September 2, 2014 | 1199 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2007 12:18:00 AM More reviews by bluediva

I bought this based on MUA reviews and it's great for the price. I refuse to pay more than $8 for a product that I'll throw out after 4 months, so I stick with drugstore mascaras. This mascara goes on easily and looks quite natural, definitely adds volume (not so much length), stays on all day with minimal flaking, and then washes off with warm water and a mild cleanser. Don't forget to wash it off at the end of the day. I got irritation from leaving it on overnight. It gets tight and crunchy-feeling after 12 hours. But it's a good mascara. I've been using it 3-5 times a week for 2 months and it's showing no signs of drying out or getting clumpy.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2007 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Jena511

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The packaging of this product has been redesigned, and I think CG may have changed the product's formulation too. I've purchased Super Thick Lash in the past and liked it, mainly because it comes in a true brown (red hair, brown eyes, PPP), it volumizes, and it's cheap.

Unfortunately, my most recent tube was a total disappointment. I applied the mascara and ended up with a flaky, smearing mess. On top of that, I lost some eyelashes to this stuff! Never again!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by tiff22

I think this is a GREAT mascara. The only complaint I have is that it can be a PITA to remove IMO. Other than that, it really volumizes my lashes and makes them black black and curls them a bit and adds a little length, which doesnt bother me at all because I already have long lashes they're just droopy.. but this stuff picks them up and curls, volumizes, and darkens them.

update 2/09: i dont use this anymore so it couldn't have been that wonderful.. i think i just got tired of it being such a PITA to remove.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2007 2:54:00 AM More reviews by amylovehewitt

I think this mascara is ok... its nothing great. it sure doesnt lengthen your lashes... not a fan

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2007 4:51:00 PM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

suprisingly disappointed with this product. after reading the great reviews on here I was expecting to love it! It made my lashes stick together so I had to use a lash brush to seperate my lashes, and even then they were pretty sticky still. flaked a LOT, and dosen't look natural on at all. I have this in brown/black. also managed to get on my eyelids. big disappointment. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by JadziaDAx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Clumpy, do-nothing crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2007 8:34:00 AM More reviews by mlbalinge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading MUA reviews, I decided to do my own Cover Girl mascara experiment. I figured that at these prices, what was there to lose? So, I bought both Super Thick Lash and Volume Exact, both in blackest black. Results: I loved them both, but for different reasons.
Super Thick Lash is definitely thickening but at the same time somehow natural (doesn't give that spidery look). Super Thick Lash will not give you much added length, but then again that's not what it's for. I loved the staying power and my lashes didn't feel brittle.

Volume Exact was more dramatic and less natural than Super Thick Lash. Once you figure out how to use the brush it really does separate the lashes. VE seemed darker than STL and made it look like I had curled my lashes (which I never do b/c I hate those thingies). It is also lengthening and thickening, but the lengthening can give you those spidery ends to your lashes. VE didn't last as well as STL (slight flaking and don't get it near water--it'll run all over you!) and it didn't feel as comfortable.

Conclusion: Both are great. I prefer Super Thick Lash b/c it's more natural, but if I had smaller lashes Volume Exact would be a godsend
UPDATE: This mascara can flake and irritate your eyes. I think it dries out easily and then flakes. Sigh...
2nd UPDATE: Used with Shiseido Mascara Base I have no problems with clumping and I get length from the Mascara Base. False lashes look and STL doesn't flake when I use the Mascara Base first. So happy with this combo!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Simplicity310

I like this mascara as my evening/more dramatic look. It definitely gives you the look of false lashes but doesn't add length.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2007 6:39:00 PM More reviews by virgo92185

I decided to try this mascara for two reasons; first, of all of the good reviews here on MUA and second because at KMART today and tomorrow there is a buy one and another half off on all Cover Girl lipsticks and mascaras. I purchased the very black in this mascara and so far so good! It looks nice and thick just like my maybelline mascara without being to "crunchy." I am really excited about this because it seems like a GREAT mascara! The only thing I am worried about is this mascara is not waterproof, the real test will come tomorrow at work and Sunday at church. After those two days I will update again! Thanks MUA!! **update** Well, I still like this product. I did notice a slight clumping around the rim, but it seems to be gone now. The only thing is if you take a nap and wake up you'll get a few flakes, but besides that, still a GREAT product!**

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by lunyc

I didn't think a drugstore mascara could work as well as dept. store brands, but I decided to try this one out after the great reviews on this site. I'm glad I did because it works better than a lot of the expensive mascaras! It does not smudge, clump, and it defines my lashes nicely. I can't say it thickens them, but that's ok, none of the expensive ones did that, although some did smudge and even irritate my eyes. I will definitely be buying this one again.