Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/27/2009 12:33:00 PM

This stuff really helps my eye shadow and liner last. Everything creases on me, so this really helps. I still have some fading after a while with some shadows, but it's way better than without this primer. It can look kind of cakey if I line my lower lash line with it in order to keep liner/powder from running/creasing below my eye. Because of that, and reading about the packaging issue (I haven't used mine up yet, so I haven't had to cut it open!) I'll probably try too faced shadow insurance next time, but this is definitely good stuff.

on 3/27/2009 8:04:00 AM

Hmm.. I read some of the reviews before buying, and expected a lot. I use mainly mineral eyeshadows, and this primer might make them last A BIT longer, but the difference isn't really noticable on me. I might buy it again, though, as it feels quite nice on, and makes application a bit more easy.

on 3/26/2009 10:56:00 PM

This product is amazing! I was lazy and didnt take my makeup off (from all day) a couple nights ago and the next morn I still had perfect eyeshadow. WOW! a must have

on 3/26/2009 9:38:00 PM

I bought this product because of all the great reviews, but I have to say that it doesn't work on me. I don't see any difference when I am using the primer. I use mineral eyeshadow, I don't know that does it make any difference.
But I won't buy it again, what a waste $$!

on 3/26/2009 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Its a real must have! It helps to fix any eyeshadow for hours! The packaging is not a good idea at all, well it looks nice but you can't reach the end. I used to find the texture very good but now its a bit weird, I guess I'm probably reaching the end of the product! I've bought the shadow primer for Too faced ( that I will probably start using in a few days) to try something new but UDPP is still a must have!

on 3/25/2009 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got a free sample of this when I bought the urban decay shadows and now I am addicted. It makes the colours pop and creases are non existant! So I will be sticking to this product. Such a pretty bottle too but because of the shape, you don't get every last drop of the product.

on 3/25/2009 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A must if you wear eyeshadow. Makes the shadow stay put through tears, rain and rubbing. Will repurchase.

on 3/25/2009 5:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Excellent product!

on 3/25/2009 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is such a great shadow primer, I too use it even when I dont wear eyeshadow because I have oily lids and I hate that but this has great staying power and wont crease at all, and when I use it when I do have shadow on it is great because the shadow will like stick onto it, and will last all day n night, the packaging is the worst, but the product is just great!**UPDATE** 02/19/10 I got my second little bottle of this, and I dont know maybe I'm tripping out, but this second bottle, the formula seems to have changed, its more watery and my lids actually crease now, and that never ever happened before with the first bottle I had, I dont know I just personally feel the formual changed but who knows, I think I might be trying that shadow insurance product, I've been hearing is real good.

on 3/25/2009 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

As most other reviewers have already said, this is a fantastic eyeshadow primer! Whenever I apply eyeshadow, it tends to dust off onto other parts of my face (something that my sister absolutely hates when she tries to test eyeshadow on me), but with this magical potion, it applies very smoothly and stays PUT all night, even when I'm clubbing (and therefore sweating) and yes, it even stays when I rub my eye!! No smudging whatsoever--everything is exactly as it is when I first put it on, no matter what, and I loveee that. The packaging is so-so, I can see why some others may be frustrated as they use more and more of the bottle, and it can be hard to apply to the eye since you kind of have to rub it in and using the applicator wand doesn't help much because it keeps adding more primer on, so use your finger or Q-tip. The price isn't too bad, considering what you get for it, and I used a coupon from Ulta, so I got it for about $12. Definitely recommend this!

Video Reviews & Tutorials