Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/6/2009 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tried this today for the first time, and wow! Now I know why it's on so many womens HG list. The texture is very soft, and it dries quickly. The most important part is that it makes your eyeshadow last all day. I blended UD's Flipside and Kiddie Pool eyeshadow over this and after hours it looks like it was just applied.

on 3/6/2009 3:20:00 PM

This eye primer really does live up to its high reviews, and does not dissapoint. The application of the primer goes on VERY nice and silky and makes eyeshadow colours very vivid! This little bottle really is magic!

on 3/6/2009 6:22:00 AM

If I could describe this primer in two letters, they'd be HG! It really is magic in a genie bottle, it works absolute wonders! My eyelids are very oily and whichever eyeshadow I wear will end up fading away or collecting in the crease, as my fellow oily-lidded ladies could attest, annoying as hell right?!

If Urban Decay was just so much as to speculate quitting this product, I will hunt them down and strangle them.

Happy priming people!

on 3/5/2009 9:11:00 PM

Yes, this is a good primer for eyeshadow. It creates a dry surface and my eyeshadow did last all day. But I've also used other products, like E.L.F. foundation (costs $1!), and it had practically THE SAME EFFECT. My eyeshadow looked fine after a days work. Granted I haven't done that "go to sleep and wake up with my eyeshadow on" experiment but still...I don't really feel this product completely necessary in someone's collection. Plus, I'm convinced they packaged the stuff the way they did to sell more product in a short amount of time. The packaging SUCKS! You waste so much unless you cut the thing open, and why the heck should you have to do that to a product in the first place? Not when your forking over a lot of money.

By the way, my friend tried this stuff last weekend for the first time and had a bad skin reaction to it. She's still recovering! It totally dried out her lids and irritated them. Buyer beware!

on 3/5/2009 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this and I LOVE it! I have been using it just as an eye shadow for day as it gives just a touch of shimmer to my eyes. For night, it keeps my eye shadow in place. Love it!

on 3/5/2009 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OMG! LOVES IT! I SAW LOTS OF REVIEWS ON THIS PRODUCT ONE YOUTUBE, WELL THATS HOW I DISCOVERED IT AND I BOUGHT IT AT ULTA FOR $17. KINDA PRICY BUT ITS WORTH IT! TRUST! iF U THINK ABOUT IT U DONT NEED EXPENSIVE EYESHADOWS BC I USED CHEAP EYESHADOWS FROM PALLETTE I GOT MY JCPENNY AND THE COLORS LOOKS SO PRETTY WITH THE PRIMER. AND IT LAST ALL DAY! LISTEN I WAKE UP AT 10 AM PUT IT ON UNDER MY EYESHADOW. GO TO SCHOOL THEN GO TO WORK AT MACORONI GRILL WHERE IM RUNNING ROUND AND IT GETS HOT IN THE BACK AND WHEN I COME HOME AT 11 PM, MY EYESHADOW STILL LOOKS SO PRETTY AND NO CREASE! LOVES IT! U MUST BUY THIS PRODUCT ALL MAKE-UP USERS! ITS A MUST HAVE!

Hands down the best seventeen bucks I've ever spent! It even makes my EDM shadows with totally crappy lasting power stay on! In fact, it's the only reason they're not immediately going in the trash or up for swap. If you wear eye shadow (even MAC or other high ends), you NEED this!

on 3/4/2009 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the way this goes on! It is a must have in my makeup collection. I went to a concert and did some thick smoky eyes.. I did a big nono and fell asleep with my makeup on and my eyes looked just as great in the morning! I will keep this in my makeup forever! Another great selling point is urban decay is peta certified has a lot of vegetarian products and some vegan!

on 3/3/2009 9:52:00 PM

So I have oily eyelids. Whenever I wear eyeshadow I get that nasty crease thing going on. ICK. This stuff keeps my lids matte and keeps the shadow from getting cakey and chunky. Good stuff!

This is an amazing product. It makes your shadow so much more vibrant, and even $5 cheapo eye shadow quads last all day. It also has a really good consistency.

Video Reviews & Tutorials