MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

I got this for my sister in a swap from a great MUA'er, and it looked so great on her combination/oily t zone skin that I had to try it. It's probably not the best choice for my skin type, which is normal, but I'll do my best to give it a fair review. :)
The color match is excellent, I looove MAC for that! I apply this with a large powder brush and it covers nicely without being too cakey. It tends to look and feel a little bit dry...I guess I just prefer a dewy finish, but oh well.
As far as powder foundation goes this does a great job at being just that...It's amazing how un-cakey it is, and it gives great coverage. It holds up in the South Florida heat nicely. I probably wouldn't buy it again, since it's just not for me, but I *do* like dusting this over Studio Tech on days that I want to look more polished.
continued >>

Studio Fix foundation in pressed powder is great: it is easy to apply (being in powder form) but it covers like a liquid. The price is a bit steep ($24), but MAC has a wide variety of shades. The finish is matte, but it goes on a bit thicker than a regular pressed powder, so it covers blemishes and ruddiness wonderfully. Would definitely purchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

i orginally bought studio fix just to see what it was like -- i wasn't quite sold on the idea of a powder foundation, fearing it would look too cakey. but i've really grown to love it. when i started out i was applying too much, but have since learned that i only need a bit (applied with a big powder brush, not a sponge) for excellent coverage that doesn't look obvious and doesn't make me break out. i would agree with other reviewers that studio fix probably isn't appropriate for those with dry skin. but for oily, sensitive, acne-prone it's great!

I have used Studio Fix for years and I still love it. It is really the only makeup that I continue to buy faithfully. It never breaks out my blemish-prone skin and covers amazingly well. Great color selection as well, very easy to find a perfect match.

Great colour selection that matched my mid-pale yet prone to tanned skin. Great packaging - love it. Been wearing it for years (since high school). Wouldn't reccomend for someone with dry skin. Overall good coverage.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love the Studio Fix. I am a C3 and its perfect for my face coloring. It stays all day and I only need to touch up once during the day. It does help with my oily face.

I use a regular powder puff to put it on. This works great for me.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Slow to coming to the world of MAC, this is my first MAC purchase, and I'm LOVING it. I've been trying to find a great powder foundation, and this may be it. The coverage is wonderful - I can make it as sheer or not as I want depending on what I need that day, and the color is great for me (NW20).

I used to wear this a lot, back when i was into powder foundation. It covered red spots pretty well. It looks a bit too heavy for me though. But i would still buy this if i want to wear powder found. again. They have a good color selection. It helps my face to stay matte.

Love this product. I am African American and wear NW43. It covers without being too heavy, it has the right undertones so that it looks natural, it stays put and the price is right. Have tried so many foundations but I keep returning to this one.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I also reviewed this under 'Studio Fix', this is the same review. This is the only foundation product I use. It doesn't irritate my skin, never looks cakey or unnatural, and makes my already great skin look absolutely flawless. While it is more expensive than a pressed powder by a drugstore brand, it is money well spent because you can get an exact match to your skin and it will last forever. Note: I do not use the sponge included to apply Studio Fix. I prefer lighter, more natural coverage, so I apply it with my beloved Sephora Retractable Powder Brush. continued >>

Video Reviews & Tutorials