Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

on 11/9/2009 10:59:00 PM

I never would have tried this if it wasn't for MUA and I am so glad that I did! Medium Brown works great on my black eyebrows... the rule is to always go 3 shades lighter if you have dark hair and 3 shades darker if you have light hair to make it more natural. GREAT value! i got it at target for around $5. Much cheaper than most eyebrow pencils.. and this one you don't have to sharpen. I was skeptical about the little mascara comb looking thing at the other end but it actually works just as well as a spoolie. overall, great buy and i would definitely buy again.

on 11/8/2009 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this, seriously. I'm a redhead but my brows are so dark! I tend to keep them on the thinner side because I'm really wary of bleaching them, and this pencil is perfect because it allows me to fill in any gaps with amazing precision. I love that I don't have to worry about using a sharpener with it and it comes in a few different shades so you can match pretty well. Love love love this!

on 11/7/2009 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

i have this in the black one and it's basically the same (shape and everything!) as mac's velvetone which is also amazing- but more expensive. get it!!! the shape of these unique brow pencils is what makes the brows look SUPER natural since it allows you to build the brow color more slowly and surely.

on 10/16/2009 3:25:00 AM

I have very thin sculpted brows and this gives me the precision and control I crave. I also love the fact I don't have to sharpen it. The other end I use to separate my eyelashes.

on 10/5/2009 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is comparable to MAC's eyebrow crayon (pencil). The tip is the same size (as MAC's) and is self-propelling so there is no need for sharpening. It's also a little shorter I'm assuming I'm going to go through this faster.

Color wise, I have black hair and I am using this in Light Brown for Maybelline and Lingering in MAC (I have a tendency to be heavy handed at times, so this coloring works just fine for me) . Both Light Brown and Lingering are comprable as far as the color goes. However, I noticed that Light Brown is a tad bit on the warmer than Lingering, but not a lot. The product is also waxy (more than MAC's) which is nice as it holds hair in place. This product also comes with a brush at the other end. To me, a spooley would've been nicer than a mascara brush so the brush is pretty useless for me.

Overall, this is a nice product and a cheap alternative to MAC's. I paid $5.50 for this and $15.00 for MAC's.

Update as of 10/11/09: I went ahead and bought Medium Brown out of curiosity to see if the color is close to Lingering by MAC. Medium Brown does not have a warm tone like Light Brown and the color is exactly like Lingering! I'll be using this color from now on. I am definitely happy with this product, its consistency and most of all, the price. Let's just see how long one tube will last..

on 10/3/2009 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I have this in soft black and it's a good muted black that looks natural amongst my black brows. The texture is quite soft so I'm going through this faster than I anticipated, but it's dry enough to last all day. I think this would be improved if the comb was replaced with a mascara type wand as the comb doesn't blend the colour into the rest of the brow very efficiently. I end up spending more time than I'd like combing over the colour to make sure it blends in OK.

on 10/2/2009 8:08:00 AM

I love brow products, and I own quite a few. I like to change up what I use on occasion. My staples in the past have been LM Brow Definer - which is a very hard gel (I use this with Smashbox's brow brush - which is awesome because its so stiff). I also love Anastasia's brow pencil in Ultimate Brown. I read on the boards and seen in youtube videos that this pencil is pretty much bang on to Mac's Lingering brow pencil, so i thought - why not try it out? There were 2 shades available - Dark Blonde/Light Brown and a darker one. I picked the lighter one. This color matches my brows perfectly. Not too ashy, and no red tones. i love how its so thin which helps in creating a precise look. I find with pencils, you have to sharpen them before each use because the tip gets dull and flat and it doesnt make as clean of a line. I also love the built in comb on the other end - very handy to quickly shape brows after filling them in. Overall, I would definitely purchase this again.

on 9/9/2009 10:00:00 PM

I have very light brows that are grey and basically non-existent until I use this. I've been using this in dark brown for a long, long, long time and I'm still on my first pencil. I don't just draw it on however, I use a brush to grab the product and then brush it on my brows. It comes out much more natural that way. Staying power is pretty decent, my forehead is quite oily and even more so when it's hot and sweaty. The product stays on and fades slightly throughout the day.

I love that the brown is neutral, even though my hair is dark brown with a reddish tinge. I would definitely buy it again.

on 9/9/2009 1:36:00 PM

My brows are VERY sparse due to years of overplucking. Now they don't even grow. I pretty much don't look "right" until I have my brows on lol. I really like this brow pencil because it doesn't go on too harsh; however it is buildable. With light feather strokes you can achieve a very natural looking brow. I normally outline & lightly fill in with this; than add a bit of Smashbox brow-tech on top to give a bit more color. I have purchased this quite a few times & would def recommend.

on 8/7/2009 9:12:00 AM

Great pencil! Glides on easily and color payoff is really good. LOVE that it's a D/S item, hence, I can get it on sale!!!!!! I LOVE a bargin! So happy I didn't go to MAC in search of a brow pencil. THANKS MUA ladies for your help!