MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

4.1

I LOVE this! I apply it on the tip of my nose, over my blush on my cheekbones, and lightly dusted on my forehead. It gives me this AMAZING glow, that just makes me look alive haha. I apply it with my fingers on my cheeks to give some of that light bronze color with shimmer. If i apply with a brush then its just pure glitter. This will last forever!

on 3/21/2009 9:08:00 AM

I won't buy this again because I feel like I've got enough product for a LONG, LONG time !

I'm an NC15 and I was afraid, judging by the pictures, that this would look too "bronzey" for me but it is actually quite sheer and works great as a highlighter, or to give you an all -over glow. I wouldn't wear it in, say, winter time, but this will be great for spring and summer, maybe early fall too.
It's a good price for all the product you get, IMO. It's not a must-have MSF though, I'm pretty sure that there are more interesting ones out there that I have yet to try. It works way better as an highlighter than the shimmery white you get when you buy an MSF Duo Natural+Shimmer, this is way more more subtle and gives you more of a sheen rather than a sparkly mess.

on 3/20/2009 1:11:00 AM

I bought this based on the photo in this review with the pretty asian girl's cheekbones floating around my head as I headed to the mac store. On me, this is nothing compared to Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips that is $15 less!! MSF is chalky and doesn't have enough "glow" compared to Physician's Formula. Sure, Physician's Formula is a DS brand blah blah but its quality is BETTER than mac's soft and gentle MSF and is cheaper + lasts longer with a better range of colours. I use Physician's Formula in Malibu Strip and Miami Strip, which imparts a gorgeous glow (SEE MY PICs!).

Although Soft and Gentle is nice, it is NOT worth the money!! You get more with physician's formula, and with PF you can use them as eyeshadow too, and the formula is CREAMY vs msf, which is chalky and flakes off when you brush your brush over it. Sorry, but this is going back to the mac store.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What's a PPP goil to do? Anything w/ "bronzer" colours in it makes my skin just look dirty (yes: even the mildest bronze tones)-- & peach colours either don't show up at all (such as in NARS' over-rated "O" blush); or when they do, they look utterly orange-y & false. [Actually, I notice that to be true about peach shades on LOTS of women, btw: not just those-of-us-with-the-ultra-pale-skin!) "Soft & Gentle" sounds like it's the closest colour to anything from this line that would work for a PPP -- but a "peachy-pink w/bronzer"? I can't beleve it'll work on milk-white skin (see why in above comments.) Will someone convince me otherwise, please -- i.e., any OTHER PPP's OUT THERE for whom this TRULY worked, including when examined under real sunlight? Many thanks, for so far I'm utterly disappointed! NB: Even though real-true PPP's, comparatively speaking, are a much rarer group than any other skin tone in the USA (yet look at girls/women in places like Finland, Sweden, Iceland, & Celtic countries, & you'll find we're the MAJORITY for once), PPP's are't SO rare in the U.S. that MAC & the other companies should ignore us as much as they do... but alas.... Thing is, as the PPP's make loud & clear here on MUA & other similar sites, I too LOVE my skin-colour, & absolutely wouldn't change it for the world! However I certainly would indeed appreciate a little more acknowledgement -- in the form of more appropriately-coloured products -- from the cosmetic companies. They'd MAKE money -- not lose it!

on 3/18/2009 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this as a highlighter. I wear it almost every day lately, and the 165 brush is wonderful to use with it. I'm NC35 for reference and it just gives me a nice restful glow. Gorgeous.

on 3/14/2009 3:35:00 PM

I caved in and bought this, my secontd MSF (first is petticoat) I was sceptic because i thought it would just be a glitter mess, but i was surprised. It gives my skin this amazing glow. Its a little pale bronze color with shimmer. I use this on the tip of my nose, my cheekbones, and lightly across my forehead. Its the most amazing product that i own so far. It gives my face this amazing glow that makes me look way prettier haha. Even my mom commented right away :) This will last me a long time, and its not LE. thank god!!!

on 3/9/2009 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got this because I broke my Verve-Acious from the Fafi line, and figured this would be close. It's not -- at all.

Where Verve-acious deposited fun color and a sheen of glitter in a beautiful, face-highlighting color, this sits on the skin and gives it almost a greasy shine.

I've learned how to use a bigger, looser blush just to give me more of a sun-kissed look, but overall I'm disappointed at the finish it leaves on my skin.

UPDATE: After applying this with a bigger brush, and not my old Kabuki brush, I wound up loving the very subtle glowing affect it gave my skin. Still not my favorite face powder, but much better than I first thought.

on 3/7/2009 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love to use this as a highlighter over blushes and bronzers. Gives a beautiful light to enhance cheekbones and really make skin glow.

on 3/7/2009 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this! It is so pretty and shimmery. It adds such a nice glow to my skin (NC20) and accentuates my cheekbones. I will definitely buy this again!

Soft and Gentle is a Mineralize Skinfinish. It is described as a gilded peach bronze. I see it as a champagne or shiny skin color when swatched on my fingers. It is shimmery and glowy. I use this as a highlighter and I am impressed. I also have MAC Iridescent Powder/Pressed in Belightful and NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross... but none of them match up to this as a highlighter. Belightful depended too much on glitters to give that glow effect and plus it's a lot duller than Soft and Gentle. Albatross was nice, but it has more of a goldish color to it and it's not shiny/shimmery enough for my taste. This MSF has long lasting power, which may last me at least four hours. I would put it near my temples, highest point of my cheeks or on top of my blush, bridge of my nose (but not on the tip of it), and on my chin. It really makes me glow... even at night when light is minimal! As usual, highlighters may cause your skin to look blotchy if it's not smooth underneath, but Soft and Gentle looks the best given that fact. Once you use this, you will not go back. I'm definitely going to repurchase once I run out but two swipes is all you need to glow! This is not LE either, which is a plus! I would definitely recommend this highlighter to everyone.

Here is a picture of me wearing Soft and Gentle: