April 19, 2014 | 1870 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupisagirlsbestfriend

Like everyone else has said, this is a great primer for eyeshadow! I love it! It really does prevent creasing of eyeshadows and provides a smooth, clean canvas for you to work on. I find some of my duller eyeshadows to look better using udpp than without using it. I have not tried other eyeshadow primers, so I cannot compare UDPP with those, but I do recommend this one! I like it!

Only issue is packaging, because the way it is shaped. There is still a lot of product left even when you *think* there is none left. Like others have suggested, simply cut the tube in half and scoop out the primer that is left on the sides (where it cannot be reached) and put it in an airtight container for further use! Get the most out of your money! Don't let them fool you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I think that the product works well. But the packaging stinks! If you put the potion in another container, you'll be much happier.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by MissMichelle895

i think this is a great primer. no creases no fading...i have oily lids and at the end of the day my makeup still looks fresh. i cant stand the packaging knowing that i wont be able to get every single drop out of it but it'll do. i use it on my bottom lid as well, so my eyeliner stays in place and it works great. besides the wand/bottle, i love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by xPollyPocketx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this primer is great!
I'll go as far as applying a little bit to my waterline, letting it dry, then applying my eyeliner to my waterline, and it actually STAYS PUT the whole night.
right on my waterline. without the primer, my eyeliner on my waterline smudges so bad in only about 20 minutes, so that there's not even any kind of line there anymore.
so it's not JUST for eyeshadow, trust me!

plus the little bottle is so cute and nice looking, I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 9:18:00 AM More reviews by jmdmdm

This product is amazing! It makes eye makeup last all day without moving, creasing or smudging, At the end of the day your eye makeup looks like you just put it on. I have not found any other primer that works even half as good or as long. However, the packaging sucks, there is no way to get all of it out of the tube or to see how much is left.
But I will still buy it anyway even though half of it gets wasted because it is just that good.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Battlez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dried my eyes out SO bad. The top lid was flaky and the bottom under eye had massive wrinkles. Took like a week of exfoliating and moisturizers just to get back to normal. I bought this for a Christmas party to look great, instead I looked like I was 10 years older. UGH!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by jtinch4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product!! I have oily lids and this product is great and makes my eyeshadow last all day until i wash it off. I just don't like the bottle because you cant use 100% of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Nebula711

I love this product so much. I have very oily eyelids and my shadows always used to crease 1/2 way through the day. Especially creme shadows and MAC pigments. I heard about this and decided to give it a try. I love this stuff. My shadow now lasts all day and never creases. Even creme shadows stay put with this stuff. It also makes the colors pop and stay much truer to how they look in their pots. The packaging is cute but not practical. You miss out on so much product because it is all stuck in the bubbles part near the top where the brush can not reach. I found some good tutorials on youtube though that show you how to get all the extra out. I would def. recommend this to anyone with oily lids or just anyone who wants their shadow more vibrant. I will be repurchasing again when I run out of this one.
For those who don't wanna spend the $16 on this stuff L'oreal makes a primer called decrease that works well too. I believe its about $9-10.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

There are very few products that I actually finish and this is one. I love what it does for my eye makeup. I have oilier lids and eye shadows would crease and never be true to their colour. This little baby cured that. A little anecdote to further exemplify its magic.... I kickbox and I forgot to remove my eye makeup before I began to workout. My eye makeup did not move....no streak, no smudge, no creasing.... the colour was still bright and beautiful!!!
My gripes are few and pretty much the same as everyone elses... the packaging and the price. UD really needs to take a look at revamping how the product is dispersed. I shouldn't have to cut open a bottle in order to remove the last bit of product.

Other than that, awesome!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UPDATE: the bottom of this pimer comes off easily. I just stuck a pair of scissors into the bottom until it bent and cracked. used the same scissors and cut some slits down the tube and voila. Used Q-tips and starte scooping! MAN for something that appeared to be FINISHED i have a nice lil container FULL of primer

I honestly thought this worked at keepin my shadows on longer...

I have noticed lately that my eyelids have been very dry and i thought it may be because of prolonged eyemakeup. I will try the smashbox primer see if it makes a diff.

this stuff is mucho expensive and the packaging sucks. I dont think i want to waste a good knife tryin to cut it open for all the un reachable product.