October 21, 2014 | 1537 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by juicy70

My favorite brow liner so far. Love the fact that you don't need to sharpen it - perfect for traveling, along with the line styliste liner. Color stays on all day, easy to apply and blend. I took away one lippy b/c there should be a spooley brush at the other end and not a comb (comb is useless for blending). I top it off with Anastasia tinted brow gel and my brows are perfect all day :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Verrine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color goes on too thick & dark. Brush is nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by oneofeverycolor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I should have followed my gut on this one... I have used Lancome Le Crayon pencil FOREVER and have always loved it but not loved the price. I decided to try the Maybelline and am thoroughly disappointed. I chose Light Blonde which maybe was my mistake. It barely shows up and I can see that the product gets used very quickly and I would have to repurchase often which would end up being a wash for the expensive Lancome pencil that lasts a LONG time. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this will be a new staple for me. I'd been using Anastasia pencils (the wooden one and the Brow Wiz) in Medium Ash and liked them, but couldn't get a good color match and found that they went on heavily no matter what application technique I used. I use this in light brown and it's a much better color match and I like the formula better--it's easier to get a light application and looks more natural. The comb on the end is useless--I wish they'd charge a tad more and put a good spoolie like the one on the Brow Wiz on the end--but overall, I like this pencil much better than Anastasia's.. And it's cheap. Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by darkglitter91

This is an okay eyebrow pencil. I still haven't found my HG one, but this will do for now. It goes on natural looking..I only wish it was a bit darker. I like the thinness of the automatic pencil but it was used up sooo quickly I couldn't even believe it. I think it lasted me 2 weeks. Might repurchase only because I don't have anything for my eyebrows right now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this pencil for quiet some time now. I particularly love using this pencil on days when I don't have time to fill in my brows with powder (or get that defined brow shape). The best thing about this is the size of the automatic liner (great for small strokes), duo end brush and no sharpening required! I got mine in dark brown and it works perfectly on my very dark brown (blackish) brows. It's great for filling in small areas that brow powders sometimes can't seem to fill in just right - it comes out very natural looking. It's great for the ends (or tails) when filling in my brows and it stays put for hours! I've worn this during rainy weathers and it won't budge as long as you don't accidentally rub it off. Great to have in any makeup bag because it comes with a handy brush on one end :)

P.S. It doesn't have any type of waxy feel to it so topping powder on top doesn't seem to be a problem at all. Do be careful when you first twist it (up), mine doesn't seem to twist back down. I tried pushing it back down and only found myself breaking a piece of it off the tip :( So do be careful.

UPDATE 8/2/10: I've been using this for months now and prefer it over a lot of the drugstore brow pencils I have in my makeup stash. I recently purchased the 'Soft Black' shade which has been a hard to find shade in stores around my area. My brow hairs are a lot longer now (not thicker) and so the soft black works great alone for in a hurry days. Be careful applying powder over the soft black as it can come off to strong and turn black. I use a dusting of dark brown shade over the soft black. I love both shades either way! Fantastic brow pencil!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by citygirl1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've always been a fan of Maybelline. I decided to try this brow pencil because I didn't feel like spending ANOTHER $14.00 at MAC for their brow pencil in Spiked, I needed something new!

What I loved about this pencil is...everything! The shade wasn't too red or too brown like most of their brow pencils are, it glides on really well. The finish is really nice. Despite the pencil itself being a little thinner than the retractable MAC has, this one actually gave my brows a more precise look.

The only downside is that there is not enough product in the tube, so when I run out, I will have to buy two at a time. Other than that, I will repurchase this! :D

***Update 12/13/13***

Fast forward a few years later and I have to say I've developed a love/dislike relationship with this product. Since I am living a far minimalist-driven life, I don't buy a lot of expensive makeup products anymore, and I've always used this because I can multi-task with it as well. I only used the Dark Brown shade only for my brows, the red-ness still comes through...a bit...but if I subtly define my brows it does not look so bad. AND...I still get compliments as well, so that's cool, did I also mention you TWO or the price of ONE?

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Heatherlikes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is comparable to the anastasia eyebrow pencils. I used to use anastasia's medium ash, and with this, I use dark blonde (which is less ashy, more warm). The color goes on very subtle, so you don't have to worry about having akward, too dark eyebrows. I like the comb at the end more than the bristle type b/c it's easier to clean.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 5:37:00 AM More reviews by leia989

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have purchased much more expensive brow pencils before from the makeup counter. In desperation after I had my hair dyed dark, I picked this up in target for "the meantime" until I made it to the department store. I was so impressed, it made me rethink all my expensive makeup purchases! It went on very smoothly, and had a little comb on one end (something my clinique definer doesn't have!). I bought a 2nd one before the first ran out because I liked it so much I was worried what I would do without one around!

Only downside is I wish there were more colors to chose from.

I had my brows tinted recently so no longer need it except maybe between tint treatments. Seriously the best brow definer I've ever bought.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 8:07:00 AM More reviews by snochic469

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So there's been a lot of comparison to the eyebrow crayons by MAC... They both don't need sharpening because you just twist them up, and they are both the thin-lead type. The colors are pretty close too. I use Spiked regularly and the dark brown seems to be a good match. Anyway, the reason I will continue to purchase MAC is that although this appears to be a better value, there's actually a lot less product than MAC pencils. These have .001 of product while MAC has .003. But the real kicker is that the product in these pencils is SO soft, I find myself having to twist up the liner 5 or 6 times every application. Needless to say, you BLOW through this product. Would I use it again, sure. The product is very similar to MAC except for the fact that you have to use a lot more to get the same result. If you can't get to a MAC counter, then by all means this will work for you. But if you think you're saving money by buying this, think again. I got this buy one get one free, and I'm still a pencil short of how much comes in one MAC pencil, and I've only paid a few dollars less for something that gets used up much more quickly.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No