July 26, 2014 | 1571 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this powder I wouldn't call it my favourite foundation, but it's definitely up there, and probably my top powder formulation. I have quite dry skin, and this works well for it without turning my forehead into a flake factory, highlighting dryness like most other powders seem to.

It doesn't have the best coverage, but it covers well enough to camouflage most of my redness, and looks really natural when buffed into the skin. I like to use a big flat top brush meant for bronzing. I find the provided sponge quite useless, giving a far too cakey powdered look.

It doesn't quite live up to it's claims to be 4-in-1, since I find I need to use a concealer with it for blemishes and my under-eye area, but 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

The colour selection is okay, too. I was lucky enough to find an almost perfect match in Light.

EDIT: Been using this as as a powder to set liquid foundation lately and I'm loving it. It provides a little additional coverage and seems to keep oil at bay and not highlight my dry areas. I'm impressed. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by chelleleigh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have the medium blush color, as my skin has lots of pink/red in it. i was using BE for years, happened to see this on one of those shopping channels on tv, thought what the heck, if i dont like , i can return. I will not be returning!! color match was perfect, althought i think in summertime will def have to use bronzer to warm it up. EXcellent coverage, and as i said, i do have rosy red cheeks. i used the sponge applicator where i thought i needed more coverage then took my ecotools kabuki brush and just covered the rest of my face. my face looks airbrushed! better coverage than BE for about the same price. the chisel brush that came with my foundation is crap, shedding and not very soft on the skin. but i checked on the price of foundation alone, and the brush was just a bonus, so i will probably give it away and stick with my kabuki brush. Pur minerals has not made my face itch the way BE sometimes did.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by CynthiaStrange

Very nice product. At first, I hated the brush because little hairs came off on my face, but after washing it no more of that. The finish is almost airbrushed like. It doesn't set in lines and it feels good on my face. It gives the coverage of a liquid but with easy application. I can't stand liquids anymore these days. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by mistressKC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this product from Ulta because, even though I love my Sheer Cover, I wanted to try out other mineral foundations out there in the market. Overall, it's a pretty good product. I like that when I'm rushing I can do my makeup in seconds by using my Coastal Scents pink kabuki brush (I heard horrible reviews about the Pur Minerals brush) and buffing the foundation on my face. It evens out skin tone, but if you really want full coverage without the cakey feel, I suggest using a separate concealer.

I'm quite mixed up about this product. On one hand, it's a lot cheaper than Sheer Cover and offers twice as much product. Plus, being a pressed powder, I can bring it around with me. It really does have beautiful coverage, and I really like that finish isn't a flat, matte face. On the other hand, it feels heavier on my skin, and I'll admit that sometimes I feel like I'm wearing a cakey mask. I know that a lot of people say it feels like nothing, but when I put this on, I know I put something on because I feel it on me for the rest of the day. I have this on Tan which is a teeny bit darker than my skin tone, but summer is coming and I'm bound to get tanner. The shade is very forgiving though. I'm not sure how much I like the finish. I'm going to say it's ok - sometimes it reminds me very much of just a regular face powder. Other times, it gives a slight sheen that reminds me a little bit of how my face looks like when I get a tad greasy midday. If you put on too much, it can look cakey.

I recently discovered my favorite way to wear this is by putting on concealer first, buffing the Pur minerals and finishing it with a little bit of Sheer Cover (which is lighter makes for a great finishing powder over other foundation for more coverage and glow).

It's a good product: I'm just not sure that I love it yet. But for the price and the amount product that you get, it's a good deal. I suggest you head to an Ulta and try it out there first and see how much you like it.

update:
As soon as I got used to the 'heavier' feeling of the Pur Minerals (compared to the Sheer Cover which you really hardly feel) I must admit that I love this foundation. It's fast, it's easy, it certainly does its job. It makes your skin glow and it's a 3 in 1 product so you can use it as a finishing powder as well with a light hand and a powder brush. However, even though it has twice as much product as the Sheer Cover, I've already hit pan and I bought this product around March or April (I can't remember). The Sheer Cover lasted me a year, maybe more before I had to buy new foundation. I don't know why, since it has more product than the Sheer Cover it doesn't last as long (I'm thinking it's because it's pressed, the brush ends up picking more product than if you sift the loose powder out into the lid, though I used I lot of SC because it was so sheer).

Still, I love my Pur Minerals and will probably alternate between SC and this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by DARBSI

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! great coverage and the shade match is better than loose powder foundation. Also very portable, no mess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

I've only used this for a whole day, and for now I can say this product is phenomenal. It has shea butter in it which is a first for me, but in a good way. Saw that lauren aka queenofblendingmua uses this on the daily, decided to give in and give a shot at mineral makeup. I have no regrets on trying this so far..

I feel that you have to let this set into the oils of your face for up to 20-30 minutes then set with powder. I didnt have time to touch up today but it did not feel mask like just kind of glowy but still it needs a touch-up. I have this in golden medium, and I'd say this is the best and only match for me, color selection isn't that great but I'm glad I got a decent match. Color payoff and coverage I would say is average, you will need a good concealer. I feel this foundation is for everyday, could be easily bumped for events but you need to work much more of it. Good luck finding the right shade, like I said give it time to settle into your face before you judge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by pink1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation! I have also tried BE too and I liked that as well. I really like the packaging of pur minerals though, the fact that it's a pressed powder does make it easier to work with, and better for travel.

I purchased this in the little get started kit at ulta, because I wanted to see how I liked the brush....and I hated it! It really sucks. I like the shape of it and everything, it was just way too scratchy for my liking. So, I returned the kit and just bought the full size foundation. I would recommend anyone contemplating the get started kit to not bother unless you really like the blush and bronzer.

Anyway, I like this foundation because I feel it suits my combo/oily skin quite well. The coverage is good, and it stays on my skin longer than the liquid foundations I've tried. I love it also for the convenience factor. It takes like two seconds to apply and have it look great! I've used a concealor brush and it conceals pretty well for minor imperfections, but for bigger blemishes etc, I use a separate concealor. If you like mineral makeup, you should consider giving this a try because I used BE for a long time and I like this a little bit more.

One of the only drawbacks for me is the shade selection. I like golden medium for me, but it is almost a tad too light, and the next shade down, tan, is a tad too dark. I find that golden medium is good for me for the winter, I may have to get the tan in the summer. I'm nc35 by the way.

One more bit of info: If you are sick of using your BE all over face brush or the horrible brush that comes with pur minerals, give the japonesque mineral face brush a try. I'm in love with it! If you want more info, see my review on it. xoxo

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by alins3

Pros: Light texture that leaves my completely sensitive skin breathing. The exact amount of coverage i need. Very easy to work with. Its a 4-in-1 product (spf, foundation, concealer and powder)
Cons: It doesnt give the nice glowing effect that some liquid foundations do. It might be in the "mineral" side but it does contain waxes and preservatives.
Will buy it again, its my everyday foundation, it saves me time and makes things easy. Very good product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

Wow Im surprised I never reviewed this, I've been using it for a while now. First of all when I first bought this I bought it in Blush Medium which I disliked the look it gave me so I abandoned it and went back to BE, but I had a training at work and the rep gave me tan..which i found out before thats my real shade but i got it as gratis and now I'm always wearing it. I love it...it gives such good coverage, doesn't break me out and just goes on so smoothly and stays put. It's really great and i love how it's not messy and you can take it with you for touchups and its a 4-in-1 (Foundation, Concealer, Powder, and SPF 15) so it's quick and looks so natural and feels like nothing on. It's still all natural and all minerals, it's just pressed with vit E and shea butter..2 moisturizing ingredients that I love. It's still great for all skin types. 24.50 and found at Ulta.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by staceyrella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had great hopes for this product after hearing rave reviews.. everywhere! I was using BM before and liked it but though if there's something better I should try it out. I went to my nearest Ulta and picked out my shade (I got the starter kit). When I tried it out at first I really liked how it was pressed and not loose (less messy), but then I noticed it wasn't covering my blemishes or scars and that it didn't really match my skin tone at all (I got Golden Medium, same as my shade in BM, but it wasn't golden or yellow enough for my skin tone). Throughout the day it felt more and more like a mask, I got really oily and developed cosmetic acne from this foundation. I used this product for awhile and the results did not change.