December 20, 2014 | 1645 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by BohoBelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE MORROCANOIL!!! It has to be the specific Morrocanoil brand though, In the brown bottle with the blue label. I have used this for 3 years. I have noticed a significant change in the texture of my hair. It has a lot less breakage and the shine is amazing. I have strayed away and tried other products (Marakkesh Argan Oil and even Chi Silk Infusion) The Marrakesh Argan Oil was too thick and heavy. The Chi Silk Infusion felt great, but after flat ironing my hair, I noticed a lot of breakage. It was making my hair drier and frying it instead of being a heat protectant. I will never stray away from Morrocanoil again. It is my HG product. By the way, my hair is shoulder length, relaxed, highlighted, and lowlighted. (a lot of Chemical Processing) I also blow dry and flat iron once per week. So this stuff is a life saver for the integrity of my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

HYPED UP CRAP - Picked this up and instantly fell in love with the fragrance. I put some in between my fingers and also loved the consistency so I bought it to see how it would work with my hair. I'd never heard of it before but was sold primarily on the scent.
Overall it's nothing special for my hair. It actually felt greasy when I put it on my hair but then seemed to soak in well and dissipate somewhat but it did nothing extraordinary that would make me purchase it again. It's way overpriced, but it was worth a shot. Now i'd like to try the pure Argun oil to see the real difference.

1 MONTH LATER
I tried this once the day when I bought and wasn't impressed as stated above but decided to try it again to see how it matched up against my own hair mix of (amounts in order)100% pure shea butter ($5), olive oil ($6 supermarket food section), castor oil and pure coconut oil ($8 Whole Foods). I usually add a few drops of sweet orange oil and glycerin. The reason why i'm listing these ingredients is to show that all them bought TOGETHER cost less than ONE bottle of Morrocan oil so I figured for the price on this one bottle the product would be mind blowing as the reviews stated.
Quick update. My hair mix is the bomb. It leaves my 4b hair soft, moisturized and I can use it also to flat iron my hair without using any heat protectant as long as there is castor oil in the mix. As it's the day before hair wash I decided to run a little Moroccan oil through the middle and ends of my pony tail and wow, what a dissapointment. After 5 minutes my hair felt dry, coated (probably the cones in it) and like crap. Yes it smelled nice but my hair was having none of it. The next morning i felt little bumps on my scalp. It was clogging my pores big time. SO NO, I won't be using it as a deep conditioner (plain old olive oil mixed with any protein conditioner works best for that) or using it again. This product is a rip off. For the price I could have just bought pure Argan oil which i'm sure wouldn't have produced the same results.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by tituch123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loooooove this oil. It is full of silicones, no doubt about it. But it works wonderfully on my damaged and "thirsty" hair. It is a great detangler too. After using it on and off for a few months, my hair looks better than the millions of other products I've tried. It is a keeper, although I wish it would control my frizz a bit better. Will definitely continue to purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by asilanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells like a vacation in hawaii, actually more like that hawaiian tanning oil lol (literally) smells like a coconut dream, it smells very creamy and soft. The smell alone is what draws me into it however it does leave your hair feeling very shine and soft, especially after a shower (hair washed) and blow dried. It is crazy expensive but what do you expect, it is of high quality, the packaging sucks because you have to pour it out at your own risk haha, there no pump/tube so if you pour too much try putting some back, also if you apply too much, it will leave your hair feeling greasy. i love this and will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by hayzee79

I bought this product out of desperation. I have always struggled with frizzy hair, not really really frizzy, but enough to NEVER leave the house with out using my ghd's. I have tried lots of different products, Keratase oleo relax etc... and had given up on finding something that really smoothed my hair out. I've been thinking about buying this oil for a while, but thought it would end up being another expensive product that didn't work. But my hair had been soo dry and horrible recently that on a particually bad hair day I bought it on a whim. It really smoothed my hair out and after blow drying, I could now leave the house without the ghds. It doesn't make my hair super shiney, but definately looks healthier and gets rid of frizz, which is more than any other product has done!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by goldenxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After syling applying to ends it really does add moisture and some shine without looking oily. The smell is okay some people love it either way it doesnt linger on your hair. The moroccan oil can also be used as a deep conditioner I only put it on the bottom half of my hair leave it for about 20min then shamp/lightly cond (or spray a leave in instead)
I read somewhere that Kim Kardashian uses this to mend her split ends no idea if there is truth to this BUT i did apply it to ends for a few min before showering and noticed a very slight difference maybe if done often it really does help to repair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works, but I am really not impressed. I achieve better results with 100% Organic Argan Oil, and if you buy the organic form you can use it on hair, skin, and nails. Argan Oil alone is expensive, but this brand is just a repackaged way overpriced form of it diluted with unnecessary chemical preservatives, and I don't like that the ingredients include silicones which temporarily smooth but can cause build up on the hair and block out nutrients over time. And while there are some water soluble silicones that dont require harsh sulfates for removal, they must be chemically modified, usually indicated by a "PEG-12" or something like that in front of it. The dimethicone used in this Morrocan Oil is not water soluble. Sorry, but I have to give this 1.5 lippies. And I am usually a pretty positive rater.

Before investing in this, my advice would be to consider trying the organic version first. Argan Oil's composition is small enough to penetrate the hair shaft without sitting on top of it (which makes hair feel incredibly soft without feeling "greasy"), can be used with heat as a hot oil treatment, can be added to your favorite conditioners for extra moisturizing during those cold harsh winter months, and protects ends from drying out/breakage leading to fewer needs for trims and helping to grow out hair. When used on skin for oily/combo types, has anti-inflammatory/aging properties, helps to regulate oil production (reducing acne for many, believe it or not!), prevents wrinkles, and helps skin heal after chemical procedures. You can apply to skin after showering.

Argan Oil is truly amazing - read the reviews on it here or google all the uses. After years of spending thousands of dollars on high end products, I am learning in my age that it's almost always better performance to go right to the original source and it will often have numerous uses. There is a very high end market of those types of products too. Either way, its about half the price of this MorrocanOil brand for twice the amount of product. Good luck! :o)

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by mandy412

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thick curly hair and I've been using this product for about 6 months. My hair had been really dull. I just recently got my hair highlighted and my stylist said my hair has looked the best that it has in ages and that my ends were strong. I grew up old school using grease and while I haven't used grease in ages, I never could find that right product that moisturized my hair without it beign greasy. This strikes the perfect balance for me. It is well worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by MelissaPruett

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's not cheap and it would be easier to use if it was in a squirt bottle but I can't live without it. I have tried everything and this stuff adds the extra moisture without the heavy build up. The good news is a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by shar037

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for 3 years and will never stop. Right now I have in extensions and this stuff saves the ends. Some stylists say not to use it with extensions because it could make the bonds slip, but I have no problem.
Did I mention that the fragrance is intoxicating...ambrosia.
Some reviewers stated concerns about using silicone a.k.a. Dimethicone in their hair. The deal with this is that it really depends on what type of Dimethicone is used. Some are heavier in weight and can cause buildup. Ex: Pantene
But for the most part, unless you have an allergy silica, it is harmless and basically protects the hair shaft from loss of moisture. The result is soft hair, longer lasting color and shine. The use of Silica dates back to Egyptian times so it is a time honored beauty staple.
Definitely be light handed when using this. Otherwise your hair will be will be grease city. Only apply this to the ends of your hair. When you brush, it will migrate up.
Dual purpose: use this on your cuticles! Seriously, I live in Minnesota where it gets 20 below. I wet my hands, pat dry, and when skin is still slightly damp, rub this on my cuticles before bed. The results have been miraculous.
And seriously...I am a tough sell:)