Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 3/12/2013 10:29:00 AM

By far, this is the best concealer I've ever used. I believe it was originally an MUA review that sent me looking for it, but I'm glad I did. I have dark under-eye circles, and occasional break-outs that this covers amazingly well.

I DO hope they keep manufacturing it. IDK what I'd do if I ran out and couldn't re-purchase! Probably cry. literally. :-)

on 3/11/2013 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I heard my friends and many youtube people rave about this product and how it could cover anything. Well for me all it did was stick to the slightest bit of dryness on my face and settle into fine lines. Maybe it was cause i applied it wrong but i have no idea. I'm still going to try out this product once in a while to figure out if its good for me or if i should just pass it on to my sisters. The price for this product is crazy amazing!!! It gives you one WHOLE fluid ounce for only $6 bucks. My other concealers come in 0.1 or a little more so i was so surprised for the large amount of product.

on 3/8/2013 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This concealer isn't all bad. Like everyone said its super thick, and opaque. I just bought this and I find its too much for the under eye area. It's good for blemishes and spots though. I'll use it for when I need to spot treat treat. I won't repurchase it. Oh yah, the color range also sucks. If you are of a darker skin tone, you may have trouble with this line.

on 3/4/2013 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pretty good concealer, especially for the price!
I was looking for a concealer that would help me hide my acne scars and found some people were recommending Hardy Candy. Since I live in Canada, I had to scour through Wal-mart to find this brand, but when I did I was super happy to see that the concealer was only $6 and had the words "heavy-duty" on it (which sounded pretty promising).
Please keep in mind that I don't often wear full-coverage foundation. I like BB creams and foundations with a light to medium coverage because I find them easier to work with on a daily basis and my skin seems to tolerate them better. A heavier foundation may give a different effect with this concealer.
But for me, this concealer managed to cover most of my acne marks. It's a pretty creamy product though, so I am careful to not rub it too much when I apply my BB cream over top and I always always always set it with translucent powder. It does face a bit after 6 hours at school or work, but even then, it still diminishes the look of my scars.
Overall, it's not a miracle product, but it's definitely a decent concealer for small areas.

on 2/25/2013 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product is just okay. I developed some dark eye circles after having surgery and needed a good concealer to cover them (they still haven't gone away, sigh). Nothing I had was working well enough, so I came to MUA for some recommendations and saw another review where someone had suggested a technique for covering her under eye circles by first using Smashbox under eye hydrating primer, followed by Bobbi Brown corrector, followed by a tiny bit of this Hard Candy concealer, and then finished off with Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder (for under eyes). I wanted to try out this technique so I collected all of the ingredients and tried it for myself. I loved all of the products except for this concealer. I got this in the shade "Light" and it was much too light for me (just for reference, I have fair-medium skin and wear NC20/NC25). I usually like my concealers a shade or so lighter than my skin tone for the highlighting effect it gives, but this concealer was not good for that at all. It had sort of an ashy tone to it, so if you use it for highlighting the under eye area (like blending it outward in sort of a triangle shape a la Kim Kardashian), it really just ends up making the area between your eyes and cheekbones look cakey and grayish (ahh! O_o). I don't really use it for my under eye circles anymore... instead I use it more for tiny little problem spots like along the jawline or on the cheeks since when you're using it for such a small area the ashy-ness doesn't show as much. For this purpose it's okay. It's pretty heavy-duty so it covers dark spots and pimples very well and the staying power is decent compared to other concealers. It does wear off a bit after half a day or so, but I have yet to find a concealer that doesn't (and most don't even last THAT long). For under eye circles though, now I'm just sticking with the Bobbi Brown corrector since it covers pretty well, brightens, and doesn't look cakey. If you really want to give the Glamoflauge concealer a try though, I'd say go for it since it's so inexpensive and relatively easy to get ahold of.

One last thing I didn't like, and maybe I'm just too picky, but it seems like their spelling of the name is wrong. It's obviously a play on the word "camouflage," except they misplaced the u and put it at the end to make "Glamoflauge" when I think it should really be "Glamouflage." It's an understandable error to make, but it kind of makes the company seem like they don't pay much attention to detail. Nobody in the entire company caught this before it went to production?

on 2/22/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I overall loved this concealer, until it started breaking me out :( It covers amazingly, there is literally nothing this won't cover, and the shade ultra light is the only concealer I've ever found that's actually light enough for my pale skin! However, it ended up being too heavy and oily for my sensitive, acne-prone skin and within a week I had massive breakouts. I'm so sad, this is the best concealer I've ever used. Highly recommended if you don't have acne prone skin!

on 2/21/2013 11:42:00 PM

I love this product. I swear it covers everything! And you only need the tiniest amount, I mean tiny! As in less than a pea size amount. The tube should last you a very long time. I've heard of some people with really spotted skin using it as a foundation, because like I said, it covers everything! It's very heavy so with sensitive or oily skin I wouldn't recommend it. It's perfect for under eyes and blemishes,

on 2/21/2013 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am so happy to have found my HG concealer in this product! I haven't been this happy about a makeup item in a long time. I love this because it works perfectly on both my undereye area and on blemishes. It's extremely pigmented, meaning a little does a long way. A lot of people seem to find the consistency to be too "thick" and unblendable, but I find that if I apply a very tiny amount use my finger to blend, it blends fairly easily and doesn't cake up. The fact that you only have to use the tiniest amount means that the little tube lasts quite a long time, so the value is excellent. This is also the best color match I've ever come across- I use the Ultra Light shade and it's perfect for my very pale skin. The pencil that comes with it is also great- I use it to line my lower waterline, which makes my eyes look bigger and brighter.

on 2/21/2013 10:46:00 AM

Sorry, I haven't purchased yet, but had to ask if all of the reviews are for the tube of concealer and not related to how the 'stick' works. I am really interested in how the stick works.

Thanks so much!

on 2/18/2013 10:27:00 PM

This is everything everyone's said it would be. Finally a product that delivers! It has exceptional coverage for my undereye circles, but you only need the tinest dot of it to cover. If you use too much it will look cakey, and it dries quickly so you have to blend it out asap, but the results when applied properly are perfect. It really looks like I don't have any dark circles. I'm not the kind of person who thinks that just because something's cheap means you can forgive it when it works like crap, but I still really encourage everyone to try this, because the results are crazy for such a cheap product.