April 17, 2014 | 1916 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by sarahmats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE the product. I have asian almond shaped eyes and it's always hard for ANY eyeliner to stay and this baby did the trick. Now, yes the packaging sucks, BUT when you open it up it's like an AWESOME surprise! I put my extras in a lip gloss pen like Enkoremakeup on youtube. And the look of the packaging, i think, is pretty cute. I will definitely buy again. The price isn't ridiculous and it's a worth buying, but I wish it was cheaper seeing that I am rather moneyless.. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by ems36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although $16 seems a little steep for the teeny little wand, I would pay much more for this stuff. I have VERY oily lids, and without fail, at the end of the day, before discovering UDPP, my eyeshadow was creased mess that bore no resemblance to the eyeshadow I applied in the morning. Now, I think of my life in terms of before UDPP, and after UDPP (not really). A thin layer goes a long way and really prevents creasing, even in the middle of summer. It also makes eyeshadow colors really pop. The packaging really could be myriads better, however. You cannot get all of the product out without cutting the tube open, as several MUAers have done. I'm not brave enough to do that yet, but even so, one tube does last me a very long time. Apparently, Urban Decay is fixing the packaging, so we'll see.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Cerebro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best eyeshadow primer BY FAR. I have really oily lids and have to use this almost everyday to prevent creasing and fading.

I recently purchased Too Faced Shadow Insurance because I read good reviews on it too, but it doesn't even compare. I'm going right back to UDPP.

One of the things I love about it is if I wipe my eyelid nothing will come off - not even a hint of eyeshadow. This will hold up about an entire school day for me, but I might have to redo and reapply UDPP things if I'm going out for the night, which isn't that much of a problem.

I'm taking one star off of this for the sucky packaging though. Too Faced Shadow Insurance did beat UDPP in that area.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by AshleyLizz

I absolutely love this product!! It doesnt dry out my lids, and it keeps my shaows on ALL day...the packaging does kinda suck though

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by naschrei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is amazing but the packaging concept is awful. I followed what others have done and cut the tube open so I could have access to the GLOBS of product that was left inside, clinging to the walls.

The potion itself has a great consistency, it's creamy and goes on well with fingers (I never found the applicator it comes with to be very useful at all).

It dries pretty quickly and prevents creasing & fading and really, does everything a primer should do.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by plussize1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

okay i am a convert, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by McConville32

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! It is a great eye primer. It prevents creasing, goes on smoothly, and my eyeshadow/eyeliner is more vibrant and stays put all day long. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupisagirlsbestfriend

Like everyone else has said, this is a great primer for eyeshadow! I love it! It really does prevent creasing of eyeshadows and provides a smooth, clean canvas for you to work on. I find some of my duller eyeshadows to look better using udpp than without using it. I have not tried other eyeshadow primers, so I cannot compare UDPP with those, but I do recommend this one! I like it!

Only issue is packaging, because the way it is shaped. There is still a lot of product left even when you *think* there is none left. Like others have suggested, simply cut the tube in half and scoop out the primer that is left on the sides (where it cannot be reached) and put it in an airtight container for further use! Get the most out of your money! Don't let them fool you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I think that the product works well. But the packaging stinks! If you put the potion in another container, you'll be much happier.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by MissMichelle895

i think this is a great primer. no creases no fading...i have oily lids and at the end of the day my makeup still looks fresh. i cant stand the packaging knowing that i wont be able to get every single drop out of it but it'll do. i use it on my bottom lid as well, so my eyeliner stays in place and it works great. besides the wand/bottle, i love it.