July 22, 2014 | 2060 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 5:07:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been eyeing this for the longest time ever since I saw a few Youtube gurus use them as concealer in their tutorials. Out of curiosity, I picked one up at my local drugstore. At first, I was really hesitant on using this since I doubt it'll be the perfect match to lightly conceal my dark circles, but it turned out to be perfect! I love that it both reduces dark circles at the same time conceals them. I feel that the roll-on really help distribute the product all over my under eyes. I pat the product and then set it with powder and I'm all set. I don't think that this has light reflecting particles but I does make my eyes brighter and more awake so I'm not really complaining. And for the price, I think this can replace my more high end under eye concealers. Highly recommend this to all the night owls out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Isabel11

i bought this because i couldnt find another product but i was pleasantly surprised by this product. It is very light so it doesnt settle into fine line and makes me look awake. also it has a cooling effect that is nice. i really like it :)

update: i still really like this product but now that i havent been getting enough sleep, my dark circles have been getting worse and this concealer isnt holding up as good. also you do have to touch up because it fades throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by kaylymachado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this, I've had really bad heriditary dark circles since birth and this is the only thing that has ever helped.

I use this immediately after my moisturizer dries and pat it into my dark circles, I then wait a few minutes for that to set (read: I brush my teeth) and then I continue with my makeup routine including concealer, and my dark circles are completely gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by lizie1078

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent product!!!Great results, I have very dark circles but this concealer provides lighting ,my skin is oily but the product not going anywhere.It doesnt work like a concealer but helps before or after a concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I'm so glad that I found this concealer!

I don't have an bags underneath my eyes but by the end of the day I do get a bit of darkness. After using heavy concealers that just caked and looked disgusting underneath my eyes, I decided to try this when I saw that it was on sale at my local Superstore.
I'm very pale and was between two different shades - Sheer Tint and Light. But because I wanted this for its concealer properties rather than it's de-puffing properties, I went with Light. I'm pleasantly surprised that it matches my skintone very well - it's actually a little light but that brings immediate brightness to my under-eye area. There were a few other shades available - those two and then Medium and Dark. So I imagine if you look around you'll be able to find one for every skintone. My local Wal-mart only had Medium so shop around if you can't find your shade!

I also love the cooling feeling that the roller ball has on my skin, it's very soothing and I love using it in the morning. I also keep it in my purse (it's small which is great) for when I notice the circles are getting darkened throughout the day.
I can't rave enough about this thing! I haven't even had it for long and I can see it becoming at HG of mine. I hate using concealer because for me, something so heavy is so unnecessary. That's why I love this - it's light, blends SO easily and don't get cakey.
GO BUY IT! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am kind of on the fence about this stuff. On the one hand I love it for those days when I don't want to wear makeup. I put a generous amount of this under my eyes and that's all. It makes me look like I actually have a decent, even-toned complexion. On the other hand it's not a great concealer. I used this in combination with my regular Laura Geller concealer, because I have very dark circles. This is pretty good for you lucky girls who just have minimal circles, but it doesn't do squat for the girls like me who have always had those dark, purple-ish circles. Which is why I have reserved it for those days when I go au naturale. It definitely makes my circles barely noticeable, but like I said, it doesn't fully cover when I'm putting my "face" on. Still I would buy it again and I've almost used my little roll on stick up, I put it upside down in my little coozie I use for tweezers, travel-size lotions, odds and ends, etc. Anyway I put it upside down because I feel the product then sinks to the cap, cause I like to pack it on (again, those dark circles, the bain of my existence other than my acne). So, to sum it up, a well-rounded product, does what it claims to do, but not really a heavy-coverage concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Really great at covering dark circles. The consistency is really nice, quite thin and liquidy but it is easy to blend and it does cover really well plus it dries quickly. I love the cooling feeling too, it feels really good. I wish there was a better color selection, there are only two options available where I live (light to medium and medium to dark) and because I am a NW15 the lightest color is still too dark for me so I have to blend it really well. I like the steel roller-ball and overall i think the packaging is pretty great. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by lalacoco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Current favorite. Covers up dark circles great. Love how quick and convenient it is to apply this concealer, just roll and lightly tap. The only problem is it only comes in one color and does not have a shade for darker skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far, I do like this concealer a lot. I've been looking for a light to medium coverage concealer that won't irritate my sensitive eyes and this fits the bill. On a daily basis I prefer a natural makeup look and so I don't want to use a heavy duty concealer, which looks odd with light makeup imo. I agree with the reviews below that this doesn't completely conceal my hereditary dark circles, but it's enough coverage for that no makeup look. The color is also a tad more yellow than my skintone, although it helps counteract the blue circles (I do think there should be at least couple more shades for people with darker and lighter skintones). Unfortunately, I do find this concealer emphasizes my fine lines, though not a great deal, but enough that it's worth mentioning. For this reason, I find that it works best over a hydrating eye cream. This concealer has great staying power for as light as it is, though. I've been wearing it in the extreme heat and it's stayed put all day, no creasing or melting. It does seem to turn into a powder after you apply it, which I think helps with the staying power but not with hydrating the eye area. All in all, I would purchase this again, and would give it five stars if it was a bit more hydrating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by lebon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this concealer based on the reviews here, and once again, you ladies did not steer me wrong! This is simply amazing - I've read descriptions of products (be they concealers or foundations) that supposedly "disappear" into skin, but to be honest, I always thought that was just hyperbole; I didn't believe such a thing was possible. This concealer, though, does exactly that: Glides on easily and dissipates into the skin, seemingly taking dark circles with it.

I'm 37 with hereditary dark circles and more wrinkles around the outer corners of my eyes than I care to admit, so my search for a good concealer that covers the circles without settling into the lines has been never-ending. It's the usual catch-22: I'll find a concealer with adequate coverage, but it'll only exacerbate the wrinkles.

This Garnier product, though, has been the exception. I'd say the coverage is medium - it doesn't erase the dark circles completely (mine, anyway), but it certainly lessens them. It also seems to have a very subtle highlighting effect as well - just a barely discernible sheen, which also serves to counteract the circles. A terrific product!

UPDATE: I've been using this exclusively for five months, and I'm still every bit as pleased as I was the first time I tried it! It's wonderful not to have to worry about using a daytime moisturizer (always a hassle, whether it's waiting for it to set before putting on concealer or dealing with it balling up when you try to blend). While I don't think it has done anything by way of correcting my flaws (wrinkles and dark circles), it does such an excellent job of concealing them that I really couldn't ask for more.

But one of the most amazing things about about this product is the fact that I STILL have not run out of my first wand! I bought a replacement about three months ago (I love it so much I was afraid of running out - not a fan, though, of the packaging, as you can't tell how much is left), and it's still sitting in the cabinet under my vanity.

This is simply a stellar product (and an incredible value!).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No