September 30, 2014 | 1138 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by TwinkleKat

Fantastic stuff, makes your eyeshadow last forever. colours look vibrant on top of this aswell. Only downside i found, was that the bottle dried out quite quickly for me (not sure if i had an off one or not?) I'd still buy it again though, just a pity it didn't last me longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to get this and sorta disappointed by the results. I didn't think my lids are that oily in the first place but I guess they are because UDPP does not work well alone on my eyeshadows and a after a couple hours my eyeshadow will crease even after letting it dry on my lids for 5 minutes. And a little does not go a long way, I have to use a fair amount to get it to last longer. However, if I use MAC paint pots along with it, it does last longer. Around 8-9 hours for me when used with a paint pot. I think I will invest in some TFSI to see how that works out for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2009 1:42:00 AM More reviews by marshmellowz08

I really liked this product, as I heard about it from a coworker and of course all over review sites like these. I tried it out for myself and found that it made my eyeshadow much more brighter and was pretty good at staying on. I liked it a lot, but unfortunately my eye lids would get irritated by it after awhile and it would look puffy. I'm still not too sure why I must be allergic and I wish I didnt have this problem, because this is a great product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Great staying power. The packaging is ridiculous. It makes my shadows more vivid and stay for hours - without creasing. However, I feel like my lids look dry and have a rough texture when I use this. It makes me not what to use it. I would imagine that this is best for people with really oily lids. My lids aren't super oily per say - but I have issues with my eyeliner transferring to my upper eyelid ....so this was really just to try to keep my liner in place... I use mac paint pot in painterly and get the same effect - and my lids don't seem as dry... This does make my skin a bit itchy. I'm going to try Too Faced Shadow insurance...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2009 6:48:00 AM More reviews by shaleelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really like this, it works perfectly. but there a few things that irk me.

1) if i put this on my lashline, it gets into my eyes and it stings SOOOO BAD! which is a bugger because eyeliner is my staple, and that was kinda the point that i bought it the first place, so that my eyeliner would stay better (and so that the shadow that i use to smudge it out with stick) so yeah, i have to be very careful when i use this.

2) the tube makes it really hard to get all the product out. ive had mine for 2 weeks and already it seems like its starting to run out, but i KNOW that there is plenty more in there. if it came in the tube like the two faced shadow insurance then it would get the 5 lippies

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by areyoubewhy24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I took off a lippie because of the horrid packaging. If you want more bang for your buck, then do like the rest do and cut the bottle on top and bottom. I was able to fill 2 small MAC sample containers with the extra that I scooped out. It will probably last me another 2-4 months. I use this product every single day and eyeshadow can stay on for up 16 hours for me.NO smearing or cracking. Incredible stay power even through a rigorous workout, hours of dancing and summer outdoor activities.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by pink_rosies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm just starting to try Urban Decay as they don't experiment on animals and they have some gorgeous colors! My eyelids are perhaps the oiliest ever made, and this product works extremely well!

To get the best results really try to avoid applying eye cream on your upper lids in the morning (hey let's face it, moisturizing is a necessity so it's hard! lol) and make sure you apply the potion from lashline to brow (oil is sneaky!!) and I always apply a little bit on my lower lid to help keep my eyeliner in place. I will buy this over and over again. I love UDPP!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by PlaysWithMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Whether you're just beginning to play with make up or are a pro - this is the ultimate cosmetic item you SHOULD have in your arsenal.

I have oily skin, so normally my eyeshadow starts to crease or fade pretty fast. With the Potion Primer, my eyeshadow sticks on all day (from 5:30 in the morning till 9 at night). It also brightens your eyeshadow too, giving it a little pop.

Just a little dab will do you, don't put too much or else it'll make everything cakey and flakey.

The bottle is cute, it seriously is like a potion cause it works amazingly. Others may have had problems with the bottle, but I keep it upright standing on my vanity dresser so it all flows to the bottom. And if you have a hard time gettting stuff out, as you pull the wand out move it in a circular motion so it scrapes the insides and gets some of the potion on the wand. You can also microwave it for a few seconds (just a few!!!) so it flows easier. Sometimes I do that with mascara so I can use every last drop.

I've tried tips from other people - use your liquid foundation or dab concealer onto your eyelids to make shadow stick. But nothing works like the Potion Primer!

I can't wait to try the new Sin version, I love shimmer! Definitely buying this over and over, the value of it is worth more than the cost :) LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by candycanefaery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. It is in a cream form and blends in easily to the eyelids. It works extremely well on my oily eyelids. It's not hard to blend eyeshadow either, in my opinion using this. It makes all of my eyeshadow colors pop and last all day without creasing. I would not apply my eyeshadow without a primer and this one does the trick. The only downfall is the inconvenient packaging which doesn't allow you to use all of the product and you have to cut it open and do all sorts of weird things to get the product all out. But it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by preciouspink

This stuff is great. If you have oily to super oily lids it works awesome! But if you have normal lids it might be a tad drying. I wear it everyday even if I'm just wearing eyeliner.