Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/24/2009 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm annoyed that I have to tinker around with the packaging to get my money's worth. It work well when I can get it out the bottle, but its too much work & until they change the packaging, I won't purchase again.

on 3/24/2009 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Awesome product! I have super oily eye lids and UDPP just kicks ass! lol... I use it even when I am not wearing any eyeshadow. And the effect lasts for hours! No creasing, no fading, no shine! The packaging is crappy as we all know but there are some good videos on youtube that show you how to cut the bottle in half and not waste the product. It does not go completely translucent on my eyelids since I have horrible dark circles all around my eyes and this kind of lightens it up a tad bit which is a good thing!

Highly recommended!

on 3/23/2009 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Like other posters, I love this primer. I have oily skin, and eyeshadow used to fade or get oily and creased by the end of the day. This makes my eyeshadow last all day long -- I don't know how they do it, and it's the only one I've tried that really works. The packaging is a drag. I cut open what I thought was a used tube, and got enough to last for a few more months, making it a really good value. I'll keep buying, and keep hacking it open until they fix the design.

on 3/23/2009 2:05:00 PM

This is an amazing product. I have very oily eyelids, and have always had a problem with eye shadow creacing and wearing off by the end of the day. Even the shadows that claim not to creace! I bought this because of all the rave reviews, and it does not disappoint! I apply a small swipe to each lid, wait a moment to let it dry, then apply eye shadow. My shadow stays in place until I wash it off at night. I agree with the other reviewers that the packaging could be improved, as there appears to be nooks where the product can't be reached with the applicator. But I'll continue to repurchse because it really does deliver. I will never wear eye shadow without UDPP again!

on 3/22/2009 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product, however when I applied it, it made my lids appear dry and creapy. I was very disappointed.

on 3/22/2009 6:13:00 AM

i LOVE this thing!!! i have quite oily lids, so my eyeshadow tends to crease, but not with this one! amazing. stays on for ages!

on 3/22/2009 5:50:00 AM

Cannot live without this!
It really does live up to the hype around it. This makes my shadows blend easily, makes the colour really pop and best of all makes my shadows last all day! I've repurchases several times and i cannot live without this. The only downside of course is the package because whilst pretty, you loose out on a lot of product due to the design and the only way of getting to it is to hack the prettiness to pieces with a knife. UD should put this is pot form or something to that effect to help with this problem. I can't recommend this product enough!

I have tried several other eyeshadow primers and this one is by far the best. It really makes a difference with eyeshadow color. I cant live without it. The only down side is the packaging, cool bottle but i feel like there is still some left in the tube when youre getting down to the end. Oh well, i live and breathe by it!

on 3/21/2009 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best eye primer I have ever used! It goes on creamy and doesnt cake up like a lot of the other ones Ive tried. It also lasts a LONG time because a little goes a long way with this product. I love the cute little design of the tube it comes in too :) The only thing I hate about it is some of the product can get stuck in the corners of the tube making it hard to get the last of it out hen youre near the end of it it. Other than that LOVE it!

on 3/21/2009 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought this because of the hype and to hopefully get certain shades to show up on my eyelids better. It's not exactly the magical product I was expecting. The texture is kind of hard to describe, but it's surprisingly hard to apply smoothly, especially with the included wand. It does seem to give staying powder to eyeshadow, just don't expect magic beyond that.

I didn't think about the inefficiency of the packaging design till reading the later reviews here, so we'll see how that goes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials