Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/21/2009 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best primer I've tried for the price. I always used to get creases on my eyelids, but not anymore. It is a bit awkward to apply, but it's not a big deterrent since it works so well. Just be sure to use a small amount -- too much can make your eyeshadow cake if some of the primer doesn't dry before you apply the shadow.

on 3/19/2009 11:49:00 PM

There was a lot of hype on this product. but personally I don't think it is all that.

on 3/19/2009 10:52:00 AM

It helps my shadow go on smoother and crease less at the end of the day, but the packaging needs to go. You can't access like 75% of the product because it all pushes away to the side...such a waste! I will only repurchase this item if UD changes the packaging to a squeeze tube or a twist pen.

Yes, it works but for me I won't be buying it again. I am giving a neutral rating because I think the cons outeight the pros unless you have very oily eyelids or constant problems with creasing.

It's a bit pricey for the amount you get. Packaging is horrible, alot of product gets wasted. I find that a good matte foundation or some concelear works just fine for prepping my eyes for makeup..at this point I really don't want to add yet another product to my routine.

on 3/19/2009 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I was excited when I had received this with my Sephora order because everyone raves about it. I'm not sure if I just got a bad tube of it, but this made my eyelid feel so oily and when I tried to blend my eyeshadow, it would not blend well. I was really disappointed because so many had recommended this to me.

Again, the packaging (as everyone says) stinks and it only adds to my disappointment. =(

on 3/19/2009 2:27:00 AM

OK, this product in itself gets 5 stars, you all know why. It works and truly delivers on it's promises, no creasing or fading no matter how many hours I work. However, I rated it as a 4 because of the infamous packaging. I am constantly disgusted by the amount of money and time spent on packaging cosmetics and really wish companies would concentrate on just making a better product. In the case of UDPP they already have an awesome product but have marred it's image by the packaging, which doesn't allow the consumer to easily access the entire product. It just boggles my mind. It is enough of hassle that I am considering trying Two Faced Shadow Insurance when my current bottle of UDPP runs out. I will rate as a 5 when they fix the packaging! *end of rant*

on 3/18/2009 11:17:00 PM

So, the reviews are spot on - this stuff rocks! My shadow stays bright and in place all day with zero creasing. Not sure what more I would expect from a shadow base. Yes, the package is impractical but it is lovely on my make up stand! =)

on 3/18/2009 6:09:00 PM

What can I say that others have not said about this product? Nothing. Everything is spot on so far...

I love the staying power, but I hate how the packaging limits the amount of product I can access... I still like the bottle though.

on 3/18/2009 6:05:00 PM

i love the genie bottle concept, i love the product, but i hate that you cant get all the product out. will end up having to cut tube open just like everyone else. nice product, tho, good quality.

on 3/17/2009 5:05:00 PM

UDPP is *amazing*! I had tried a variety of eyeshadow primers only to be disappointed because of my oily lids. Even with a primer (exluding UDPP), eyeshadows would crease and fade within a couple of hours. Just as I was giving up hope on primers, I found UDPP. UDPP allows for me to wear eyeshadows of every price/quality rage without any creasing or fading! It's amazing! I strongly recommend this product to anyone who is desperate to find an eyeshadow primer that actually works for severely oily lids!

Video Reviews & Tutorials