September 2, 2014 | 927 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by burr17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

at first i liked this product because i made my e/s more vibrant and last all day, but after awhile when i applied this, it hurt my eyelids, made them burn and very sensitive, and i have dry skin and the more i would blend my e/s in, it would make my eyelids flake. i used it for about 3 weeks, then the product was already drying out! im going to get shadow insurance next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by lula17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my first review on this site but this product works so well I was compelled to write. I've had the same problem with eyeshadow disappearing mere hours after having applied it due to "greasy" eyelids or whatever. I always thought it was the shadow but I've tried many brands from expensive to inexpensive. My sister read about this product after doing some research and we both decided to try it. It works wonders. My shadow and liners stay on and vibrant until I remove them. Even after 12 hours. I will definitely repurchase and want to try the new shade "Sin" as well. Packaging sucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Ginnybaby2007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to finally review this product and I have to say that I'm really liking this. I put this on around 3:30 p.m and I took it off just now (12 a.m.) and I noticed as I was about to take it off that the color looked as vibrant as when I first put it on. I also swiped my eyes with one finger to see if it would smudge and it didn't. I have to admit that I was wondering what all the hype was all about and now I know.
I keep reading that the bottle needs to be cut open to get the remaining product but I guess that I won't be doing this anytime soon since I bought the real big size from Sephora a while back when they had the two e/s and this for the price of one. How awesome is that? Now I'm looking forward to doing my eyes because of this. I put down that I will definitely repurchase but it's going to be a long while from now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ahaydel

UDPP is awesome! It not only provides a good base, but eliminates the blueness/redness of my lids. My eyeshadow lasts forever - no touch-ups during the day needed. Yes, the packaging stinks! I followed instructions on youtube for cutting open the end using a knife and guess what? It was super super easy. There is easily another year's worth of product in that container that you just can't get to with the wand. So don't be scared - open it up and scoop out the extra product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by spendy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hate to jump on the bandwagon but I have to agree this stuff is terrific! I'd never heard of it until I read all the great reviews on MA. I can put my eye makeup on in the morning and NEVER have to touch it up throughout the day. When I look in the mirror at night before I wash my face (somewhere around 11-12:00) my eyes look EXACTLY the same as when I did them 15 hours earlier!! The first day I used it my little 5 year old held my face in her hands to admire my "sparkly eyes" when I took her to bed. Just a tiny dab works---I even spread it slightly under my lower lashes so I don't get my usual slight bleeding (remember Alice Cooper?) of eyeliner/eyeshadow. I just got it so I'm sure I'll be dissecting the bottle to get all of it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by princessporkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this primer keeps all your eye shadow on and makes them last all day and night. It is great because sometimes your eyelids get oily but with this product it keeps it on without smudging or wiping off. Applying this under my eyeshadow allows me to not worry about it for the whole day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Colourpop

It seems I am a latecomer to this potion, on seeing so many rave reviews I have purchased some and it really is great! I am wearing it for the first time today with a sparkly pink Urban Decay shadow and there is not a crease to be seen. I will be using this under all eye colours from now on. Fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 9:10:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

Count me in as a fan of this product. It does all everyone is saying it does. I just smear a tiny bit on my eyelids, do my eyeshadow as usual, and I can count on coming home from work that night with my eyes looking the same way as they did before I left the house. it really is amazing stuff. I am a busy, working mom, and I keep my makeup routine VERY minimal. But I always use this, or else my eyeshadow rubs off before I even get to work! Good stuff, worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 2:44:00 AM More reviews by sassx23

This shadow primer is absolutely fantastic. I have oily eyelids, and before I discovered this I would spend so much time on my eye makeup only to have it crease and fade within a couple hours. It's true that you can sleep in your makeup overnight and still have it on in the morning (not that I do this on a regular basis). It also helps intensify the colors, and make less-pigmented shadows look better. Sometimes I even use a little on my brows or lips to get my pencil/lipcolor to stay on longer.
The only downside is it is difficult to get out all the product inside. The strange shape means a lot of it gets stuck on the side and is wasted. The solution is to cut it open with a sharp knife (wear gloves or something and be careful not to cut yourself); then scoop out the product and put it in a small airtight container. This way you can actually double the amount you can use, and have to purchase it less often. Clumps of Mascara is the blog I saw this tip on, if you follow this link you can see what I'm talking about.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by sephoraaddict88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this item because of the reviews and I have to say that it is really good. It makes the eye shadows more vibrant and it makes them last long. I could go to sleep with my makeup and wake up the next day and it still looks good (by the way I know its bad but sometimes i get lazy, lol) The only downside is that the packaging makes it difficult to get the product out so even if there's a ton of product inside it can seem like there isn't. I guess you would have to pry it open eventually.