Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This is a really great primer and I always use it whenever I want my shadows to last a long time and it really helps a lot. It helps my shadows go on well and I can definately see them lasting a much longer time. Personally I do not really have a problem with the packaging but it is annoying to get everything out of but I have a method in which I de-pot it to get the most out of it.
I would probably repurchase but i would like to try the too faced shadow insurance

I used this for about a year, thinking it was the best stuff on earth. Then, upon further inspection, I realized it was making my high end base shadows appear chalky and uneven. Despite carefully dabbing the "potion" all over my lids, when I'd swipe on my shadows, sometimes it would gap near the outer corners of my eyes. Not all that attractive. To it's credit, it does prevent creasing and it makes my eye makeup last all day. However, it has some major points taken off for its awful, gimmicky packaging. The wand is really unhelpful, and I am not about to destruct the case in order to get my money's worth. If I paid for it, I should be able to get to it, without sawing it apart. My eyelids aren't dry, but they aren't oil slicks, either. The formula would most likely benefit someone with really oily lids, as I think the "chalky" factor is due in part to it being on the drying side. I just bought Too Faced's Shadow Insurance, and I am loving it so far. Silkier texture, perfect packaging, and it keeps even my cream eyeshadows from creasing, which is impressive. I would suggest testing them both out first to see which primer would be more appropriate for you.

on 3/28/2009 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this stuff. I have never used a primer that does what it claims to do, until now. It totally makes my e/s pop with intense color, it extends the wear time beyond my expectations and is very spreadable. The only complaint I have is the packaging. Too cute but too worthless lol. I will definitely be purchasing this product again but I know it will be a long time away because you only need a small dab.

on 3/28/2009 2:57:00 AM

This is my HG product! I don't know how I ever lived without it. It makes my shadow stay on all day- which for me sometimes means 12+ hours. Not only does it help your shadow stay put, but it also helps to make the color payoff better. Best of all, I never get creasing! And I have very oily lids, so for me it is just great.
This product does have some downsides. First, it's kinda pricey. Second, I don't like the packaging. I fell like alot of product gets wasted in the tube. I know of some people who cut open the tube and depot it, but I never have ( I'm thinking about it though).
Overall, I would say, give this a try.

on 3/27/2009 12:33:00 PM

This stuff really helps my eye shadow and liner last. Everything creases on me, so this really helps. I still have some fading after a while with some shadows, but it's way better than without this primer. It can look kind of cakey if I line my lower lash line with it in order to keep liner/powder from running/creasing below my eye. Because of that, and reading about the packaging issue (I haven't used mine up yet, so I haven't had to cut it open!) I'll probably try too faced shadow insurance next time, but this is definitely good stuff.

on 3/27/2009 8:04:00 AM

Hmm.. I read some of the reviews before buying, and expected a lot. I use mainly mineral eyeshadows, and this primer might make them last A BIT longer, but the difference isn't really noticable on me. I might buy it again, though, as it feels quite nice on, and makes application a bit more easy.

on 3/26/2009 10:56:00 PM

This product is amazing! I was lazy and didnt take my makeup off (from all day) a couple nights ago and the next morn I still had perfect eyeshadow. WOW! a must have

on 3/26/2009 9:38:00 PM

I bought this product because of all the great reviews, but I have to say that it doesn't work on me. I don't see any difference when I am using the primer. I use mineral eyeshadow, I don't know that does it make any difference.
But I won't buy it again, what a waste $$!

on 3/26/2009 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Its a real must have! It helps to fix any eyeshadow for hours! The packaging is not a good idea at all, well it looks nice but you can't reach the end. I used to find the texture very good but now its a bit weird, I guess I'm probably reaching the end of the product! I've bought the shadow primer for Too faced ( that I will probably start using in a few days) to try something new but UDPP is still a must have!

on 3/25/2009 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got a free sample of this when I bought the urban decay shadows and now I am addicted. It makes the colours pop and creases are non existant! So I will be sticking to this product. Such a pretty bottle too but because of the shape, you don't get every last drop of the product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials