October 1, 2014 | 1177 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by jlcana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A long lasting foundation that doesn't dry out my skin! Great finish, nice color selection and cheap! Perfect summer foundation...put some on and forget about it. Only wish it had SPF in it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by amw05003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a new foundation that looked matte and lasted at least 8 hours without looking shiny. My forehead and nose tend to start getting shiny after a 3 or 4 hours with most foundations. I like this foundation because it does last, my nose may get a tiny bit shiny, but for the most part still looks good after work and is not cakey like other long lasting foundations I've tried such as colorstay. It gives me medium coverage. My husband commented that my face looked really smooth..but the best part about this makeup is that it has NO spf. I have been looking for one without spf for awhile and was unable to find one until now. I definitely would recommend this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have absolutely no complaints about this foundation. It is HG for me. Perfect color, flawless finish that doesn't settle into lines or pores, and best of all: cheap! I just recently began using liquid foundation again and I picked this up at Walgreen's about 3 weeks ago. This foundation can offer full coverage, but I use a sponge to make it a little sheer, and the coverage is still very good.

I bought the True Ivory-103, which seems pretty neutral, but leans slightly warmer. Even though I'm very cool, I like warmer foundations because they neutralize my pinkiness. However, sometimes foundations that are too warm, look off. This color is perfect for me; tones down the pink, yet blends in well.

I don't find it waxy or sticky; I think the sponge application helps with that. I also don't know if it's as long lasting as it claims. It lasts at least 12-14 hours on me, which is all I need.

I have received compliments on my skin when I use this. Today I'm not wearing it and I can tell a huge difference in how my skin looks. This is a definite repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by bellalizamarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a good foundation. For the price, this works really well. I have the one for dry skin and it doesn't highlight any dry patches I may have. I find the best way to apply is with my fingers or a beauty blender. When I want a lighter coverage I mix it with moisturizer and it lasts quite a long while. I get about 13 hrs wear with this, I haven't tested the 25 hrs claim, but for normal to dry skin types it more than likely would still look decent. I find there is no need to set the foundation, but maybe that would be necessary in the summer. Great for the price, but still covers and lasts.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by mjc410

I really like this foundation. It does a really good job at covering up minor blemishes. The only thing I don't like is that I put it on at about 6am and it barely lasts til night time.Also I only rated it a four because it is really hard to get product out of it when it is almost gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by caseyoshea07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this foundation. I use it with their primer under it and it lasts all day! It also makes my skin look really even and nice and for those who worry about oxidization through out the day, you don't have to worry! It didn't budge at all from the time when I put it on until the moment I went to bed! Great product! I definetely will be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by charlottewebster

I wanted to give this foundation a decent trial before reviewing it, I've been using it atleast 5 times per week for over a month now and I believe I have FINALLY found my HG foundation!!! I have severe combination skin (flakey and dry patches - dermatitis and acne prone, with a very oily T-zone) so I struggle to find a foundation that looks ok on my skin straight after application, let alone after a full day of work or a night out. I don't know how but this stuff is just perfect. The coverage is fantastic - I use a little concealer under my eyes and on any dark spots (which are becoming fewer and further between as I've finally figured out a great skincare routine thanks to Makeupalley!) and then my skin actually looks flawless. In the past my foundation usually fades around my nose and on the centre of my chin first, revealing my red patches, but after 8 hours of work, there is NO patchiness, minimal oil, no separating or caking.

Bottom line- Excellent coverage, long lasting, mattifying yet moisturising. Doesn't break me out. Drastically minimizes the appearance of fine lines and pores.

Everything I could ask for in a foundation and this is less than a third of the price of MAC and other high end brands, and half the price of L'Oreal.

My only complaint- as with most people, is the lack of colour selection. I am an NC20 and wear Shade 100. When I am wearing fake tan I switch to shade 202.

For me, this beats every other foundation I've tried hands down (MAC Studio Fix & Studio Sculpt, Chanel Vita Lumiere & Teint Inocent, Revlon Colorstay, Maybelline Superstay, Almay TLC, Max Factor Miracle Touch, Innoxa, Clinique, and so many more!)

I love this foundation!! I am going to stick with it!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by skitles78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay so I really liked this product, full coverage and really did last- 2 things I'm looking for in a foundation, but sadly with all that greatness came a bad side effect for me. My face is clear w minor acne scars from the past. But after using this foundation I noticed I started getting a few breakouts. I even got one big pimple on my nose. I knew the more I used the foundation the more I brokeout. So after I stopped using this my acne cleared back up and my clear skin was back. Sooo if your not prone to breakouts this is a great foundation! But if you are prone to acne I would steer clear of this foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by xryuusei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this foundation--it provides a medium to full coverage which beats my high end foundation like MAC, and NARS. I bought it on clearance at Shoppers for $1.99 and I wish I bought more just because it's become my HG foundation. It literally stays on for 12 hours (I'm a student, so I have classes from 8-2pm, meetings and gym session, so by the time I come home it's usually at 9-10pm).

Great price since it's often on sale at Shoppers here. The shade is definitely misleading. I picked up a 202 Nude because it looked closest in shade to the revlon colorstay in sand beige on the display (Which used to be my HG). The shades tend to run darker than the name, so be careful! Just for reference, I'm an NC25-NC30

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm going to spoil all the good reviews! Sorry but there is nothing lasting about Lasting Finish Foundation by Rimmel. Plus the warm ivory in 102 is too dark for my ivory skin. So the combination of the two equals a bad match for me.

While this is a thicker consistency, it does not cover as well as other similar drugstore formulas such as Revlon's Colorstay or even CG's clean makeup.