April 16, 2014 | 1992 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Annabelle78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to add another super review of this stuff.. It is the greatest thing ever in the history of primers (with the exception of the packaging - has anyone asked UD about this???). My eye shadow never stays put... EVER so after all the great reviews I dropped the $$ on a tube and I'm hooked.

The only downside for me personally however is that I have a few creases/wrinkles in my lids so if you don't smooth it out completely ahead of time you'll put on your eyeshadow, with creases... oops!

I also cannot use it on my bottom lid because my concealer cakes up on top of it. No biggie though I don't usually put eyeliner on the bottom anyway. Was just testing it to see if it would hold my concealer down for the day too. :)

GO BUY THIS STUFF!!! Lol!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by starrygrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been a loyal user of Benefit FY...Eye primer for at least 5 years. However, I was given a travel/makeup kit (which included UD primer potion) a year ago. On a recent trip I took the mini/travel size primer with me, and to my suprise, I think I'm hooked! This potion is sheer, not nude, and leaves NO color on my lids. FY..Eye left a peachy/orange tint. And after using UD for 2 weeks, I have noticed how soft my eyemakeup looks, in a good way! My shadow lasts ALL day with no creasing (slight tendency to have oily lids in the summer) but the primer potion doesn't distort my eyeshadow colors. All this time I thought my MAC Jest was a frosty peach, and now I see it's a delicate pearly cream! I did notice that even in the mini, I couldn't get all of the product out, so I finally bought a full size tube today.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 5:01:00 AM More reviews by batbunney

GREAT PRODUCT especially if you have oily lids like me! It really makes the shadow stay put ALL day! And it leave the color as vibrant as it was when you first put it on your eyelid. I was totally amazed by UDPP. The packaging is cute, but it has the issue of not allowing you to access ALL the product, due to the curvy tube it comes in. But you can simply cut it open when you think you are running out. The price is tad bit pricey, but it really does it's job!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is truly a miracle product for me. I pretty much ONLY wear mineral makeup, more specifically Everyday Minerals, and those of us who have used it know how sometimes their eyeshadows are hard to get to show up, to look vibrant like they should, and to LAST. I had gone back and forth from their e/s to regular ones for a couple years because I got so tired of having it fade off after an hour or so. Finally I decided I'd give this a go. I am SO glad I did. I just washed my face 12 hours after having applied my eyeshadow and it still looked *just* as fresh and vibrant as it did right after putting it on. That's just amazing to me. I was even wearing a pastel shadow and those NEVER show up well on me and definitely don't last long at all. With this, the lilac color stayed true all day and night. I'm in awe. Barring any kind of allergic reaction or drying out of the lids, I will most definitely continue purchasing this. As everyone else has said, the packaging is totally impractical and I'm not looking forward to trying to get the last bits out. It does look cute, but geez. Also, for those of you with sensitivities to bismuth oxychloride, be warned that this product does contain it. I wasn't aware of that when I bought it and my skin doesn't like it very much, but for whatever reason this isn't causing me any problems. I hope that continues! Love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2009 4:03:00 AM More reviews by sueren

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great product, the only thing that keeps eye makeup on my super oily lids. They are now perfect still at the end of the day.
I live in New Zealand and buy this product from the USA as it is not available in my country.
Such a shame about the packaging, I eventually cut the container in half and re-package in small air tight containers to make it last. But you shouldn't have to do that-still it is worth it for the end result

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this doesn't crease, it does dry out lids horribly causing peeling and bumping - not cool. I have extremely oily lids and prefer TFSI (Too Faced Shadow Insurance) for a primer. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with oily lids, and especially not to anyone with dry/normal lids. Also, I shouldn't have to cut into a product to be able to get it all out - shady, shady UD!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by elouised

I like how well this primes the eye lid for shadows, and it certainly prevents creasing (and I'm excited about the new color sin coming out)...however I took away two lippies because it doesn't neutralize the color of the lids and how horrible the packaging is. I would still repurchase though because this is very easy to apply, no brush needed and absorbs into the skin quickly. I like to use this for school when I'm pressed for time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by camo4mamo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

When i first got this, i used it with a revlon cream shadow, and it creased. So, it doesn't help cream shadows from creasing on my lids.
This product does, however: make the colors last all day, doesn't crease (on shadows).
I do have to use a bit more then i've seen some people use, because i have oily lids. It's a fantastic product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Milena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A terrific primer. Urban Decay Primer Potion really does make shadows last all day without creasing. However, this makes shadows harder to blend on me (I'm experienced with makeup and primers- I'm not using too much or not giving it enough time to dry). It's best for oilier eyelids. I'm going to try Too Faced Shadow Insurance next as I hear it's a better primer for my normal-to-dry eyelids. Cheesy packaging that wastes product unless you remove the stopper and needs to be improved.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Mamakitty14

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very watery allergy eyes and this is the only product that does not crease my shadow. Even PainPots crease my shadow. This product rocks. I just wish the packaging were better so that we dont need a youtube tutorial on how to remove all the product from the crazy container.