October 25, 2014 | 1652 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Concealer - heavy duty

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer. I'm by no means a concealer expert- I kinda have hated using it in the past. I use this for under eye darkness and it works really well. It blends easily with my foundation and isn't noticeable or glaringly bright. It doesn't seem to settle into the fine lines under my eyes either. Plus this tube will seriously last me forever! You only need a really small amount. Great purchase for 6 bucks!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Soon, i haven't used this long enough to have a complete review but i just really wanted to share my opinion in it. So i usually don't buy concealers because i would rather just have a full coverage foundation. That last Concealer i tried (maybeline fit me) was a huge let down. I have been eyeing this Concealer for so long and i just bought it. I was immediately upset about the color choices. I thought tan would work for me but its one or two shades lighter than me. But its not bad because i can mix it with a darker foundation. But all the colors are pretty close in range which sucks.

The coverage is heavy. You only need the tiniest dot to cover discoloration which is awesome because it will last a long time. It covers everything which is the main reason whyy i bought it. I hear its a dupe for Kat Von d tattoo Concealer too. This product is not for people with dry skin. My skin is normal to dry during the winter. It looks cakey and it makes my skin look flakey and dry. You need to moisturize well before using it!

I love the pencil that comes with it. They should have it separately and full sized because its so great. I like it for highlighting the brow bone and Cupid's bow. You can use this in the water line as well but i don't think its very long wearing for that.

So this in my opinion, this Concealer is good for normal to oily skin people with nc35-30 skin if you get the shade tan. If you are nc42-45 you may like it for highlighting or you will have to mix it with sonething

Edit: so i really love how this covers. I can get away with the color by usibg a foundation over it. You MUST set this. It does have a lit of transfer but the finish is a bit sticky. Overall, i definitely recommend this. also, you need to moisturize your under eyes if it tend to be a bit dry. Mine is bit dry and i need to use a primer to smooth out that area. if not, the concealer looks cakey

Edit: I thought this concealer was pretty good but i have changed my mind completely. It separates to much in the tube so everytime i use it have to shake it up and squeeze the bottle to mix it. It gets annoying sometimes. But the worst thing about this product it that is doesnt last long. even after i set it with a loose powder, it transfers quickly and can wipe off with a light touch. I doesn't look too good under the eyes because it creases after a an hour or two. The transferring problem just ruined all my good thoughts on the product

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really like this concealer so far. I was on the hunt for a really heavy duty concealer to use on my face, body and under my eyes. This was incredibly cheap and you get a lot of product - plus I didn't have to hunt it down, just went to the local Wal Mart.
I got the shade Tan, which I was worried would be too light or have a strange undertone, and I'm happy to report that that's not the case! I think this shade is equivalent to MAC's discontinued studio stick foundation (which I loved) in NC 30 or 35. It's a great match.
Anyway, my first impressions re: the concealer:
It's very heavy and yellow. That's a good thing for my oily skin. It did cover up red acne spots on my chin and lightened up my hereditary dark circles. However, for my dark circles I prefer using a salmon or peach corrector first as this is too yellow and it can look "off" or "grey" under my eyes if I were to use just this.
I took one lippie off because this just didn't work on the random red, but flat spot I got on my chest. It just wouldn't stick to the spot at all and blended in everywhere else BUT there. I couldn't figure out why and am still trying to get it to work. Maybe it's too heavy?
Also and this is really important: this concealer transfers like crazy! The consistency is kind of oily yet dry?? so maybe that's why. If you touch your face you can be sure it'll come off. Don't put this on and then pull on a white t shirt over your face - just sayin'!
I find it has pretty good staying power but cakes up in a primer and powder sandwich. I'm still trying to figure out how to make it set properly.
It was easy to blend if I stippled it on with fingers but be advised, this doesn't have much slip to it. I'd say it's drier than MAC's studio fix pot concealer and must be warmed up a little with your fingers. However, I still can't set it properly with a powder. It just doesn't want to stay and instead slides off my face.
All in all, I'd probably repurchase but seeing as how there's so much product I'll probably never need to.
I'm still waiting to see if this will break me out or separate in the tube. I'll edit my review then.
(edited to add) I adore the concealer pencil it comes with! I've been looking for a natural looking concealer pencil to use for lining my waterline and I'm pleased as punch with this. I didn't want to splurge for the MAC pro chromagraphic pencil. I wish they sold them separately and at full size!
If my review helped you, click yes below!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by shelbyrose17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

pros:
covers relativly well
only 6 bucks at walmart

cons:
creases and cracks after a while...
not good for under eyes..too heavy
only 3 shades

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by alybaly12

I found that the concealer is way too heavy and cakey looking for me, but I really like the concealed pencil to outline my brows to make them more dramatic looking (I do this everyday so I may consider repurchasing but the tip of the pencil dulls wicked easily).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Leelay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Creases, That's all I can say. And limited color selection, not worth buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by JenniaB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have active acne and old acne scars. I have been on a hunt for a perfect concealer forever. All other concealers seemed to cover ok at first, but shortly just the area around acne bump would be covered and the zit is back doing a red pickaboo. I have picked this concealer up in a Light shade, but even without opening it I realized that it would be too light for my skin and accentuate my acne bumps.
I then returned it, got Maybeline swirl, but that was bad and accentuated dryness around acne. I returned it and decided to get this one but in Medium. I figured if it is too dark, but i like it, I will get light and mix the two to get my shade. But it worked beautifully!! Matched the color well. I love it!!! It is so thick so it stays on top of my acne where it belongs! And as everyone said you need a very TINY amount. And I mean really tiny! Like less than a quarter of a pea size to cover my zits! For under eye I use different concealer since I do not have a really big problem there, so I use something light weight to even out my under eye tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by mizzmexxi

My number one use for this is using it as a way to clean up my eyebrows after filling them in. I loveee having sharp dramatic brows and this product is my go to to clean up my brows. The product is thick and its smooth and easy to control with a concealer brush.

As an under eye concealer i adore it too. It does crease under my eye if you really pack in under there but once i see that it looks creased i take my finger and pat the concealer and the crease fade away. I have both the 'medium' and 'tan' shade to me theres barely a shade difference.

I also once used this a foundation( sounds crazy -__- i know) BUT i first primed and moisturized my skin. While the moisturizer was still kinda wet i dabbed small dots on the concealer all over my face and buffed it away with a stippling brush. OMGGGG i loved! my face look so dewy and it glowed.

Pros:
-A little dot goes a long way. its very pigmented
-Easy to control
-Its long wear
-The tube will last a long time since the product is so pigmented.
-6 dollars in walmart!

Cons:
-After awhile the product sepperates into liquid oil. The product itself is thick so you have to shake it a good while to get it back to normal.
-Theres only 3 shades. In my opinion they are all very close in colors.
-its creases under eyes

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by BeautyLoverRN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think my expectations were too high for this product, after hearing tons of beauty gurus on YouTube raving...

Pros:
-GREAT pigmentation! (Marketed as being able to [pretty much] cover tattoos)
-Great as a concealer (but NOT a highlighting/brightening product)

Cons:
-Tube seems to "separate" out into the pigment vs. the oil, I always have to shake the heck out of it before using
-Creases HORRIBLY under my eyes after less than 30 minutes of wear, even over a primer and under a setting powder!
-I'm NW20, and got both the "Light" and "Ultra Light" shades. I tried them both on at home, returned the latter, and kept the "Light" shade. It's great for concealing a blemish here or there, but under my eyes (the reason I purchased it for), it has no brightening effect.

I'm thinking of returning this one, too. I definitely prefer my Maybelline Dream Touch Lumi highlighting/concealing pen thing to this...if anyone knows of any concealers that DON'T crease, please let me know!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great concealer if you want something very pigmented and affordable and those are your main concerns. I've tried a lot of drugstore concealers and very few are this pigmented. A little goes a long way but I personally think it's a bit hard to work with. It's thick so it can settle into fine lines very easily. They need to provide more colors for people like me. I'm NC40-42 and the darkest color leaves that horrid gray cast. Only 3-4 months after I bought this, the whole tube separated and yes, I did shake the tube regularly. =/ I kept squeezing and squeezing thinking that only the product towards the front was separated but it was the whole tube. I probably just bought a bad tube but I've never ever had that happen to me before with other concealers.