September 1, 2014 | 1148 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2001 6:50:00 PM More reviews by wvbeetlebug

I wear this in C35. It perfectly matches my asian skintone. Whenever I am in a hurry this is the product I reach for. You can apply it w/ a sponge for heavier coverage or a brush for lighter coverage. Either way it smooths out all of my ruddiness and evens my complexion beautifully. I have combination skin and this keeps my oilies away. Although others have mentioned that it can cake and cause breakouts, I have had neither of these problems.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2001 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Alexis

Pros: comes in a range of colors to suit almost anyone; provides good (at least medium) coverage. Cons: took 3 different MAs before I found the proper shade, lol; turned orangey on my oily skin; looked cakey and didn't blend into my skin well (couldn't touch up with this at all or it looked very powdery and artificial). If your skin isn't oily and you are looking for a medium to full coverage powder, this may be an option for you (but Aveda Dual Base Minus Oil would be much better if you could find a color match).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2001 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Daisy

This is my favourite foundation. I love this. It goes on nice and light, and leaves a great coverage. This is the only foundation I wear. I am never without it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2001 1:24:00 PM More reviews by DaniGurle

This is the best foundation/powder I have ever used. Very full coverage. It's the only powder that I have ever used that covered up my dark undereye circles without concealer. I have been using this product for over a year. I recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2001 10:25:00 AM More reviews by BarbaraN

This is the only foundation that I wear! Paired w/ my Mac 150 big brush, I can put on my foundation in no time at all first thing in the morning (using Studiofix dry), and my face is flawless all day long. Great for covering up blemishes, and the color that the makeup artist chose for me (NW25) matches my coloring the best out of all foundations that I have used! The only warning is use with a light hand so that it does not build up to a cakey layer (this happened to me several times, especially during the winter when my face was very dry). Superb product that I continue to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2001 2:32:00 AM More reviews by DanaE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I prefer a sheer, light powder foundation that shows my natural skin underneath. StudioFix gives me this and more. I use a large powder brush to apply it and I get perfect coverage and a matte look through most of the day. One of the few foundations that I don't have to worry about clogged pores and breakouts. Price is good also; at $19 it's more affordable than any other powder foundation I've purchased, and with the huge range of colors to chose from you're sure to find one that matches.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2001 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Colleen

I don't wear foundation everyday, but when I want a bit more coverage, I apply this with a fluffy powder brush. It gives great coverage without looking overdone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2001 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Monique

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love StudioFix!! I sometimes apply it with either the puff it comes with or MAC's #180 Buffer Brush. Some people feel that StudioFix is sometimes powdery or cakey but here's a tip: After applying the SF, lightly pat your face with a slightly dampened cloth. Helps it look so much more natural and the coverage is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2001 8:06:00 AM More reviews by amyt

Fantastic product. I have only used this dry but it is by far the best powder/foundation I've ever used. I dust it lightly with a powder brush for a nice,lighter finish as I am not one for a cakey foundation. Coupled w/ my tinted moisturizer w/ spf, Studio Fix does the job...controls oil, and doesn't get thick in the Miami humidity. For more coverage I reccommend using the sponge applicator that comes with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2001 12:12:00 PM More reviews by kristen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is heavy duty. It's so pigmented that you don't need to wear anything else. But it's a disaster if you wear it wet. And if you reapply throughout the day, your face will look like it will crack off. If you make an expression at all, the product will create wrinkles you never thought you had before.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No