October 1, 2014 | 1994 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by wakabear

I started using this product because I had a dollar off coupon. I know I needed to take better care of my skin and a light moisturizer is easier to apply and remember in my opinion. I use twice a day and my face is so soft! Also I have a few blackheads on my nose that refuse to budge and this moisturizer actually helps reduce the appearance. Overall great product and great price

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin, I've been using Philosophy hope in a jar on and off for years which worked great but it's really expensive. I also like Aveno positively radiant lotion but it's $15 a bottle. I decided to buy this after I got a sample in a magazine. First off, this lotion is under $7, it's affordable. It smells amazing, really fresh cucumber scent. The consistancy is a gel and it dries down quickly, it didn't leave a sticky residue behind like other gel lotions I've tried in the past. I used it right after I washed my face and it kept the moisture in. I didn't have any dry flakies like I sometimes get. What I like best about this lotion is that it made my skin very smooth, eliminating the need for a primer. I've been using Smashbox photo finish primer and that stuff is $38 a bottle. This inexpensive lotion has saved me a lot of money. This is my new holy grail lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by kristikitten29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this last week and am definitely liking it a lot. The "gel cream" texture is what drew me in and I figured for $7 (which is awesome!!) it wouldn't be a huge deal if I hated it. The texture is also what I love the most about it. It is light and refreshing, does not feel greasy or sticky and gives my face the right amount of moisture. This also smells good. It seems to be marketed for very dry skin, but I don't know how well it would really work for that as it seems very dry skin would prefer a straight up heavy cream. My skin is pretty normal, not too dry or too oily. I also do not tend to need a heavier moisturizer even in winter as that can make me feel greasy. I am also breakout prone and do not have any problems with this yet. It is labeled non-comedogenic and oil free. I wasn't sure about the jar packaging at first, but really I think it is fine. Any moisturizer you use is going to be put on with your hands anyway so like someone said just wash up before dipping into it. I was using Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizer before and I truly prefer this. It reminds me a bit of Clinique's gel version of DD, but about 3 times less in price. This is my first Garnier purchase and I hope they continue making this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by KerryAnne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I have very dry cheeks and a massively breakout prone t-zone. In fact, I have a horrible breakout right now and still haven't found my miracle for that. I can use this on my t-zone to keep the flakiness at bay and I use it over another moisturizer at night for as a replacement for the costly Clinique Moisture Surge. I love the texture, smell, and the packaging. This product has not caused any breakouts and is terrific as a makeup base! I'm going to get the cleanser, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by ouija

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those products that I love more for the 'experience' of it, rather than the actual results. It's a perfectly fine moisturizer...I use it at night...and my skin feels hydrated and healthy when I wake up in the morning. It's not something I would reach for in the dead of winter when my skin is flaky and parched, but it's fine when my skin is behaving itself. What I LOVE about it is the texture...it's a jiggly green gel...more like a hair product than a face product. It smooths on beautifully, and a little goes a long way. It has a matte finish, so it's probably great for daytime. And it *is* refreshing...very cool and energizing. Yes, there are better moisturizers out there but they're not nearly as pleasurable to use as this one. And none of them jiggle as well!

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by psychdr

I was looking for a moisturizer for my oil/acne prone skin and figured that this would be a good bet. I loved the idea of a gel-cream and I took the lid off, and I really liked the smell (like something you'd find in a spa but not overpowering). However, this did not moisturize well on me at all. While it didn't break me out, it left my skin feeling parched with flaky, dry spots. Very disappointed, but from all the other positive reviews, perhaps it just didn't work well on my skin type? Also, I wasn't thrilled that it can in a jar rather than a pump - too easy to spread bacteria.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Diva99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good moisturizer that distributes an even amount of moisture on my combination skin and does not leave the areas outside of my t-zone feeling too dry. It is also an excellent base for makeup. However, the product runs out too quickly (1.5-2 months) so for this reason I won't be repurchasing on a regular basis as there are other products that offer better moisture and more value for the amount of product you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by mandapanda1214

I love this product! It doesn't feel sticky on your skin. It absorbs well so you can apply your makeup quickly after(also makes skin really smooth so your makeup has a good base). I really like applying this moisturizer after I use a mask. I always add a bit extra under my eyes to as a sort of eye cream. Definitely worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by tomboi94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this with intentions to use it as a night cream....turns out it deffinately isn't moisturizing enought to wear at night if you like to wake up to a nice, dewy face like I do.

However, this makes a great daily moisturizer for those with oily skin (such as myself). It doesn't control oil for me at all, but it creates a nice smooth canvas for my makeup without the expense of a primer needed. I do recommend this; however be sure to do a test spot first because it has a very strong scent that could break one out. I have fairly sensitive skin and it hasn't broken me out so far though :)
good luck!
Oh, ps...the packaging is very nice! It seems very expensive looking for a drugstore product. Some might complain it isn't sanitary though because it is in a tub form. . . just use clean hands to dip into it! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by BEjunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this. Snagged it at CVS for $5! Feels very, very similar to Clinique's Moisture Surge gel, which also comes in a jar and retails for like 30-something bucks. The only thing I'm not keen on is putting a uber-scented lotion on my sensitive skin, but so far so good -- no breakouts!