Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

Like other reviewers say, this is the best alternative to MAC eyebrow pencils. It looks and performs really similar and it's way cheaper. I love this, and I'm glad I found my shade. I think this might be the only problem, that they don't have testers for shades. But honestly, it's so cheap you might pick up a couple and try them both or use them in combination. I give this a two thumbs up

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Wonderful pencil for brows! Prior to discovering this product I was completely dedicated to my MAC brow pencil in Lingering. I now use the Maybelline Define-a-Brow pencil in Medium Brown. Both shades are almost identicle. Medium Brown is a tad darker than Lingering but it's hardly noticeable. The consistency of both pencils feel identical. Define-a-Brow even seems to be longer lasting than MAC. I have combo/oily skin and when I use blotting sheets this stuff does not budge (while the MAC would transfer onto sheet). Define-a-Brow could definitely be used as a cheaper alternative to the MAC brow pencil. The price is great, and it's easily accessible at local drug stores. Try and enjoy!

on 12/2/2009 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

i am onto my fourth pencil! this is the best thing that has ever happened to me!! the onyl problem i ave is that i dont like how the pencil doesnt retract. and the little comb on the end always ends up falling off but thats no major issue for me.
the colour matches my black eyebrows, i use the brown one. it looks very natural and doesnt write on too dark, so you can build on the colour. it is very long-lasting too, even when i sweat it stays on.
i am very pleased, i will continue to buy tthis product. it is half the price of a mac one and does the same job.

on 11/26/2009 9:33:00 PM

This is by far my favorite brow pencil. It blends easily and is very affordable. I also LOVE the comb- I have been using this over a spoolie ever since I got this pencil. The comb works great for grooming as well. I use it when trimming and it works great because I can lay the comb semi flat and it gives a perfect straight line. The consistency of the pencil is good because it's not too creamy where you put too much product on. If you like super creamy brow pencils, this may not be the product for you. Overall, great product!

on 11/18/2009 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I got this color in Dark Brown, and I was a little worried since most eyebrow pencils tend to look too dark for me, and strong. But this doesn't do that. It looks completely natural. Not to mention it lasts all day.

on 11/17/2009 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have this product in dark brown and it's the first brow pencil I have ever bought, and I love it! It's nice and pigmented, with a very thin applicator, making it great for precise brows. easy to use too, and doesnt tug onto my eyebrows like i've experienced with other eyebrow pencils. this isn't overly waxy either. It stays on all day too!

on 11/15/2009 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is wonderful, my eyebrows are not very thick at all, and this helps really define my face. I love this product

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

To me this brow pencil is only ok. It looks pretty natural on your face but it looks terrible in pictures! I ran through this very quickly and the lasting power is only ok as well. I would not rebuy. I've found better.

on 11/9/2009 10:59:00 PM

I never would have tried this if it wasn't for MUA and I am so glad that I did! Medium Brown works great on my black eyebrows... the rule is to always go 3 shades lighter if you have dark hair and 3 shades darker if you have light hair to make it more natural. GREAT value! i got it at target for around $5. Much cheaper than most eyebrow pencils.. and this one you don't have to sharpen. I was skeptical about the little mascara comb looking thing at the other end but it actually works just as well as a spoolie. overall, great buy and i would definitely buy again.

on 11/8/2009 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this, seriously. I'm a redhead but my brows are so dark! I tend to keep them on the thinner side because I'm really wary of bleaching them, and this pencil is perfect because it allows me to fill in any gaps with amazing precision. I love that I don't have to worry about using a sharpener with it and it comes in a few different shades so you can match pretty well. Love love love this!

Popular Brows Products