MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 11/22/2002 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used this product for years - its so convenient and easy to use. The coverage is so versatile as well - and looks very natural (when applied lightly). If you are having photographs done, this makes your skin appear FLAWLESS (just put on a little more than you normally would and your skin looks phenomenal in photos!)

on 11/22/2002 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Much as I loooove MAC lipsticks, Studio Fix broke me out, and I found the color to be too pink on my pale, slightly greenish toned skin. Loved the packaging and the versatility - wanted to love this product but just couldn't wear it. Bummer. Still searching for hg pressed powder...

on 11/20/2002 4:46:00 AM

I like the convenience of this foundation. Less time consuming than the liquid type. Does a good job of covering shininess and red spots.

on 11/18/2002 7:41:00 PM

I've been using this stuff forever and I love how nicely it covers up my spots. You can either load it on for blemishes or just dust it on for a light powdered look. It totally mops up oil. I prefer a dry sponge but I used to use a brush all the time. Very versatile!

on 11/15/2002 2:57:00 PM

I am so impressed with ths product! I have been using it for two years now, and I think that is the longest for me to remain loyal to any one foundation.
I love the fact that you can layer this foundation to whatever type of coverage you need. And there is no annoying smell, as with many liquid foundations!
I have dry, sometimes combo, sometimes oily skin and my only problem is that it can make my skin rather oily in the t-zone areas. I would keep a pressed powder on hand for this.

on 11/14/2002 12:09:00 PM

good coverage and plenty of colors to choose from but i don't really need a heavy foundation so i've stopped using it. i found it made me look a little too made-up

on 11/12/2002 5:55:00 PM

Although I quite like this foundation in general and I find the packaging and color (NC20) to be a perfect match, I really wish it would control oil a little better. I know that oil-control is supposed to be left up to powders and matte foundations, but I had hoped since this was a powder-foundation that it would be the best of both worlds. Such a shame. But its still an excellent product I recommend to everyone!

on 11/2/2002 12:10:00 PM

I have really found a keeper. This is the best everyday foundation out there and I have tried many! I don't think I have used liquid foundation in over a year!

on 10/30/2002 2:35:00 PM

I have this foundation in NC35..it's a nice color match for my asian skin which some other brands dosen't match it perfectly.
but the only prob with this is that it seems too thick and heavy for me sometimes when i want a more natural finish..i guess it's cuz MAC is more of a studio makeup
overall i would buy it for colder weathers

on 10/27/2002 4:02:00 AM

Though it's a very convenient foundation compact, I will not buy this again cause it clogged my pores. But it does have very good coverage. The other downside is that it oxidizes real fast, making the face look darker by noon. I will only recommend this to those who have fine pores and good normal skin.

UPDATE: Recenly I repurchased this at a shade lighter than the one I had before. Thought I gave this another try. I've found a trick to applying this without looking cakey and powdery. First I apply my Chanel foundation. Then I smooth studiofix over with a large powder brush. It amazingly covers my pores and blemishes well. And the effect stays till the end of the day. I've also found my perfect shade NC20 which matches my fair Asian skin. With the Chanel DPF foundation underneath, surprisingly the studiofix powder did not oxidize. So the colour stayed true all day. And I've received compliments on my makeup that it looks more natural and flawless than before. I'm very happy now that I've found my perfect match!