April 18, 2014 | 1817 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating- five lippies. Hands down the BEST undereye concealer/brightener on the market that checks both the quality and price marks.

Price: NOT dirt cheap, around 14 € or so...at least in Sweden, where I purchased mine from.

Packaging quality: very good, five lippies. Only disadvantage being you can't really see how much you've got left and you can't scrape the tube to the last drop...however, the roll-on system is really handy and easy to carry around/makeup bag with less fuss than a normal concealer.

I'd absolutely buy it because....

I don't have abnormal/really prominent dark circles and they usually fade away with a bit of foundation/concealer on top, for extra safety. I really like having the perfect canvas in the 'triangle' undereyes-nostril-upper eye corner, so this has always been a true adventure- managing to conceal/cover and brighten at the same time while keeping a fresh or at least youthful appearance- the undereye skin can make you look up to ten years older if treated wrongly.

However, we all know how difficult it is to find 'that' HG concealer that would erase any tiredness marks and at the same time hydrate the delicate skin of that area. No matter how expensive or nutrient enriched a concealer might be, i personally always end up looking either overdone, thus older (little skin crevasses, anyone?) or just not 'covered' enough, thus tired. Catch 22 i'd say.

This product is great because it's an eye treatment that conceals darkness; its quality is that it brightens like nothing else out there, making the skin look so much better than with any concealer, and looking extremely natural. All you need is the tiniest amount - I've been using mine for months and still get a lot of product on the ball.

I like the brightening effect, overall, which is natural, and this is definitely a plus. It's natural, not sheer but it looks like it, it doesn't crease once it's dry/drier than when applied and you can easily touch up without too much fuss.

I think it's a great product with a smart and thoughtful concept behind; no wonder it's so popular. Combine this with the price tag and you've got yourself a winner. Hope they never discontinue it.

So if you are looking for something that truly brightens that area (BETTER than YSL's Touche Eclat, hands down!), you won't even need to worry about the coverage- even if you need industrial-strength concealer, you'll notice how the fine texture combines so well with whatever cheapo/high end concealer/foundation you're using and makes it look ten times more natural than anything else. I find that it doesn't need powder either.

Maybe i'm lucky that i find myself so well with this little tube, but i will definitely keep purchasing this over and over again, and i highly, highly recommend it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by imajlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

While I would possibly buy this again, I wasn't as impressed as I anticipated. I liked it at first when I noticed my dark circles diminish as soon as I applied it, but I realized it was just the concealer covering them up, it wasn't a repairing product like it claims. It matched my skin tone well, maybe a little lighter but not a big deal, you can always get away with lighter makeup under your eyes. I didn't like how it makes my skin very moist and dewy, it makes it crease easily. It also seemed to have a hint of shimmer to it, which I'm not a fan of. But it has lasted a long time and I've even used it on blemishes other than my dark under eye circles. I sometimes apply it over another concealer for maximum coverage or blend in with my foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted this to hydrate my under eye area and really hoped it would brighten up and disguise my undereye darkness. Well, it didn't hydrate me in the least. I think it actually dried my eyes out. It also didn't lighten, conceal, or lessen the appearance of darkness at all. It is way too dark for my skintone, and even with the smallest amount, it looked very orange on me. I then tried it as a corrector, as my circles are blue based and the orange should have done well to counteract the circles but it made my concealer crease in a couple of hours. I don't know how, as it didn't even moisturize my eye area and has no richness to it at all. The rollerball is nice and cool and feels good under the eyes, but I can only roll it on once maybe twice as it dispenses so much product. Gave it my best, but it just isn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by hanhnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product. It feels cool and refreshing to apply it with the steel roller ball. The concealer is very liquidy and looks much lighter than my NC30 skin. But it melts into your skin and leaves a medium coverage to my under eye circles. Blends without a trace, so much so that i would even recommend this to men with dark circles. It does not show up in harsh daylight, but moderately covers circles. I still like to pat on my benefit erase paste for more coverage if i'm going out. You get so much product in the tube, and i especially love that i can put it on over my eye cream at night so i don't look like a complete monster for my bf :P Only thing is i can't vouch for its dark circle eliminating benefits. They might be marginally better but nothing significant.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by doeskin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I tend to have pretty dark under-eye circles, so I was skeptical as to whether or not this product could really conceal anything. It offers more coverage than I expected, especially given its thin consistency, and has replaced my concealer completely. I usually roll a little bit under both eyes following my foundation application, and then pat it with my ring finger to blend. It has just the right amount of yellow in it without looking sallow or dark, and leaves my skin looking "dewy", which I love. Sometimes the roller ball blocks off the product reservoir, and I have to roll it a bit with my fingers to get it flowing again, but for the most part the packaging is fine. I have traveled with this in my make-up bag, and there were no leaks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

No effect, no results. Like the oil of olay with color reflecting particles, this, left a mixed mess on my face

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Hello flawless! =) I usually never use concealer because I'm afraid it'll dry out my under eye area & cause me to get pre-mature wrinkles & make me look older. But I always felt like my make-up didn't look complete without something under the eyes. this is not drying or cakey at all but surprisingly provides great coverage! Thank you Garnier! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Nurken

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thank you all MUAīers for all the good recommendations on this product! I just bought this the other day, and I totally love it. Iīve been using the YSL touch eclat, the Dior skinflash and the Lancome effacernes - all of them good, but missing something. The Effacernes is too drying as well..I find this concealer to be moisturizing, concealing real well and it has a smoothing and lifting effect. I love it - will repurchase when itīs finished. And the best thing, which I find really hard to find in a concealer, is that it does not settle into fine lines, and is not drying. I feel younger when Iīm wearing this. Go try, ladies! This is dirt-cheap compared to high-end concealers - and is just as good (imo)
Edit: Still loving it and using it all the time, but cuts off one lippie, due to the coverage...I donīt really thinks itīs supposed to cover real well, itīs more like highlighting and light to medium coverage, but still...I hoped for a tiny bit more coverage...Still, a real good product :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by girl2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all i have really bad dark eye circles!so i purchased this stuuf for that reason and also for little more coverage.I love this stuuf.what I do with this,apply the roll on and i wait less than minute.after i put it with my finger and i dont blending it.so i see more coverage.otherwise when i dont wait to dry i dont see result.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by dmcgeo1

I would give this product a 3.5. I am fair and the light concealer works well for me in terms of color. The coverage is light, however the texture is good and is easily build-able. I like to use this after I use my eye cream. Depending on how bad my eye circles are, I may apply a heavier concealer on top of this. I like the way it lightens the under eye area. I don't notice it doing much for puffiness. I don't feel strongly either way about the applicator. I don't find it particularly nice to roll on my eye but I don't find it annoying either. I don't have a problem getting the right amount of product but can see it becoming pesky as the product runs low. I think a tube would make more sense but whatever.