December 20, 2014 | 1631 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2002 5:55:00 PM More reviews by askewchick

Although I quite like this foundation in general and I find the packaging and color (NC20) to be a perfect match, I really wish it would control oil a little better. I know that oil-control is supposed to be left up to powders and matte foundations, but I had hoped since this was a powder-foundation that it would be the best of both worlds. Such a shame. But its still an excellent product I recommend to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2002 12:10:00 PM More reviews by achyo

I have really found a keeper. This is the best everyday foundation out there and I have tried many! I don't think I have used liquid foundation in over a year!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2002 2:35:00 PM More reviews by kasandra

I have this foundation in NC35..it's a nice color match for my asian skin which some other brands dosen't match it perfectly.
but the only prob with this is that it seems too thick and heavy for me sometimes when i want a more natural finish..i guess it's cuz MAC is more of a studio makeup
overall i would buy it for colder weathers

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2002 4:02:00 AM More reviews by kittyhawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Though it's a very convenient foundation compact, I will not buy this again cause it clogged my pores. But it does have very good coverage. The other downside is that it oxidizes real fast, making the face look darker by noon. I will only recommend this to those who have fine pores and good normal skin.

UPDATE: Recenly I repurchased this at a shade lighter than the one I had before. Thought I gave this another try. I've found a trick to applying this without looking cakey and powdery. First I apply my Chanel foundation. Then I smooth studiofix over with a large powder brush. It amazingly covers my pores and blemishes well. And the effect stays till the end of the day. I've also found my perfect shade NC20 which matches my fair Asian skin. With the Chanel DPF foundation underneath, surprisingly the studiofix powder did not oxidize. So the colour stayed true all day. And I've received compliments on my makeup that it looks more natural and flawless than before. I'm very happy now that I've found my perfect match!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2002 7:18:00 PM More reviews by sh01

I love MAC Studiofix. I stopped using it for awhile but recently went back to it and forgot how much I missed it. This makes my skin looks flawless. It gives me a nice matte look which is good because my skin is super oily. I will repurchase once I run out but it won't be for awhile since this stuff lasts pretty long.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2002 1:48:00 AM More reviews by glassofwater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One time, I was trying to woo the love of my life ( it's always on again off again) BUT I had a massive zit farm cropping on my forehead. It was horrendous info-mercial style! This product is was my only saviour. He was left with a vision of nice skin. I almost wanted to cry with how well it worked! When I am elected the first female president, I will pass these out to every woman in America! How did I live before this product?

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2002 9:22:00 PM More reviews by CrZyGrrrL479

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the hardest time finding foundations and powder that match my skintone. I have this in NC35 and it is a perfect color match for my Asian skin with yellowish undertones. I don't use this by itself as a foundation because when I did, it looked very cakey and didn't cover well. I prefer my liquid foundation instead. I do use this with a brush and apply it over my foundation to set it. This way my skin looks smooth and my makeup looks even. I give this 3 lipsticks because it's supposed to be a powder foundation but I would never wear this alone as a foundation because it looks way too cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2002 5:26:00 PM More reviews by gloryDOTcom

This is the best powder foundation out there, in my humble opinion. The shades are extensive and there's one for every undertone color in the book, just about. Application is great for those mornings where you're too tired to pay attention to what you're doing. It comes with the Disc Sponge which is actually really good for the job, but some prefer using a foundation brush. The packaging is very practical in that there's a separate part which holds the sponge--very sanitary. And for $22.50, lasting me about 8 months, that's not bad at all. I've used this foundation since 2000 and I don't plan on changing anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2002 12:02:00 PM More reviews by tcdawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite foundation EVER. Love that it's a powder and I can just slap it on in the morning when I don't have time to mess around with blending a liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2002 5:29:00 PM More reviews by noelle2328

First off, I must describe my skin type: Extremely sensitive (meaning, only a handful of products will not turn me red/irritate my skin in some way), combination, and very acne-prone. I purchased this because I was looking for a powdery foundation with a nice matte finish and excellent coverage and staying power. StudioFix gave me all of this, with NO breakouts whatsoever. It goes on sooo smooth, and the color match is perfect (C2; I'm light with yellow undertones), it actually makes my skin glow! I love how it lasts all day, and never streaks or cakes on me. Of course, I still have to blot my face with oil absorbing sheets, as my skin is oily, but I notice that my skin oil does not alter the color or break it down. So if you're looking for that picture-perfect, flawless matte finish, I would strongly suggest that you try this! And there are so many colors, you are sure to find the perfect match for you!

**UPDATE 2/04** I have since gone back to this after feigning makeup junkie fever and trying everything on the horizon. People say it looks very natural on me, and I get compliments on my skin when I wear it. My hypersensitive skin has not reacted to this, and the price is right.

**Update 3/09 - Still using this and love it. I have tried almost every powder foundation out there (Chanel, MUFE, Laura Mercier, Estee Lauder DW, Everyday Minerals, etc) and I always come back to this. Oddly enough, I find I get the best finish when I use the enclosed sponge (not common, I know); I guess something about my skin's weird texture needs the sponge to smooth the foundation out. Everytime I try to use a brush, it gets cakey in areas that my skintone is rough/scaly/dry, and it looks too white for me. But applied with the sponge, the color is spot-on and you cannot tell I am plagued by dry patches on parts of my cheeks. I think that if you get the right color/tone for your skin, this will look very nice on you and not fake at all. Love the lasting power as well, even through multiple blottings (I'll probably blot until I'm 60 with my skin). Bottom line is, take the reviews with a grain of salt. There are many products I did not like that got high reviews here. You have to find what's right for you, and no one else! Hope your foundation hunt ends here like mine did.