August 2, 2014 | 1197 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2002 1:13:00 PM More reviews by StephB

I'm not quite sure why this product gets such rave reviews. I know it works for some people, but tons of people can't wear it. This was the first powder foundation I ever tried and I did like it at the time. It never dawned on me that this was when my skin started breaking out...I never put the two together. I wore it for a while and liked it. I ran out and my skin cleared up! Imagine my surprise! I'd never broken out from a product before.

I decided to try it again when they changed the formula. I got some small bumps from it and it was so cakey/heavy looking and made my skin a grease-pit (I'm not even that oily!)

I'm glad I didn't get turned off of powder foundations for good. I have used Aveda's Dual Minus Oil and Body & Soul Two-in-One for several years and love them both! They give me a much more natural look and last while not breaking me out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2002 9:32:00 PM More reviews by makeupdiva23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This gives a nice coverage. It's not heavy at all (when applied dry with the sponge that comes with it), yet it evens out my skin tone very well. Although I have to use it along with the select cover-up to get the full coverage that I need on certain areas. *Update* I think this gave me cystic acne when I used to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2002 4:23:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far I am loving this foundation!! I can go with sheer coverage or a heavier coverage. No breakouts either like I experienced with Stila IPF. Great color match for my skin as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2002 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Cutie7

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation powder is amazing! Not only is the selection great (over 25 colors available - one will definitely match any skin tone) but the staying power and coverage is good. I have tried many liquid foundations: Chanel, Prescriptives, Giorgio Armani, and was a little hesitant about tring MAC. MAC foundation powder has a medium coverage and lasts all day. For best results, put on your favorite concealer first (under eye circles, blemishes, etc.) then apply the powder with a light touch from the side of your face, avoiding the eye area, in a downward strokes to the center of your face. Don't put the powder near the eye area as your concealer should provide you enough coverage and you don't want to look dry. The results and finish (smooth and matte) are phenomenal! Giorgio Armani is my favorite liquid foundation and MAC is definitely my favorite powder foundation. Great price too, especially compared to other high end brands - about $22.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2002 8:56:00 PM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my holy grail foundations. I use C3. I love the color, I get a lot of compliments on it. It is all you need in one because it is a foundation powder. Easy for touch-ups and my friends claim that for clubbing/dancing for hours, this makeup stays in place and gives the look that I have not been dancing/sweating.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2002 9:26:00 AM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've finally found the perfect foundation (NW45). I was a little skeptical about buying this powder because of the the hefty $22 price but heard so many raves that I just had to try it. The MA at the MAC counter used a brush to apply it on me . It looked really natural and not too made up so I bought it. It has good staying power, but after wearing it for a while I started noticing a slight orange cast on my face which I constantly wiped away. NW45 looks different according to the formula it's in. UPDATE: I've switched to MAC's Studio Tech foundation in NC50 which looks much much better. It's closer to my natural skin tone. I've been using the wrong color all this time. Who knew? I've also noticed that my skin doesn't get as oily with this creamier foundation. And of course I have to set it with a powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2002 7:29:00 PM More reviews by cybelle79

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OK, I have been hearing how fabulous this is from some of MAC's very own make up artists I know, and it does make their skin look absolutely fabulous, so I decided to try it even though I prefer liquid foundation. Well, I should have listened to my instincts , which were to avoid it. I got the lightest color they make, and it was at least 2 shades too dark for my fair(bone white) skin! It turned a putrid shade of orange..especially where I tried to build up coverage to cover a few blotchy spots. I guess this is a great product if you have fairly good skin in a more average skin tone than mine. But i have to give the MAC artists credit..i was able to return it with no receipt and no box..and they helped me find something more suited to my skin tone! This produst is definatly not for those few of us that have neither a pink or yellow undertone, since their colors are very geared towards those shades, no such thing as a neautral color in this foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2002 1:48:00 PM More reviews by AMMC

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I know every, or most everyones loves this stuff so I thought I'd give it a try. I only used it once & had to return it. Made my skin look worse. Very cakey & you could definently tell I had makeup on. Made my pores look huge. Very disappointed. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2002 6:17:00 PM More reviews by robyne

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a fantastic powder foundation. They have a great color selection with many neutral shades. I use C3 and am very happy with the coverage and feel of this makeup. My skin doesn't get an oily shine in the afternoon like other foundations so I love it! I also like the fact that I can build up the coverage if I get any pimples or red areas I want to cover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2002 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

for a great, matte finish