October 30, 2014 | 1621 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Kandiefashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok ...well my Sister in law was raving about Clairsonic ...but i cant afford that price ! maybe as an Xmas gift :) ....

so i diceded to try the Way Less expensive OLAY version !

First the Batteries are NOT that hard to get in .... i just held the end and wiggled twice and Viola ! lol...

now i alway start with my Pre Cleanse ( Dermalogia ) for my eyes with useing water proof liner ....then i got to it !

Wow the feeling is so nice ...i do agree the strenght seemed light ...even on high...but again ...i think thats a good thing

now i did like your supposed to with the clair sonic 1 min i section...and i found it Amazing !! my nose was easy to get to ...i even did my neck !

i wish i got a clair sonic to compair too....maybe next sale on it ...or xmas :) ...lol

but for now this is fabulous ...my Face was super Clean and not tight after ... i use a liquid cleanser ...i really think that would help

first day ...so i will come back and let you know more :)

XOX
Nat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I bought this to try it out and see if splurging on the Clarisonic Mia is going to agree with my skin. First its sold out at almost very ULTA and Drugstores (Walgreens, Walmart etc.) in my area. I finally got it at Target...last one on the shelf.

So far with 1 weeks use (nighttime cleansing only) I like the Olay cleansing brush. So for $30 I am extremely pleased. I will probably save my pennies for the clarisonic...but this one will be great for travel use.

I did not have problems at all with inserting the batteries. The trick is to firm grasp the cover and pull back and wiggle at the same time. Opens up without any trouble. I use rechargeable batteries as well--eco-friendly option.

I do not use the cleanser in the kit. I use DHC pure or mild soap with my brush--I lather the soap, apply it to my face and use my Olay brush.

Highly recommended for those wanted to be try the Clarisonic, but just don't want to spend money to find out it's too harsh for their sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good brush if you are looking for something to help your cleanser exfoliates your skin. I dont use the cleanser that comes with this system, instead i use my own cleanser. I like to use this brush on days that i feel very oily or if i have on heavy makeup. I would buy it again if mine breaks.
I wish it was a chargeable brush and that it came with a brush holder. I had to put mine in a ziplock bag to store it. I hope they will come out with a pink one. Changing the batteries can be tricky, i just slowly yank it back and forth while pulling upward and then lid will pop opens. It has two setting speed. One is fast and the other one is much slower and softer stroke. I highly recommend this brush if you are consider buying the expensive one.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by yuki612

Sadly I just returned this product after trying it for almost a month. I was so excited to try it when I first got it, I used it once or twice a day for a while but I never noticed any difference on my skin. I found that some of my cleansers didn't work well with the brush and it was hard for me to clean my nose with the brush. And the brush was constantly catching my hair and left it so soapy which I hated. And the last thing is, even though the whole thing is supposed to be water-proof, when I twisted the bottom off to take the batteries out, I found water on the batteries! I previously tried Clarsonic which works a little better for me, but I didn't feel like paying that much money on replacement brush heads and to me, it wasn't really worth it so oboviously it went back to the store too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I don't have the clarisonic that everyone is talking about because I simply cannot justify spending over $200 for a facial cleanser.
I bought my prox cleansing system at CVS for $29.99 two weeks ago and have been using it everyday since. I only use it once a day after i take my makeup off with a makeup wipe. My skin has been looking amazingly glowy as soon as I started using this. I have less clogged pores on my chin and nose. I have a feeling that if I keep using this, i eventually won't have clogged pores.
The battery cap is very tightly sealed and hard to open when changing batteries , but I think this is necessary because it has to seal away water from getting into the batteries.
All in all, I have no complaints and I love how it makes my skin glows. If you have $30 to spare, go get one.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by senoritasatan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Well, I don't use this anymore. I tried it for a couple of weeks because it was only 30 bucks. It is not BAD, but it's not exceptionally GOOD either. I don't have a Clarisonic either to compare. I will stick with a gentle scrub for exfoliation. It does what it is supposed to do, it cleans your skin. I feel like these brushes are just too much of a hassle to use for not amazing results. If it made my skin look amazing, I might have a different opinion. If you want a cleansing brush that will clean well it will work for you. DO NOT expect drastic results, though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to be one of the ones who didn't enjoy this product. This is not an exact dupe for the clarisonic. I have gotten many facials with the clarisonic at my local spa and i absolutely love how it feels without irritating my sensitive yet cleans my oily skin and clarisonic beeping definitely tells you to move onto the next section. What bothers me about that product is that it splashes product on my face rather than actually scrub and vibrate the product to get down to cleaning my skin, the brush just spins but does not vibrate to clean the skin. The bristles are sorta hard, but if the clarisonic refill brushes fit this device that I may keep it, but for now, I have my receipt and I will be returning this device back to cvs. Since I have experienced the Clarisonic before, I can definitely describe the level of sophistication and now know why it costs $200. I also have gotten body treatments and my facialist used the clarisonic on my elbows and upperback, and my skin just glistens, and I wonder if it can be used during a pedicure..anyway, I hate to be a snob, but I have tried over 1000 products and many facial innovations (susan lucci, zeno, clarisonic, facemaster etc etc) and so if I dont use a product in my daily routine, than its not something that impresses me enough to write a good stellar review, i have to be honest in my ratings.

12 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by shcjeunbyeol

I love it. It helps to cleanse my skin and my skin is just a lot better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by novastar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this a lot. It's a good product with a good price. It does clean my skin very well and it helped to reduce flaky skin in some areas where BP dried out my skin. My skin feels smooth and clean after I use this. I use this with the Olay cleanser that comes with the unit. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by bambooflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start this review by saying that I own both the Clarisonic and this Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System. I have used the Clarisonic for a little over two months, and the Pro-X for about a week. The two products are so often compared that I felt I should also compare the two.

First of all, the Pro-X does not feel like the Clarisonic at all. I did not realize they were so different until I tried the Pro-X. I would say the difference between the Clarisonic and the Pro-X is parallel to the difference between a Soniccare toothbrush and an Oral B Professional toothbrush - one vibrates while the other spins.

I really enjoy how the Clarisonic feels while cleansing my face (I use it on the 'low' setting - I have heard a lot of people say that the 'normal' setting is too harsh for their face) - usually it only takes about 30 seconds for me to clean my face with the Clarisonic. I like that it has the 20/10 second timers - it helps me keep track of how long I use it (it's not a good idea to overuse it for fear of irritating your skin).

The Pro-X feels a lot cheaper to me when I use it. I don't like the spinning action as much because I don't feel like I have as much control over it, somehow. It doesn't have any sort of timer nor an auto shutoff after a certain amount of time. The battery compartment is also very difficult to open - I hope I won't have to change the batteries very often!

That said, even though I prefer the feel of the Clarisonic, I think the Pro-X is just as effective in cleansing my skin and ridding my face of makeup as the Clarisonic. My skin looks very clear and healthy right now, and switching from the Clarisonic to the Pro-X has not changed that. I almost feel like the Pro-X will not be as irritating to your skin as the Clarisonic can be, due to the way that it cleans.

Overall, it is such a great deal for $30! Go out and buy one now