July 30, 2014 | 1237 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This certainly works very, very well at what it's supposed to do - keeping eye shadows vibrant and crease free for however long you want to keep them on. No fading whatsoever. The downside is that because they don't budge or smear, it is also very, very difficult to blend my shadows when I'm applying them. And as many, many people have mentioned, the packaging sucks. I have a mini of this that came with a palette, and I'm happy to use it for now, but I'm sticking with Too Faced Shadow Insurance and MAC Bare Canvas Paint as my main eye shadow bases. There's just no way in hell I'm risking injury by sawing UD's bottle in half.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by rasberryrose

I like it. Before this I could only wear dark eyeshadows because light ones faded too quickly. Now I can wear light eyeshadows and the dark ones last longer.
Will be trying silk naturals primer though as it is less expensive and the packaging looks better.
edit: I e-mailed silk naturals and was told I should stick with this until my eye lids become dryer. Furthermore, I tried elf's primer, it did hardly anything if anything at all for me. If you tend to have normal to oily lids, this is probably holy grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by shy_makeup_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

TOTAL HG PRODUCT!
never fails!
great on dark skinned ppl!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 6:39:00 AM More reviews by yuphehe

Got a small tube of this with the palettes, and I must say I love it. I have Toofaced shadow insurance, and I prefer this because the consistency is a little thicker and smoother. It works wonderfully. Its great the Urban Decay puts this product in most of their gift sets.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! AMAZING AMAZING. I love this product. Okay I rarely get this excited over anything but really this product is nothing short of amazing. Ive had insanely bipolar, hormonal, belligerent and basically terribly oily skin since I was 10. Ive also had cystic acne since then (now under control thanks to retinA). but eyelids were one place I wouldnt put the retinA (couldnt) and remained so so soooo oily. Well ladies UDPP is the solution. Its the miracle product. Its just a light skin colored primer; its nothing fancy and I like it like that. It enhances the colors of my shadows and makes them stay on no matter how long I'm out and about. I have 2 research jobs and am a full time student and frequently have 12-18 hour days 5 days a week. This keeps my shadows on and has people asking me why I dont look tired (or greasy) by the end of the day. Im a huge believer. UDPP: if you were a man, Id marry you!
Only complaint is the packaging, which might make you think you've run out long before you have. If that happens PLEASE cut open your pack and look inside there will be enough to last you another 6 months :)
But nonetheless at 16 dollars this is no price to pay for the FULL use of all your shadows you ever had. I would pay this five times over. My first true HG product. I would definitely rebuy this. I will till I die.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Crista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Until recently I did not spend alot of time w/shadows. More of a eyeliner and mascara kind of girl. But I didn't know how many options using a primer could give you. Shadow lasts all day. Colors that I thought would not show on my skin actually looked as great on as the did in their containers. Very pleased. HG for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I've never reviewed this product! Its a staple and a HG for me--as it is to many. I've used this since it came out and have repurchased at least 4 times since then. I don't use it daily because I often use long lasting cream shadow and simply don't feel the need for the UDPP on those days--so its lasts a while for me. I do find that if I wear it very often it does start to dry my lids a bit, but not horribly bad. This stuff keeps my makeup on during a 5 hour show (I'm a singer in a band!) with no smudges and very little wear. I love and need this stuff and I will continue to use it and plan on buying the new Sin version! Yay! Love live UDPP!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Luquinb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best primer! My eyelids used to get very greasy and nasty! But with this...its just the best. My eyeshadow NEVER creases. I can go dancing and my eyeshadow looks like I just applied it. Love this stuf!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by celluloide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was recommended to me as I have very oily eyelids and it does a perfect job in ensuring my eyeshadow stay on my lids and doesn't crease through out the day. I take most of my make up off when I get home and my eyeshadow still looks as good as it did when I first applied it that morning.
As the other reviewers have mentioned, the flawed design of the packaging means that most of the product is wasted unless one breaks upon the bottle to extract the remain primer but, other than that, it is truly fantastic. I am perfectly happy with it for the present.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by kmelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a mini Primer Potion with the Sustainable Shadow Box for free, so I can't say anything about the price or the packaging. Either way, Urban Decay is really hard to find in Greece, Sephora stocks very few items and they haven't brought the full size Primer Potion yet. When my mother brought this for me from the UK as a Christmas gift, I was more excited about trying the primer more than the eyeshadows!
I'm not really happy with this primer. It goes on dry on my eyelids and even though my eyeshadow lasts for about 6 hours, it will crease. I use the Art Deco eyeshadow primer usually and this allows my eyeshadow to last for about 10-12 hours and very little creasing after that.
I really wanted to like this as I've heard so much about how good it is, but it just didn't wow me.
Edit: I think it is causing a small flare-up of eczema next to my eyelid. Not happy about this, I have lowered the rating.