April 20, 2014 | 948 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this doesn't crease, it does dry out lids horribly causing peeling and bumping - not cool. I have extremely oily lids and prefer TFSI (Too Faced Shadow Insurance) for a primer. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with oily lids, and especially not to anyone with dry/normal lids. Also, I shouldn't have to cut into a product to be able to get it all out - shady, shady UD!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by elouised

I like how well this primes the eye lid for shadows, and it certainly prevents creasing (and I'm excited about the new color sin coming out)...however I took away two lippies because it doesn't neutralize the color of the lids and how horrible the packaging is. I would still repurchase though because this is very easy to apply, no brush needed and absorbs into the skin quickly. I like to use this for school when I'm pressed for time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by camo4mamo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

When i first got this, i used it with a revlon cream shadow, and it creased. So, it doesn't help cream shadows from creasing on my lids.
This product does, however: make the colors last all day, doesn't crease (on shadows).
I do have to use a bit more then i've seen some people use, because i have oily lids. It's a fantastic product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Milena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A terrific primer. Urban Decay Primer Potion really does make shadows last all day without creasing. However, this makes shadows harder to blend on me (I'm experienced with makeup and primers- I'm not using too much or not giving it enough time to dry). It's best for oilier eyelids. I'm going to try Too Faced Shadow Insurance next as I hear it's a better primer for my normal-to-dry eyelids. Cheesy packaging that wastes product unless you remove the stopper and needs to be improved.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Mamakitty14

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very watery allergy eyes and this is the only product that does not crease my shadow. Even PainPots crease my shadow. This product rocks. I just wish the packaging were better so that we dont need a youtube tutorial on how to remove all the product from the crazy container.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by AliceInAwesomeLand

Joining the fan club! This stuff is amazing. You must try it!! Couldn't bare to take off a lippie for the packaging, but the little bottle truly is horrible! But who cares? This stuff works and you will love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read about this product here and tried it. I have never been able to keep any kind of eye shadow on my lids for more than an hour or so. I have no idea why, as I do not have oily skin. But this potion works!!! Wow, does it ever work! Great stuff. I agree about the packaging, though. I was amazed to find at least a half dozen videos on You Tube demonstrating the best way to cut open the bottle and scrape out the rest of the product. Looks like Urban Decay would figure out that they just may as well change the bottle. Ha. It's worth the trouble, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

you dont need concealer if u use this. it makes your eyeshadows pop, stay on longer, and doesn't crease. sad part is that it contains parabens. : ( not sure maybe... i will buy this again but will remain using it until it's gone.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by shaymprince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did make my shadows appear more vibrant, however, after just 2 days of usage, it gave me dry rough patches on my eyelids (even though I use a really hydrating eye balm at night). Maybe its not for me, as my eyelids dont tend to be oily, I mainly wanted it to enhance my eyeshadow colors. I will not repurchase and instead will try a primer thats less drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by mml2145

This is a HG product for me! I have super oily eyelids and this keeps my shadows on all day and night. I would never even think of doing eyeshadow without using this..it would be a waste of time. I do find it necessary to put a layer of loose powder over this primer else I can not blend my shadows. Also, be sure to only use a small amount else the product can get clumpy and affect the way the eyeshadow applies. Like other have said this does have stupid packaging but I make due since the payoff is outstanding. I transfer from the tube to a small glass jar and do not have any problems with it drying out.