April 19, 2014 | 934 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by maccosmetics09

I love this product!! I have super oily eyelids and this keeps my shadow from creasing!!. I wish it was cheaper but because it works so well, I think it's worth the price. I did take off one lippie for the packaging though. Ladies, if you don't cut open your bottle of udpp( which is really hard to do), then you don't know how much you've been wasting!! The bottle is totally impractical because so much product can't get used. I suggest looking up the videos on youtube if you're not sure how to do it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

HG for me. I'm on my 3rd or 4th one. I've also tried FYeye and paint pots and this one keeps my eyeshadows creaseless for at least 6 hours and much more vibrant.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by redhalo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't live without this product! I have been using it since it came out and it has solved my eyeshadow crease crisis. I always wear darker shadows although I tone it down for work. For a night out, I wear black shadow. This is the only thing that keeps it in place. Apply to your entire eyelid. I also follow with a beige shadow all over before applying my black shadow which increases it's staying power. Try it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by beauteacup

It does what it claims to prevent creasing, however it dries out my lids quickly and hard to blend. Too faced insurance works a bit better however it became flaky on my upper lids. I think so far I like Bare Escentuals eyelid primer the best, which was recommended by a saleslady at sephora. I also use MAC eye primer occasionally but the crease proof effect is not as lasting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

This stuff really works, but I agree with the other reviewers about the packaging. After a while, it goes "dry" because product is at the bottom of the tube and you can't get it out. I've bought this a couple of times, but I will not buy it again because of the packaging-- so much product is wasted.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 6:54:00 AM More reviews by glitterbugpanda

I really don't know why I didn' try this sooner! I always just used eye pencils as a base, and yeah they worked okay but compared to UDPP they were rubbish (or maybe UDPP is magic!) Not only does my shadow last all day but it makes pigments really stadn out and look as they should (the colour in the pot!), plus it makes my eyelid really smooth so I use it even if I am just put a tiny but of shadow on. It is a lovely piece of packaging, but totally not practical! I still have plenty left that I can get, but when I *think* it's run out I will do that tip of cutting it in half and scooping it into a pot!
I could never live without it now!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 3:54:00 AM More reviews by kc83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

will definitely buy again! keeps my eyeshadow all day long... Even in really hot WA weather it kept it on nicely. I am very happy with UDPP!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by amaris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

UDPP, what did I ever do without you?!
Keeps my eyeshadow crease-free and makes colors stand out and stay put until I wash it off at night. Awesome product.
Sucky packaging. Cute concept w/ a "potion bottle", but not practical for getting to all the product left over that is below the wand. And there is alot. Gets the worst package rating from me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by bluemopitz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product works fantastically. The problem, as most reviewers have mentioned is the packaging. It is an adorable bottle that really does remind you of a "potion," but it means that so much product is left inaccessible! I have seen videos of people cutting theirs open and it is amazing how much primer is left even when the brush comes up empty. The other issue with the packaging is storing it. It is so tall and has such a small base that it is constantly tipping over on my counter top and rolling onto the floor. In spite of these flaws, I would buy this again, I'm just hoping Urban Decay will see the light and re-package this before I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by anyssalovesbuuny

To be honest I don't why so many people give this product a bad review. This stuff is amazing, seriously i wouldn't get/ use anything else. I am a primer junkie seriously I have used it all. Mac paints(which I love but don't last as long) Sephora pot primer which is good stuff but does crease after 8 hours. By far this is the best primer I have ever used! However, the packaging sucks but besides that I love it !