Essie Mademoiselle

4.4

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 3/8/2004 11:19:00 AM

I love this polish. It's the perfect color of pink, very subtle and clean. Not bubble gum-ish. In style says it is the perfect color pink for all skintypes and they were right.

on 1/3/2004 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

After hearing all the hype about Ballet Slippers being the "looks great on everyone" color, I bought it. It was entirely too chalky for my MMM skin, so I sought out another sheer pink polish and after trying several different shades of Essie's pale pink sheers (and there are a lot of pale pink sheer shades in this line), I finally found Mademoiselle. It's the perfect, almost indetectable, "non-color" shade for when I want something more than clear polish on my nails but still want a natural look. Like most of the Essie polishes, Mademoiselle goes on evenly and doesn't streak, dries very quickly, and stays on for days without a chip. Mademoiselle works well by itself or with a white tip for a French manicure look. Also, you can just slap one or two coats of this on and it will look great...it's really, really hard to screw this stuff up!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Have repurchased already. Most natural for french nails on hands, but requires Essie french manicure ridge filler underneath or else it is too pink.

on 10/23/2003 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

okay, i love the consistancy of this polish, goes on so smooth and so even, doesn't streak at all...PERFECT! wears really well, doesn't chip or peel, and is so super shiney! however that said, i am going to swap this specific shade. (mademoiselle) because even with two coats, it still looks like no more than clear polish on me. i will be going after different shades because i do love the quality of this brand. update jan 04: no matter how much i liked these polishes the more i wear them, they do not stay on my nails. the polish itself peels off. no matter what basecoat, what topcoat or using no basecoat or no topcoat. i must have reviewed these too fast, cause i earlier said they didn't chip or peel and i don't know what i was thinking. i know so many people love these, they do have great unique shades and do go on really smooth and even, but i won't buy another just cause i end up having to repaint my nails every day, or every other at the very least.

This is one of the few nail polishes I use. In the bottle it looks like a cotton candy pink but when first applied it goes on very sheer, second coat looks like a healthy skintone type pink, third coat looks like a pretty french manicure color, I'd buy again unless I find a cheaper drugstore alternative.

on 9/4/2003 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Wonderful, classic color. By itself, its sheer, femminine.. With Mashmallow, it becomes a timeless french manicure. The only combo I'll ever wear.
The color itself is a sheer, skintone pink. Goes on milky and creamy, dries fast and won't chip for at least a week on me.

on 8/13/2003 2:54:00 PM

I LOVE this color! It's the perfect sheer pink - I use one layer between base and top coats because I like as few coats as possible. Just a hint of color to make my nails look healthy but without calling attention to the fact I am wearing nail polish (plus I'm such a klutz that any thicker would show noticeable chips and dents, icky). I have time for manicures about 2x a month (if even), so I like my fingers to go with my wardrobe and go from the office to my nightlife (I do pick fun colors on the toes since I can choose when I reveal them), and Essie Mademoiselle accomplishes this beautifully for me.

on 8/9/2003 11:01:00 PM

I love this color. A VERY sheer pink that makes my nails look healthy and shiny. I use three layers to get the pink tint this polish gives.

on 7/25/2003 8:22:00 PM

Okay- my manicurist got annoyed with Essie Mademoiselle because of the inconsistency in the color. THis was after I switched from Delicacy because it changed to having a shimmer in it.....Now, Parisian Pink is the way to go....one coat Ballet SLipper and one coat Parisian Pink works well on fair blondes like me!

on 7/10/2003 4:42:00 PM

I just used this at the salon and I love it....very fresh, subtle pink ..sheer and antural but not clear.....will buy a bottle and use again and again!

Popular Polishes