system at CVS for $29.99 two weeks ago and have been using it everyday since. I only use it once a day after i take my makeup off with a makeup wipe. My skin has been looking amazingly glowy as soon as I started using this. I have less clogged pores on my chin and nose. I have a feeling that if I keep using this, i eventually won't have clogged pores.
The battery cap is very tightly sealed and hard to open when changing batteries , but I think this is necessary because it has to seal away water from getting into the batteries.
All in all, I have no complaints and I love how it makes my skin glows. If you have $30 to spare, go get one.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by senoritasatan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Well, I don't use this anymore. I tried it for a couple of weeks because it was only 30 bucks. It is not BAD, but it's not exceptionally GOOD either. I don't have a Clarisonic either to compare. I will stick with a gentle scrub for exfoliation. It does what it is supposed to do, it cleans your skin. I feel like these brushes are just too much of a hassle to use for not amazing results. If it made my skin look amazing, I might have a different opinion. If you want a cleansing brush that will clean well it will work for you. DO NOT expect drastic results, though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to be one of the ones who didn't enjoy this product. This is not an exact dupe for the clarisonic. I have gotten many facials with the clarisonic at my local spa and i absolutely love how it feels without irritating my sensitive yet cleans my oily skin and clarisonic beeping definitely tells you to move onto the next section. What bothers me about that product is that it splashes product on my face rather than actually scrub and vibrate the product to get down to cleaning my skin, the brush just spins but does not vibrate to clean the skin. The bristles are sorta hard, but if the clarisonic refill brushes fit this device that I may keep it, but for now, I have my receipt and I will be returning this device back to cvs. Since I have experienced the Clarisonic before, I can definitely describe the level of sophistication and now know why it costs $200. I also have gotten body treatments and my facialist used the clarisonic on my elbows and upperback, and my skin just glistens, and I wonder if it can be used during a pedicure..anyway, I hate to be a snob, but I have tried over 1000 products and many facial innovations (susan lucci, zeno, clarisonic, facemaster etc etc) and so if I dont use a product in my daily routine, than its not something that impresses me enough to write a good stellar review, i have to be honest in my ratings.

12 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by shcjeunbyeol

I love it. It helps to cleanse my skin and my skin is just a lot better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No