August 2, 2014 | 936 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2001 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Smurfette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i used this for my wedding in C40. It has become my holy grail. I have a little acne scarring from my teenage years, and this covers it up beautifully. I love the wide color selection and it is the first i found that perfectly matches my skintone. I have dry skin and have no problems using this. I would highly recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2001 8:30:00 PM More reviews by fuschia

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

well, this requires lots of blending if you have dry skin. if you have flakes, this emphasises them. otherwise, gives a flawless look. be sure to use moisturiser first!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2001 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Curlyhair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

it goes on whisper light and totally gives you the flawess superstar look

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2001 3:49:00 PM More reviews by CarolynF

I love studiofix! It is the first foundation I was able to wear without it driving me crazy by the afternoon with my oily skin. My first one lasted a year and I just purchased my second in a different color. A good powder foundation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2001 5:51:00 PM More reviews by blyss

I would give this a rating of 4 but I still have reservations about it. It's a bit thick... which is ok if your skin is perfectly smooth and not flakey. BUT if you're not perfect... it make take a while to figure out how to apply it without looking like accidently walking past a person cleaning a chalk board. There are tons of shades so you can probably find something close. It is a heavy matte finish so no shine but at the same time, you have to BLEND! Overall it isnt priced expensively and it's pretty good for spring and fall. Just watch out in the summer when your skin gets really oily. Studio fix can get ugly when there's too much oil!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2001 9:45:00 PM More reviews by JT14

I wore this for the longest time to cover up my acne prone skin. And it did work at covering, but my pimples only got worse. Well, it was only until I switched to the Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation was it that my skin cleared up. After two years, I stopped using the Studio Fix and I had clearer skin. Little did I know that the Studio Fix was breaking me out! Majr RANT for this product!

JT

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2001 5:13:00 PM More reviews by DianaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I prefer lighter-weight foundations with sheer, dewy finishes, but when my skin is less-than-cooperative I reach for my Studio Fix. I apply it with a large fluffy brush and then press the sponge over any areas where my pores are apparent. This application method gets me natural but mainly matte coverage. I also tend to reach for this foundation when I know I'm going to be in the sun for a long time - I appreciate the additional layer of this powder with SPF over my sunscreen.

Edited - After using this for years, suddenly it started looking cakey on me. I think I've just quit liking powder foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2001 6:50:00 PM More reviews by wvbeetlebug

I wear this in C35. It perfectly matches my asian skintone. Whenever I am in a hurry this is the product I reach for. You can apply it w/ a sponge for heavier coverage or a brush for lighter coverage. Either way it smooths out all of my ruddiness and evens my complexion beautifully. I have combination skin and this keeps my oilies away. Although others have mentioned that it can cake and cause breakouts, I have had neither of these problems.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2001 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Alexis

Pros: comes in a range of colors to suit almost anyone; provides good (at least medium) coverage. Cons: took 3 different MAs before I found the proper shade, lol; turned orangey on my oily skin; looked cakey and didn't blend into my skin well (couldn't touch up with this at all or it looked very powdery and artificial). If your skin isn't oily and you are looking for a medium to full coverage powder, this may be an option for you (but Aveda Dual Base Minus Oil would be much better if you could find a color match).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2001 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Daisy

This is my favourite foundation. I love this. It goes on nice and light, and leaves a great coverage. This is the only foundation I wear. I am never without it!