MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

I like the texture of this product, as it's very fine and smooth. The problem I have is that it settles into the pores on my (dry) cheeks and looks like flesh-toned freckles. Would probably be good for someone with oilier skin.

Edit 7/12: I like this much better when applied with a brush...keeps it from settling in my pores and looking cakey.

on 3/20/2003 4:12:00 PM

I love most of MAC products. Especially the eyeshadow because it's cheaper than most brand name cosmetics line out there. I really love Studio fix at first, but lately, I've noticed that it makes my skin oily... it sucks... I am a powder-foundation type of girl. I don't like the fuss of liquid... so if anyone out there can recommend a great powder-foundation, please e-mail me. Thanks.

on 3/12/2003 10:26:00 PM

I am sooo disappointed!!! I had high hopes for this foundation since it's one of the few makeup lines with true yellow-based foundations (C2 was a perfect match) and it was my last resort since Bobbi Brown made me breakout. I ended up returning my Studio Fix foundation the day after I bought it because this was not the right formula for me. I have sensitive/combination skin, and the powder seemed to sink into my pores making them appear larger than they actually were. I made sure I moisturized really well before applying, but I still ended up with chalky, dry patches as well. I may try the liquid versions and see if they work better for my skintype. Beware all of you combo/sensitive girls, this may not be the one for you.

on 3/12/2003 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Studiofix has been my #1 foundation for quite a while now. Coverage can be customized, depending on whether you use a sponge or brush to apply. (I use a kabuki brush.) NC15 is a great match for my very pale skin, making it look finished without being chalky. I'm spoiled for the ease, speed and polish Studiofix provides. I can't imagine going back to liquid foundation.

on 3/12/2003 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This one wasn't for me.
Pros: good color choice, great coverage, easy to apply. Cons: broke me out in just one day, accentuates dry patches (gets flaky), creases into fine lines, no oil-controlling properties.

on 3/9/2003 1:05:00 AM

I always come back to this easy foundation. I put it on dark circles and red spots with the sponge and use a big Stila brush to dust it over the rest of my face.

on 3/1/2003 2:41:00 AM

got a matching shade in NC35. i use it as a loose powder when i do not need that much coverage. it does not cake on me or look powdery. no spf and little oil-control.

on 2/22/2003 8:52:00 PM

This product looked too dry and cakey on my skin. But, I do keep it in my purse to "prep" my lips for lipstick/liner. It works well for that.

on 6/20/2002 3:00:00 AM

Horrible stuff, this. The effect is the same as you would get with stage makeup- thick, dry, cakey and flakes on even slightly dry areas. I would rather go without makeup than wear this, it's pore-clogging and just awful.

on 2/18/2003 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this for a few weeks now, and it's Fantastic-- it evens out my skin tone very well. It's the most flawless-looking foundation I've tried so far. It's perfect on my combination (slightly oily nose) skin. I'm usually afraid of foundations and feeling "gunky," but I don't even notice it.

If you want lighter coverage, use a brush (as others have suggested) instead of the sponge. This stuff lasts all day.

Video Reviews & Tutorials