August 30, 2014 | 966 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by charlottewebster

I wanted to give this foundation a decent trial before reviewing it, I've been using it atleast 5 times per week for over a month now and I believe I have FINALLY found my HG foundation!!! I have severe combination skin (flakey and dry patches - dermatitis and acne prone, with a very oily T-zone) so I struggle to find a foundation that looks ok on my skin straight after application, let alone after a full day of work or a night out. I don't know how but this stuff is just perfect. The coverage is fantastic - I use a little concealer under my eyes and on any dark spots (which are becoming fewer and further between as I've finally figured out a great skincare routine thanks to Makeupalley!) and then my skin actually looks flawless. In the past my foundation usually fades around my nose and on the centre of my chin first, revealing my red patches, but after 8 hours of work, there is NO patchiness, minimal oil, no separating or caking.

Bottom line- Excellent coverage, long lasting, mattifying yet moisturising. Doesn't break me out. Drastically minimizes the appearance of fine lines and pores.

Everything I could ask for in a foundation and this is less than a third of the price of MAC and other high end brands, and half the price of L'Oreal.

My only complaint- as with most people, is the lack of colour selection. I am an NC20 and wear Shade 100. When I am wearing fake tan I switch to shade 202.

For me, this beats every other foundation I've tried hands down (MAC Studio Fix & Studio Sculpt, Chanel Vita Lumiere & Teint Inocent, Revlon Colorstay, Maybelline Superstay, Almay TLC, Max Factor Miracle Touch, Innoxa, Clinique, and so many more!)

I love this foundation!! I am going to stick with it!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by skitles78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay so I really liked this product, full coverage and really did last- 2 things I'm looking for in a foundation, but sadly with all that greatness came a bad side effect for me. My face is clear w minor acne scars from the past. But after using this foundation I noticed I started getting a few breakouts. I even got one big pimple on my nose. I knew the more I used the foundation the more I brokeout. So after I stopped using this my acne cleared back up and my clear skin was back. Sooo if your not prone to breakouts this is a great foundation! But if you are prone to acne I would steer clear of this foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by xryuusei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this foundation--it provides a medium to full coverage which beats my high end foundation like MAC, and NARS. I bought it on clearance at Shoppers for $1.99 and I wish I bought more just because it's become my HG foundation. It literally stays on for 12 hours (I'm a student, so I have classes from 8-2pm, meetings and gym session, so by the time I come home it's usually at 9-10pm).

Great price since it's often on sale at Shoppers here. The shade is definitely misleading. I picked up a 202 Nude because it looked closest in shade to the revlon colorstay in sand beige on the display (Which used to be my HG). The shades tend to run darker than the name, so be careful! Just for reference, I'm an NC25-NC30

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm going to spoil all the good reviews! Sorry but there is nothing lasting about Lasting Finish Foundation by Rimmel. Plus the warm ivory in 102 is too dark for my ivory skin. So the combination of the two equals a bad match for me.

While this is a thicker consistency, it does not cover as well as other similar drugstore formulas such as Revlon's Colorstay or even CG's clean makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by emily94

Love it! I have acne prone skin and I usually have to wear some kind of concealer along with foundation. I love this because it has the perfect amount of coverage so I don't usually need concealer but it also doesn't look like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. After using it my skin broke out for a couple days but cleared up (This usually happens any time I switch foundations). The one down side is after a few hours wearing it my face gets shiny. So I got Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder. If I brush a little of that on with the foundation my makeup looks perfect all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

quick summary of my skin: im Asian and i have mild acne on my forehead, but my face is generally not that oily. this broke me out. one day, i was going out with my friends, and i wore this (it was the first time too) and after i got home and washed my face, i noticed it broke me out! i don't really love the finish, it's a bit matt on me, but it does have pretty good coverage. i got this at my drug store for about 11 bucks, so i guess its not that bad, but i don't reccommend it to anyone with acne.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by misanders

There are some good and bad things about this foundation. I had problems using my fingers, it just felt sticky and I hated it. Waited a few months and tried again. Used a buffing brush (real techniques) with a small amount of foundation and this worked great. It does last a long time and looks great. The thing I hate is that I can feel it on my skin. Right now in winter with dry skin it's not to bad. There's no way I could wear this in the summer. Probably won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by LadyCleopatra

This is the best foundaiton I have ever tried! I actually am surprised that more people on youtube don't use this and rave about this product. I tried it because Emilynoel83 on youtube recommended it and I LOVE it, it is definitely HG foundation! I have combination-oily skin and it is so hard for me to find a product that doesn't look greasy and oxidize, but this stuff doesn't look greasy at all or oxidize. I also have acne scars and redness issues that this foundaiton covers flawlessly. It looks so natural and not cakey at all. Also I don't know if it really stays on for 25 hours but it does stay on for a REALLY long time, sometime I wear my makeup for 12 hours and it stays on all day. My color is 103 true ivory. It also blends SO easily. I had trouble with Revlon Colorstay becuase it dries so dang fast and I could never blend it before it dried, People say if you use a wet sponge or spray the brush with water it keeps from the colorstay from drying so fast but I simply can't be bothered to jump through hoops in the morning just to get my foundation to work with me---- but this foundation is not like that at all. I have applied it with my fingers, a stippling brush, and a foundation paddle brush- all of these methods work well. Also the packaging is great because it is a clear squeeze tube type of packaging which is great because you can see the color you are buying AND i don't have to worry about dropping it and breaking the glass, plus i don't have a pump issue. some people say that their rimmel foundaiton leaks, but mine doesn't do that. Another HUGE plus for me is the fact that it DOES NOT have SPF in the foundation. I absolutely hate when foundations have SPF in them. My skin is so sensitive and SPF aggravates my acne and it is greasy. If I want SPF on my face I will put it on myself-- I don't want it mixed in with all my other makeup products! Also this stuff is SO cheap I think $6 or $8 at k-mart, which is awesome! I will definitely repurchase again!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by neveralways142

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying that everyone's skin is totally different, so obviously different products work for different people. That being said, this is my HG foundation, at least for now :) I'm a drugstore makeup junkie, and I have to try just about everything I can afford before making decisions about what products I like best. For me, this is the best foundation I have ever used. I prefer liquid foundations because they seem to look the best on my skin, powders always look to cakey and dont provide enough coverage, and creams or cream to powders always settle, separate, or oxidize horribly on my face. Since I have fairly oily skin with breakouts and some pretty bad acne scars, plus a very uneven skin tone and hereditary dark circles around my eyes, I look for foundations that cover and conceal well without feeling like thick paste, keep my skin from looking shiny throughout the day, and blend well without looking uneven and splotchy. This foundation gives me pretty much all of that! Great coverage, natural/matte finish for me, blendable, and not very pricey at all! Amazing for a cheap drugstore foundation. Even though I apply most liquid foundations with my fingers, I like to apply this with a triangular sponge (not a wedge) and then I let it dry a couple of minutes and dust a translucent setting powder on top. With this foundation, I don't have to use a ton of my dream matte powder, and I love how I don't have to powder my face every couple of hours while wearing this like i do with most liquids, it has great staying power. My only problem with this is the packaging. Maybe I just have a bad bottle, but the cap likes to leak a bit, not a ton, but i have to be careful and wipe it off a lot. Also, as a warning for those with extremely fair skin: this probably won't work for you. I have pretty light skin, and the very lightest shade is fine for me most of the time, but anyone with super fair skin will need a better color selection. But out of every drugstore foundation I've tried, this is definitely my miracle foundation!

UPDATE: I can't wear this foundation during the winter because I get so pale and there's no shade light enough to match, and I've noticed over time that it never seems to fully set and dry on my face and can feel a little sticky or tacky before I apply powder. This is still a good liquid foundation, and I have several extra tubes, but it's no longer my favorite and I don't reach for it as often anymore.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I saw a few people on youtube rave about it so I thought I'd try it. I mix it w/ Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer to put on with my beauty blender. I'm NC20 & the lightest shade in Ivory is the perfect match for me. It leaves a matte finish & makes my skin look perfect. It lasts ALL day too. I'm very impressed with this product. I want to try the powder too but they were sold out. If you are paler than NC20 I'm sorry they don't have the shade for you. :(