OPI Nail Envy - Original

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Camphor, Diacetone Alcohol, Ethyl Tosylamide, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Violet 2 (CI 60725), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 1/20/2003 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

(I have this in both the Matte and 'Regular' type, both have the same results and the only difference is matte/shiny)

Loving it!

I use it (2 coats though sometimes 1 which is how I use any basecoat) underneath my nailcolor.

Now I'm pretty durn sure that this stuff works. See, I'm one of those people that I can grow my nails long only YE long, once i'm past that 'point' they will break - guarenteed. I'm constantly having to keep them 'that' length or under.

Let me just say as I am typing this it's been PAST that length for 2 weeks now and still going strong. (um, no pun intended)

My activity hasn't changed (I slam my hands around on my keyboard, piano, constantly use my nails for stuff i 'shouldnt'- peeling things off, prying things open etc, we're talking I murder these poor lil claws.) and my nutirional/vitamin intake hasn't changed... the ONLY (and I mean ONLY!) thing that can account for this is... OPI's Nail Envy.

Someone send up the Bat-Signal, we have officially found a product that lives up to it's claims!! continued >>

on 1/12/2003 6:13:00 PM

This stuff is good, but it's not devastating. I have ridges and lots of imperfections in my short nails due to my skin conditions. This stuff grew my nails, but not at a spectacular rate -- I can't really say this works any better than Witchcraft, my usual brand. I think I'd only buy it again if it were on special.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I am probably in the minority but I did not like this product. My nails normally grow pretty fast anyways so maybe it benefits people with thin weak nails better. I experienced a lot of peeling of my nails when I used this and as soon as I stopped using it it seemed like my nails actually became weaker and would break off.

I don't feel like putting layers and layers of this stuff repeatedly over nails is very good for them. I wouldn't bother with Nail Envy again. continued >>

on 1/5/2003 5:16:00 AM

This doesnt chip and doesn't make my nails crack, and it stays quite long without chipping. strengthens greatly. i use this as clear nail polish w/ 3 coats or base w/ 2. great product, but a tad pricey.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Ooh. I bought this stuff after reading rave reviews on MUA, and I'm delighted with my purchase. It leaves a gorgeous, deep-gloss shine (particularly after two or three coats) and makes my nails airplane, hotel room, and klutz-proof (I'm constantly crashing my nails into everything in sight). Also, I love OPI's bottles -- they always seem to work just right, the cap screws on satisfyingly tightly and is solid in the hands when you're applying, and the amount of product you get seems huge. It's pricey ($10 a pop), but I have claws again for the first time in years. Yay!

on 11/14/2002 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love this! After wearing acrylic nails for years, I didn't think there was any hope for my poor nails. I use Matte Nail Envy as a base coat, then polish, then orignal Nail Envy every day for 7 days, then I remove and start over. My nails are actually as hard as the acrylics were. I'll definately purchase this again! :)

I got similar results to what I was able to get from Nailtiques, Nailtek, and Orly. The one thing I like about Nail Envy that I think is a little better than the other three is that it doesn't peel off like the others. With Orly and Nailtiques, in particular, once you've got a few layers on, it tends to peel away quickly, which is a problem for those of us who are easily distracted into picking, peeling, biting or whatever by anything that's rough or imperfect. Nail Envy didn't seem to peel as much with a few layers.

on 9/23/2002 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i love this stuff. i removed acrylics from my hands, and within 1 week, my natural nails were looking great again. they are growing so quickly and strong. although it is a little expensive, it is definately worth it!

on 9/16/2002 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I'm pretty vain about my hands, so I've tried a LOT of nail strengtheners, etc., and this is my holy grail of basecoats. My nails are brittle and prone to peeling -- this really reduced that. (but I also use SolarOil to moisturize, too)
Goes on smooth (i.e. non-streaky/lines, etc.)and can be worn alone, if you wish, and holds color well (esp. if you use OPI polish with it).
Revivanail is still okay, but I prefer OPI.

on 9/5/2002 6:18:00 PM

I had originally resisted trying Nail Envy because Nailtiques and Nail Magic had performed dismally for my weak, peeling nails. One evening at the grocery store I noticed that my nails looked like they belonged on a medieval farm hand - REALLY bad. Peeling off in flakes, ragged, yuck! I was so ashamed that I hid my hands in my pockets in the checkout line so no one would see them.

I had read many raves for Nail Envy so decided it was worth the try. Though a bottle of this stuff is not cheap (around US$15) it is competitively priced with Nailtiques and Nail Magic. I'm glad I did! After one week I had the peeling under control, though the corners of my nails were still a bit problematic. I've been using it for three weeks now and though sometimes I do get a chip at the corner of the nail, it seems to be old-growth nail (before I began using the product) as the chips only go so far down the nail.

I use the shiny formula and have been so pleased with my clear, unbroken nails that I have been using either transparent polishes or no polish at all.

If you want longer nails and have used other products which did not work for you (perhaps due to body chemistry, is what I wonder) then I would recommend Nail Envy before you resort to acrylics or just keeping short nails. One bottle lasts a long time (I've only used a tiny fraction of a bottle in 3 weeks) and since it works, it's a great value for the money.

Popular Treatments