Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 11/18/2012 7:28:00 AM

One of my favorites <3

on 11/15/2012 4:47:00 PM

This product gives medium coverage which is buildable.I find this a perfect day to day foundation. I love it. I find i have to use a primer with this product which makes it last about 8-9 hours whereas if i do not wear a primer i find it lasts 5 hours. I always get compliments regarding how natural and glowy my skin looks. This feels very smooth not extremely runny but not thick either, fruit like smell. Best applied with fingers to warm foundation.

Best foundation I've found. I got this after Lisa Elridge mentioned it in almost every video she did, because she said that even with a 20x magnifying glass you can't see it- it blends completely. I was sceptical - my skin is mainly clear, but it can be dry and the pores are large. Foundation tends to "sit" there, no matter how much i blend, and i HATE getting close to a mirror and realising you can see a coating of gunk.

Lisa was spot on. Literally, it is the first time i have ever worn foundation in the sunshine, in a zoom mirror, and NOT seen a layer of foundation. It gives a gorgeous, even colour, skin texture and a GLOW. i love it - not sparkly, not shiny. Just... glowy. Like im in love AND i have had a great night sleep.

I normally go straight for the palest foundation but 51 is VERY pale. They are also quite yellow toned - im very pinky, and the 51 made me look ill. 52 is good though.

Its not super heavy coveragw, but for good skin days when you want to look glowy, this is... the best out there.

Thanks Lisa!!

on 11/12/2012 6:37:00 PM

My usual foundation(Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation) seemed to me a little bit too dark now that I'm not tanned, so I thought I could save some money and try the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation that I wanted to try it out for so long, after the many rave reviews that I had read. I wanted to like this so badly, but unfortunately I did not, not in the least.
My skin is not very oily, I would say it' more combination to oily; when first applied this foundation gave me a somewhat dewey look(which is not really my cup of tea, but it was ok), but after 2-3 hours of wear under normal conditions(not very humid. not hot), it made my skin look so damn oily! Like I had been sweating all day! So I tried it with my trusty primer(one from a local greek brand) and the only difference I saw was that the oiliness started to appear after 4-5 hours.
Also, it certainly doesn't last 16 hours as it claims. I've been testing mine for 3 weeks now and there hasn't been a day that it has lasted me more than 6 hours, before completely showing all my blemishes or redness.
But the worst thing of all, is that it broke me out so badly which seemed very strange to me cause I never break ou! So, I tried switching back to my old foundation to see if it was indeed the Bourjois one that was causing the problem, and I had no such problems with my Shiseido foundation. Immediately after I re-switched to the Healty Mix, pimples and clogged pores appeared again! I can't understand why my skin reacts this way to the Healthy Mix Foundation, as I've never had problems with break-outs before. Maybe it's the fragrance, I don't know.. :/
All in all, this foundation provides nice medium coverage and a dewy look (which I know many of you like), but the coverage does not last for long and, at least for me, it irritated my skin in a way that no foundation had before. I will certainly not repurchase!

on 11/11/2012 8:23:00 PM

Amazing drug store foundation. For having somewhat normal skin that gets dry here and there, this just was perfect for me. Its about 28 dollars. The bonuses are that the color matches my skin great, it keeps my skin moisturized, packaging owns and has a great pump, fragrance is perfect, it doesn't clog pores and provides medium coverage

Problems I have ran into it is that sometimes its a little dark for the full coverage and sometimes there are yellow undertones.

on 11/11/2012 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN, DON´T USE THIS FOUNDATION. I loved this foundation at first, but soon I noticed that it made my skin very dry, even with a rich moisturizer underneath. It contains alcohol, so it is not meant for people with dry skin. It accentuates any dry patches and clogs into my pores (I was left with white heads in my cheeks). Also, it doesn´t last (lasts about 5 hours), even in my very dry skin, and has sheer coverage (I had to put at least 2 layers of it to cover my redness). And because of those extra layers it gets super cakey and obvious. I tried the serum version, and it did the same to me – I think it even dried my skin more than the classic version (it contains alcohol too, in fact the formula is very similar). I started using my old foundation again, that is suited for people with dry skin (Vichy Aera teint pure, cream version) and my skin is getting better and more hydrated again.
Maybe this is good for people with normal or slightly oily skin, but is definitely not for people with drier skin types.

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. Living in Asia, my choices of shades are usually limited and I was able to get this in the darkest shade they had available here, in 53.

First of all, I love the packaging and the pump. Two pumps provide the perfect amount of product for me. Also, even though it's not an expensive brand, the packaging looks quite expensive.

The product is easy to apply and I love that it gives my skin a healthy glow. I get a lot of compliments when I'm wearing it.

The only bad thing I can say is that it doesn't last very long on my skin. I'm a teacher and very active, and it will usually stay on for about 4 hours max. But, I must add that I've never used a facial primer, so that might be the problem.

Overall, definitely a good product for its price. I'll buy it again.

on 11/9/2012 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Let me start off by saying that this foundation isn't going to work for everybody. If you're the type of person that looks for full coverage in your foundation, you may as well save your money because this isn't going to do that, nor do I find it particularly buildable.

When I shop for foundation, I look for a nice base to even out my complexion. I have dry skin so something that doesn't emphasize dry patches or look cakey is a must. This foundation completely suits my purpose. I get effortless application with fingers and a synthetic foundation brush. It also does a good job covering surface redness. Adding another layer did not work well for me, and the lovely finish was replaced by a mask-y appearance, so I just do one layer and use concealer on anything else that this doesn't cover. This does have a very strong, fruity scent but I don't mind it-- if you are sensitive to smells, you'll probably hate this though. I purchased this for less than $15 and it is definitely worth every penny I paid for it.

on 11/6/2012 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this product, wouldn't say i am overly impressed.

I use BB creme as my everyday foundation, this foundation for meetings and work events and estee lauder double wear for special occasion/ nights out. That's where it stands for me, the middle class of my foundations. It's a lovely foundation, feels very light and doesnt break me out. The coverage is ok, but obviously not on par with high end brands. You do not have to use a lot of the product, luckily becayse the packaging is surprisingly small for the cost. It around $32 here in Australia and i only purchase it when there is a 20% or more discount/sale.

I recommend it for those who want more coverage than a BB cream and as an alternative for expensive products.

on 11/5/2012 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Bleh. I did not like this. I purchased this due to all of the great reviews, but I really shouldn't have... That's $32 wasted.
First off, the packaging is kind of cheap. I like that it has a pump, though. As for the foundation, it's has a really heavy (awful) scent, that of which is remeniscent of a fruity champagne. I honestly can't stand it.
In relation to the consistency, it's quite thick & a little hard to blend. The coverage is medium, meaning that it'll cover some of your acne scarring, but not all, & it won't cover some blemishes. When I used this, I had one minor blemish on my cheek. However, when I put on the foundation, it actually highlighted the blemish, making it look like it was a giant cystic pimple, when it was actually tiny! So that was weird.
Additionally, this foundation is *not* buildable. Some of my scars were showing through, so I tried to apply a tiny bit more. That was a mistake, as this foundation is thick & therefore, applying a second layer makes it cakey.
Also, this foundation is very dewy & sits on your skin. The whole time I was wearing it, all I wanted to do was take it off. It felt as if my face was covered in a layer of sweat. Gross. This is definitely not meant for oily or combination skin.
As for the positives, I like the pump & the coverage is okay. The only reason I didn't give it a lower rating was because it didn't break me out.
Anywho, this is an okay foundation. If you have dry skin & very minor acne or scarring, this will be a good foundation for you. In fact, I have a dry-skinned friend who loves this stuff. It just isn't for people like me with moderate scarring & oily/combination skin. Also, this foundation has yellow-orange undertones, so beware if you're cool-toned like me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials