MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

4.1

Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palminate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Yeast Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Minerals

on 5/9/2009 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I originally bought this because in the pan, it looks like a peachy/bronzey/light gold color. I think I also gave into the MSF craze a little :-) Well when I got Redhead MSF I really changed my mind on this product, because I saw how nice MSFs can really be. I barely ever use this, and when I do it's because I'm forcing myself to. It shows up SILVER on me. Yes, silver. Not peachy, not bronze, not gold. It's very cool and stands out against my skin. Also, it's very frosty. Now, normally I like shimmery and frosty highlights for my face, but this is too much. WAYYY to much. If I could still return this, I would, but I may just use it for back to mac.

on 4/27/2009 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really really like this product!! It gives me a great glow and is also really amazing for obviously highlighting. It has a really nice sheen to it and is pretty colorless once applied to your face. I love how it looks too product wise..it's so pretty :) Definitely worth the investment! First MSF product..but not my last. I am a NC 30 btw ;)

on 4/20/2009 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first MSF, and I absolutely love it. I bought it because I needed a good highlighter, and this is perfect for me. It has absolutely NO colour...I don't know why it's described as peachy on the MAC website. I brush this on my cheekbones, browbones and nose to give my skin a beautiful glow. Be careful though...too much will make you look like a disco ball. I find that tapping my brush after swirling it in the pan eliminates this problem. I love this so much, and to top it all off, it hasn't irritated my sensitive skin :). It is slightly on the expensive side, but a little goes a long way so I don't really mind.

on 4/19/2009 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

just tried it.. peachy pinkish bronze sounded like my cup of tea.. so i was tempted to buy it.. but i thought better to try it before i spend the money on it.. indoors i looked fine but somehow in the natural light i looked like a discoball... now i am apologizing to albatross and returning to it and i will never leave it...

on 4/19/2009 5:36:00 AM

i love this
i've been using nars albatross and im happy with it,but i prefer soft and gentle.
it gives more of a dewy look,while nars is more golden like.

on 4/17/2009 11:24:00 PM

love this as highlighter. be careful as this can be too frosty. but a little on the cheekbones and nose bridge totally brighten up the look. good for lighter skin tone (i'm NC20)

on 4/17/2009 9:03:00 PM

Soft and Gentle is a bronze coloured HSF with rivets of champagne and gold running through it. My particular one seems to be coated in sparkling champagne ribbons. Its a permanent edition to the MAC range, so you don't have to hunt it down. Applied correctly, you get a lovely bronzy glow to your cheeks; applied wrongly and you'll look like a disco ball.

When I purchased it, the nice man at the MAC counter sat me down and powdered this on my cheeks using a 187. He was saying, "it'll give you a nice glow, put it on your temples and on the top of your cheeks", he then looked at me with a warning glance and said "don't over apply, and be careful which brush you use... or else you'll look like a mound of white ghostly glitter"

So, I was adequately warned, and went home the next day to try this. A brush that is too loose will only get you glitter. Applied with your fingers you get a subtle golden glow (similar to NARS Albatross). What I do is use my Too Faced Kabuki retractable brush. I bring up the retractable bit so the brush is firmer, and swirl it in the pan (on that note, I was first stunned as to the amount of product that gets picked up. This thing will last you forever). I then loosen the brush and buff my cheekbones and temples. Voila, perfect glow.

Was dying to try perfect topping... but you know, as this is a perm, If I fall in love with it, it won't involve any pain for me later.

on 4/15/2009 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was my first msf :). I really liked it on me. I have tried it on my mom and sister-in-law and it looks great on them too. I usually put in on top of my blush if I want to give it a little extra shimmer.

on 4/15/2009 10:30:00 AM

I love this. I'm NC15 and this is a great alternative to NARS Albatross as a highlighter. I sweep it on the very top of my cheekbones, top of my forehead, and down my nose for a pretty glow. I wore it to my birthday party and everyone complimented me on how glowy and pretty it looked! I use this nearly every day and will definitely repurchase.

on 4/15/2009 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

ACK! Freaky frosty metallic no no no! Not cute on my NC20 skin. It looked foiled and funky. No thanks.

Top Rated MAC Products