MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 8/21/2002 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I *love* this product! I discovered it last year when I needed a flawless look for my wedding day - since then this has been a staple for me. It's my holy grail of foundations/powders! My oily, large-pored skin has never looked so smooth and healthy. I usually do a little dusting of loose powder on top, just to make sure the oilies don't get through. I *never* want to be without my Studio Fix.

on 8/17/2002 1:35:00 AM

This is a good powder foundation and does its job of covering well. But the catch is with this foundation is since I have light-medium skin I used NC35 and throughout the day my skin looked as if I had turned 3 shades darker. The MAC lady said this happened because my oily skin caused the foundation to change colour on me so I went a shade lighter. I usually wear a sheer liquid foundation then blot this over it. Warned this may go cakey, but ah well, this is altogether a good foundation.

on 7/26/2002 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my holy grail! At least everyday I get a comment on my skin (good comments, that is). Studio Fix makes my skin looks flawless. It is a little thick, not good for the dry skinned. They have colors for everyone too, I am a C30 and I have prominent yellow undertones in my asian skin so it is hard to find a matching foundation.

on 7/19/2002 7:21:00 PM

On me, the color NC20, and slightly oily in the summer, dry in the winter skin, this foundation refused to blend and settled unevenly on my skin. on a friend of mine, it looked great, but she did have nearly perfect skin. that may be the key to this foundation, however, it didn't work on me. i like the consistency of it, and the packaging, and *sometimes* it would look okay with a powder brush, but overall, i was dissatisfied and returned it. they took it back with no problem after a month and i got another foundation (studio tech) that did about the same. but that's another review.
Well, i tried this again, and i think it's because I'm taking better care of my skin - it's more moisturized, no flakes, etc, that this is working for me. the color match of course is great, and even with the sponge it makes my face look matte and provides just enough coverage without looking cakey. i love this, and i'm really glad i tried it again. continued >>

on 7/16/2002 5:58:00 AM

YIKES. Complete let down. Caked up, got all squirrley, and thers better products out there than this.

on 7/10/2002 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an excellent product! It makes your skin so smooth looking and it gives awesome coverage, comes in a million shades, makes your skin look flawless! and the price is pretty good since it lasts quite a while. I use the shade C2 and it's the perfect shade for me!

on 7/9/2002 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried to love studio fix as I really do like the other mac foundations (matte and full coverage) and there is a great color match. There are several problems with this foundation though. I find it very powdery looking. Doesn't meld with your skin at all, just sits on top. Also, the color changes as you wear it. Probably a good foundation for those whose skin is not oily at all, but on my conbination skin, it cakes and turns orangy. Would not buy again. Also suspect it is breaking me out.

on 7/3/2002 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I can always spot someone who is wearing Studio Fix. It looks dry, cakey, heavy and mask-like. It also causes breakouts like mad.

on 7/2/2002 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I wear this in C2. It gives just the sort of coverage I want, evening out my skintone without looking masklike. I have found it doesn't sit as well on my skin when it's too dry, but I generally moisturize, so it's fine. I like how easy it is to manipulate, with the sponge or a brush.

on 6/30/2002 2:43:00 AM

This is one of my staples and "holy grails" of foundations/powders. I use a liquid foundation and Studio Fix Foundation Powder over it. I also keep one in my purse for touch-ups and have one at my office too!