MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 5/23/2002 8:11:00 PM

i really like their powder foundation...AND ALSO their studio fix foundation...(liquid)
both reallly wonderful products....
but i find the powder foundation a tad bit dry sometimes! but i don't really mind...u just have to make sure u moisturize before application! and the price isn't bad compared to other department store brands...ALSO they have a HUGE range of color selections...so u will DEFINATELY find a match! it is truly a great line!

on 5/23/2002 8:03:00 PM

I've been using studio fix for years and love it. I'd use another product only because sometimes I notice an orangey tint after awhile, which I originally thought was because I was using the wrong color but find that it happens with every color I try. I will keep using this though until I find something better.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Great pressed powder for a PPP. I'm a NC20 and this powder goes on light and makes my skin look great. Does not cake into pores or leave any streaks at all. Got it in a swap and am so glad I tried it.

on 5/17/2002 9:57:00 AM

Good God, what a terrible product for sensitive skin! It stung and also started to break me out. In addition, the lightest shade was too dark and there was a discernable line from jaw to neck. If you have sensitive skin--stay away! On the positive side, the compact design was nice with separate compartment for the sponge.

on 5/10/2002 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

*Edited* Ok, I was determinded to make at least one MAC foundation work so I went back to get colormatched again. I'm using C3 now, and I really like it. Nice coverage that controllable. Although I still do suspect it breaks me out a little------------ I wanted to love this. It looked nice at first application. By the end of the day it made my face look like an orange mask. Be careful, the MA told me that there is an ingredient in it that the oil from your face oxidizes and changes the color. It broke me out too.

on 5/8/2002 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wah! I wanted to love this, but I couldn't wear it. I have really dry, sensitive skin, and this HURT after wearing it, b/c it was so drying!!! Coverage was good, but just too drying.

on 4/29/2002 1:13:00 PM

I'm not quite sure why this product gets such rave reviews. I know it works for some people, but tons of people can't wear it. This was the first powder foundation I ever tried and I did like it at the time. It never dawned on me that this was when my skin started breaking out...I never put the two together. I wore it for a while and liked it. I ran out and my skin cleared up! Imagine my surprise! I'd never broken out from a product before.

I decided to try it again when they changed the formula. I got some small bumps from it and it was so cakey/heavy looking and made my skin a grease-pit (I'm not even that oily!)

I'm glad I didn't get turned off of powder foundations for good. I have used Aveda's Dual Minus Oil and Body & Soul Two-in-One for several years and love them both! They give me a much more natural look and last while not breaking me out.

on 4/27/2002 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This gives a nice coverage. It's not heavy at all (when applied dry with the sponge that comes with it), yet it evens out my skin tone very well. Although I have to use it along with the select cover-up to get the full coverage that I need on certain areas. *Update* I think this gave me cystic acne when I used to use it.

on 4/25/2002 4:23:00 PM

So far I am loving this foundation!! I can go with sheer coverage or a heavier coverage. No breakouts either like I experienced with Stila IPF. Great color match for my skin as well.

on 4/24/2002 11:43:00 AM

This foundation powder is amazing! Not only is the selection great (over 25 colors available - one will definitely match any skin tone) but the staying power and coverage is good. I have tried many liquid foundations: Chanel, Prescriptives, Giorgio Armani, and was a little hesitant about tring MAC. MAC foundation powder has a medium coverage and lasts all day. For best results, put on your favorite concealer first (under eye circles, blemishes, etc.) then apply the powder with a light touch from the side of your face, avoiding the eye area, in a downward strokes to the center of your face. Don't put the powder near the eye area as your concealer should provide you enough coverage and you don't want to look dry. The results and finish (smooth and matte) are phenomenal! Giorgio Armani is my favorite liquid foundation and MAC is definitely my favorite powder foundation. Great price too, especially compared to other high end brands - about $22.