MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 1/23/2003 9:54:00 PM

This does have nice coverage but I've noticed that within an hour of applying it my skin looks oily and my pores look bigger. I'm going to stick to my liquid foundations.

on 1/23/2003 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I started with StudioFix since it seemed like the easiest foundation to use. And it is...very easy to apply, you don't have to think about it. But it is much better suited for someone who doesn't have my dry, parched, eczema-prone skin. Even with moisturizing before hand, it emphasizes all the dry flaky spots on my face. But it does last an incredibly long time. I had mine for three years before I switched to liquid foundation.

on 1/23/2003 12:38:00 AM

THis emphasizes any dryness on my skin even if I think I have taken care of it with a moisturizer first. I do not like this product--although it seems to be popular and has a very wide range of shades.

on 1/22/2003 1:21:00 AM

I've used StudioFix pretty much every day for years now, love it, and it's obviously one of my staple products. I need extra coverage due to my ruddy complexion, and I always apply this over my foundation. I have them everywhere - home, purse, & office. My only complaint would be that it SEEMS that after being used for awhile, the product hardens up or something and doesn't apply as well as when it is newer. I sometimes "brush" the top to cure this, but the problem returns. That's really the only reason I'm not giving it 5 lipsticks. I should note that I have sensitive, combo skin, and have had no problems with breakouts or irritation with this product.

on 1/21/2003 2:11:00 PM

I have to say that this is the only "foundation" I have purchased over and over again. Until I tried it I never really liked any foundation - be it liquid, compact, etc. It goes on very smooth and it evens out my skintone perfectly. I can get oily on my forehead so I just you their blot powder to control that.

I agree with other posters that you need to use this sparingly. Too much can make you look fake. If you are afraid to use the sponge just lightly brush it on. I do that alot in summer when less is necessary.

on 1/20/2003 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have C3 which suits my complexion (I'm usually the second or third lightest shade in foundations). The key to using this is to exfoliate and moisturize first because if you don't then it will emphasize every flake and dry patch on your face. I like that this is quick and easy to apply. One swipe lightly around my face provides sheer coverage. Of course if you are looking for more coverage than you can get it from this compact.

on 1/19/2003 4:58:00 AM

Good coverage, doesn't get cakey or oily. I haven't found my exact color match yet though--I'm in between shades. I dust it on with a brush, otherwise it can look cakey on me.

on 1/18/2003 7:54:00 PM

I love virtually everything I have ever tried from MAC, but I have to say I thought the STUDIO FINISH MATTE FOUNDATION was a little disappointing. The coverage wasnt really enough for me and I thought my face was a bit oily from it as well. Not my fave MAC product.

on 1/17/2003 5:45:00 PM

I had the compact foundation and it was just way to cakey. it suck right into the little lines on my face. my skin is dry as it is and this made me look worse.

on 1/14/2003 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't really like the Studio Fix. When I put it on I look really pasty and "all one color." I think the texture is too thick? I do like to wear it brushed lightly over a tinted moisterizer.