April 17, 2014 | 1886 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I tossed this after a couple of uses. Not only is the color payoff terrible, this stuff smudges like crazy. I tried to build up the color by going over the dried liner but that didn't work either. I don't have much more to say. Don't bother with this worthless product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by jbsjunkie

I don't know what all the negative reviews are about....I liked this eyeliner. It glides on nicely. I usually do a little bit of a winged look and then put a bit of dark shadow over to soften the look. This also helps if your hands are unsteady and you draw a bit of a crooked line. I still prefer cream gel liners but this one isn't bad...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by binjoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

The worst eyeliner pen I have bought.

It hardly even draws and requires lots of overlaying. The color is sheerer than it says and it smudges easily. By the end of the day, I had a second line above the first. Will never buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

The color is not black, in fact I have to apply many layers to have it appears somewhat dark grey. The felt tip is not helpful in achieveing a straight line. The formula kinda bleeds and is watery. It's expensive for the low quality stuff. Oh yea have I mention burning my eyes when I tear up? I would not purchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by ValleyOfSins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Seriously? This eyeliner was $9.99 + tax that I'll never get back. I really wanted to try an eyeliner pen, so I picked this up. I should have known better, I prefer brush tips STRONGLY and this a felt tip. But the applicator is the least of the problems with this.
The formula is very runny and watery. It bleeds out. And it applies far too sheer. I bought this in "001 Blackest Black" and one layer looks like a dark gray. It takes many layers to achieve the desired affect.
Thumbs down for this one. Would not re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by snels961

I wouldn't recommend this eyeliner. My eye routine has foundation and eyeshadow on first, and lastly eyeliner and then mascara.

This eyeliner will not go on over other makeup, and now that I've tried using it twice, it will not even apply before makeup. I think it absorbed other makeup and is ruined. It appears nice but does not go on nicely.

It was a waste of eight bucks.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2009 3:46:00 AM More reviews by canjice

I am one of those who cannot use the liquid liners in the pot containers. So, when I found these liner pens/markers, I was VERY excited. My first one was the Physician's Formula brand but it sucked so I switched to this one..which is just as bad!

Let me start with the good first though:
-I love the marker form..easy to handle and control.
-The felt tip was soft but solid enough to draw a nice, straight line. And it didn't dry out on me like the PF's did.

Now, the bad:
-THE FORMULA. I hate it. Its ColorStay formula is supposed to wear all day but one little tear from a yawn will wipe it all away. If it were WP, I'd probably reconsider...
-..But they'd need to change the color, too. Others have complained that it is really faint or gray--but mine comes off as a brown-black (it's supposed to be blackest black). It's not faint so I'm not that annoyed by it.

Unless they come out with WP or something, don't buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2009 1:22:00 AM More reviews by magicflakes

This eyeliner is not black at all. Way too watered down. Smudged on me. Tip was too hard and it actually hurt my eyelid when I tried to apply.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

I'm surprised by all the bad reviews, but then again I have "blackened brown" and not black. On me, this lasts incredibly well all day without smudging. I've been on long runs with this and it looks immaculate afterwards, although I haven't tested it in heavy rain. Usually I have to tip it downwards for a strong line, but application is so easy compared to others. I love this stuff! It's the best I've used besides Bobbi Brown's gel liner, which is my iron-clad favourite for rain and hot days. Impressive lack of smudging and clean line on this one. Maybe I won't go for the black!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 1:14:00 AM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This eyeliner sucks.

I love the look of liquid liner, and a kohl cat eye often ends up smudgy and too heavy for my liking. I decided to try out Revlon as a cheaper option over the MAC Penultimate & the Shiseido refillable penliner. I'm not a brand snob - I think there are a lot of drug store gems. This eyeliner is not one of them.

It is VERY easy to use. I was able to wing the liner without too much effort. Staying power seemed excellent - I had to break out the Lancome Bi-Facil when my HG equal parts J&J Baby Shampoo + H20 didn't get off all of the liner.

I bought it in Black [regular Black, not the Extreme Black or Blackest Black Revlon offers], due to the fact that black liners can look a bit harsh on my PPP skin. This however, is not black. Maybe applied over or under a Zero 24/7 pencil, topped with black shadow in the lashline, or something. But it took several layers to get this to look somewhat noticable on my N3 skin. Then of course, it became prone to smudgy, uneveness... but that maybe due to my frustration to see a charcoal grey lashline.

Anyways, if you're really looking to try pen-style liners, and expect drama, just get the Blackest Black one or whatever it's called. Don't make my mistake and be shy - unless you want a grey liner.