November 26, 2014 | 1622 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by greeneyesies

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing product. I hve dry, sensitive body skin with tendancy to clogged pores and this towel has worked miracles on it in terms of texture and tone. It's best when I soak in the bath for 10 minutes and then get to work with the towel (the water turns grey with shed skin cells - it's fascinating), but it's great for a quick shower too. Most exfoliting products I've used in the past (scrubs, loofah, microfibre cloth) have managed to annoy my skin in some way - this hasn't at all. I can use in on my legs, back, arms, chest ... everywhere except my face without irritation. My skin is so much smoother and healthier-looking since I started using this product, barely a clogged pore in sight. I can't think of showerng without it now, I wouldn't feel right.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot say enough good things about these cloths. Let me say that I have never, and will never, use them on my face. They are much too harsh for that. But for the body, they're boss. I've been using them for about 4 years now. I found them randomly on the the truerenu website when I was still using the Komenuka Bijin line. I immediately fell in love with them after the first time of using them. I've always been a big fan of exfoliating, and while my homemade scrub of brown sugar, almond oil, and lemon essential oil worked great, it seemed to defeat itself two days after using. I needed a little bit of exfoliation everyday, as opposed to lots of exfoliation few days. This has not only saved me money, but time as well. I'm getting gentle exfoliation everyday while deeply cleansing my skin. I use them with my Olivella Fragrance Free or Pacifica bar soap. I get much more of a lather than when I use a wash cloth or loofa. I feel that they're more sanitary as well. I hang mine up to dry and since it drips dry without the crevices that are on a loofa nor does it absorb as much as a wash cloth it seems to stay cleaner longer. When it needs a clean, I just throw it in the washing machine with my shower curtains and bathroom towels and it's as good as new. My lotion definitely soaks in better after washing twice with these, and considering I shower twice a day, it is essential that my moisturizer soaks in well. My boyfriend is now a fan as well. Completely essential in my beauty routine.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by LadyBelleEtoile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are the best. My skin is oily but sensitive and prone to breakouts. My skin feels so soft and clean after exfoliating with these towels!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is too funny!!! I got a bunch of these in Mexico!!! of all places I got them down there after my sister telling me about them..she has been using them forever so on my vacation I had to pick up about 10 of them! so they sell them in the US? hmm...now I'm really have to find these...these things are AMAZING!!!!! LOVE the more rough ones they are just great can't believe they sell them here! lol

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by joie4444

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using the Salux cloth for over 30 years. I agree with all of you,a shower is not a shower without one. But, be aware! There are some very cheap flimsy copies being sold as Salux, they are NOT the real thing. They are packaged in a BAD copy of the Salux package that says made in Japan with the Salux logo,they are NOT. They are from China or Korea and do not have a tag on the cloth (required by law) that has the Salux logo and says 60% nylon 40% polyester, Made in Japan. They weigh 0.6oz Salux is 1.2oz (half the weight). There is a seller on eBay, who also has a website, selling this cloth. They have copied pictures from other sites to avoid showing that BAD copy. look for pictures with a watermark, and ask the seller if the cloth has a tag with the Salux logo, required material content and country of origin. Oh, did I mention the hideous colors? Sorry for sounding like a fanatic but I am when it comes to the Salux cloth.

69 out of 69 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by xSelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! I can't believe I've never tried this before. I read the reviews on MUA and decided to give it a go and I have to say MUAers are completely right about this! There is no way I can have a real shower without it. It's great for exfoliating your body, though it may be a bit rough the first couple of uses. You can also use this with both shower/bath gels or soap and it'll lather beautifully with minimum product. Plus it's machine wash safe, LOVE it. Recommending it to EVERYONE!

Oh and I checked eBay and I have to say they practically double the price on there, I bought mine for only $2.99 (as much as a scrub/loofah) and on eBay it's $5.98 not including shipping, so if you can find it locally at an Asian store I would suggest try looking there first before ordering.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by rgnsd

Absolutely the best bathing product ever! The texture is a bit rough, but your skin will feel amazingly soft. No more messy (and expensive) sugary, salty or grainy scrubs!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought a 3-pack of these based solely on MUA reviews and I am in love with them. Now, I can't even imagine showering without one like so many of the other reviewers. I gave one to my husband and he loves it as well. A tiny bit of soap or bath gel and you get tons of lather and excellent exfoliation. The width and length are perfect for washing your back and it can also be wadded up like a puff for smaller areas. It rinses beautifully clean and then dries quickly so that there is no chance for mold and mildew to grow. Excellent product. I highly recommend these to anybody. It is better than any loofah, bath puff, back brush, or washcloth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE it. Like everyone else has mentioned, you only need a bit of soap for this to lather up. Doesn't need much water to rinse clean, and makes skin unbelievably soft. Doesn't hurt that it's dirt cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by cossard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this thing! I'll never use a washcloth or poof again. This gives you the most satisfying, scrubbed clean feeling. I feel like it's not a proper shower unless you've used one of these. Everyone needs to try it! I buy mine from the local Asian grocery,