MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 1/9/2003 11:08:00 PM

I don't know why people are so in love with this product. It must be some mass hallucination, or else everyone has bought into the hype. I have combination skin, no major breakouts or blotchiness. I was looking for something lightweight to even out my skin tone. I saw a photo of myself wearing Studio Fix and I was appalled; I looked drawn and tired and nearly twice my age. I exchanged it for "Spice" lipliner, which I love. Kudos must go to MAC, however, for their color selection and the vibrancy and quality of their lipsticks and eye shadows.

on 1/9/2003 8:49:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. Its quick,easy to apply, and lasts. * update- have found that I need to use a *super* hydrating cream on the skin before using this, as it will enhance any dryness.its a Ok product, not sure if I will buy again*

on 1/9/2003 12:48:00 AM

i love this product! i used covergirl and maxfactor products before this, and i'll never go back. studiofix works very well with just about any kind of liquid foundation, but i usually use it by itself. it's not a bad price either. packaging looks very slick and compact, and i WILL buy this product over and over. i've heard stories about this product being drying and causing pimples, but i've not had that problem at all, and i have fairly sensative skin.

on 1/8/2003 8:47:00 PM

I really like this color and product! The NC-20 matches my really pale skin and evens out my skin tone nicely. This is the first product that matched my undertones and pale pale skin!

I agree that if you have dry skin, you MUST moisturize first. But it's a nice product and lasts forever!

on 1/6/2003 1:09:00 AM

I have used MAC Studio Fix powder foundation (I'm really not into liquid foundation except for Clinique super makeup) I really like this one because it's not cakey. Although I have heard that it gets oily after a while. I have to say that I have not experienced that thus far. I would definetly buy this product again.

UPDATE: AFTER 2 MONTHS I NOTICED THAT MY SKIN HAD STARTED TO GET THE OILIES THAT EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT. I DON'T THINK I WILL BE PURCHASING THIS AGAIN ANYMORE.

on 1/4/2003 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have the hardest time finding foundations that match my skin. People look at me and think pink, when they put it on they can't figure out what's wrong. I am defnitely more yellow and this in C3 is perfect. I use this in place of foundation and it gives a medium coverage. I have very oily skin and it doesn't change colour or go oily looking right away. Controls my oilies about 3 hours. You absolutely cannot touch up with this or it will cake. I blot with papers or Chanel T-Mat and dust lightly with pressed powder if I need to. This wears very well, so I find blotting is enough for a day at work. If I am going out I may touch up with pressed powder on top, or dust this on very lightly with a brush. No breakouts, love it!

on 1/2/2003 5:18:00 AM

i used to like this product when my skin was oilier....now that its more dry, this stuff looks horrible on my skin, its too dry, and makes my skin flake, and tends to look cakey....bleh!

on 1/1/2003 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I used Studiofix in C3 for several years b/c my sister did. I have dry skin and even after moisturizing it, the pressed powder foundation would highlight the dry patches on my face. I know use their loose powder after I moisturize. I may try another brand of powder though when I run out.

on 12/29/2002 11:40:00 PM

I cannot use this product. I have normal skin and it was nice for the first 2 weeks then it started looking cakey and dry and this was the summer time. I later went back to the counter to ask why and was told to:a)replace the sponge(which I did),and b)do not reapply for touch-ups.
Ladies remember it is a FOUNDATION!!! So be very careful. I was using it for touchups and it was terrible. It isn't meant for reapplying.

on 12/29/2002 3:50:00 PM

I'd give this up "over my dead body"! This is one thing I'd never live without. I hate liquid foundation, and always wore powder only. Having dry skin, it was hard to find a powder that didnt "flake" on my skin. This is awesome. I apply with a brush though, not the sponge. I would rather do without that thing. Goes on too heavy with that. Try a brush with it if you're not totally sold on this product.
:-)