April 24, 2014 | 1925 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by eks91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased a 100ml bottle for around 30 at my salon. I must say, I love this product. It has really helped me in growing out my pixie cut into past shoulder length hair. I have always had compliments on my hair (which surprises me as normally I am either trying to grow it out or it is in dire need of a trim!) My hair dries faster with it and I can't stop feeling it when I use it! I feel a bit mislead when I read the ingredients as I'd much prefer to buy pure argan oil. I would buy again, as the product is good quality - although if I got pure argan oil I'd use that instead with no hesitation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by LanoTheWhale

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Makes my hair unbelievably soft
-Saved the ends of my hair
-Makes my hair dry much faster
-Defines my normally frizzy curls after brushing my hair out in the morning

Cons:
-The packaging
-The price

I either use this if I shower in the morning, after I get out and towel dry my hair. I let it soak into my hair for a while, and then brush it out, and it dries beautifully. Another way I use it is if I shower at night, and then just fall asleep on my wet hair (or braid it first), in the morning I brush it out, which usually makes it frizz out. I run this through my hair and it makes my curls defines and shiny. Last way is if its my second day without washing my hair, I'll a liberal amount of baby powder through my scalp, braid my hair, then wake up brush out my hair, and put some of the moroccan oil through my hair. any of these ways makes my hair look amazing. I have very dead ends, but I don't want to cut them much because I'm trying to grow out my hair. After about a month of use my hair is sooo much healthier at the ends. Definitely a holy grail item for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by hay4191

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is okay. That's all I can say really.
The Pros?
- It does make my hair dry faster, probably takes 2/3 of time to blow dry now.

Cons?
- don't really see any decrease in frizziness (I have thick wavy bleach blonde hair)
- It doesnt really make my hair look healthier
- No matter how much I use my never feels greasy... but also hardly feels moisturised! My hair still feels dryish even after using a HEAP of this stuff.
- The glass bottle means you have to be so careful not to drop/knock it over
- I don't feel it provides thermal protection either

lol now I think about it I don't really like this product, except it makes my hair dry quicker, honestly I have used better products which I literally bought for 1/5 of the price of this stuff.

But I have heard SO many people say it works for them, *sigh* lucky girls... I wish this had worked for me... maybe try a sample size before you go and spend $50 on the whole bottle.

xx

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by ajhartman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing! I have used BioSilk for years, but I will never go back. Not only does my hair have more shine, but it's easier to style and I swear my color hasn't changed since I got highlights a few months ago.

One warning- DO NOT USE TOO MUCH! I have long, thick, wavy hair and I use about a dime size amount.
Also, apply only to the ends of your hair and as you style the oill will work its way up the hair. I find that my hair looks oily if I put it even two inches from my roots.

The only thing I wish was different about this bottle is the packaging. I really wish it was in a pump because I'm always scared I'm going to knock it off the counter and lose all that expensive product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by OMGLookAtHerButt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my God the SMELL! Amazing!
The oil itself somehow helps my hair dry faster without weighing it down or making it look greasy.
Can't say much about how well it helps damaged hair because mine isn't in bad shape to begin with, but it does make it feel nice.
Really expensive though. I stopped using it because its all silicones!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2011 7:14:00 AM More reviews by sandybeety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BE WARNED, THIS PRODUCT IS FULL OF SILICONE JUST LIKE CHEAP SUPERMARKET HAIR PRODUCTS!, thats how it makes it instantly smooth although it DOES make a wonderful smoothing serum as soon as you wash it out your hair goes back to how it was, i dont kno if it has enough argan oil to nourish your hair.i felt very mislead when i read the ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by ambarlovesmakeup

Amazing!!! Best hair product ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is AMAZING!!!! I have been using this for about three years and I don't see myself w/o it. It is lightweight and moisturizes like a dream. FYI I also get the raw Argan oil straight from Morocco when my husband returns from visiting his parents. The organic version is much richer and thicker and I use it as a hot oil treatment, whereas this industrialized version is more suitable as a leave in. I use a quarter size amount for my mid back length hair focusing it on the tips. My hair turns out very shiny and healthy looking w/o weighing it down. Highly, highly recommend this product. Yes it is pricey, but all the cents worth it. The regular size bottle lasts me over a year so it is not that bad when you think of all the use you get out of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by chloeincolour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There was/is SO much hype about this product, but I think there are better oils out there! This one smells SO AMAZING and it really helps your hair dry faster, but this didn't make my hair feel luscious the way the Joico K-Pak Styling Oil did! Beware, this can make you break out! Wash your hands after you use this! This product didn't hydrate nor strengthen my hair, I didn't really like this, but the scent is pleasant :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate to rain on the Moroccan Oil parade, but I could just not make this product work for me. I received a sample size vial of this from my hair stylist several months ago and he suggested that I use about a quarter-size amount for my hair length, type and texture (shoulder-length, naturally curly and coarse). I did just that, felt that it was a little too much for my hair and started to experiment with decreasing the amount. While I like the incredible shine this added, I felt that no matter how little I used, it was heavy in my hair and actually weighed my curls down. I also found that this made my hair maybe a little too soft as I would have terrible static flyaways all over my head. I am also writing this review because I wanted to clarify a possible misconception about something a previous reviewer wrote about the "light" version of Moroccan Oil. I too was thinking that this was just a lighter version of the original and that it might work a little better for me, but my hair stylist explained to me that the light version is actually for people with very fine and/or light-colored hair. He said that the original version tends to be too heavy for people with very fine hair and that it can darken light-colored hair. Therefore, the same product with a lighter consistency and color was created. Since it seems both the original and light version will not work for me, Moroccan Oil will not make it to my list of things to purchase.