April 18, 2014 | 1897 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know how everyone else is using this, but this is a fantastic highlighter for dark skin tones. I'm NC50ish (i think) and I find this to be an amazing thing for contouring the nose and cheeks.

For the nose, I do line down the center and use darker blush around the edges. For my checks, I apply this to the high apple and fade it into whichever cheek color I'm using that day.

HUGE FYI: This is EXACTLY the same color as Shimpage. If you have Shimpage, do not get this one unless you're a collector. I will say that the texture of this is much better that Shimpagne though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Laurice928

HG highlighter!! I used to use Belightful IPP as a highlighter but sometimes it can be too chunky or glittery but now ive found a better alternative! Soft and Gentle is soo luxurious it smooth and feels butter just like everyone else says.. not chunky like past MSFs ive tried. i love it! i use it on my cheek bones and under my brown bone as well. best when i apply it with my 187 or a dense e/s brush under my brown bown. it layers nicely too.. with belightful sometimes it would be overload and id have a glowy splotch on my face even when i used a light hand but with soft and gentle it applies evenly and i can layer more on if i want.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by StrawberryJuice

OMG. LOVE. This is what I wanted Nars Albatross to be. That's nice too but this one gives a buttery, smooth, gleam. It is not chunky, chalky, over the top glittery. It is quite shimmery but that's how I like it. I put it on the tops of my cheeks and it blends in like a dream. I make a C from the top of my eyebrows and under my eyes on my cheekbone. I looked so healthy and like I have radiant skin. Try it, it may be your new love. I'm NC 15 if that helps.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am usually not a fan of these MSF things. Quite honestly I dont understand the craze. Most make me look all kinds of sweaty and make me itch. However, this one is a gorgeous highlighter and the only other MSF I've ever kept. The other one was So Ceylon. This one is what I wanted Shimpagne to be like on my skintone. Shimpagne made me look like I had white frosty chalk on my face...not the look I was going for. This one has more golden tones to it so it it works fabulously as a highlighter where needed - top of cheekbones, center of forehead, down bridge of my nose, without looking too over the top and def. without that sweaty look. I'm an NC45 by the way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2008 4:11:00 AM More reviews by alka1

To the reviewer below me - neutral MSFs like this one are not meant to deliver color to the face - they are supposed to enhance glow and leave a "Mineralized" look. The color payoff depends on your skintone obviously. Neutral colors such as 'Soft and Gentle' are perfect for those of us who want a hint of color and glow - if you want color, then get a bronzer or blush.
---
Soft and Gentle is a wonderful MSF. Soft, glowy, and buttery as described by other reviewers. It applies wonderfully and blends like a dream, leaving behind a hint of peachy beige and a beautiful glow. The shimmer is very fine and looks beautiful. I apply with either a #187 brush, 181, or 116.
Again, if you want a neutral MSF that delivers a hint of peachy-golden color, this is for you. A very beautiful and natural glowy look. I'm NC30-35 for reference. Get this, you won't regret it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Pinklipssstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I fell in love w/Petticoat and figured I'd start collecting MSF's. I got this one because it said it was a "peachy bronze"--I didn't see any "peachy-ness" in this stuff! And on my face, it just looks like glitter...not even a sheer color. So, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has light to medium skin. I guess this would show up on people that are extremely fair, or those with darker skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Pebblez27

This is a good highlighter. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's my favourite highlighter because...this is the only one I own and I don't highlight often. ...'cause I'm lazy. BUT when I do get all excited and want to highlight - this does the trick. It is on the pricey side ($30) though you get a lot of product and will probably never run out of it. It does tend to go all over the place in the pan, but not so much once it's on your face. Use a light hand unless you literally want to be a beacon of light.

It's similar to Bobbi Brown's Beige Shimmerbrick, only this is cheaper and easier to use.

P.S. I apply with MAC'S 116.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

So pretty! It gives my skin a beautiful glow. It helps hide flaws and makes me look super fresh. Would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Exotichris

OMG! I love this highlighter. Is the best thing to really make my cheekbones stand out of the crowd, very glowy, impressive. The color is like champagne-beige, I detect sparkles but not chunky glitter. I'm so glad I purchased S&G. It blows TF Pink Leopard off the water!
I will be using this very often as well as my beloved Petticoat. MSF are great products!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by sarahmoon77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product. The coloring is beautiful, and when used as a highlighter it really makes my skin glow. If you are a red head and have a fair skin tone, it can really warm you up. (Especially if you are as pale as I am in the winter!) I find it is worth the price. A little goes a long way. The only thing that I find with this product is that there is a lot of fall out when I use my brush on it. Not fall out on my face, but fall out in the container. This is part of my daily makeup routine, and I LOVE it.