February 1, 2015 | 2068 users online

Mascara - Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2008 2:37:00 PM More reviews by OneufaKnd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh. Let me start out by saying I love mascara. I am happy to comb through the clumps for 10 minutes if the end result is thick, full, falsie quality lashes. Diorshow is my HG so I thought Iconic was worth a try. It's nice and dark and it does seem to curl my lashes ok. A bonus is that it doesn't seem to clump or flake, no matter how much I put on. And I would know because I keep piling it on because I want lush looking lashes and they never get that way! I'll stick with Diorshow and ever Maybelline Colossal volume over this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The reviews on MUA were right. This stuff does not last. It looks good for about 5 minutes, then it turns your lashes (mine anyway) into spiderlike gobs. This is headed back to Nordstrom.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Scrappydoo

Best mascara I have ever used! And I have tried them all. This is better than Lancome Defincils! When used with cils booster xl I get the longest most defined lashes ever with no clumps or unnatural looking cakey thickness! My lashes are literally twice as long and the formula is so smooth that it still looks natural. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by jesalyne24

i never, EVER would have dreamed that i would purchase a mascara that did NOT have the word 'waterproof' prominently displayed somewhere upon it, but alas, i am wrong - so very, very wrong. i walked into sephora ready to purchase diorshow (waterproof version), but then i saw this baby next to it in all of its glory :) first of all, the packaging is beautiful; shiny, silver, beckoning!! lol, second, its got that special 'non clumping' plasticky brush (kinda like the lash blast from cover girl, but was thinner), thirdly, the formula is soooo smooth (not clumpy, thick/thin, goopy, etc)!! the sales girl came over to me while i was admiring this magnificent thing & assured me it was 'waterproof' - i was soooo skeptical b/c it did not say that on the package or tube, but since sephora does have an awesome return policy i decided to risk it - & boy am i glad i did!!! this stuff is my HG mascara!! it applies like a dream, does not clump on me no matter what, holds my curl, stays on my lashes & not under my eye = NO RACOON eyes!!!! the only other product i've used that didnt give me racoon eyes was the revlon colour stay lash tint, but application was tricky, lashes were 'crunchy' & no volume whatsoever - (but i still used it!! lol) the price is steep, $27, but i dont care - i love it & frankly, i need it!! lol - dior, you have me for life!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Angel1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Fabulous mascara for me: amazing length and separation and it curls and stays put. Very black too. The only possible con for me is that I'm not too fond of the packaging, but that's a personal thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by TinasDreamworld

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EL Projectionist is a better High Definition mascara.
Dior Iconic clumps and is difficult to remove.
Mascara lenghtens but does not curl. For a few seconds my lashes look curled but then it seems as if the mascara is too heavy and pushes the lashes right down so that they look straight.
Even though I am not an EL fan I found the Projectionist mascara better. Also the much cheaper Max Factor mascra with the plastic brush is better.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by EMiceli

I just returned this to Sephora yesterday. :( I have been looking for something to give me a bit more volume than my HG masacra - Max Factor Volume Courture - but this was not it. It is probably the 2nd best that I have tried, but didn't hold my lashes up as well as the MF. My lashes look good at first and then fall within minutes. I guess I should stick to what I've been using!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by jln7124

I had to try this as Diorshow mascara is my HG. I love the original formula and Blackout so of course Iconic was next on my list to try. I took it home from Bloomies without testing it in the store and hoping I didn't waste $27 on mascara. When I finally tried it, I was not disappointed! Iconic definitely gives more curl than the regular formula and Blackout. It is amazing at defining, curling and lengthening the lashes. I actually think it has a softer, more natural look than the other formulas (esp. Blackout) which I do like about Iconic even though I am a sucker for super dramatic lashes. Blackout seemed to make my lashes really hard and stiff if I overdid it but this feels much lighter and softer on the lashes. I don't know understand why this is more expensive than the others, but is worth the price. I will definitely repurchase! EDIT: This stuff is awful to remove. It is worse then waterproof. On the one hand, there's no flaking or smudging but it seems to stick to my lashes and form this rubber coating around them that makes it really difficult to completely take off. When I finally do get it all off my eyes burn and water for a good 15 mins. I won't repurchase and will go back to Blackout

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Fruitini

I so wanted to try this product because of the promise of "extra lash-curling effect" and the "extra-hold formula provides a 24-hour-curl" claim to see if it works for my stubborn Asian lashes. Have to say its disappointing in that department since it did not hold the curl that well, my lashes still drooped but compared to other normal non waterproof mascaras, it did not drop the curl completely (you can see the slight curl from my side profile). It has more intense pigment compared to normal Diorshow, but can get clumpy with more then two coats. Staying power is exceptional I have to say since it did not smudge at all, but it is very difficult to remove at the end of the day (worse then some waterproof mascaras!)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 2:07:00 PM More reviews by megbenoit

AWESOME!! This is my HG mascara. Its totally worth the price at $27 from sephora. I have really short and thin lashes and it does a great job at lengthening and seperating them. In the past when I tried to apply more than one coat of mascara, no matter what the brand it would clump up and look really obvious. With the Iconic mascara I dont even have to apply a second coat! It doesnt flake or smudge and I work 10 hour days at a hospital so by the time I get home it looks just as good as when I applied it! Would totally recommend to anyone wanting long and fabulous lashes!!!