Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This works well on my oily skin and looks very natural. My skin looks fresh and dewy after applying. The coverage is medium, just enough for me. This foundation is easy to blend in to the skin and dries very quickly. It smells lightly fruity when you first apply, but once it's on your skin the smell disappears. I have already repurchased this product once, and I plan to keep buying it. Its colour range is good, and its lighter shades match my skin very well. The packaging is well designed, as you can get every last drop of foundation and nothing is wasted. The best drugstore foundation I've tried.

on 8/15/2012 7:29:00 AM

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION.
I bought this on a whim and I'm so glad that I did! I'm a HE foundation girl all the way, but this has truly taken HG status in my book.
The coverage is medium-buildable but it's amazing - I have a face full of freckles, and this pretty much covers them without looking mask-like at all. It makes me look very glowy and natural, like I have perfect, blemish free skin. I use the matching concealer with it which is great too.
The finish is glowy, without looking greasy or too unnatural. The price is great, for what it is - I think it's about £10-11. Pixiwoo (n/a) state that this is a great dupe for the now discontinued Chanel Pro Lumiere.
The packaging is AMAZING. It comes with a pump, and has a system whereby the more you pump, the foundation is pushed up FROM THE BOTTOM - leaving nothing left in the bottle when you've finished it, You really can use all of the product.
I'd def buy this again - infact - I already have!

P.s. Only downfall (that doesn't affect me) is the shade selection. If you have skin darker than tan, you won't find a shade for you :(

on 8/15/2012 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a great foundation for an amazing price! Here is my breakdown of why I love it:

Coverage: Medium-buildable

Finish: Satin (natural-looking)

Long-wearing?: Not bad! Probably not as long-wearing as, say, ELDWL or Lancome TIU24, but it does a great job nevertheless. On my oily/combo skin, it will last about 8 hours looking good, but a bit of shine tends to come through, so I'll need to blot a couple of times. However, this foundation does not try to be hardcore-long-wearing like the other two, so I can't put it down for that.

Shades: This is usually the hardest part for me, being extremely pale and warm-toned (lighter than NC15). Shade 51 is slightly too dark for me, but it is close enough to suit me well if I take it down the neck and blend out so that it isn't noticeable.

Packaging etc: The pump is really annoying. Maybe I just got a dud, but sometimes it doesn't pump out anything, and sometimes it pumps out too much.

Extra bits: Doesn't emphasize flakiness much (on me), looks like healthy skin, never cakey.

on 8/10/2012 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This has a good shade range if you have fair skin with yellow undertones. It will be great if you have normal combination or oily skin. It was very drying on my skin and it sat on top in a very noticable manner.

on 8/8/2012 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

First time buying foundation as have never really needed it before. Have been using 2-3x weekly for about a month now. I am using #52 (vanilla).

Good experiences: nearly perfect match for skintone, smells amazing, don't really need much, semi-matte so very realistic looking skin (for natural looks), doesn't reflect horribly in photos, blends really nicely with fingers (such a good texture that you don't really need a brush), does not oxidise, relatively good lasting power

Problems: I would prefer a glass bottle rather than plastic (given others in their range that are glass), this is quite expensive in Australia ($32 for 30ml even at target), would not suit anyone looking for full coverage, I could see this becoming a little cakey if the skin isn't properly moisturised beforehand, although it lasts I don't know if it would really do a whole '16 hours'

I can't really comment on the range of shades as I found the colour I picked suitable. I did find that #52 does seem to send towards being slightly more yellow-toned than pink-toned.

And whilst I would buy again, I would be interested in something of the same quality, but cheaper. Although I doubt that I would easily find the great scent and texture that this has.

_________________________________________________
Update: Moving this into 'average' rating. Am noticing this can get cakey if my skin is a bit dry. Have to really let the foundation sit and dry before it looks ok. Would no longer repurchase this, and would probably just go high-end next time. I know this is often reccommended as a Chanel Vitalumiere dupe, but I don't really see that.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in 52, it matches my nc25 skin well. Its a good everyday foundation with demi-matte finish. It lasts 5 or so hours on my normal/dry skin. The scent is nice and fruity, but disappears once you apply it. The best application for me is with the real techniques stippling brush.,,it looks beautifully airbrushed. Its def medium coverage but buildable, but can look cakey it you apply to much. Its hard to get a hold of in US, luckily I was able to swap for it.

on 8/6/2012 7:11:00 AM

I love this foundation. The color I have is #51 light vanilla which is matched with my skin, It looks completely natural and stayed beautifully on my skin about 4-5 hours. It has a light coverage, so highly recommend for u guys who have quite perfect skin.
However, I dont like its smell. As written on the packaging, it has fruit therapy. But when I tried, there was only the chemical smell. Luckily, it doesn't stay long on my skin.

on 8/3/2012 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is too shiny and too yellow-based for me. I bought shade 52 'Vanilla', one of the lightest shades, and it made me look like I had jaundice. Should be alright for people with olive skin tones and dry/normal skin. Its not heavy on my skin, however I can feel it which isn't pleasant.
I don't really like the smell- its smells fruity, but not a natural fruity smell- it smells like chemicals.
Lasting power isn't too good. Probably lasts about 2 hours with powder before I start to shine through again.

This foundation breaks me ou so badly! It took a while since my skin became normal again. I'd rather stick with my Diorskin Nude foundation, although it's way more expensive. They are definetely not similar!
Bourjois Healthy Mix might work if you have dry skin. But if you have combination or Oily skin look elsewhere.

on 7/27/2012 3:33:00 AM

I really like this foundation. I wear it in #53 and the colour match is great. I really like the packaging because itís very lightweight, itís transparent so you can see the quantity of foundation left, and the inner tube moves up with every pump so you can see if youíre going to run out soon.

I apply it using a MAC stippling brush all over my face, and set it with MACís Mineralize Finishing Powder. The coverage sits on the perfect line where you can still see my skin but covers the redness around my nose and my cheeks. Itís easy to remove and does not clog my pores!

The staying power is good as it lasts for a full work day even in Hong Kongís sticky and sweaty summer season. It does absolutely nothing to mattify my skin as I still have to bloat every two hours or so, but I love it regardless. Highly recommended guys!

Video Reviews & Tutorials