MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

4.1

Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palminate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Yeast Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Minerals

on 8/30/2009 9:53:00 AM

This is product is sooo gorgeous. I an usually against putting glittery things on my face during daytime but this is so subtle, gives your face a beautiful glow and if you apply lightly, is not too garishly sparkly that you can wear in the daytime. Really pretty as an eyeshadow too, gives eyes a lot of dimension. I apply it on the high points of my cheeks, nose, and chin. I would highly recommend wearing this on dates, especially to the movies as it looks remarkable under dim lighting lol!

on 8/27/2009 5:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this product thinking it would give me a wonderful flow around my cheeks, but this product is way too shimmery! There was no way of it looking natural. When the sun hits it, it looks like a sheet of pink glitter/shimmer. I don't like it and I will not buy it again. I'm looking to trade it.

on 7/28/2009 11:28:00 AM

I've just spent ages writing a comprehensive review of this product and it disappeared! Suffice to say - this product just didn't work for me at all. It just looks like little gold, glittery patches on my face - not nice.
Edit: OK, this is too depressing - I'm just too old for this stuff! I tried it on my 18 year old niece and it looked gorgeous on her young skin, so she has it now! Consequently I've upped the lippie score.

on 7/20/2009 5:31:00 PM

One of my favorite makeupalley buddies gave this to me in a swap... And I love it as a highlight.. I love shimmer.. it is very shimmery.. My husband... says its a little to shimmery but thats just because my shimmer always ends up on him.. you need to try this out.

I fricken love Soft & Gentle. I use this on my cheekbones (the whole apple, not just a hightlighter) and the tip of my nose. It gives me this amazing 'glow' that I get complimented on. Even though I use it a lot, theres not even a dent in it. So glad this isnt LE. I apply with my fingers so the pretty light goldish color shows up.

on 6/24/2009 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Love MSFs, soft and gentle being one of my faves. Since I have olive skin tone the gold looks great with my complexion. Highlights really have one task and that's to make you look radiant and luminous without being obvious that you have glitter on your face and this finely milled hihglight powder for sure reaches this goal.
MSFs for life!

on 6/19/2009 7:23:00 PM

One of my favorite highlighters and the most versatile MSF that I own. This goes on shimmery, NOT sparkly-no discoball effect here! Colorless despite looking brown in the pan, perfect for highlighting the high planes of the face. I like to use this above my brows, down the bridge of my nose, on my cheekbones, my chin and above the cupid's bow of my lips. This doesn't highlight my pores either. I'm so glad this is perm!

on 5/31/2009 9:22:00 AM

I am on the fence about this... Previously having missed out on the famous MSFs I shelled out and bought all three (this, Petticoat, So Ceylon) when the Mineralize line from MAC was released. Out of the three Soft and Gentle is probably the most versatile, it is finely milled (more than Petticoat) and basically gives me shimmery, but colorless cheekbones. It can be layered on top of matte blushes to give some extra oomph! Sadly, I only own one matte blush and the rest are as shimmery as can be. I do not get to utilize Soft and Gentle very often because of this, and would probably be better off sticking with the more colorful MSFs...

on 5/24/2009 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first msf, I now have two, this and perfect topping. I reach for PT more often because it's prettier. But this one looks sheer on my nc15 skin and just adds shimmer, which is pretty. I think this one could be easily duped with a ds shimmer type product, but I like that I have the mac, even if its name does sound like a pedophile!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've been lemming an MSF for a while and I finally got this one today and wow.. I LOVE it !! It's so sheer and there's not too much colour that its' use is limited - which is why I believe it would be great for all skin tones! I use it two ways: 1) All over the face for a glowy effect. I use the MAC 187 brush with a very light hand and apply it all over the face, pretty much as a finishing powder. Looks awesome.. especially for the summer. But I stress the light hand! Don't wanna over-do it and turn your face into a discoball lol. 2) As a highlighter. I use MAC 165 brush for this. Its more dense and can pick up more product and since its small, it's easier for precise application over cheeks, nose, etc. This MSF is also great for the brow bone! Awesome texture and quality. I can't wait to get more MSFs =)

Top Rated MAC Products