Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/19/2009 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is great for people who have oily lids.

The product definitely makes your eyeshadow more pigmented, but perhaps TOO pigmented.
It's very hard to blend when I use UDPP for some reason.

The packaging is horrible because of product buildup !
But it looks cute.

on 2/18/2009 11:48:00 PM

cant believe it took me so long to purchase this. the bottle is a bit of a joke, wish i could see how much product was left so ive already bought a backup :)
my makeup wouldnt last 5 hours, now with a primer it last freaking forever!! i found this product works the same as the BE eyelid primer i had just purchased for about the same price. still a great purchase.

on 2/18/2009 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have oily, greasy lids that eat up eyeshadow after a couple of hours. I knew primer potion had a great reputation, but I hesitated because of the price. But I'm glad I finally purchased it. My eyeshadows now have staying power, even the the cream shadows. But it doesn't dry out my lid.

The only reason I'm giving it 4 instead of 5 is the price.

on 2/18/2009 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff. It's definitely HG but i will not be buying this anymore. Ive used this for years but after finding out how much product gets wasted in the container, I wont repurchase.

on 2/18/2009 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love UD Primer Potion! It goes on creamy and although it makes it sticks a little when I try to smooth on shadows, the finished product is vibrant, even eyeshadow that lasts all day. I am a big fan of drugstore makeup, and this makes my HIP eyeshadows look great and last long. A little goes a long way!

My only complaint is the applicator and tube. If it came in a squeeze tube it would be easier to apply the product since I have to use my finger anyway and am sure I'm missing some product in the little bottle.

Overall great buy!

on 2/18/2009 2:42:00 AM

I have very greasy eyelids. Without this product i'm usually shine city in about 4-6 hours, forget about the eyeshadow its either gone or creased, moved around w/e. BUT when i do use this potion, i am dry, and my eye makeup is perfect. All through the night it stays in place even when sweating. This is definitely HG stuff. Run out and get it.

on 2/17/2009 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is the ONLY lid primer I have used and am worried about trying others because this one is so perfect. Sometimes I wear it alone to brighten the eyes and it does just that, since it has a light tint to it. Makes eyeshadow stay on ALL DAY through ANYTHING (really), and makes the color glide on smooth and bright. I can't imagine wearing eyeshadow without it; I don't even remember what it's like haha! My one HUGE complaint and it cost the overall rating -1 is the packaging. COME ON!! Economical packaging plz? The packaging is one of the only thing that makes me want to secretly find a great alternative, even if I have to pay a few bucks more (at least I'll get all of my product). EDIT (5/06/2009): I don't need to find an alternative... I tried that with the praised Too Faced Shadow Insurance, which was an extreme disappointment. I was using it for about a month or two, and although my shadows would stay put and not crease, it wasn't long before I determined that the TFSI was making the colors look muddy and dull within an hour of wearing them. Yuck...

on 2/17/2009 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am on a quest for a HG e/s primer, and this is a good one. It keeps shadow in place and that is what it promised to do. I will update after I have tried a few others.

on 2/17/2009 10:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Wonderful! Makes even my cheap shadows stay on all day!

on 2/17/2009 9:36:00 PM

I'm very pleased with this product...my eyeshadow stays in place for the majority of the day..it doesn't crease or anything. I really love this stuff and would definitely recommend this to anyone!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials