April 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2003 1:20:00 AM More reviews by ooliedonna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you want to put something on your nails that's not a color but not clear, Mademoiselle will give you a slightly pink, creamy tint. Lovely as a base for a french manicure or for a very subtle, polished look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2003 4:57:00 PM More reviews by plumduff

My favourite Essie polish. Much nicer than Ballet Slippers: doesn't streak at all. Works very well for a French Manicure.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2003 1:19:00 AM More reviews by chase

Looks like a bright marshmallow pink in the bottle but applies more sheerly, a your-nails-but-better look. 2 coats gives a natural pinkness to nails and a bit of shine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2003 10:44:00 PM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

ooh lá lá! such a pretty pretty color...almost clear..but not really. gives my nails a very natural, beautiful, manicured look..and this stuff really lasts too! even after a couple days of swimming..it doesn't chip...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2003 7:37:00 PM More reviews by jewong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The most gorgeous pale pink that makes your nails look super-healthy. VERY sheer. I am usually horrible at applying nail polish, but not a streak in sight!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2003 4:56:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It looks kinda bright in the bottle but it's described as a "fluffy pink" and it is indeed very nice. It's understated when on nails and lovely for everyday. For $6 it's well worth it.

Update 2/28/13: just got a new bottle and it is as pretty as ever. A classic for all situations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2003 10:41:00 PM More reviews by smee123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A good nail polish. Almost clear and very shiny. Mine was a little streaky, but I guess I got a bad one. Overall, I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2003 12:47:00 PM More reviews by supko

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first Essie polish...and I think I'm a convert! A very sheer pale blue-based pink. I applied three coats and can see the color, yet it still looks very natural. *Incredible* shine w/o a topcoat -- I am impressed. I did my nails last night, so I can't comment on chipping or long-wear. Can't wait to get some more, esp. at the price of 4.99 at the beauty supply store!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2003 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Spanola28

This is one of the three Essie polishes I stockpile religiously. It's a bit more pigmented than Ballet Slippers and is in the same light milky pink family. Gives more of pink tint too. I guess all Essie polishes wear extra-long but I tend to stick to the nudes so i can't speak for the dark colors. Mademoiselle is version of Ballet Slippers for medium skin. So if Ballet Slippers was too light/white-ish for your taste but you want to stay in the same color family, try Mademoiselle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2003 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Rayvenn

My favorite - "no nail polish" polish. I get many compliments on my nails when weraing this color because people think this is my natural nail color. A perfect sheer pink shade - I wear this all the time and will never be without it!