Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 11/23/2012 8:31:00 PM

I initially was going to buy Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation, but I watched one of the youtube video reviews between the Serum Foundation and the regular one, and it seemed like the healthy mix foundation provides more coverage, therefore I decided to get this one instead. It was a little hard to find a place to buy it online. But I finally found it on echemist.co.uk.

I have normal/combination skin, I love how this foundation smells so wonderful. It is very easy to blend and it doesn't dry out my skin. I was using Makeup Forever's Mat Velvet Foundation, and it was horrible, when I switched to Bourjois, I feel so much happier that it is such a great foundation, it stays on for a fairly long time, and I use foundation powder as well. I totally would buy it again. I just wish it is available in store.

on 11/23/2012 6:49:00 AM

My skin is normal/combination, and this is the worst foundation I have ever tried. I wore it for few hours and it broke me out so bad, so really disappointed with the product and had to give it away. If your skin is prone to break outs then I would say stay away from this foundation.

on 11/23/2012 3:21:00 AM

Beautiful lightweight matte texture and long-lasting medium coverage. Just what I need to even out my skintone and impart a soft-matte finish that looks like good skin, not a heap of makeup. It's also never broken me out.

Bourjois's foundations lean to the yellow side so this doesn't look pink or mask-like on my NC25 Asian skin (I wear #52). As others have already pointed out, the shade range is atrocious, which is probably the only thing about this product that should be improved upon.

I actually find this close in texture and feel to some of the premium BB Creams like Rachel K and Skin79, except it's not too grey/pink and smells DIVINE.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation. Its quite expensive here in Australia (retails for about $31-$32), but i'm SO glad that i bought this. I have really dry skin, and finding a foundation that doesnt look cakey/dry/flakey on my skin is quite hard because my skin is so dry, even with moisturiser and primer.. But this foundation is just amazing. It's definitely a medium buildable coverage, and it covers everything i need it to, while evening out my complexion and giving me a beautiful glow. Some people say this is a dewy finish, but its more of a satin finish on me. The packaging is very good, it comes with a pump and there's a plastic thing in the bottle underneath the foundation that moves up as you use it, so you wont have to worry about wasting any product, PLUS it smells like fruit, bonus :D

on 11/18/2012 7:28:00 AM

One of my favorites <3

on 11/15/2012 4:47:00 PM

This product gives medium coverage which is buildable.I find this a perfect day to day foundation. I love it. I find i have to use a primer with this product which makes it last about 8-9 hours whereas if i do not wear a primer i find it lasts 5 hours. I always get compliments regarding how natural and glowy my skin looks. This feels very smooth not extremely runny but not thick either, fruit like smell. Best applied with fingers to warm foundation.

Best foundation I've found. I got this after Lisa Elridge mentioned it in almost every video she did, because she said that even with a 20x magnifying glass you can't see it- it blends completely. I was sceptical - my skin is mainly clear, but it can be dry and the pores are large. Foundation tends to "sit" there, no matter how much i blend, and i HATE getting close to a mirror and realising you can see a coating of gunk.

Lisa was spot on. Literally, it is the first time i have ever worn foundation in the sunshine, in a zoom mirror, and NOT seen a layer of foundation. It gives a gorgeous, even colour, skin texture and a GLOW. i love it - not sparkly, not shiny. Just... glowy. Like im in love AND i have had a great night sleep.

I normally go straight for the palest foundation but 51 is VERY pale. They are also quite yellow toned - im very pinky, and the 51 made me look ill. 52 is good though.

Its not super heavy coveragw, but for good skin days when you want to look glowy, this is... the best out there.

Thanks Lisa!!

on 11/12/2012 6:37:00 PM

My usual foundation(Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation) seemed to me a little bit too dark now that I'm not tanned, so I thought I could save some money and try the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation that I wanted to try it out for so long, after the many rave reviews that I had read. I wanted to like this so badly, but unfortunately I did not, not in the least.
My skin is not very oily, I would say it' more combination to oily; when first applied this foundation gave me a somewhat dewey look(which is not really my cup of tea, but it was ok), but after 2-3 hours of wear under normal conditions(not very humid. not hot), it made my skin look so damn oily! Like I had been sweating all day! So I tried it with my trusty primer(one from a local greek brand) and the only difference I saw was that the oiliness started to appear after 4-5 hours.
Also, it certainly doesn't last 16 hours as it claims. I've been testing mine for 3 weeks now and there hasn't been a day that it has lasted me more than 6 hours, before completely showing all my blemishes or redness.
But the worst thing of all, is that it broke me out so badly which seemed very strange to me cause I never break ou! So, I tried switching back to my old foundation to see if it was indeed the Bourjois one that was causing the problem, and I had no such problems with my Shiseido foundation. Immediately after I re-switched to the Healty Mix, pimples and clogged pores appeared again! I can't understand why my skin reacts this way to the Healthy Mix Foundation, as I've never had problems with break-outs before. Maybe it's the fragrance, I don't know.. :/
All in all, this foundation provides nice medium coverage and a dewy look (which I know many of you like), but the coverage does not last for long and, at least for me, it irritated my skin in a way that no foundation had before. I will certainly not repurchase!

on 11/11/2012 8:23:00 PM

Amazing drug store foundation. For having somewhat normal skin that gets dry here and there, this just was perfect for me. Its about 28 dollars. The bonuses are that the color matches my skin great, it keeps my skin moisturized, packaging owns and has a great pump, fragrance is perfect, it doesn't clog pores and provides medium coverage

Problems I have ran into it is that sometimes its a little dark for the full coverage and sometimes there are yellow undertones.

on 11/11/2012 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN, DON´T USE THIS FOUNDATION. I loved this foundation at first, but soon I noticed that it made my skin very dry, even with a rich moisturizer underneath. It contains alcohol, so it is not meant for people with dry skin. It accentuates any dry patches and clogs into my pores (I was left with white heads in my cheeks). Also, it doesn´t last (lasts about 5 hours), even in my very dry skin, and has sheer coverage (I had to put at least 2 layers of it to cover my redness). And because of those extra layers it gets super cakey and obvious. I tried the serum version, and it did the same to me – I think it even dried my skin more than the classic version (it contains alcohol too, in fact the formula is very similar). I started using my old foundation again, that is suited for people with dry skin (Vichy Aera teint pure, cream version) and my skin is getting better and more hydrated again.
Maybe this is good for people with normal or slightly oily skin, but is definitely not for people with drier skin types.