April 18, 2014 | 1491 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by sal4993

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I forget I'm wearing it and it just suits my combination/dry kin perfect. Gives a really nice glow

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by anothermakeupaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I have officially found my HG foundation! I was so hesitant in getting this, but after trying out the sample, I knew no other foundation I had ever tried could compare. I have tried so many products for the Maybelline Fit Me to Mac Pro Longwear to Laura Mercier, and nothing compares to this foundation. My main concern was discoloration and acne scars. I also have pretty dry skin and while everything else i've tried seeming to accentuate my dry skin and make me look super matte and give me a caked-on effect, the Chanel foundation applied so smoothly and gave me such a natural, healthy, dewy look. It looked like I wasn't wearing any foundation at all! I personally built this foundation up the a medium coverage, but even that seemed to much as a little goes a long way with this product. Although it is pretty pricey, it will probably last a while (especially if you're like me, and don't wear foundation on a daily basis).
I would recommend this foundation, and would highly suggest trying out the sample if you're on the fence about making the purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by holmesy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think I've found my HG foundation! I use the shade B20 and it matches my skin perfectly. It seems to stay on the whole day and it doesn't accentuate any dryness on my dry skin. It is pricey, but it is definitely worth trying. It took me 9 months to get through one bottle, so a little goes a long way! The best way I've found to apply it is with my fingers (make sure to shake well first!). I then put some of Mac's MSFN on top. One thing that bugs me about this is the bottle. You can't see how much product is left and you must cover the opening with your finger while you shake it, otherwise the foundation will leak out. Although, it is travel friendly since it's plastic. It is a light to medium coverage, so if you are looking for something that will cover every flaw then this is not the best foundation for you. However, I love this foundation because it feels like you don't have makeup on. If you've been wanting to try this out, I suggest grabbing a sample from a Chanel counter. I guarantee you will fall in love!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Fia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gawdammit, Chanel. You f*cked up my skin bad!

Normally, my dry Asian skin is clear and blemish-free, and I only wear light foundation to even out my skin tone. I heard the raves about Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua Hydra compact creme from Asia. Then I saw Lisa Eldridge used it on herself and from thereon I was determined to try it. I went to a local Macy's, asked about it and learned that the item was not yet released in the US so I thought I would try the fluid version first. At the counter, it looked promising. The consistency is watery, seemingly hydrating, and achieved a very natural look. I got a sample, wore it for one day and then BAM!! My face broke out and, as I'm typing this, I currently look like I'm suffering a bout of the chicken pox.

In fact, it feels like I have the chicken pox. It's not the typical acne but a full blown allergic rash on my face. In fact, the skin of my face is swollen, sensitive, is even dryer, and it itches like a mofo. I was horrified when I saw numerous blemishes all over my face. My face has never looked this bad.

I never worried too much about trying new things on my face because my skin wasn't too sensitive. Confused and mad, I started researching what ingredient my body could be reacting so badly to. Stupidly, I never paid attention to the ingredients list. If I had bothered to look and learn what they mean, I would know that alcohol (the denatured kind) was the third thing on the list. That's pretty damn high on the list! This kind of alcohol serves to make the watery foundation dry faster, and it is really bad for the skin. In fact, my research told me that this kind of alcohol is usually used in gasoline and acetone. Some people have used this with no break outs (lucky them!) but I would say that long use of any product with denatured alcohol would have negative effects on the skin in the long run. So steer clear of it. If I could, I would give this product a zero rating. Chanel schmanel!! Don't get caught up with the name and get caught up in the ingredients list instead. A high-end brand does not guarantee a quality product. Hopefully my face recovers without scars. :'(

P.S. I'm definitely going to avoid the Vitalumiere Hydra compact creme version too.

12 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by mlgibson494

I have been using this product for almost a week now. I have oily skin, and have problems finding a foundation that didn't make it worse, or break me out. So far, I have not broke out. And I don't get oily, but rather I have a nice glow. It feels nice. It doesn't have alot of coverage, but evens out the skin beautifully. I have no complaints so far. The only thing that brought down the lippies is the bottle. You shake it for the best result, but it gets in the cap and is a tad messy. Other than that, I like it.
UPDATE: I returned this product. I used it for about two weeks. Was starting to get small breakouts. My skin was oily very quickly in the day. And the staying power wasn't there. Hate it now. Still recovering from what it did to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by jordanbelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Gave me a great glow!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation , The texture is amazing and so easy to work with. B10 is a great match for my Nc15 skin. And it lasts on my oily skin. The Coverage is slightly lighter than I am used to so I wear this when my Skin is in really good condition. Would buy this again , especially for the summer if i holds up would be a lovely light weight foundation. I do wish there was some way to tell how much was left in the bottle though .

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by septimber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Packaging is excellent, easy to travel with, easy to shake the heck out of it without fear of damaging it. I am OK with the price as a bottle lasts me something like 6 months.
When I buy a foundation, I want something that conceals the redness at the center of my face and and leaves a natural, real-skin finish. This foundation does that very well. I took one point off because it does not seem to last me an 8 hour workshift (I dont powder it at all, just blot my nose when it gets oily). When I look back at photos with me wearing this foundation, I wonder if I will ever buy any other.
When Im breaking out I long for a higher coverage foundation, because this hardly conceals my blemishes at all.
I wear this in BR10 (added a photo), sometimes it feels as if its a tiny tad too dark under certain lighting but it looks spot-on in the photo so I dont know =/ Definitely buying again, though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by swtxos

It's a very light weight / light covering foundation. I've never tried to build it up to a medium coverage, but I can imagine that it's possible without looking cakey. This foundation dries to a satin finish on me, which is perfect for when I'm going for the natural/youthful look. It's kind of annoying that I have to give it a good shake before each use, but I do that for pretty much every other foundation I own, the only difference is I have to shake for a bit longer with this. It's quite similar to MAC's Face and Body foundation as a previous review had mentioned. The coverage is better than F&B, and is not as dewy as F&B, but the light-weight water-based consistency qualities are similar. Between the two, I will pick Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua over the MAC F&B because it seems to be easier to blend and has better coverage.

I'm not too fussy about the packaging, but knowing that it's Chanel I expected something more fetching. The packaging is very practical and compact so it may be great for traveling. I will most likely repurchase this product because it IS very practical and I like the product overall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation alot. I'm not sure yet if I love it as much as my HG MAC Face & Body. It's the first product I've ever bought by Chanel, and I watched so many reviews on You Tube and read many on here before purchasing. For reference, I'm warm toned with a medium complexion (Italian heritage). I'm an NC35-40 in MAC(depending on the season), & I wear this in B50, which is a great match.

I love the watery and thin foundations, which the MAC F&B introduced me to. This is not quite as thin and watery as the MAC F&B, because it's a bit more gel like in consistency. The coverage is light, but buildable to medium. You can definitely build this up in areas that you need more coverage without it looking cakey and gross. You must shake this vigorously before each use because it separates. One thing I really dislike about this is that it contains a large amount of alcohol denat, which is very high up on the ingredients list (2nd or 3rd!). Alcohol denat (if you don't know, denatured alcohol=The equivalent of rubbing alcohol) is very drying a.k.a. aging. I don't wear foundation everyday, so this not a total deal breaker for me, but definitely worth considering. I do have dry skin at times, so I'm hoping it doesn't make it more dry. I didn't read the ingredients before I bought it, or I'd prob not have purchased it, It has a perfumey smell that I like, but I know it would bother some.

I have normal to dry skin and this doesn't accentuate any dryness for me. I wouldn't call this a dewy finish, but I wouldn't say it's matte, like some reviewers say. I'd say it's just a natural finish, very much like your own skin. I highly, highly recommend this foundation, and it's not as expensive as alot of other Chanel products, and a bit cheaper than their other foundations. At $45, it's pretty much on par with MUFE and many other brands @ Sephora.

The packaging is fine with me, I don't know why so many people are complaining that it's not in the traditional luxurious feeling glass bottle like other Chanel foundations. Duh, you have to shake this vigorously before applying, a glass bottle could fly out of your hands, especially if your hands are slippery from just applying primer or moisturizer! It would've been really stupid of Chanel to put this in a thick glass bottle that needed shaken hard before each use. If you like a natural foundation, and dislike traditional foundations that are thicker and creamy, you'll love this.

I absolutely love this new generation of foundations that are thin and second skin like, and I can't wait to try more!! Yes, I'd repurchase, but I will probably try different ones first because I actually do prefer a more dewy finish. Also, there are just too many new foundations coming out with this thin consistency that I adore, and the makeup junkie in me just has to try them out!

EDIT 4/4/2012- I ended up returning this a couple weeks ago. It actually did end up highlighting some of the dry spots on my face, & drying my skin out pretty badly. It also just still couldn't compare to my HG MAC Face & Body. However, for some odd reason, apparently only the U.S. Version has denatured alcohol in it, which I've discovered after some research. So possibly the European version wouldn't dry my (or your) skin out. It's still a very lovely foundation. The thing with me is if I spend alot of money on something, I want to absolutely adore it. If I don't, I always return it for something I love. ( I exchanged it for a MAC 130 brush at Nordstrom if anyone cares & it's fantastic!)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No