Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/9/2009 5:29:00 PM

I prefer the TFSI over this for three reasons 1) this grabs onto colours so well that it makes blending much harder. 2) it dried out my eyelids and made them appear "scaly" and gross. 3) the packaging. I feel that this is better for more humid weathers or for those with more oily eyelids. However, it really does grab onto colours like magic (sometimes a little too well, making blending a nightmare), and I must admit, it does so better than the TSFI . I may repurchase when summer hits and it gets really humid outside. The packaging is a huge downer though, I'm not too sure whether I want to buy the pretty bottle just to have to perform a minor surgery on it AND risk having it dried out on me once transferred.

on 4/9/2009 8:59:00 AM

Best stuff ever! I'm up at 4 in the morning and don't take my makeup off until around 10, and it looks almost as good then as it did when I put it on. Even after I go to the gym my eye makeup is still perfectly in place. My skin is oily, my eyelids especially so, and I've always had problems with creases by lunchtime. I used Laura Merciers eye shadow primer previously, but it was too dry going on and set unevenly. And I still ended up with creases. LOVE LOVE this product!

on 4/9/2009 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

After coming back home from a nightclub (which i danced, sweated and had my fingers touching my eyelids every now and then since im a contact lenses wearer) my eyelids still had same colors stuck there like 96% , but thats no difference from 100% at all unless you look at it close.

Packaging is cute like a toy for little girls, gennie in a bottle. I will repurchase this product but after a long while since it seems to last really long since you dont need much to apply each time. Im satisfied!

on 4/9/2009 2:05:00 AM

What can I say that hasn't already been said? This is the BEST primer for oily lids. Before I tried this, my shadow would crease and settle into a line within an hour, and by the end of the day my lids would be so oily that even my mascara would smudge. Now my eye makeup lasts ALL day . . . literally! I do wish they would change the packaging though . . .

on 4/8/2009 9:56:00 PM

BUY IT. I LOVE THIS. I CAN'T LIVE WITH OUT IT!!

on 4/8/2009 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love. Just love. I have very oily eyelids and this is the only product I've found that truly prevents creasing all day. I do think the packaging is adorable - at least until I cut it open in a few weeks to get out all the extra product that the wand can't reach. That'll be a hassle, but it's a necessary evil for me because this is a must-have.

ETA that I originally published this on 4/9/09, it's now 4/30/12 and I still use this product. Have tried ELF's primer, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and MAC paint pots and still think UDPP is far and away the best eye primer for helping eyeshadow and liner stay put all day and preventing rub off onto oily eyelids.

on 4/8/2009 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't know how I lived without this!! I went to buy it after reading all these reviews. I wear it every day now and its been a lifesaver for my oily lids.

on 4/8/2009 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this about a week ago and I have been using it everyday. It has really worked at helping my eyeshadows not crease. I have oily skin so this has really helped me out.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hands down, I would not be receiving many compliments about my eye makeup, if not for this because i know for a FACT that my eyeshadow would be creased and eyeliner smudging after 2 hours! Yes, this is great for oily lids but it takes use to if you want to blend well. The bottle is a bit frustrating to get the last bit out but..love, love, love!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I gave into the hype and tried this product along with the Big Fatty Mascara, 24/7 Pencil in Bourbon and Primer Potion (Sephora sells prepackaged travel sizes called the Trifecta).

I dont know how I ever thought that MAC Shadestick or Paints were a base compared to this.

No creasing, no fading and everything from my $0.99 to my MAC to my Dior shadows go on and stay on. I will buy again and again (actually I bought the full size before my travel size ran out so I don't have to go a day without it!).

Video Reviews & Tutorials