October 31, 2014 | 1584 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is too funny!!! I got a bunch of these in Mexico!!! of all places I got them down there after my sister telling me about them..she has been using them forever so on my vacation I had to pick up about 10 of them! so they sell them in the US? hmm...now I'm really have to find these...these things are AMAZING!!!!! LOVE the more rough ones they are just great can't believe they sell them here! lol

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by joie4444

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using the Salux cloth for over 30 years. I agree with all of you,a shower is not a shower without one. But, be aware! There are some very cheap flimsy copies being sold as Salux, they are NOT the real thing. They are packaged in a BAD copy of the Salux package that says made in Japan with the Salux logo,they are NOT. They are from China or Korea and do not have a tag on the cloth (required by law) that has the Salux logo and says 60% nylon 40% polyester, Made in Japan. They weigh 0.6oz Salux is 1.2oz (half the weight). There is a seller on eBay, who also has a website, selling this cloth. They have copied pictures from other sites to avoid showing that BAD copy. look for pictures with a watermark, and ask the seller if the cloth has a tag with the Salux logo, required material content and country of origin. Oh, did I mention the hideous colors? Sorry for sounding like a fanatic but I am when it comes to the Salux cloth.

69 out of 69 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by xSelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! I can't believe I've never tried this before. I read the reviews on MUA and decided to give it a go and I have to say MUAers are completely right about this! There is no way I can have a real shower without it. It's great for exfoliating your body, though it may be a bit rough the first couple of uses. You can also use this with both shower/bath gels or soap and it'll lather beautifully with minimum product. Plus it's machine wash safe, LOVE it. Recommending it to EVERYONE!

Oh and I checked eBay and I have to say they practically double the price on there, I bought mine for only $2.99 (as much as a scrub/loofah) and on eBay it's $5.98 not including shipping, so if you can find it locally at an Asian store I would suggest try looking there first before ordering.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by rgnsd

Absolutely the best bathing product ever! The texture is a bit rough, but your skin will feel amazingly soft. No more messy (and expensive) sugary, salty or grainy scrubs!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought a 3-pack of these based solely on MUA reviews and I am in love with them. Now, I can't even imagine showering without one like so many of the other reviewers. I gave one to my husband and he loves it as well. A tiny bit of soap or bath gel and you get tons of lather and excellent exfoliation. The width and length are perfect for washing your back and it can also be wadded up like a puff for smaller areas. It rinses beautifully clean and then dries quickly so that there is no chance for mold and mildew to grow. Excellent product. I highly recommend these to anybody. It is better than any loofah, bath puff, back brush, or washcloth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE it. Like everyone else has mentioned, you only need a bit of soap for this to lather up. Doesn't need much water to rinse clean, and makes skin unbelievably soft. Doesn't hurt that it's dirt cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by cossard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this thing! I'll never use a washcloth or poof again. This gives you the most satisfying, scrubbed clean feeling. I feel like it's not a proper shower unless you've used one of these. Everyone needs to try it! I buy mine from the local Asian grocery,

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by preciouspearlz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh my God, I can't believe this product is actually featured here! This is excellent, I don't know what a legit shower is without one! It holds the lather well and and does not require too much usage of soap or water, and it's ultra cheap to buy! My mother used to bathe me with this when I was a child and I still use it to this day! Seriously people, you have not been showering right all these years if you didn't get your hands on this.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Neopatra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Did anybody else discover that there are different "grades" of this product? Like some of them are more abrasive than others? I read all the raves here and went looking for it. I found a display rack of them in a Korean shop in the OC and picked out a blue one. The lady who ran the shop came up to me and handed me a yellow one, saying "That (blue towel) is too harsh. This is one is better for skin." And she was right. The yellow one was definitely softer, but still did the job.

P.S. I'm just as delighted with this product as everyone else. Next time I come across them, I'm gonna buy a bunch. These puppies oughta be on Oprah.

21 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Serendipitygal

We've been using these since we stayed at a Japanese hotel when we were stationed on Guam. That was 17 years ago. I used to have to search for an Asian market. Now I just order them off of Ebay.

Why you need this: it's excellent at exfolliating your back, and your whole body. It lasts forever. It's machine washable. It's dirt cheap.

When we came back home for Christmas once, we gave them to all of our relatives. The only one who didn't like it was my sister in law. Her skin was too sensitive and it hurt her. It is a bit rough, especially at first.

Buy it. You'll love it and keep using it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No