October 30, 2014 | 1509 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by chaovivi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

great brushes at great prices.
def. recommend for those who just starting out or who just dont wanna spurge on makeup brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Chelleybla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE these brushes! I had been on the search for some reasonably priced brushes, and I found them at Target (best store ever!)..

They're very soft and when the bookstore I was working at started selling them I was soooo excited : )

Also my boss brought back the powder brush as part of some gifts from a product show, and I snagged that thing up!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by MISHA5150

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

These brushes are AWESOME!!! I got these the other day at my local Target for about $11. Got them home, washed them and used them today and I'm soooo glad that I did!! I already own the kabuki brush which I use for my powder foundation and it's the best and softest brush EVER!!! So far I've only used the blush, eyeshadow and angled eyeliner brushes and they all were amazingly soft and worked very well!!! I think I'm going to toss my Sonia Kashuk eyeshadow brush and use the Ecotools one because it is just so much softer and grabs eyeshadow much better. Add to my joy that Ecotools is eco friendly, this is a win-win situation for me (price and value)!! I highly recommend these brushes to everyone!!
*UPDATE*
The eyeshadow brush isn't too great to use for eyeshadows...it just doesn't pick up enough color because the brush is too flat and smooth. I think it will work better for cream e/s, concealer and paintpots. I still love it though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by smm9032

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing quality for an amazing price. I love every brush in this set!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by fancyxamy

im slightly torn on this product. on one hand, this set is a great value for the number of brushes you get, especially as they are obviously well constructed.

the reason they dont get a 5 rating from me is that i find the blush brush to be a bit too stiff, to the point that i cant really use it at all. it deposits color in one spot on my cheek and doesnt blend it out very well. same goes for the concealer and shadow brushes, theyre just a little too rough for me.

i use the brow/lash comb and eyeliner brush everyday, so the $11 has been worth it to me for those two. and really, that would even be a great price for just two brushes let alone 5, so its certainly worth trying out.

overall, cute set and i dont regret buying it, but definitely not all i envisioned it to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Naomi1214

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love these brushes, very soft =]

great for make up FANS <3

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by mokutou

I love this set! I was on the hunt for some good cruelty-free brushes to add to my collection and stumbled across these at Target for a decent price. What really sold me is the brush roll, which I had been hunting for for some time. I bought it and played with the brushes on the way home. They are so soft! I kept brushing the powder brush over my face because it was so soft. The shadow brush holds plenty of product and applies evenly. The brush roll holds all of these brushes along with a few others i frequently use and shows no sign of coming apart. It gets a little dirty from the brushes being in it but I just toss it in the washer and it comes squeaky clean. I plan on buying more products from this company.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Candiez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, this a great brush set. I got mine at target on sale for $7.99, Ulta occasionally has Ecotools BOGO sales. These are such great quality, the bristles are so soft. I love these. I would highly recommend these, and I would definitely purchase them again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awesome brush set! I love and use all the brushes in this set. This is definitely worth more than what you pay for. They are so soft!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Zoey223

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the Eco Tools brushes: love how the company is environmentally responsible (to a point - they do still use plastic in packaging), love the low price point, love the low-no shed factor, love the quality of the brushes.

My gripe? The handle broke off the powder brush the second day. I have to get around to hot gluing it one of these days. And the mascara comb broke the first time I washed it.

But even with those 2 issues, they're still a re-buy for me, and tools I reach for daily.