August 29, 2014 | 996 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by ljlw0629

Sorry to rain on the parade for this product. I bought it based on rave reviews; however, I find it merely okay and will not repurchase. First, I do not like the packaging - no way you can get all the product. Second and most important, my eyelids are pigmented and I want a primer that gives a nice neutral canvas. Urban Decay is too sheer unless I layer it on and even then, I do not like the results. Until I find something I like better, I will stick with my Clinique touch base, the only Clinique product I have stayed with over the years. I can actually use just the touch base and a bit of mascara for an almost no makeup look - cannot do that with UDPP.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is ok. When I first used this I thought it was amazing. But after a coulple wks of using, I found out my $3 E.L.F. eye primer works better! I definitely see creasing throughout the day even with this under my shadow. I will probably try Too Faced SI next.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 5:02:00 AM More reviews by seiya_odango

This is my HG primer for now. I really think those with oily lids will appreciate this primer the most. It really makes shadows vibrant and pop and I it makes my eye shadow and liner last for almost the whole day with little smudging. Without it my eye makeup literally melts off onto the rest of my face in a big greasy mess.

The reason it doesn't get five stars is because it makes the eye shadow a little harder to blend, and the packaging is not the best. You are stuck with this odd shaped genie tube that makes it impossible to get all of the product out.

I have tried many other primers, but I always come back to UDPP.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by nicci404

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used it all but wasn't that impressed. My shadow still creased - I tried different brands of eyeshadow and all would crease my lunch time. It felt light and wasn't greasy but I felt like it didn't meet its expectations.When it get slow, it is hard to get the primer out of the bottle...packaging isn't the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by nujnong

My eyelids are very oily. Can't live without this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by rinstarangel

I have such a horrible time with eyeshadows creasing on my eyelids. I have tried many d/s products with no luck. I have recently become a makeup junkie and decided to try it. I am in love!!! Nothing has worked this well. Granted, it's winter and pretty cold and dry, but I'm hoping it will work just as well this summer. I noticed slight creasing starting after about 6 hours, but NOTHING like the gunky creases that I get within a couple of hours of using no primer.

I'm not too fond of the packaging, but after seeing some YouTube videos, I now know how to get the full product amount. A disappointment, but definitely won't stop me from buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by dnemoy85

I am a huge fan of urban decay, lvoe their bright eyeshadow and absolutely love their oilr eduction powder. I used their Primer Potion for years since i love wearing eyeshadow. It comes in a cite bottle and overall works well but not completely crease free. What I didnt like I no matter how clean my skin was I would randomly have a pilling effect when trying to put this on my eyelids sometimes and even worse it you lose way too much product in the horrible shape container since after you cant get anything wit the wand there is so much product left on teh walls of the bottle and at the bottom. Cutting it open is rediculous and its just 2 annoying. Definitely a waste of money in that aspect so this is a product I recently stopped using. Ive treied out almost every other crease rucdtion eye primer available with many being to thick, greasy, bad cases, etc and my new favorite is Too Faced Crease Insurance. I lvoe it since it is very light and creamy, non greasy, works amazing, and best of all comes in a soft tube so you can use every last bit of it. Great buy and hopefully all teh other hardcore urban decay primer potion uses (as I used to be) will make more use of their money and switch over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by tifferifficxo

i LOVE UDPP. before i discovered this, i tried oh so many different ways to keep my eyeshadow from disappearing. it is definitely worth it getting over the price & packaging, in my opinion. this makes my eyeshadow last alllll freaking day. i wouldn't try anything else.
& yes, you can chop the bottle to pieces to get even MORE of the product but a less messier alternative that i have tried is removing the plastic bit at the opening of it. took it out with some tweezers & a nail clipper & afterwards, you'll notice that the wand applicator has a lot more room to move around & scoop out more stuff.
so YES ! i definitely recommend getting this. i haven't tried Too Faced Shadow Insurance but i've heard good things about it. but i'll be stubborn & stick to this for the rest of my life :]

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2009 6:08:00 AM More reviews by natao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very good product - make up stays on and looks perfect whole day. That is what I need, and that is why I'll definitely buy this product again. Cons, as previously already has been said, are: the packiging is bad - you have open the tube with scissors and extract the product if you don't want to throw half of it away. Also, it blends harder then you would expect.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by aries41587

I love the staying power of this base. The tube is impractical and after a few months you have to cut it open to scoop out the other half of the tube but I don't mind. My eyeshadows stay on until I decide to take them off with makeup remover. A downside to this base is I find it hard to blend my e/s, so I add a little Painterly Paint Pot on top which settles the issue. Not sure if I would purchase again, I have been looking at Too Faced Shadow Insurance but I have heard they are very similar.