October 24, 2014 | 1100 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by KariRocksOut

Love this! I have oily skin, which means oily eyelids. This is the only product that makes it so I can go all day without re-applying my eye makeup! And I love to use lots of eye makeup (tastefully though!).

I hate the little bottle though, seems like as you use more of the product it gets stuck in the widest part of the bottle and you really have to dig the wand in there to get the product out.

Other than that I'll continue to buy and use this! Nothing else works for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Krisababy

Brilliant product, works extremely well and I would recommend it. However, the packaging is annoying as when you think its finished there is still a lot of product contained in the tube. It requires the tube to be cut open to scoop the remaining product out into a container, youd be surprised at how much is leftover! Make sure that when you perform this that you use an air tight container to store the leftover in as if a container is used that is not air tight the UDPP will dry out and be unusable. Will probably try Too Faced Shadow Insurance the next time due to the poor packaging design of the UDPP (the UDPP packaging is lovely, but not practical) Its a bit pricey but it works very well so in my opinion is worth it, eyeshadows stay on all day (even after having afternoon naps and everything!)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by dinyell

Keeps my eyeshadow on pretty well! Even the stuff that tends to fade and crease after an hour or so was still as vibrant as when I put it on 10 hours earlier!
I'm impressed! I just wish it was a little bit cheaper!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product for 4 times before giving it up. By mid day my eye shadow would began to slide off onto my eyes. By five, I could barely keep my eyes open. Maybe it's just me, but this product does not work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by sandy123

This product was okay. The price was really up there and the packaging is the worse. It's bad because you don't even end up using all the product that is in the bottle until you cut it open it. The only thing that i liked about this product was that it didn't crease my eye lids as much and it stayed on longer. But the down fall of it is that when you put your eye shadow on top over it, the color isn't as vibrant as it should be. So i have to use a cream eye shadow over the primer potion and then my eye shadows. So agian, i will not be buying this product again because it really wasn't worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by melilic

So thanks to MUA and the posts about this product, I now wear eyeshadow again. I had given up a year ago from the constant creasing and problems of getting my eyeshadow to stay put all day. This product is a lifesaver, and my eyes look pretty again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have heard the myths and gossip about how great and fantastic this product is. For the longest time I have been using MAC paint pots to provide a base for my e/s, but I wanted to try a product specific to "priming" my eyelids. All I can say is this product lives up to the hype. I have tried it with a range of e/s, and it works. It actually makes the cheap/ less pigmented e/s look fabulous... I was shocked!!... and it stayed in place for 8+ hours!! I would highly recommend this product and I do to anyone who comments or asks about my e/s. The only con is the packaging as I have a hard time getting the last of the product out from the bottom of the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by burr17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

at first i liked this product because i made my e/s more vibrant and last all day, but after awhile when i applied this, it hurt my eyelids, made them burn and very sensitive, and i have dry skin and the more i would blend my e/s in, it would make my eyelids flake. i used it for about 3 weeks, then the product was already drying out! im going to get shadow insurance next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by lula17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my first review on this site but this product works so well I was compelled to write. I've had the same problem with eyeshadow disappearing mere hours after having applied it due to "greasy" eyelids or whatever. I always thought it was the shadow but I've tried many brands from expensive to inexpensive. My sister read about this product after doing some research and we both decided to try it. It works wonders. My shadow and liners stay on and vibrant until I remove them. Even after 12 hours. I will definitely repurchase and want to try the new shade "Sin" as well. Packaging sucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Ginnybaby2007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to finally review this product and I have to say that I'm really liking this. I put this on around 3:30 p.m and I took it off just now (12 a.m.) and I noticed as I was about to take it off that the color looked as vibrant as when I first put it on. I also swiped my eyes with one finger to see if it would smudge and it didn't. I have to admit that I was wondering what all the hype was all about and now I know.
I keep reading that the bottle needs to be cut open to get the remaining product but I guess that I won't be doing this anytime soon since I bought the real big size from Sephora a while back when they had the two e/s and this for the price of one. How awesome is that? Now I'm looking forward to doing my eyes because of this. I put down that I will definitely repurchase but it's going to be a long while from now.