October 22, 2014 | 1419 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me just tell you to start off that I am not so picky about foundation. I have normal and clear skin, my facial "problem" is my undereyes, not my complexion.

I heard good things, picked it up because for foundation it is dirt cheap!

I am not a regular foundation user, I just needed it for my yearbook photos.

I was happy to find that shade 100 matched my skin perfectly. Any foundation feels heavy to me because I never use it but this wasn't too thick or cakey. The formula was nice, not too liquidy for a liquid. It gave me a nice smooth and even flawless finish.

I don't know how this would work on everybody's individual skin needs. But if you want a nice polished look without being too cakey or thick I recommend this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by lindyhopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first I didn't like it because it didn't seem to last very well, but as with most products I don't like at first, I figured out the best way to apply it for me and now I love it! It stays looking decent all day. I get a *little* shiny after several hours, but I don't look like a greaseball or anything. It doesn't look thick or cakey, but has pretty good coverage, and I have horrible acne and scarring. It's amazing to find something with decent coverage that doesn't look like a mask.

It also doesn't turn orangey or blotchy on me, which is cool. It also seems to smooth out some of my texture problems when I have it on (although that could also be my primer), like large pores.

I like it. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by 3Mookie3

I typically don't wear foundation, as my skin is very prone to break outs. This was no exception. I picked this up at my local Rite Aid, having never tried Rimmel, thinking that it would be a light weight foundation that I could use daily. I got home, applied it, and it was great. It blended well and evenly, and gave me just the coverage that I was looking for. Sadly, about five hours later, the left side of my jawline erupted into cystic pimples. :-( I took it back the next day. I've never had quite a reaction to foundation like that, usually I'll get small pimples in a few days, or clogged pores, so I'm thinking that maybe I was allergic to one of its ingredients. Oh well, the search for a perfect foundation/tinted moisturizer continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by jlcana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A long lasting foundation that doesn't dry out my skin! Great finish, nice color selection and cheap! Perfect summer foundation...put some on and forget about it. Only wish it had SPF in it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by amw05003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a new foundation that looked matte and lasted at least 8 hours without looking shiny. My forehead and nose tend to start getting shiny after a 3 or 4 hours with most foundations. I like this foundation because it does last, my nose may get a tiny bit shiny, but for the most part still looks good after work and is not cakey like other long lasting foundations I've tried such as colorstay. It gives me medium coverage. My husband commented that my face looked really smooth..but the best part about this makeup is that it has NO spf. I have been looking for one without spf for awhile and was unable to find one until now. I definitely would recommend this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have absolutely no complaints about this foundation. It is HG for me. Perfect color, flawless finish that doesn't settle into lines or pores, and best of all: cheap! I just recently began using liquid foundation again and I picked this up at Walgreen's about 3 weeks ago. This foundation can offer full coverage, but I use a sponge to make it a little sheer, and the coverage is still very good.

I bought the True Ivory-103, which seems pretty neutral, but leans slightly warmer. Even though I'm very cool, I like warmer foundations because they neutralize my pinkiness. However, sometimes foundations that are too warm, look off. This color is perfect for me; tones down the pink, yet blends in well.

I don't find it waxy or sticky; I think the sponge application helps with that. I also don't know if it's as long lasting as it claims. It lasts at least 12-14 hours on me, which is all I need.

I have received compliments on my skin when I use this. Today I'm not wearing it and I can tell a huge difference in how my skin looks. This is a definite repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by bellalizamarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a good foundation. For the price, this works really well. I have the one for dry skin and it doesn't highlight any dry patches I may have. I find the best way to apply is with my fingers or a beauty blender. When I want a lighter coverage I mix it with moisturizer and it lasts quite a long while. I get about 13 hrs wear with this, I haven't tested the 25 hrs claim, but for normal to dry skin types it more than likely would still look decent. I find there is no need to set the foundation, but maybe that would be necessary in the summer. Great for the price, but still covers and lasts.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by mjc410

I really like this foundation. It does a really good job at covering up minor blemishes. The only thing I don't like is that I put it on at about 6am and it barely lasts til night time.Also I only rated it a four because it is really hard to get product out of it when it is almost gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by caseyoshea07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this foundation. I use it with their primer under it and it lasts all day! It also makes my skin look really even and nice and for those who worry about oxidization through out the day, you don't have to worry! It didn't budge at all from the time when I put it on until the moment I went to bed! Great product! I definetely will be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by charlottewebster

I wanted to give this foundation a decent trial before reviewing it, I've been using it atleast 5 times per week for over a month now and I believe I have FINALLY found my HG foundation!!! I have severe combination skin (flakey and dry patches - dermatitis and acne prone, with a very oily T-zone) so I struggle to find a foundation that looks ok on my skin straight after application, let alone after a full day of work or a night out. I don't know how but this stuff is just perfect. The coverage is fantastic - I use a little concealer under my eyes and on any dark spots (which are becoming fewer and further between as I've finally figured out a great skincare routine thanks to Makeupalley!) and then my skin actually looks flawless. In the past my foundation usually fades around my nose and on the centre of my chin first, revealing my red patches, but after 8 hours of work, there is NO patchiness, minimal oil, no separating or caking.

Bottom line- Excellent coverage, long lasting, mattifying yet moisturising. Doesn't break me out. Drastically minimizes the appearance of fine lines and pores.

Everything I could ask for in a foundation and this is less than a third of the price of MAC and other high end brands, and half the price of L'Oreal.

My only complaint- as with most people, is the lack of colour selection. I am an NC20 and wear Shade 100. When I am wearing fake tan I switch to shade 202.

For me, this beats every other foundation I've tried hands down (MAC Studio Fix & Studio Sculpt, Chanel Vita Lumiere & Teint Inocent, Revlon Colorstay, Maybelline Superstay, Almay TLC, Max Factor Miracle Touch, Innoxa, Clinique, and so many more!)

I love this foundation!! I am going to stick with it!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No