September 19, 2014 | 1900 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by 0oHannaho0

OMG! This msf is just so great! It gives you such a nice glowy look!
I use it like a highlighter all the time, and it just add that "final touch" to your make-up. My mom has it too, and she loves it too. :p
I do have to say that when you are sitting in direct sunlight, your face could look a little "glittery".
But I think that this is a great product overall.
xx

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by kittylounger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i just got this msf and i really like it. i used it as a highlighter and also to highlight my brow bone. it looked great! its a nice soft shimmer and i use the 129 brush. i always think prices are a lil high, but always but their stuff anyways!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by kathybe113

im so in love with this product!! so glad this fell in my hands...i use it everyday and people say that i seem to glow:) its not too sparkley like what i'd expected so i'll definiely repurchase..thank god its a permanent item:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by neekolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this MSF!!! i'm a huge man of mac's MSFS and this one is a staple for any mac MSF lover!!!! i agree with the other reviewers, this is not at all glittery, but gives you a perfect luminous, glowy, soft dewey look. do i need to say more? i'm nc40 and though the result is not OBVIOUS on my skin tone, it gives a perfect glow from within.

i recently used this on a friend who is probably around nw45 (more brown and darker than me) and it even looked more gorgeous on her. i used it as a highlight on her and a little on the apples on her cheeks over bronzer. she looked in the mirror and was gushing on how fab her cheek bones looked! i told her she is lucky cause this part of mac's permanent line!

though it is expensive, this product will virtually last forever!!! i love this and don't know what i would do without it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by missmarkers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is quickly turning into my favorite Msf ever. It's not glittery, I repeat, NOT GLITTERY. It gives the skin a really luminous glow that you only see when light reflects off of your face (where it is applied). I love it on the cheekbones (168 or 188), and you can add some more on the brow bone, above the brow bone, and along the bridge of the nose. I've used this product on many different skintones, from pale to medium dark, and it looks fantastic on everyone. Just sweep this on the cheekbones and apply a matte blush underneath it and it's perfection for the skin. I got another one for my kit since I use it so often.
I have already purchased this again and I love Mac for making it permanent. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I truly have mixed feelings about this highlighter. I just feel that it deposits too much glitter on my face and it just doesn't look natural. I tried applying it with different brushes. I really wish I could love this and am really trying to make it work. Just that everytime I go out into the sun, my face is just so glittery.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by blondie7110

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you are looking for a soft glow/sheen this is the product for you! I am an NW20 and used a Kabuki Brush to apply this product after all my make-up was on. I applied it to the tops of my cheekbones, forehead, chin, and down the middle of my nose. This just lights up your face with a wonderful glow and no overkill. I tend to wear and like a lot of shimmer but this is subtle but you can notice something. I did have shimmer on my eyes and the MSF did not look gawdy or like I had too much shimmer going on. This is a definite must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by naschrei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Soft & Gentle was the first MSF I ever bought, because I found it very attractive looking and when i tried it on my face, it made me look glowy and gorgeous. However, it is very similar to Shimpagne. Which is fine by me but really.. its a dupe.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by tjoyu

I bought this on a total whim! I was walking past the MAC counter on my way out of Macy's and out to my car and a MUA stepped into my path and asked "can I help you find anything?" I was so stumped that I felt compelled to stop and entertain her question. I asked her what her favorite product was and if it would work well with my skin tone...and this is what she pulled out! She dusted a little on the tops of my cheeks, my brow bones and down the bridge of my nose. My whole face lit up and I was suckered in for $24.50! I guiltily stuffed my little MAC bag into my purse and race walked out the door. I forgot I had bought this until 3 days later when I was looking for a pen. I took it out and swore I was going to return it until I looked through the little plastic window and remembered this was the magic dust the MUA swept across my face and made me look lit from within! So I immediately went to my makeup area and began to experiment. I have been using this product daily ever since! Great as a highliter and fantastic as an eyeshadow base & highlight. Also great swipped on top of lip balm for a dewy, shimmery lip. I don't know if this will work for everyone but I am in LOVE *sigh*
UPDATE: 1/16/08- Yes, I am still in love with this product! Still using it daily. Someone asked me what I am using to apply this...for reference I am using an Ecotools foundation brush to apply this. I have found this brush is best for me for appying highlight to my face without disturbing the rest of my make up and with very little to no fallout...just puts it exactly where I want it! :o)

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by emmaclaire88

The Product really does feel 'soft and gentle' on this skin whilst giving an extra dimenson to my cheek and brow bones, it is slightly more bronzed than i had expected being it is the fairer shade, but it really compliments my warm blusher! I like many of the reviewers have oily skin and it does help to add softness that has been taken away by matte effect powders! ... Overall a really lovely product, and i think it will last me a while so worth the buy!