October 22, 2014 | 1870 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by salsabrosa

I was pretty excited about this when I first started using it. This was the first eye primer I tried due to all the products raves on YouTube.

After using it for a while, I noticed how it dried out the skin on my lids horribly, and I have VERY oily lids. With time I also found it extremely hard to apply on my lids. Not sure if it's because I've had the bottle for a few months already so maybe the product has dried out a bit??? Which is pretty disappointing.

All in all, it controls my the oil on my lids, makes the eyeshadow stick and last, but completely dries out my lids and is very hard to blend.

I will stick to Too Faced Shadow Insurance which DOESN'T dry out my lids and is much easier to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by nintastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the only eyeshadow base I've ever used, so I can't really compare it with the other ones on the market. I do know that it does wonders as far as reducing creases and extending the wear of my eyeshadows, and that in itself makes it a worthwhile purchase for me. Totally worth the hype.

The packaging is pretty, although it does become a pain in the butt when you start running low on the product. Taking the stopper out definitely works, and is a lot less complicated than slicing the bottle open-- I usually save that as a last resort. I've been told that they're developing new packaging for it (similar to Too Faced Shadow Insurance packaging- the squeezy tube) but I don't know when that's supposed to go into effect.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2009 3:50:00 AM More reviews by stomishi

I used this before and wasn't wild about it. I am going to give it another try, because I realize the importance of an eye shadow base. I think that I am going to do tests of this vs. other primers on the other eye. To be determined...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by idontknowmomo

Use this everyday, with a colored base over it. Makes shadow last all day long, but it doesn't seem to be any more vibrant.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by kmeverson

I REALLY wanted to love this product as much as everyone else loves it. I don't find this works exceedingly better than concealer and powder; maybe a bit better. When I use UDPP and MAC's painterly paint pot, nothing moves. That being said, the paint pot doesn't do this by itself either. The combination of the two works wonders for me. So, while UDPP alone is not wildly successful for me, it is in combination with the paint pot. I'll definitely continue to use the two together.

Someone has GOT to do something about this genie bottle. The magic really is how you get everything out of the bottle, even after surgery.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by 10amald3

I decided to try this product after i began wearing eyeshadow and all my shadows would crease after a while or rub off all together. To me it is rather expensive, but if you think about it all you need is one swipe so it will last you forever. It goes on smooth and transparent, the shadow stays on forever without creasing and the colors are so vibrant. I don't have any problems blending as some people argue. I love the bottle design but its not very practical. I would buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

LOVE. i always do smokey eyes when I go out, this just brings out the color more and stays all night ! LOVEE . but the bottle does suck.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by emyj

goes without saying the packaging sucks. you would think they would have picked up on customer's complaints/suggestions of this error..especially since it's obviously a hot selling item. i cant believe they even put out the new PP in the same exact container. they must be packaging it like this on purpose so that we must buy more! i know i will.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 2:51:00 AM More reviews by sooosheee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first e/s primer that ive tried so I cant reall compare it to others. I love that it makes shadows much brighter, vivid and true to color from my e/s pans. But, ive found that my shadow does still crease and I dont have oily skin or eyelids so thats kind of weird. I also tried using it under my eyes for eyeliner (on top of concealer) i kind of left it for a while and saw that it kind of crumbled very icky :( another thing is its not quite invisible or i guess not for my skin tone (im tan with olive/yellow undertones) and I was in a rush the last time and didnt notice that i put it on a part where i wasnt gona put e/s and there it was sticking out. But overall, i think this product is pretty decent, I will continue to use it. Oh and a little goes a long way, i find that it works better that way instead of putting on a lot. hope this helps

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by TexasPretty

I absolutely love Primer Potion. Every time I wear eyeshadow (which is usually only when I want to dress up) I use this stuff. It basically pancakes your makeup on and doesn't let it budge. I'm a swimmer, and I've found my eyeshadow lasts all through practice and sometimes even the shower afterwards. The best way to use it to keep from having creases is to put a decent amount on each lid, blend well (to were it looks like you have foundation on your lids), dust with a translucent powder FIRST to set the cream, and then apply your shadow, it works wonders.