July 22, 2014 | 2085 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2002 9:26:00 AM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've finally found the perfect foundation (NW45). I was a little skeptical about buying this powder because of the the hefty $22 price but heard so many raves that I just had to try it. The MA at the MAC counter used a brush to apply it on me . It looked really natural and not too made up so I bought it. It has good staying power, but after wearing it for a while I started noticing a slight orange cast on my face which I constantly wiped away. NW45 looks different according to the formula it's in. UPDATE: I've switched to MAC's Studio Tech foundation in NC50 which looks much much better. It's closer to my natural skin tone. I've been using the wrong color all this time. Who knew? I've also noticed that my skin doesn't get as oily with this creamier foundation. And of course I have to set it with a powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2002 7:29:00 PM More reviews by cybelle79

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OK, I have been hearing how fabulous this is from some of MAC's very own make up artists I know, and it does make their skin look absolutely fabulous, so I decided to try it even though I prefer liquid foundation. Well, I should have listened to my instincts , which were to avoid it. I got the lightest color they make, and it was at least 2 shades too dark for my fair(bone white) skin! It turned a putrid shade of orange..especially where I tried to build up coverage to cover a few blotchy spots. I guess this is a great product if you have fairly good skin in a more average skin tone than mine. But i have to give the MAC artists credit..i was able to return it with no receipt and no box..and they helped me find something more suited to my skin tone! This produst is definatly not for those few of us that have neither a pink or yellow undertone, since their colors are very geared towards those shades, no such thing as a neautral color in this foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2002 1:48:00 PM More reviews by AMMC

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I know every, or most everyones loves this stuff so I thought I'd give it a try. I only used it once & had to return it. Made my skin look worse. Very cakey & you could definently tell I had makeup on. Made my pores look huge. Very disappointed. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2002 6:17:00 PM More reviews by robyne

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a fantastic powder foundation. They have a great color selection with many neutral shades. I use C3 and am very happy with the coverage and feel of this makeup. My skin doesn't get an oily shine in the afternoon like other foundations so I love it! I also like the fact that I can build up the coverage if I get any pimples or red areas I want to cover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2002 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

for a great, matte finish

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2002 6:05:00 PM More reviews by goldgoat67

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Studio FIx Powder is great. I mean its so smooth and it just makes my skin nice and clean but it makes it look as though I AM NOT wearing any makeup. ITS GREAT and it LASTS FOREVER!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2002 11:12:00 AM More reviews by rlo6

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product has a great silky powder feel and gives great coverage. I tend to have some redness on my face and this product evens out my face without looking thick or heavy. I do use a brush to apply the powder because I want a lighter look but I like the fact that I can get medium coverage if I wanted to by using the sponge that it comes with.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2002 8:42:00 PM More reviews by manon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sadly, this did not work for me. I don't like the powdery finish, and I can feel it sitting on my face. Normal coverage doesn't look natural, and it emphasizes my pores after a while, whereas a sheer application just fades too easily as the day wears on. But it works for many others, so....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2002 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Jeniletv

I love this product. It covers great and you don't need to put a lot on to get a sheer coverage or if you want a more heavier coverage you just apply more. The price is not bad for the quality. I would definatley buy this product again and have recommended it to others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2002 1:39:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

Studiofix is great because you can get as little or as much coverage as you want. Its pretty easy to use and is great to carry around for touch-ups during the day.