MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

4.1

Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palminate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Yeast Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Minerals

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've been lemming an MSF for a while and I finally got this one today and wow.. I LOVE it !! It's so sheer and there's not too much colour that its' use is limited - which is why I believe it would be great for all skin tones! I use it two ways: 1) All over the face for a glowy effect. I use the MAC 187 brush with a very light hand and apply it all over the face, pretty much as a finishing powder. Looks awesome.. especially for the summer. But I stress the light hand! Don't wanna over-do it and turn your face into a discoball lol. 2) As a highlighter. I use MAC 165 brush for this. Its more dense and can pick up more product and since its small, it's easier for precise application over cheeks, nose, etc. This MSF is also great for the brow bone! Awesome texture and quality. I can't wait to get more MSFs =)

on 5/21/2009 2:54:00 AM

i've been using the albatoss from NARS for the longest time........but finally i realized that the color was just not right for my skin tone.......it makes me look almost greenish and very obvious under normal day light and white lights..........i needed something darker...........and i thought of this one...........and i loved it..........it really works well on my NC 30-35 skintone and my face just looks glowy naturally even with tons of concealer and powder underneath for coverage............this does the trick well in making me looks liked i have sheer makeup on.........

on 5/18/2009 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A very subtle, but nice highlighter.
Use this with a luminizer underneath or spritz the brush with Fix + after you've dipped it in the MSF for extra glow :)

on 5/18/2009 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

ugh this was just really bad and i ended up swapping it for another msf.
overall rating= 1 because it was SO obvious on my skin. I tried this with so many brushes but no matter what i did, it just looked like chunks of glitter on my cheeks it was so unflattering.. from far away i guess it look OK but when you look at yourself in the mirror and when other people looked at me, everyone told me that i had way too much glitter on my face ugh!
price=4 it's pretty expensive considering i didn't like it... this rating would differ if you actually liked the product and it seems worth it to you. For me, however, it was such a waste.
packaging quality= 3 for these domed shaped msf i would feel better if they packaged them a little bit better because they are extremely fragile and expensive.
i would definitely not buy this again, total crap for me. ugh. so happy i was able to swap this one!

on 5/13/2009 11:59:00 AM

I'm very MEH about this one.. It's a pretty highlighted but just doesn't do much for me. I'd rather use perfect topping or too faced pink leopard..

Thinking about exchanging this for something else.

on 5/10/2009 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a very pretty highlighter. It doesn't have much color, if any at all, but adds the perfect glow to my skin. Just a little on my cheek bones and on the bridge of my nose does the trick. I've heard some people say it's too glittery, but I haven't had that problem yet.

on 5/9/2009 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I originally bought this because in the pan, it looks like a peachy/bronzey/light gold color. I think I also gave into the MSF craze a little :-) Well when I got Redhead MSF I really changed my mind on this product, because I saw how nice MSFs can really be. I barely ever use this, and when I do it's because I'm forcing myself to. It shows up SILVER on me. Yes, silver. Not peachy, not bronze, not gold. It's very cool and stands out against my skin. Also, it's very frosty. Now, normally I like shimmery and frosty highlights for my face, but this is too much. WAYYY to much. If I could still return this, I would, but I may just use it for back to mac.

on 4/27/2009 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really really like this product!! It gives me a great glow and is also really amazing for obviously highlighting. It has a really nice sheen to it and is pretty colorless once applied to your face. I love how it looks too product wise..it's so pretty :) Definitely worth the investment! First MSF product..but not my last. I am a NC 30 btw ;)

on 4/20/2009 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first MSF, and I absolutely love it. I bought it because I needed a good highlighter, and this is perfect for me. It has absolutely NO colour...I don't know why it's described as peachy on the MAC website. I brush this on my cheekbones, browbones and nose to give my skin a beautiful glow. Be careful though...too much will make you look like a disco ball. I find that tapping my brush after swirling it in the pan eliminates this problem. I love this so much, and to top it all off, it hasn't irritated my sensitive skin :). It is slightly on the expensive side, but a little goes a long way so I don't really mind.

on 4/19/2009 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

just tried it.. peachy pinkish bronze sounded like my cup of tea.. so i was tempted to buy it.. but i thought better to try it before i spend the money on it.. indoors i looked fine but somehow in the natural light i looked like a discoball... now i am apologizing to albatross and returning to it and i will never leave it...

Top Rated MAC Products