September 21, 2014 | 1590 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2003 2:54:00 PM More reviews by missjujube

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this color! It's the perfect sheer pink - I use one layer between base and top coats because I like as few coats as possible. Just a hint of color to make my nails look healthy but without calling attention to the fact I am wearing nail polish (plus I'm such a klutz that any thicker would show noticeable chips and dents, icky). I have time for manicures about 2x a month (if even), so I like my fingers to go with my wardrobe and go from the office to my nightlife (I do pick fun colors on the toes since I can choose when I reveal them), and Essie Mademoiselle accomplishes this beautifully for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2003 11:01:00 PM More reviews by diva2themax

I love this color. A VERY sheer pink that makes my nails look healthy and shiny. I use three layers to get the pink tint this polish gives.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2003 8:22:00 PM More reviews by jabarras

Okay- my manicurist got annoyed with Essie Mademoiselle because of the inconsistency in the color. THis was after I switched from Delicacy because it changed to having a shimmer in it.....Now, Parisian Pink is the way to go....one coat Ballet SLipper and one coat Parisian Pink works well on fair blondes like me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2003 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Imanaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just used this at the salon and I love it....very fresh, subtle pink ..sheer and antural but not clear.....will buy a bottle and use again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2003 12:33:00 AM More reviews by RucaRita

This makes a great topcoat - it's so smooth and sheer, yet imparts just a slight bit of color and tons of shine. It's very natural and pretty on its own as well. Wonderful color, will be a staple along with Waltz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2003 9:24:00 PM More reviews by MissCastro1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only nail polish I will wear. When I first purchased it, I though it looked very pink...but when I put it on it looked great! It looks like the polish Cosmo Mag uses on every cover girl, a very natural pink. It's the best and only $4-$6 dollars.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2003 3:48:00 AM More reviews by leeyao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this Essie nail polish! After reading a rave by Ji Baek in a magazine, I chose this over Ballet Slippers (which I had tried on before and was too whitish for me), and I'm so happy I did! It is also my Holy Grail of natural-looking polish - kinda clear, but gives my nails a super-shiny, healthy pink tint. I only wear natural/nude shades, and this is my all-time favorite one. No streaks, so easy to apply. I gave myself a French manicure five days ago, and I can't believe I have no chips and the color is just as shiny as it was then - I haven't even needed to reapply a topcoat! Definitely worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2003 1:20:00 AM More reviews by ooliedonna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you want to put something on your nails that's not a color but not clear, Mademoiselle will give you a slightly pink, creamy tint. Lovely as a base for a french manicure or for a very subtle, polished look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2003 4:57:00 PM More reviews by plumduff

My favourite Essie polish. Much nicer than Ballet Slippers: doesn't streak at all. Works very well for a French Manicure.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2003 1:19:00 AM More reviews by chase

Looks like a bright marshmallow pink in the bottle but applies more sheerly, a your-nails-but-better look. 2 coats gives a natural pinkness to nails and a bit of shine.