April 25, 2014 | 924 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by shaymprince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did make my shadows appear more vibrant, however, after just 2 days of usage, it gave me dry rough patches on my eyelids (even though I use a really hydrating eye balm at night). Maybe its not for me, as my eyelids dont tend to be oily, I mainly wanted it to enhance my eyeshadow colors. I will not repurchase and instead will try a primer thats less drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by mml2145

This is a HG product for me! I have super oily eyelids and this keeps my shadows on all day and night. I would never even think of doing eyeshadow without using this..it would be a waste of time. I do find it necessary to put a layer of loose powder over this primer else I can not blend my shadows. Also, be sure to only use a small amount else the product can get clumpy and affect the way the eyeshadow applies. Like other have said this does have stupid packaging but I make due since the payoff is outstanding. I transfer from the tube to a small glass jar and do not have any problems with it drying out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ledzeppfreak

This is an awesome product! I have all good reviews about this accept for one flaw -if you look at the packaging it is cutely shaped as a jennie bottle but those edges between the middle of the bottle and at the very end holds an enormous amount of product. I had to cut the bottle open in both places to get all of that product out. Most people will think that never is their a lot of product you get on the applicator and it is a big downer when you know that you can just use the product normally without getting the amount you would want. When you finally open it with a sharp knife it has mounds full. Other then that I think that this is a wonderful product and that the price is very reasonable because of its good quality. I would buy this product again because it works wonders under your eyeshadows complimenting them with highly pigmented colors. The eyeshadow will stick forever... until you take it off. The application has a smooth, creamy like substance and totally blends in with your eye. BUY THIS PRODUCT! By the way you can go on youtube.com to search how to open the bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by mw09011

Genius! I have somewhat greasy eyelids, so I've had trouble making my eyeshadow last until lunchtime. Not cool. I finally broke down and bought UDPP, and I'm officially converted. My shadow stays on all day, even through my showers! It doesn't fade or smear at all. It will crease a little bit as the day goes on, but not nearly as badly as it would without primer. The only real issue I have with this is the packaging. We all know that the shape of the bottle leaves tons of unused product inside, and there's no way to get it out without cutting the bottle open! That's frustrating. But honestly, even though I'm wasting product, I'll still repurchase. HG primer for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by iffer35

ok, well i really love this!!! this is my first review on a product and im glad its this one. it makes my urban decay deluxe palette awesome!!!!its makes it stay on for me all day.(even though the eyeshadow is fabulous). i really would recommend this to anyone. if you wear eyeshadow then get it because it improves it so much. but if your not into high end and love drugstore....i would still get it. so overall good job Urban Decay!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Purpledaisy2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is pur GENIUS. My eyelids get so oily and about mid-day my eyeshadow would be all creased. I got this as a sample and LOVE it! My eyeshadow does NOT crease at all now! This is a must-have for anyone who wears eyeshadow/liner and who has oily eyelids (or even for those who don't!)!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by oomisstrinaoo

I'm kind of late joining the UDPP hype, but I think this primer does what its supposed to do (prevents creasing, extends wear or e/s). I like that it feels smooth when you apply it, and is easy to blend into your eye area. As far as wear goes, I don't think it is making my eyeshadow wear any longer or look more vibrant in comparison to the primers I was using before (Benefit F.Y.Eye, MAC's paint pots and paints). The packaging really sucks and makes getting the most bang for your buck hard, unless you go through the extra work to cut it open and scoop out the extra product! I may repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by amyleegal

Well as the song says, "Ain't nothing like the real thing baby." I tried to get a cheap primer, tried to do the whole L'oreal fake paint tubes, even the cheap Ulta primer, and nothing worked. Concealer didn't work. Powder didn't work. Everything I tried let me down soon enough, as after a few hours I'd have that annoying crease going on, and by the end of the day you'd think I left the house without shadow on in the first place... With all that said I made a life changing purchase on December 26, 2008. I had a Sephora giftcard, and what better purchase than buying my first Primer Potion. They had a set with a jumbo size UDPP and two shadows on sale for $25!!! (I had no clue it was even on sale until I paid!) It was love at first swipe, and there is really nothing else I can say about this miracle product that hasn't been said already, but I'm just so excited because now I feel like I have a whole new collection of eye shadow that I had all but given up on, and with this UDPP I can actually wear them- and they actually look great! Bottom line: Just try it at least, go to Sephora tell them you want try it, if you don't get the allergic reaction some have mentioned then you'll be ga ga over this stuff in no time and ready to buy stock in the company!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by loved

Goes on smoothly by using my finger. I only need a little bit but it keeps the shadow on all day without creasing or flaking. I wish the bottle were a shaped a little bit better so that I could be sure I'm getting all of the primer out. This is a must for all makeup bags. I'm already on my fourth tube. It's also great if you're not going to use shadow but need something to even out skin tone on the lids. I haven't tried other shadow primers but doubt there's anything better than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by aebella

LOVE LOVE LOVE UDPP!!! It is much better than MAC's paint pot...not as thick and cakey. It holds the shadows for hours and is overall a wonderful product.
UPDATE: I had to remove a lippy because of the packaging. I'm pretty sure that it can't get much worse...The stupid "genie" shape makes it so that you can't get any of the product at the bottom and middle of the bottle...and there is A LOT! You have to literally cut the bottom of the bottle off, scrape out the remaining product, and put it into a jar...and you will be surprised when you see how much you would have thrown away!