MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 12/29/2002 11:40:00 PM

I cannot use this product. I have normal skin and it was nice for the first 2 weeks then it started looking cakey and dry and this was the summer time. I later went back to the counter to ask why and was told to:a)replace the sponge(which I did),and b)do not reapply for touch-ups.
Ladies remember it is a FOUNDATION!!! So be very careful. I was using it for touchups and it was terrible. It isn't meant for reapplying.

on 12/29/2002 3:50:00 PM

I'd give this up "over my dead body"! This is one thing I'd never live without. I hate liquid foundation, and always wore powder only. Having dry skin, it was hard to find a powder that didnt "flake" on my skin. This is awesome. I apply with a brush though, not the sponge. I would rather do without that thing. Goes on too heavy with that. Try a brush with it if you're not totally sold on this product.
:-)

on 12/27/2002 7:30:00 PM

Yup, even against all the reviews of it being chalky, drying, and makeupy, i went ahead and bought it without even trying it. i must say, i happen to have a lot of dry spots, and keeping My skin look fresh and un-flaky is getting incrasingly difficult, but this stuff did't really accentuate any bad spots as much as my Almay kinetin foundation, which shouldnt be drying at all! so i was suprised, but i do only wear it over my la mer creme, and Origins tinted moisterizer so... Also in the sun, when i looked in the mirror in natrual light, every pore was magnified on my cheeks, when before, i barley knew they even existed! but the coverage was pretty good, but nothing special. Well, i hope i use this up fast so I can go by Awake hydro touch or something. good riddins

I have been using this for a couple of weeks now. Although the coverage is buildable enough, I find that I like it better as a powder rather than an all over foundation. Right now, I am using just a little liquid foundation/concealer over old scars and under my eyes and then I dust this on with a fluffy brush. That way, there's no caking up and not as much unnecessary "stuff" on my face. I do find it difficult to use as an overall foundation because it tends to be noticeable in the areas where I try to build up the coverage. However, if I just dust it like powder over my foundation/concealor, it's a very smooth finish and the areas w/ more product don't stand out.

on 12/21/2002 8:43:00 PM

I used this for a long time and tried a few shades, but somehow I never got the right shade. There's always a mob of people at the counter, so trying to flag down a good makeup artist was a chore! It also felt a little heavy and cake-y at times. I'll try it again...I'm sure of that!!

on 12/17/2002 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

At first your face looks absolutely flawless and you can't believe how good your skin looks. Well, give it a few hours and your pores will look like volcanoes and the shine will blast through the makeup. End result: Oily Mess!

this is the only thing I wear anymore. great coverage and doesnt wear of at all. easy to use. great color match!

on 12/16/2002 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Horrible! Caused breakouts, orange color, cakey, and way too expensive!

on 12/12/2002 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this product, although it depends on the condition of my skin. In the winter, it looks really cakey and dry on my face. But in the warmer months, I love the stuff.

on 12/10/2002 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have the hardest time finding foundations and powder that match my skintone. I have this in NC35 and it is a perfect color match for my Asian skin with yellowish undertones. I don't use this by itself as a foundation because when I did, it looked very cakey and didn't cover well. I prefer my liquid foundation instead. I do use this with a brush and apply it over my foundation to set it. This way my skin looks smooth and my makeup looks even. I give it 3 lipsticks because it's supposed to be a powder foundation but I would never wear this alone as a foundation because it looks way too cakey.