November 27, 2014 | 1201 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by sazzled89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to switch up my makeup for a bit and give healthy mix a try as i'd had it for several months and not really used it. BIG MISTAKE. I realized after a couple of days that in natural light the colour was way too orangey for my skin tone (i brought 53 light beige) and i know 52 vanilla would have been too light so their shading is all off, and to top it off it gave me cystic acne on my forehead, a place i NEVER break out so i knew it was this. Back to Skin79 please. Phew!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by hbwf87

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely do not understand the raves for this product.

- this does not last more than 4 hrs on my normal skin
- the coverage goes patchy on my skin as it fades
- the shades are fairly yellow

I don't see the point of foundations that don't last, and for me even if i powder with this by the end of the day it is wearing off in patches. It almost seems to cause some kind of rosacea irritation on me as it fades off too.

I much prefer my revlon colorstay.

will not buy again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by AnneMarie13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Well the only bad thing on this product is the color range, i find one of the best foundations around the market, specially for the price...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by dandellion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am at my third bottle now but I regret buying the third. I used this foundation when I was a young teenager, because my skin was freaking out, I was suffering with cystic acne and oily skin. Now my skin has calmed down and I actually discovered that I have dry and very sensitive skin, due to I have an occasional breakout. So now I am just searching for a light foundation which won't break me out. This foundation is medium coverage, definitely buildable, lasting up MINIMALLY to 16hrs, I went through 29 hrs wearing this foundation and it looked just the same. But it is definitely NOT for dry skin. It just highlights any little dryness you have on your face. But if you have oily skin, it works wonders, when I suffered with overproduction of sebum, my skin just stayed matt all day. But if you have oily skin and sensitive skin too, don't worry, I was worried the harsh smell (which I like, but some people say it is really strong) would irritate my skin but it didn't. I don't really like the packaging, the black pump is always dirty (but I appreciate it has a pump!), I don't really like foundations packed in plastic but whatever, at least it won't break. The price for me is a bit high, but next to some Sisley foundation it's cheap so it depends on your financial options :) So - if you have normal-combination-oily skin, if you need some coverage and you're looking for a long-lasting foundation, this is exactly for you!!!:)
Plus! I really appreciate the yellow undertones in all shades, majority of the population have them in their skin and most drugstore/cheaper foundations make just pink undertones:)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by missfrith

I am amazed by this product! Usually I prefer to invest in higher end foundations just as I have more faith in their quality and staying power. But, then I stumbled across this little beauty and after reading so many positive reviews I decided to give it a shot. It feels gorgeous and as though it is actually doing good for my skin. It has good staying power which even my oily skin doesn't seem to affect and I just powder once or maybe twice throughout the day to prevent myself looking overly glowing. As my skin can get exceptionally shiny I always felt I needed to use matte products but this has proven me wrong and I love it's subtle dewiness. Plus, it doesn't break me out! Yayyyyyy!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by prettygreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can hardly fault this foundation - what was I doing before I got it! It's absolutely superb. For starters it has a lovely scent, as opposed to the painty-smell. It's highly buildable, depending on whether you're having a break-out or want to even out your skin tone. I find it's best applied with fingertips (but I might invest in a real techniques brush soon).

One of my very few problems with it is the colour - I bought 53, and when building it up it can get very dark. Perhaps purchase 52 next time. The yellow undertone in it is great, however. Also, the size of the bottle is quite small, but for £9.99 how can I really complain.

Bourjois knock it out the park again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by christinaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great foundation. I have super oily skin (and I mean it when I say SUPER) and it works okay for me. No product in this world can make me shine-free, even with powder, primer etc. So I don't have any high hopes for this controlling oil. My skin doesn't produce more oil than usual whilst wearing this though. It is not marketed as an oil control foundation either. It's quite moisturising and gives a somewhat dewy finish. I think it would be great for people with normal-dry skin.
This foundation does not separate which is one thing I love about it. It stays well put despite my oily skin. And it also looks quite natural.
The cons are: not a good color range and oxidizes to a darker color after a few hours. I would definitely suggest you buy a lighter shade than a darker one.
Other than that, yes I would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have quite oily skin so I wasn't expecting much from this foundation but after all the good reviews, I couldn't resist giving it a try. I purchased mine online from echemist.co.uk for around $14USD. I am NW20 and purchased shade 52. The texture of this foundation is really nice, it blends in effortlessly and smells quite good. I find the color match to me pretty perfect as well. On my skin, when powdered, this lasts probably 6 hours, which is about average for my skin. I like the coverage, I'd say it's a solid medium coverage foundation. I actually really like it and will probably repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by yaiza123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

At first I really loved this foundation. It has a medium to full coverage, which i kinda need. It doesnt have a silly smell like a lot of foundations, the packaging has a pump and even the colour (52) which is a light neutral shade was a pretty close match to my own skintone. Adding that its around 14 euro's which isnt that expensive, I was really pleased. So I was kinda dissapointed to notice that it has no durability what so ever. For me it lasts around +/- 3 Hours and the company claims it lasts 16. Course not a single foundation will ever do that, but 3 hours was just too little for me. I havent really seen this problem in many reviews, so it might just be my skin (Dry - normal). All and all decent foundation. Many pro's, just one Con which is sort of a dealbreaker.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by awsmsauce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

HG foundation for sure! I'm a mix of shade 52 and 53 (I'm SLIGHTLY fairer than an NC30) but I usually just get 53 and it works fine - doesn't look too dark or weird or anything. Extremely smooth, blendable (I use my fingers), doesn't break me out and lasts throughout the day. Looks extremely natural too, but this might not be a good thing for someone with a lot of acne to cover up. It has light to medium coverage, and is buildable without looking cakey. You'll have to set it with powder if you're oily though. I definitely recommend this!