Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 11/9/2012 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Let me start off by saying that this foundation isn't going to work for everybody. If you're the type of person that looks for full coverage in your foundation, you may as well save your money because this isn't going to do that, nor do I find it particularly buildable.

When I shop for foundation, I look for a nice base to even out my complexion. I have dry skin so something that doesn't emphasize dry patches or look cakey is a must. This foundation completely suits my purpose. I get effortless application with fingers and a synthetic foundation brush. It also does a good job covering surface redness. Adding another layer did not work well for me, and the lovely finish was replaced by a mask-y appearance, so I just do one layer and use concealer on anything else that this doesn't cover. This does have a very strong, fruity scent but I don't mind it-- if you are sensitive to smells, you'll probably hate this though. I purchased this for less than $15 and it is definitely worth every penny I paid for it.

on 11/6/2012 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this product, wouldn't say i am overly impressed.

I use BB creme as my everyday foundation, this foundation for meetings and work events and estee lauder double wear for special occasion/ nights out. That's where it stands for me, the middle class of my foundations. It's a lovely foundation, feels very light and doesnt break me out. The coverage is ok, but obviously not on par with high end brands. You do not have to use a lot of the product, luckily becayse the packaging is surprisingly small for the cost. It around $32 here in Australia and i only purchase it when there is a 20% or more discount/sale.

I recommend it for those who want more coverage than a BB cream and as an alternative for expensive products.

on 11/5/2012 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Bleh. I did not like this. I purchased this due to all of the great reviews, but I really shouldn't have... That's $32 wasted.
First off, the packaging is kind of cheap. I like that it has a pump, though. As for the foundation, it's has a really heavy (awful) scent, that of which is remeniscent of a fruity champagne. I honestly can't stand it.
In relation to the consistency, it's quite thick & a little hard to blend. The coverage is medium, meaning that it'll cover some of your acne scarring, but not all, & it won't cover some blemishes. When I used this, I had one minor blemish on my cheek. However, when I put on the foundation, it actually highlighted the blemish, making it look like it was a giant cystic pimple, when it was actually tiny! So that was weird.
Additionally, this foundation is *not* buildable. Some of my scars were showing through, so I tried to apply a tiny bit more. That was a mistake, as this foundation is thick & therefore, applying a second layer makes it cakey.
Also, this foundation is very dewy & sits on your skin. The whole time I was wearing it, all I wanted to do was take it off. It felt as if my face was covered in a layer of sweat. Gross. This is definitely not meant for oily or combination skin.
As for the positives, I like the pump & the coverage is okay. The only reason I didn't give it a lower rating was because it didn't break me out.
Anywho, this is an okay foundation. If you have dry skin & very minor acne or scarring, this will be a good foundation for you. In fact, I have a dry-skinned friend who loves this stuff. It just isn't for people like me with moderate scarring & oily/combination skin. Also, this foundation has yellow-orange undertones, so beware if you're cool-toned like me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this- it works better than the healthy mix serum for me, and i really like that. Regular healthy mix gives a thicker coverage than the serum, and on me it's medium coverage, which is nice. The color 51 is nice for my pale-ish yellow toned skin, but if you're really pale bourjois foundations don't cater for you. I have an oily t zone, and if i set this with powder (currently rimmel stay matte) this stays a decent 6 hours, which on my skin is good. However, the only thing the serum does better than this is that i don't love the finish. Instead of looking glowy like the serum, it looks kind of shiny-oily. However, because i always use powder, i don't mind it too much. So overall, I'd definitely repurchase because this works really well :)

on 11/2/2012 9:52:00 AM

This is just ok imo. It does not oxidise which is the most important thing for me. It has satin finish. Does not clog the pores and it's not oily on my combination skin. It goes on thick but does not give full coverage. It looks obvious. My skintone is NC20 and no 52 does not match well, it's too yellow. For the price and formula, it is ok. However I like the serum version better colour and formula-wise, so I will repurchase that one instead.

on 11/2/2012 6:16:00 AM

This is my favourite foundation ever! It has amazing medium coverage, smooth dewy finish, great staying power and the packaging allows you to use up every last drop of it. The only downside is that there aren't enough shades, it only really caters to light/medium skin tones so that's kind of annoying because I think everyone should own this product!! :)

I bought shade 51, light vanilla and loving it! it does get greasy on top on my sunblock but its not bourjois fault. on its own its actually quite matte and perhaps a tad powdery feel, which is perfect if we are lazy to powder up. it is not sticky and never blotchy.

I have a good skin and comfortable without make-up but i cant resist to use it daily even on my laziest days as it gives me a smooth and healthy, even out, bright complexion. It feels light as if without make-up, but decent coverage. With the touche pen concealer from bourjois, same color, and a bit of blusher (also bourjois), i look like i have the best skin ever.

It doesnt last 16 hours, probably keep melting to gone in 8 hours time as i dont use powder on top, but the pros are way lot than cons. it is good practice to touch up on sunblock during the day anyways.

Love!

on 10/24/2012 6:06:00 AM

This is the foundation I'm currently using, and I've already repurchased it once. I like the consistency, and it goes on nicely with fingers or a dense brush. It needs powder if I wear it over a greasier base like a sunscreen, but over a more matte base it sits nicely on its own. The packaging is excellent - lightweight plastic, with an airless pump. However, the lightest shade, 51, is still just the tiniest bit too dark and too yellow for my skin. I can get away with it, but I can see a difference between done and undone skin. If I were to tan, this would be my "summer" colour. I'll use this bottle and then investigate some high-end brands for paler shades, and maybe come back to this if nothing is quite right.

on 10/20/2012 8:51:00 AM

I used to wear Maybelline's 24hr Superstay foundation because it was the only thing that stayed on with my oily skin. In recent years though, my skin has calmed down. Still oily but definitely not as greasy as before and I rarely get much in the way of blemishes to cover. So after all the rave reviews and seeing this recommended by Lisa Eldridge, who said that you can't see this foundation on the skin, thought I'd try it out.
It's light-medium coverage, but it's very buildable. I only use 1/2-3/4 of a pump to cover my entire face. The texture is very light. I still need to use powder but that's standard for oily skin. It gives it a lovely dewy finish. It does have a light apricot smell to it but it's not unpleasant and lasts about an hour. The pump is a life saver. It lasts all day on my skin too and doesn't oxidise. Overall a really nice natural looking foundation.

on 10/20/2012 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great foundation for Combination/dry skin!
It is completely invisible if blended well and it doesn't need much to get nicely blended.
It lasts quite well on the skin and it also as a good medium coverage wich in my skin can go up to full coverage as I layer it.
I use shade #52 and I'm a NW20...it matches me quite perfectly!
When in doubt, try it!