MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 2/17/2003 9:34:00 AM

In the beginning I loved this product. I loved the ease with which it went on (I applied it with MACs small buffer brush and would recommend doing it no other way - awesome brush).

I tried very hard to love this product but I could not, in the end, do it. I think my skin does not make enough oils to make this product look good on me. I felt chalky and dry. The product did make my face look flawless - great coverage and felt so light.

I used NW20. With the buffer brush it went on quickly and evenly. It stayed put all day long. I really wanted this product to be perfect for me but it wasn't.

on 2/15/2003 3:45:00 PM

this is currently my staple powder foundation, the one i dumped aveda's dual base for. i tried nc20 which was a touch too light and settled for c25 which is just about right, though a little on the yellow side. smooth, even coverage, lasts well. my only gripe is that it can be a tad too grainy and dry on some days.

on 2/15/2003 3:41:00 PM

Ingredients: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013 continued >>

on 2/14/2003 5:10:00 PM

I really didn't like this foundation too much. I used to use Aveda Dual Base and then my oilies started to melt it, so I had to find something else. Studio fix doesn't do much in oil control. It also feels dry on. MAC rep matched me to NC-25 but I think it's too golden on my yellowish skin. I also wish the texture was more silky like Dual Base. It's a great price and if you're a stickler for color match, it may be worth your while to check out. It just didn't work for me.

on 2/14/2003 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely horrible for my oily skin. It seemed to make my skin more oily and it started to separate on my face after a few hours.

on 2/13/2003 3:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really wouldn't recommend M*A*C's Studio Fix, unless you can find the perfect color for your skin. I purchased mine at the M*A*C store at Fashion Centre Mall at Pentagon City in DC, and received, quite possibly, the worst service ever in a cosmetics store. After being totally ignored for about 20 minutes while browsing for the right shade, I finally sought help, and the advisor picked absolutely the wrong shade for me, which is partly the reason I don't like the product. She chose C3 for me, and I'm quite pale with yellow undertones. This shade looks like a dark orangey-beige on my pale skin! Yuck! Well, color mismatch aside, the foundation really doesn't provide the coverage I'd like, wet or dry. I'm so disappointed in the product's performance, especially after having read so many good things about Studio Fix! With combination skin, I have a couple of dry patches on my cheeks occasionally, and Studio Fix really emphasizes them. Back to the quest for perfect foundation!

on 2/11/2003 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is ok - the naming convention still puzzles me no end. I like the fact that they are portable but I don't like the finish they give me -- even with my oily skin, it's too powdery. And it doesn't seem to stay on well when applied dry. It's just medium when better products are available for the same or less money.

on 2/9/2003 10:54:00 PM

i like studio fix! i have a super sensitive skin, this is the only powder i didnt get skin rashes,i have tried bunch of expensive powders out there but i got skin reaction few hours after applying it! hope they will not change the formula and ingredients. edited- [oh! after a week of using i got skin rashes so its not good for me! im using chanel now ,will see?]

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

my skin: pale olive, i look good in cool colors. combination acne prone dry skin and usually broken out on chin and cheeks due to hormonal stuff, and i have red hyperpigmentation and need coverage.

I use this in nc30, see my pics. it's a bit too light now though. ok if you have combo skin, lightly swiped with the sponge, over good non-greasy concealer. Otherwise it'll look a bit too dry on your dry areas, and streaky in oily ones especially for those of us who have not found a moisturizer we trust yet.

it's good stuff, for those with good skin, the colors and coverage are amazing, as with most mac products, just not so skin friendly.

good for finishing with a big brush, or touch ups. keep your sponges clean to avoid break-outs!

UPDATE: I dont use this cause it's way too drying and I dont like the dry/matte look anymore.

on 2/5/2003 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

After all these years- I come back to this foundation. ( I started using this in 1996! ) I started to get break outs and thought it was because of this- not the case ( it was hormonal.) I found that it works best with a kabuki type brush- it gives really good coverage and the color selection is great. ( I found that C35- works the best for me, shame that MAC doesn't offer that color in their other range of face products. ) I don't use this as a touch ups during the day- otherwise it cakes ups and looks funny- that's what Blot powder is for.