July 23, 2014 | 1961 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by blondie7110

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you are looking for a soft glow/sheen this is the product for you! I am an NW20 and used a Kabuki Brush to apply this product after all my make-up was on. I applied it to the tops of my cheekbones, forehead, chin, and down the middle of my nose. This just lights up your face with a wonderful glow and no overkill. I tend to wear and like a lot of shimmer but this is subtle but you can notice something. I did have shimmer on my eyes and the MSF did not look gawdy or like I had too much shimmer going on. This is a definite must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by naschrei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Soft & Gentle was the first MSF I ever bought, because I found it very attractive looking and when i tried it on my face, it made me look glowy and gorgeous. However, it is very similar to Shimpagne. Which is fine by me but really.. its a dupe.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by tjoyu

I bought this on a total whim! I was walking past the MAC counter on my way out of Macy's and out to my car and a MUA stepped into my path and asked "can I help you find anything?" I was so stumped that I felt compelled to stop and entertain her question. I asked her what her favorite product was and if it would work well with my skin tone...and this is what she pulled out! She dusted a little on the tops of my cheeks, my brow bones and down the bridge of my nose. My whole face lit up and I was suckered in for $24.50! I guiltily stuffed my little MAC bag into my purse and race walked out the door. I forgot I had bought this until 3 days later when I was looking for a pen. I took it out and swore I was going to return it until I looked through the little plastic window and remembered this was the magic dust the MUA swept across my face and made me look lit from within! So I immediately went to my makeup area and began to experiment. I have been using this product daily ever since! Great as a highliter and fantastic as an eyeshadow base & highlight. Also great swipped on top of lip balm for a dewy, shimmery lip. I don't know if this will work for everyone but I am in LOVE *sigh*
UPDATE: 1/16/08- Yes, I am still in love with this product! Still using it daily. Someone asked me what I am using to apply this...for reference I am using an Ecotools foundation brush to apply this. I have found this brush is best for me for appying highlight to my face without disturbing the rest of my make up and with very little to no fallout...just puts it exactly where I want it! :o)

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by emmaclaire88

The Product really does feel 'soft and gentle' on this skin whilst giving an extra dimenson to my cheek and brow bones, it is slightly more bronzed than i had expected being it is the fairer shade, but it really compliments my warm blusher! I like many of the reviewers have oily skin and it does help to add softness that has been taken away by matte effect powders! ... Overall a really lovely product, and i think it will last me a while so worth the buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by chikky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went out and bought this thinking it was going to be a pale highlighter with a nice sheen but it's actually gives me a warm glow cos it's a little darker than my NC25 skin.

I love the dewy fondation look and use to think that using liquid foundation and not setting it with powder would do the trick - I was so wrong. You need to set your foundation with a powder and if you want the dewy finish just use the MSF on your upper cheek bones and bridge of your nose. The dewy finish is due to the shimmer powder being soooooooooo finely milled it doesn't look powdery AT ALL. My skin glows like the chicas in the magazines.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by LaBellaLisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This might be my favorite MSF. I looks drop dead gorgeous with Margin blush. For reference I am an NC20... This makes my face glow. I usually use my 188 or 224 to highlight areas of my face...224 for areas around my eyes, and 188 for a cheek highlight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 6:06:00 AM More reviews by misz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this when it first came out.this stuff is gorgeous, whether in the pan or on the cheeks..its like peach-bronze colour. highlights my cheeks really well. i'm NC40.i love to use MAC 168 to apply this MSF.
it gives a nice glow to my face which i really like. the texture is smooth.
i love how the different colours & veins swirled in the pan. its just perfection. will i buy this again? heck yeah, if i ever finish it. luckily its perm.

EDIT:29/5
i used to love this but i found a new HG highlighter which is Dior Amber Diamond poudre shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 7:49:00 AM More reviews by littleliverbird

I LOVE this MSF! This looks great on my skin as it is a gorgeous bronzey-tan colour that makes my skin glow. I am NC15-20 when I dont have a tan, and I use this with my 187 brush as a finishing touch to my make up to give my skin a gorgeous tanned sheen. I always use this lightly as I find it best to get a nice highlighted sheen on my cheekbones and forehead rather than a block of colour which looks un-natural and heavy. These MSFs are fantastic and last ages-well worth the money. Another winner from my beloved MAC!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

This is my first ever M.A.C. product and I am so glad it is this gorgeous shimmery highlighter/blush. This cost around $25 which is expensive IMO. So, I was hesitant of purchasing at first. However, compared to the price and the size of NARS blush, this is a very good deal.

Review:
'Soft And Gentle' is a shimmery, light pink champagne color that can give you a lovely glow if you just place it on top of your cheek bones. The color payoff is wonderful and the texture is very silky and smooth. I think this can look lovely if you pat it on the lid for that natural dazzling effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2008 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Valwyt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do like this....but....I didn't think itZI would be soo shimmery...I think I wont buy it again only because this one will last me forever!!!