Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

4.8

Nylon 60% Polyester 40%

on 2/25/2011 9:43:00 PM

I saw the reviews for this, had to see what was getting all these consistent 5 stars...ordered 2 off ebay just to see, it couldn't be that different than a puffie right??? oooooo it's really good, the last time my skin felt this soft was when I had this spa salt treatment shower thing .....it is a long rectangular nylon-poly cloth and I like to bunch mine up like a puffie..and when I'm done using it just rinse and squeeze out and thro over the shower door....so lightweight it dries almost right away (it doesn't drip)..the site I got it from says there is no diff in colors and the texture of it so I got a pink for me and blue for him, and they are the same material..just really does suds up so much and my legs were really dry being winter and all....just got all that off!! I just ordered 5 more....

on 2/20/2011 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

If you have never tried a Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel go to your nearest Asian store and pick one up immediately. It has completely enhanced my life. It is the greatest invention of all time. It will stimulate you in the shower and increase circulation, exfoliate your skin leaving it baby soft, lather your soap like none other, it is long enough that you can do your back, and it's fast drying and it doesn't need to be washed. At 3 dollars you cannot beat it. I would pay 50. I will never use a washcloth or poof EVER again. This thing is the ultimate. It is perfection if I have ever seen it.

I can't believe I have not heard of these until now. It popped up while I was searching for something else on amazon and I'm so glad I found it. It's the best exfoliator I've ever used. I have a Clarisonic with the body brush attachment and the Salux works better. I don't mind the roughness. It makes me feel clean and my skin is so soft!

on 2/16/2011 9:25:00 PM

LOVE! Smoothest skin. Can't stop touching my soft back! Also can't get out of bed because my skin now feels amazing on the sheets!

on 2/12/2011 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was introduced to this by me ex-husband and they are amazing I love them. They leave your skin feeling so clean, they are not harsh at all they are amazing. I only use body was but I have been told that it also works good with bar soap. I use this dry to exfoliate my skin once a week and it works great. I bought one for everyone in my family since there only about $1.99 I recommend this to everyone

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using this washing towel most of my life. You don't realize how good it is and how much you miss it until you are living somewhere where it's not sold. I hate hate hate using a regular wash cloth - it's limp and doesn't hold suds and absolutely cannot compare to the Salux.

Apart from the exfoliating benefit, you just need a little soap or bath gel and it goes a loooong way. Plus, the long length of the towel makes it so easy to clean every nook and cranny and hard to reach area of your body. DO NOT use this on your face, however, as it is too rough.

And, it will last forever. It's very sanitary and really doesn't need washing, but you can if want. However, they are so cheap that they're also economical to replace whenever you wish. I use the same one for months, though, before replacing it. It's one of the greatest creations ever, I do believe! And it comes in cute colors, too, especially the pink. What's not to love?

on 2/12/2011 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this nearly my entire life! It's widely available here in Hawaii and almost everyone I know here uses this on a daily basis. They are very cheap. About $3. When I buy them on sale, I can get them for 2 for $5. These are available at most stores in Hawaii including Walmart. My showers are just not right without it. Lathers very well. Fast drying. I can reach all areas of my back. I always take this with me on vacations. Once you try it, you'll never use anything else. This is the best one. Do not buy similar ones, as they are thin and useless.

on 2/11/2011 6:08:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I started using this about 6 months ago. I cannot recommend it enough, and I've used it every single day since the day it was delivered at my door.
The Salux washcloth has helped me get rid of the acne and marks on my back. I've been getting little bumps on my upper back since I can remember, and I was shocked at what a great difference this made. I used to use a loofah, but it didn't do half the job this baby does.
Use any body wash on it, and it foams up like a dream with just a small amount of liquid. It also dries super fast unlike smaller loofahs, and you can reach any part of your body without any trouble. It's got a slightly rough texture and makes your skin feel ultra clean. I can't imagine showering without one any more.

on 2/10/2011 4:26:00 PM

WOW!! LOVE this thing! Like another of the reviewers before me I used to always mix up my own exfoliator using olive oil and sugar - great results but a bit messy and not a good idea before fake tanning. This cloth is great for quick and easy daily use and particularly before a fake tan as it doesn't leave any film on your skin like a product would. Even my boyfriend loves it and gets me to do his back with it every week (I'm happy to cos his skin is so much better for it!)

Like so many times, I gave into the hype. Fortunately, this product is not expensive (well, the Clarisonic Mia is on it's way to me and in comparison costs a little fortune!), so in this case I don't have to feel guilty :)
I ordered a green and a white cloth. First of all, I was a little disappointed because the green one was too soft for my taste and it didn't really foam up the soap and I didn't feel that it gave me a good scrub.
Then I thought, maybe you should try the white one, which appeared to be more densely woven, if that makes sense. I was so glad that the white one finally delivered exactly the way the MUA had described it, foamed up soap like crazy and gave me a PERFECT invigorating and intense scrub (I have to exfoliate regulary because my skin produces a lot of dead skin cells). My skin is glowing and beautiful and absorbs my bodylotion so well now. TOTALLY happy, can't imagine being without this cloth now! :) Give it a try, you won't be disappointed and it's really affordable, even with international shipping you can save the money for expensive body scrubs for good, because this towel transforms every soap / shower gel into a cleansing and massaging scrub. The best thing is, that my back has never felt so squeaky clean in my life and I can activate my circulation by "brushing" my skin with the cloth towards my heart (like with a brush made of natural bristles). My skin is slightly rosy and I feel my circulation being activated.
Like another MUA wrote, it would be really interesting to know how the different colors of the wash clothes relate to its softness!
Edit: I noticed that my fake tan (St Tropez Bronzing Mousse or L'Oreal Spray Tan) goes on SO MUCH MORE evenly and beautiful and wears off nicely. Also, no problems with rough skin on elbows or knees anymore :)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools