Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 8/20/2012 3:09:00 PM

For reference I am NW20 in mac and got the color RB20 which has pink undertones. It was a perfect match for me. The application of this foundation is very fool proof, it is watery and best applied with fingers. The finish was very natural but up close I can see a light powder like film. It has a nice finish at first but after 2 hrs it starts to oxidize and the color changes and becomes orange and greasy. My skin is pretty normal with very mild oiliness on the T zone but no acne. My skin seems to be sensitive to the ingredients because I also started developing a mild rash and tiny bumps that I only get when I wear Mac foundations. I had to return it, not worth the price and the finish did not impress me either.

on 8/20/2012 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

What a disappointment! After reading so many positive reviews, thought I would give this a try. The sales person was very pleasant & helful - got a sample in the lightest ivory color, as well as a matching loose powder. The colors of both - were not at all a good match for my skin tone, which is fairly pale, with cool undertones. Both the powder & foundation were yellowish, and not flattering at all. Glad I didn't shell out for either one of them.

on 8/19/2012 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation. B40 is my normal color, but when I tan up I use B50. The color match is perfect! I love this foundation because it offers a natural coverage that is buildable. I constantly get complimented on how healthy and beautiful my skin looks. Little do they know, I'm actually wearing foundation!

It lasts all day which is highly important to me. I work an average +10 hrs a day, then head to the gym. By the time I get home to remove my makeup, I still see foundation on my cleansing towelette (no joke).

I also have sensitive skin, which makes it difficult to find a foundation. This does not break me out at all!

on 8/17/2012 6:50:00 AM

I thought this would go well with my skintype and I did a lot of research before I bought it. The problem is that it makes my skin look a lot worse than it does without any makeup. It makes my dry patches and breakouts stand out even more. I apply it with my Sigma F80 brush, and it does look somewhat better. But if you have dry skin I would not recommend it and I've tried most application-techniques but none of them gives the result I wanted. I use it every now and then and it's fine, but not worth the money I paid. Which is sad because I really wanted to love this foundation.

on 8/16/2012 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

LOVE this foundation. For starters, it's a really nice texture and it blends easily. The finish is very natural, not matte but not really glowy either. It does have a scent but it's nothing really strong or annoying. To me it smells like sun tan lotion and I can only smell it when I'm applying it, once it's on my skin I dont notice the smell anymore. I also like how it can be used on lots of skin types. I have oily combo skin and all I have to do is powder it to make it last and it looks great! It also suites dryer skin types and looks beautiful on them. The lasting power for ME is about 6-8 hours but I don't wear my makeup all day long so that's perfect for me. If you want it to last longer than that I would suggest a primer or a powder and you'd probably have to touch up a bit throughout the day. It gives me enough coverage to cover my pesky dark circles and evens out my skin tone but it's not for people who want FULL coverage and need to cover bad scaring or acne. It's very light but it doesn't look like I'm wearing nothing which I like. I also live in Florida where it's very hot and I don't have an issue with it slipping off my face.I like how it's oil free as well. Apparently it has lotus flower water in it which I think is what gives it the nice smell. You had to shake it up before you use it or else it comes out watery and it separates. As for the packaging, the squeeze top gets messy. I wish it came in a pump bottle like the rest of Chanel's foundations. However I do like that it's plastic and not frosted glass like the others. You can put it in your bag or travel with it without worrying about it breaking. It's very expensive, 45 dollars is what I paid for mine. If it were cheaper I wouldnt feel the need to look around for cheaper options. I will continue to use this until I find something better. I do like this foundation though.

on 8/16/2012 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this a few days ago and I LOVE it it looks just like skin but better and feels really light. This would be my HG foundation if 3 hrs into wearing it I hadn't developed a few cystic pimples. UGH such a disappointment
since I don't think I will ever find a foundation that compares to this one!

on 8/14/2012 11:09:00 PM

Thus far has been my absolute favorite foundation - though I'm experimenting with a few others before I buy my next bottle. It's great for light to medium coverage and goes on light and silky smooth. Extremely light, I never feel as though I'm wearing anything. Has a very subtle scent, (similar to Chanel moisturizers which I love). My only complaint is that you REALLY have to shake it up before every use because the foundation can separate from the water a little if you don't.

on 8/12/2012 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This lotion/foundation has changed my makeup routine. I absolutely love it! It looks and feels like skin. I'd definitely recommend it and purchase again despite the $46 price tag. Plus it has SPF which is only a bonus! Just take off the lid place your finger on the dispenser and shake this way it doesn't spill all over the lid. Loving this!

on 8/10/2012 8:35:00 PM

I've decided to get this after having heard crazily good reviews about this product. But this foundation breaks me out. Surprisingly, it is also drying for my combination skin -- perhaps due to the wintry weather here -- on my nose and under my eyes. It creases after a good eight hours or so even with my skindinavia makeup finishing spray. Most of my face that doesn't dry up after my application of this foundation does look somewhere in between matte and dewy. However, I have gotten small pimples on my chin and on the sides of my nose. This product also has the signature scent of chanel, but I'm not too much of a fan. I possess a number of foundations and BB creams and I have only started sourcing for a new one because my skin has been drying out too much since the start of this winter. I must say this foundation has been disappointing on a whole, and I won't repurchase! It's also terribly expensive here in Australia.

EDIT ON 9TH MAY 2013: I've decided to change my rating to a 5 after having experienced a dramatic change to my skin. I've had serious cystic breakouts which were hormonal and likely to have little to nothing to do with this foundation. However, after having seen the dermatologists and spent many hours fixing my skincare routine and pre-makeup routine, I've finally found the ideal way to make this foundation work. I've realised that prepping the face before using this foundation is so important and it makes such a great difference to the lasting power and look of this foundation throughout the day. FIrst, I use the three-step skincare from Sulwhasoo -- first care serum, toner/essence, moisturiser. Then, I take a pea-sized amount of Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer For Normal and Combination Skin and mix it with the same amount of this foundation -- and the coverage is extremely good, natural, and lasts all day! (in fact, it even gets better towards the end of the day). The coverage is also very buildable so I can always add a little on top of healing scars to conceal them. This has become my ultimate holy grail!

on 8/8/2012 2:26:00 PM

I ADORE this foundation. It has a finish like no other- it FEELS like sheer, matte satin, but looks glowy. I have combination skin with congestion and breakouts in my T-zone (mostly around my nose and chin) and it magically covers imperfections, but still looks and wears light and natural. I was matched in BR10 in the dead of winter, and throughout most of the year, it is the best match I have ever had in a foundation. Right now, I am tan, so its too light, but if I really want to wear it, I just swirl some bronzer on top. I love that it comes in a squeeze bottle that sits upright... hygienic and it doesn't spill out when not in use. It is definitely long wearing on me and keeps my skin feeling matte throughout the day. I also don't think it oxidizes much at all. You wouldn't have to powder it, but I go over it lightly with MUFE HD powder, lightly or Smashbox Halo to up the coverage.
Now to the cons...you don't get much product for your $50. It is truly a tiny bottle of foundation and I have gone through it faster than any other foundation I have owned- typically it takes me a year or two to finish a bottle, but I've gone through this in about 6 months. Granted, I pretty much never wear the same foundation two days in a row...I have a couple that I rotate through. I also don't think it photographs well and it won't cover texture issues or really bad breakouts.
I still really love this and will repurchase when I run out (hopefully by then Chanel will offer a bigger bottle for my $50).