December 21, 2014 | 1915 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love to use this as a highlighter over blushes and bronzers. Gives a beautiful light to enhance cheekbones and really make skin glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by elissa1017

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! It is so pretty and shimmery. It adds such a nice glow to my skin (NC20) and accentuates my cheekbones. I will definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 6:43:00 AM More reviews by xMzxPrEcIoUsx

Soft and Gentle is a Mineralize Skinfinish. It is described as a gilded peach bronze. I see it as a champagne or shiny skin color when swatched on my fingers. It is shimmery and glowy. I use this as a highlighter and I am impressed. I also have MAC Iridescent Powder/Pressed in Belightful and NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross... but none of them match up to this as a highlighter. Belightful depended too much on glitters to give that glow effect and plus it's a lot duller than Soft and Gentle. Albatross was nice, but it has more of a goldish color to it and it's not shiny/shimmery enough for my taste. This MSF has long lasting power, which may last me at least four hours. I would put it near my temples, highest point of my cheeks or on top of my blush, bridge of my nose (but not on the tip of it), and on my chin. It really makes me glow... even at night when light is minimal! As usual, highlighters may cause your skin to look blotchy if it's not smooth underneath, but Soft and Gentle looks the best given that fact. Once you use this, you will not go back. I'm definitely going to repurchase once I run out but two swipes is all you need to glow! This is not LE either, which is a plus! I would definitely recommend this highlighter to everyone.

Here is a picture of me wearing Soft and Gentle:
continued >>

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by H3LL0K1TTY

I went to MAC essentially looking for a nice blush with a nice glow or shimmer to it, and ended up with the soft and gentle. The MAC girl said she applies it on top of her make up everyday for a nice glow, she put some on me and I was hesitant at first cause I was still looking for a nice blush, but ended up buying the soft and gentle, and it offers a nice fresh finish :) So now I apply my blush/bronzer and apply the MSF over my cheeks for a nice glow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Seraphic

I love love LOVE this colour! I was hoping to find a goldish colour that wouldn't be too dark (I missed New Vegas and I am not willing to shell out the hefty price tag on ebay for it) and this seemed like a beautiful colour. Boy is it ever! I am NC30 and it shows up as a beautiful soft buttery gold on my cheeks (Not too light/ too dark)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by pootiebear1031

I went to the MAC counter looking for So Ceylon but they were sold out. I asked the MAC SA was there another mineralize skinfinish similiar to So Ceylon and he recommended Soft and Gentle. Well Soft and Gentle is not similiar at all to So Ceylon. Soft and Gentle is very light and transparent on my NC42 skin. It shows up as mostly a silver shimmery highlighter. Soft and Gentle is described as being a gilded peach bronze. I usually use this on my cheekbones and also dust it on my forehhead chin and nose to highlight certain areas of my face. I like Soft and Gentle but it is not a replacement for So Ceylon.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by xjennlee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This MSF is a great highlighter. I've used countless drugstore brands, MAC 'What a Dame' highlighter powder and NARS Albatross before, but I found them to be somewhat invisible on my cheeks (NC30 for reference!) and chalky without much lasting power. I was on the search for a something that wouldn't be too glittery but provided enough color to make my cheeks "stand out" and this is the winner! Using my 168, I gently swipe the product on top of my cheeks and a bit on my T-zone area as well. If you put too much, your face will look too shiny but with a light hand, your face definitely just glows beautifully both indoors & outdoors : ) The color in the pan looks brown but it is actually a very light beige with tad bit of white when applied - so pretty! I was a bit hesitant to purchase this since it's somewhat pricey ($27) but I think it's worth the price since I won't be buying or needing any other highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by 0oHannaho0

OMG! This msf is just so great! It gives you such a nice glowy look!
I use it like a highlighter all the time, and it just add that "final touch" to your make-up. My mom has it too, and she loves it too. :p
I do have to say that when you are sitting in direct sunlight, your face could look a little "glittery".
But I think that this is a great product overall.
xx

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by kittylounger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i just got this msf and i really like it. i used it as a highlighter and also to highlight my brow bone. it looked great! its a nice soft shimmer and i use the 129 brush. i always think prices are a lil high, but always but their stuff anyways!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by kathybe113

im so in love with this product!! so glad this fell in my hands...i use it everyday and people say that i seem to glow:) its not too sparkley like what i'd expected so i'll definiely repurchase..thank god its a permanent item:)