September 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by myonliztar1

I have oily eyelids and after reading the reviews on here, I decided to try the primer. It costs $16, a bit pricey so I decided I'm going to really test it out before I decide to keep it. I only applied primer to one eyelid, so I could compare difference later on.

So first, the primer kind of made my lid tingly which weirded me out. It also felt tight and dry so applying eyeshadow didnt feel as smooth and normal. I also noticed the eyeshadow color looked different/ darker than usual.

By the end of the day, the primed eyelid was just as oily and faded as the eyelid without primer. So for 16 bucks the primer did nothing for me and back to the store it went.

**by the way, afterwards I just use powder on top of my lids before any eye makeup, and the powder really helps so you might want to try this method first before you spend your money

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I received this in a swap from my Best MUA Buddy, Pootiebear1031. She had an allergic reaction to it so I stepped right in and offered to take it off her hands. LOL UDPP is the first eye shadow primer I've ever used. I never even thought one was necessary. Boy was I wrong. My shadows last all day and are crease-free. It dries quickly so you have to spread it fast. The bottle I have was a sample size, and it came in a cylinder container so I haven't had the issue of the product going to waste. Before I purchase again, I'll wait to see if it's repackaged.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by lewky

Let me start off as saying this was an Xmas present from a friend. She swears by this stuff. I figured it was fine on her but for me it wouldn't work (my eyelids are SUPER oily). But alas, it's a keeper and a miracle product. The only thing is I still get the corner eye goop, even if applying this stuff there. If only they found a product to get rid of that and I'd be set! My only drawkback is the packaging, it dispenses too much of this stuff... But I would repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by mulove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My feeling about this product is a simple one; like the product, absolutely loathe the packaging. Thousands of my fellow mu lovers reviewed this product already, but here's my 2 cents. The product does its job of keeping the eyeshadow stay put all day without creasing & also great at making colors look extra vibrant. The formulation is quite thick & hard to blend. It dries pretty fast, so it must be spread out fast. You only get to use about half of the product from the original packaging. Then, you have to go through the hassle of cracking the bottle open to remove the other half of the product into a container of your choice to use up the rest. It's messy, dangerous if you are not careful & time consuming. You go through all that trouble, only to find out that the removed product dries up & hardens rather quickly. I will NEVER repurchase this item ever again. In my opinion, we as a consumer shouldn't have to go through such a hassle just to be able to use the product we paid for, whether it's $1 or $100. How many times do you hear people complain about the packaging for this product? whether it's on Youtube or here? Yet, Urban Decay does little to improve the packaging, instead they come out with another version of this. When the packaging fails miserably & disappoints customers in great deal, there's no use for cute packaging. In this day and age, consumers are not that stupid if you ask me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by s6bailey

Awful! I keep wanting to love this, but alas, I am returning to sephora. My e/s lasted a couple hours over the UDPP, then POOF, it was gone. Not only that, but one eye went bare before the other one, too funny looking! I'm just going back to priming with foundation, which always worked for me before. I should leave well enough alone however, I love to try new products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by _Vivica

Love. This is probably my favorite product out of everything I own. I've passed out cold in my makeup and woken up the next day at 2 in the afternoon with my eyeshadow still there and not creased. Meanwhile the mascara and everything else was smeared so bad I looked like The Joker. I also figured out that if I take the wand out and bang the tube against a sharp edge it knocks some off the product off the side. I've had one tube for almost a year and doing that I havn't had to cut it open.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by 0heather0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only primer I've tried, so I can't compare it to Two Faced Shadow Insurance as a lot of people do.

This works perfectly in terms of keeping shadow from creasing. It makes my lids very silky so the shadow comes out really even and there is no creasing whatsoever, even after 12+ hours. You have to rub it in immediately after you apply it or it becomes really tacky and hard to spread, so only do one eye at a time. The only problem I have with this is sometimes I get little dry patches, usually on the outer corners of my lids, and they're impossible to rub in; they are like patches of dried glue. This only happens if I don't put moisturizer on my eyelids. The bottle, by the way, is the cutest packaging ever, but I know it wastes a lot of product, so for that I have to give it a poor rating.

I'll probably want to try Too Faced Shadow Insurance next, especially because cutting open UDPP's bottle seems like such a pain. But overall I'm really impressed with how this keeps my makeup in place, which is what I got it for!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by salsabrosa

I was pretty excited about this when I first started using it. This was the first eye primer I tried due to all the products raves on YouTube.

After using it for a while, I noticed how it dried out the skin on my lids horribly, and I have VERY oily lids. With time I also found it extremely hard to apply on my lids. Not sure if it's because I've had the bottle for a few months already so maybe the product has dried out a bit??? Which is pretty disappointing.

All in all, it controls my the oil on my lids, makes the eyeshadow stick and last, but completely dries out my lids and is very hard to blend.

I will stick to Too Faced Shadow Insurance which DOESN'T dry out my lids and is much easier to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by nintastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the only eyeshadow base I've ever used, so I can't really compare it with the other ones on the market. I do know that it does wonders as far as reducing creases and extending the wear of my eyeshadows, and that in itself makes it a worthwhile purchase for me. Totally worth the hype.

The packaging is pretty, although it does become a pain in the butt when you start running low on the product. Taking the stopper out definitely works, and is a lot less complicated than slicing the bottle open-- I usually save that as a last resort. I've been told that they're developing new packaging for it (similar to Too Faced Shadow Insurance packaging- the squeezy tube) but I don't know when that's supposed to go into effect.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2009 3:50:00 AM More reviews by stomishi

I used this before and wasn't wild about it. I am going to give it another try, because I realize the importance of an eye shadow base. I think that I am going to do tests of this vs. other primers on the other eye. To be determined...