March 2, 2015 | 1731 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2002 7:18:00 PM More reviews by sh01

I love MAC Studiofix. I stopped using it for awhile but recently went back to it and forgot how much I missed it. This makes my skin looks flawless. It gives me a nice matte look which is good because my skin is super oily. I will repurchase once I run out but it won't be for awhile since this stuff lasts pretty long.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2002 1:48:00 AM More reviews by glassofwater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One time, I was trying to woo the love of my life ( it's always on again off again) BUT I had a massive zit farm cropping on my forehead. It was horrendous info-mercial style! This product is was my only saviour. He was left with a vision of nice skin. I almost wanted to cry with how well it worked! When I am elected the first female president, I will pass these out to every woman in America! How did I live before this product?

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2002 9:22:00 PM More reviews by CrZyGrrrL479

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the hardest time finding foundations and powder that match my skintone. I have this in NC35 and it is a perfect color match for my Asian skin with yellowish undertones. I don't use this by itself as a foundation because when I did, it looked very cakey and didn't cover well. I prefer my liquid foundation instead. I do use this with a brush and apply it over my foundation to set it. This way my skin looks smooth and my makeup looks even. I give this 3 lipsticks because it's supposed to be a powder foundation but I would never wear this alone as a foundation because it looks way too cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2002 5:26:00 PM More reviews by gloryDOTcom

This is the best powder foundation out there, in my humble opinion. The shades are extensive and there's one for every undertone color in the book, just about. Application is great for those mornings where you're too tired to pay attention to what you're doing. It comes with the Disc Sponge which is actually really good for the job, but some prefer using a foundation brush. The packaging is very practical in that there's a separate part which holds the sponge--very sanitary. And for $22.50, lasting me about 8 months, that's not bad at all. I've used this foundation since 2000 and I don't plan on changing anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2002 12:02:00 PM More reviews by tcdawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite foundation EVER. Love that it's a powder and I can just slap it on in the morning when I don't have time to mess around with blending a liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2002 5:29:00 PM More reviews by noelle2328

First off, I must describe my skin type: Extremely sensitive (meaning, only a handful of products will not turn me red/irritate my skin in some way), combination, and very acne-prone. I purchased this because I was looking for a powdery foundation with a nice matte finish and excellent coverage and staying power. StudioFix gave me all of this, with NO breakouts whatsoever. It goes on sooo smooth, and the color match is perfect (C2; I'm light with yellow undertones), it actually makes my skin glow! I love how it lasts all day, and never streaks or cakes on me. Of course, I still have to blot my face with oil absorbing sheets, as my skin is oily, but I notice that my skin oil does not alter the color or break it down. So if you're looking for that picture-perfect, flawless matte finish, I would strongly suggest that you try this! And there are so many colors, you are sure to find the perfect match for you!

**UPDATE 2/04** I have since gone back to this after feigning makeup junkie fever and trying everything on the horizon. People say it looks very natural on me, and I get compliments on my skin when I wear it. My hypersensitive skin has not reacted to this, and the price is right.

**Update 3/09 - Still using this and love it. I have tried almost every powder foundation out there (Chanel, MUFE, Laura Mercier, Estee Lauder DW, Everyday Minerals, etc) and I always come back to this. Oddly enough, I find I get the best finish when I use the enclosed sponge (not common, I know); I guess something about my skin's weird texture needs the sponge to smooth the foundation out. Everytime I try to use a brush, it gets cakey in areas that my skintone is rough/scaly/dry, and it looks too white for me. But applied with the sponge, the color is spot-on and you cannot tell I am plagued by dry patches on parts of my cheeks. I think that if you get the right color/tone for your skin, this will look very nice on you and not fake at all. Love the lasting power as well, even through multiple blottings (I'll probably blot until I'm 60 with my skin). Bottom line is, take the reviews with a grain of salt. There are many products I did not like that got high reviews here. You have to find what's right for you, and no one else! Hope your foundation hunt ends here like mine did.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2002 4:04:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This didn't work as well as Aveda Dual base for me. It sits on top of my skin and looks powdery. It accentuates dry and oily spots. It works best when I apply with a brush, and then wipe off excess with the sponge. I love the color selection though. If Aveda had the MAC color selection, that would be the perfect powder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2002 4:57:00 PM More reviews by kitkat85

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! No matter what I try, I always come back to it. Studiofix covers nicely, deosn't look cakey, & has a wide color range. I also love that it doesn't make me look shiny & it seems to have pretty good staying power :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2002 7:53:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

This is a great product. The Studio Fix powder foundation is great and comes in great shades. If you have a sheer foundation on and dont want to use a powder or concealer, just put this on overtop with a brush, it evens everything out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2002 1:27:00 AM More reviews by misst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm Asian with fair skin and I use C3. I've been using Studio Fix for the past 4 years and I definitely have no complaints! It lasts all day long, and it has great coverage without being too heavy. It's awesome because I don't need to use liquid foundation, and it's way better than regular pressed powders. Lasts a lot longer too! It doesn't dry out my skin, and does a good job removing shine. I like the packaging because it has 2 compartments to separate the sponge applicator so that it doesn't "sit" on top of the powder. MAC has a huge selection of shades so you're bound to find an exact match! The price is extremely reasonable especially compared to other high end products that don't work as well. I much prefer my Studio Fix to NARS Pressed Powder. Until a product proves better, I'm definitely sticking to this one!