November 26, 2014 | 880 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE.THIS.BRUSH!! This brush allowed me to use blushes I couldn't even touch before. I use it with my Stila CC's, MAC creme blushes, and all other blushes in between. This was my ah-hah! lightbulb moment for blush as prior to using this I don't think I was getting the best out of my blushes. I lightly press this brush onto the top of my creme blushes and then swirl along my apples and lightly up my cheekbones. The most complimentary blush to my face shape I've ever used. Absolutely essential to anyones brush collection, and I usually revert back to using my fingers to apply nearly all cosmetics, but this brush really gives me a look I cannot achieve any other way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Gabriel679

This is a great brush for me - I use it for all my powder highlighters, bronzers, and blushes - perfect application every time.

Minimal shedding, cleans up well, and cost me only $14.99 at Target -

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Next time I'm at Target I'm going to pick up another one of these brushes! The quality of it is amazing. It washes beautifully and doesn't shed. I love using it for Stila Convertible Color in Poppy. The texture of Poppy is different to the other CC's - its drier and not as creamy. This brush applies Poppy flawlessly. It also buffs on liquid foundation so nicely. I tried it with some of my NARS powder blushes and I still have to work out the right amount to put on the brush, I tend to pick up too much. So for now I still prefer my MAC 187 for the NARS blushes. Everyone who uses blush or foundation needs this brush! And the price! The price still amazes me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 2:47:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

i know that conventional wisdom says that you need good brushes to get the full usage out of your makeup. i agree with this. i also know that conventional wisdom says that you get what you pay for. when it comes to makeup brushes (or a lot of things, actually), i disagree, and this brush is a fantastic example of why.

i bought this brush for $14.99 at target; for that price i was hoping it would work decently without shedding. i merely wanted something to use when applying stila CC in poppy so it wouldnt look like i was dying of consumption (very romantic in old school english novels, very clown-like in contemporary coffee shops); stila CC in poppy is, for those of you who arent familiar with the color, BRIGHT RED. so lovely to look at, so much so that i squealed with delight when i received it as a birthday gift and then spent weeks purring over it, but so intimidating that, like i said, i spent weeks purring over it instead of, you know, wearing it. and when i tried it was a disaster. my fingers would just smear it everywhere, plus the rubbing would bring out the ruddiness in my cheeks, and the flirt skunk brush wasnt firm enough to deposit enough color, and the MAC 187, my trusty sidekick, applied it in huge swaths that made it look like i had a concentrated asian glow (i turn really really red when i drink. its sad).

but this brush, man oh man. i simply press it into the pan and then press it firmly against my cheek once, squiggling it a bit. all the color is then deposited on my skin in a spot about the size of a quarter (a little bigger). i then use the brush to blend, blend, blend, smoothing the edges. the brush bristles feel wonderfully soft and it makes this rebellious blush behave like none other. i havent tried it with my more pigmented powder blushes, but judging from the prior reviews, it will perform just as well wiith those.

so, for those of you who are attracted to brightly colored blushes (you know who you are) and buy them so you can gasp over the beautiful corals and plums and reds and golds, but then find yourself unable to actually wear the aforementioned blushes because then no one can seem to look you in the eye because theyre too busy wondering why you have two perfect circles of hectic color on your cheeks, do get yourself this brush. its $14.99 well spent to justify the hundreds youll spend on those blushes you just cant bring yourself to walk away from.

a brief note: i also recommend essence of beauty eyeshadow brushes as underrated drugstore gems that work wonders. theyre at CVS and are usually BOGO 50% off and sold in packs of two. four eyeshadow brushes for roughly $8 means youll have all that money you would have spent on high-end eyeshadow brushes to spend on even more blushes! yay!

or in my case, books. grad school NEVER ends. continued >>

30 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I love this brush! I was so skeptical about buying this brush even with all of the good reviews. So you better believe that I was so relieved when I tried it at home. I did half of my face with MAC's Mineralized Skinfinish Natural and the other with Loracs Breakthrough Liquid Foundation, so that I could test both liquid and powder. I friggin love it for both! It made my face look flawless, not streaky at all. It is amazing to me, and not even because its affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by prettyinpink_sf

For the price, this is a great brush. I have two: one for foundation and one for blush. I love buffing in my foundation with it and also like to use with cream blushes. I wish it came with a short handle for travel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 3:43:00 AM More reviews by AnOmali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this little cheapy brush! It is NOT my HG, but it is adorable and in a pinch will put on a full face of medium-heavy coverage MMU (takes a little work to control the coverage because of the density and small brush head - ubt it can be done sheer as well with buffing).

I would NEVER use this for blush - so I cannot speak to that...I prefer a muted subtle blush/bronze and I can't imagine getting that with this type of brush.

This is great for MMU application on parts of my face that need heavier coverage and lots of blending as well as smaller parts (b/ brows, around nose, etc,). A good buy for the price, but a little expensive for a drugstore quality brand...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by britnee814

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE this brush! i had trouble finding a quality yet inexpensive blush brush on my recent trip to sephora, and stopped at target and found this little gem! soooo much softer than any of the other blush brushes ive used. i use with mac shimmer blush. i havent tried it on creme blush but it deposits the right amt of color and the handle is funky looking but easy to get used to! i believe this brush was 14.99. havent washed it yet and have never used a synthetic brush before so will update if it starts shedding like crazy when i wash it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by edgarallanho

This is a dense, soft brush that works great for both smoothly applying creme blushes or working with mineral/liquid/creme/powder foundations. Because it's synthetic, you could use it with anything, really. I use it for mmu to get into small places that my large flat top buffer can't reach, such as in the cracks of my nose or on my undereye circles, and it works great in slow circular buffing motions to help add coverage. Coverage with this is buildable and easy, and I can achieve a flawless finish with this brush. One of my daily go-to's!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by angelaenparis

This brush is great for applying foundation. I bought this brush instead of the $60 Shu Uemura brush that was recommended to me and I couldn't be more pleased. I use it when applying Shu Uemura Face Architect Remodeling Creme, and it does a great job giving me a finished flawless look. With this brush it is really easy to control the level of coverage I want. The bristles feel great against my skin and I just love the results I get especially for $15.