September 22, 2014 | 1214 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by mandy412

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thick curly hair and I've been using this product for about 6 months. My hair had been really dull. I just recently got my hair highlighted and my stylist said my hair has looked the best that it has in ages and that my ends were strong. I grew up old school using grease and while I haven't used grease in ages, I never could find that right product that moisturized my hair without it beign greasy. This strikes the perfect balance for me. It is well worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by MelissaPruett

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's not cheap and it would be easier to use if it was in a squirt bottle but I can't live without it. I have tried everything and this stuff adds the extra moisture without the heavy build up. The good news is a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by shar037

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for 3 years and will never stop. Right now I have in extensions and this stuff saves the ends. Some stylists say not to use it with extensions because it could make the bonds slip, but I have no problem.
Did I mention that the fragrance is intoxicating...ambrosia.
Some reviewers stated concerns about using silicone a.k.a. Dimethicone in their hair. The deal with this is that it really depends on what type of Dimethicone is used. Some are heavier in weight and can cause buildup. Ex: Pantene
But for the most part, unless you have an allergy silica, it is harmless and basically protects the hair shaft from loss of moisture. The result is soft hair, longer lasting color and shine. The use of Silica dates back to Egyptian times so it is a time honored beauty staple.
Definitely be light handed when using this. Otherwise your hair will be will be grease city. Only apply this to the ends of your hair. When you brush, it will migrate up.
Dual purpose: use this on your cuticles! Seriously, I live in Minnesota where it gets 20 below. I wet my hands, pat dry, and when skin is still slightly damp, rub this on my cuticles before bed. The results have been miraculous.
And seriously...I am a tough sell:)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by tanyafournel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Its an ok product. Doesn't do much to my hair really aside from smelling really good. I get a lot of static when i use any of their product, this doesn;t help either. I wouldn't buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by thefashionlife

this is my favorite haor product i have really curly thin air and after i started using this product my hair as shown such improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by eks91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased a 100ml bottle for around 30 at my salon. I must say, I love this product. It has really helped me in growing out my pixie cut into past shoulder length hair. I have always had compliments on my hair (which surprises me as normally I am either trying to grow it out or it is in dire need of a trim!) My hair dries faster with it and I can't stop feeling it when I use it! I feel a bit mislead when I read the ingredients as I'd much prefer to buy pure argan oil. I would buy again, as the product is good quality - although if I got pure argan oil I'd use that instead with no hesitation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by LanoTheWhale

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Makes my hair unbelievably soft
-Saved the ends of my hair
-Makes my hair dry much faster
-Defines my normally frizzy curls after brushing my hair out in the morning

Cons:
-The packaging
-The price

I either use this if I shower in the morning, after I get out and towel dry my hair. I let it soak into my hair for a while, and then brush it out, and it dries beautifully. Another way I use it is if I shower at night, and then just fall asleep on my wet hair (or braid it first), in the morning I brush it out, which usually makes it frizz out. I run this through my hair and it makes my curls defines and shiny. Last way is if its my second day without washing my hair, I'll a liberal amount of baby powder through my scalp, braid my hair, then wake up brush out my hair, and put some of the moroccan oil through my hair. any of these ways makes my hair look amazing. I have very dead ends, but I don't want to cut them much because I'm trying to grow out my hair. After about a month of use my hair is sooo much healthier at the ends. Definitely a holy grail item for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by hay4191

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is okay. That's all I can say really.
The Pros?
- It does make my hair dry faster, probably takes 2/3 of time to blow dry now.

Cons?
- don't really see any decrease in frizziness (I have thick wavy bleach blonde hair)
- It doesnt really make my hair look healthier
- No matter how much I use my never feels greasy... but also hardly feels moisturised! My hair still feels dryish even after using a HEAP of this stuff.
- The glass bottle means you have to be so careful not to drop/knock it over
- I don't feel it provides thermal protection either

lol now I think about it I don't really like this product, except it makes my hair dry quicker, honestly I have used better products which I literally bought for 1/5 of the price of this stuff.

But I have heard SO many people say it works for them, *sigh* lucky girls... I wish this had worked for me... maybe try a sample size before you go and spend $50 on the whole bottle.

xx

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by ajhartman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing! I have used BioSilk for years, but I will never go back. Not only does my hair have more shine, but it's easier to style and I swear my color hasn't changed since I got highlights a few months ago.

One warning- DO NOT USE TOO MUCH! I have long, thick, wavy hair and I use about a dime size amount.
Also, apply only to the ends of your hair and as you style the oill will work its way up the hair. I find that my hair looks oily if I put it even two inches from my roots.

The only thing I wish was different about this bottle is the packaging. I really wish it was in a pump because I'm always scared I'm going to knock it off the counter and lose all that expensive product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by OMGLookAtHerButt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my God the SMELL! Amazing!
The oil itself somehow helps my hair dry faster without weighing it down or making it look greasy.
Can't say much about how well it helps damaged hair because mine isn't in bad shape to begin with, but it does make it feel nice.
Really expensive though. I stopped using it because its all silicones!