April 19, 2014 | 1872 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by nicci404

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used it all but wasn't that impressed. My shadow still creased - I tried different brands of eyeshadow and all would crease my lunch time. It felt light and wasn't greasy but I felt like it didn't meet its expectations.When it get slow, it is hard to get the primer out of the bottle...packaging isn't the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by nujnong

My eyelids are very oily. Can't live without this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by rinstarangel

I have such a horrible time with eyeshadows creasing on my eyelids. I have tried many d/s products with no luck. I have recently become a makeup junkie and decided to try it. I am in love!!! Nothing has worked this well. Granted, it's winter and pretty cold and dry, but I'm hoping it will work just as well this summer. I noticed slight creasing starting after about 6 hours, but NOTHING like the gunky creases that I get within a couple of hours of using no primer.

I'm not too fond of the packaging, but after seeing some YouTube videos, I now know how to get the full product amount. A disappointment, but definitely won't stop me from buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by dnemoy85

I am a huge fan of urban decay, lvoe their bright eyeshadow and absolutely love their oilr eduction powder. I used their Primer Potion for years since i love wearing eyeshadow. It comes in a cite bottle and overall works well but not completely crease free. What I didnt like I no matter how clean my skin was I would randomly have a pilling effect when trying to put this on my eyelids sometimes and even worse it you lose way too much product in the horrible shape container since after you cant get anything wit the wand there is so much product left on teh walls of the bottle and at the bottom. Cutting it open is rediculous and its just 2 annoying. Definitely a waste of money in that aspect so this is a product I recently stopped using. Ive treied out almost every other crease rucdtion eye primer available with many being to thick, greasy, bad cases, etc and my new favorite is Too Faced Crease Insurance. I lvoe it since it is very light and creamy, non greasy, works amazing, and best of all comes in a soft tube so you can use every last bit of it. Great buy and hopefully all teh other hardcore urban decay primer potion uses (as I used to be) will make more use of their money and switch over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by tifferifficxo

i LOVE UDPP. before i discovered this, i tried oh so many different ways to keep my eyeshadow from disappearing. it is definitely worth it getting over the price & packaging, in my opinion. this makes my eyeshadow last alllll freaking day. i wouldn't try anything else.
& yes, you can chop the bottle to pieces to get even MORE of the product but a less messier alternative that i have tried is removing the plastic bit at the opening of it. took it out with some tweezers & a nail clipper & afterwards, you'll notice that the wand applicator has a lot more room to move around & scoop out more stuff.
so YES ! i definitely recommend getting this. i haven't tried Too Faced Shadow Insurance but i've heard good things about it. but i'll be stubborn & stick to this for the rest of my life :]

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2009 6:08:00 AM More reviews by natao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very good product - make up stays on and looks perfect whole day. That is what I need, and that is why I'll definitely buy this product again. Cons, as previously already has been said, are: the packiging is bad - you have open the tube with scissors and extract the product if you don't want to throw half of it away. Also, it blends harder then you would expect.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by aries41587

I love the staying power of this base. The tube is impractical and after a few months you have to cut it open to scoop out the other half of the tube but I don't mind. My eyeshadows stay on until I decide to take them off with makeup remover. A downside to this base is I find it hard to blend my e/s, so I add a little Painterly Paint Pot on top which settles the issue. Not sure if I would purchase again, I have been looking at Too Faced Shadow Insurance but I have heard they are very similar.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by desertrat26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok for all of you annoyed about the packaging of UDPP I'm with you! Its a stupid design and you are missing out on a lot of product. So.....go to kuuipo1207 on youtube and look for a tutorial on maximizing UDPP. You will be amazed at the return on your 5 minute investment-trust me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by babyscorpion

I got a sample at Sephora. I was very excited because I have read great reviews about it. My review on it is pretty neutral. While I think it is a good primer and it does help with keeping the eyeshadow longer, i have the same effect with my paint pots from MAC and i like those better. I really do not like the packing of the UDPP, that's why i will not purchase it. I do not have oily lids, so i can't speak to that. I do think it is good, but not a must have for me. If i were to purchase an eye shadow primer, i think i would try Too Faced Shadow Insurance because the packing is easier to use completely. In the meantime, i am very happy with my MAC paint pots.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by tjoyu

UPDATE:1/28/08: I have been using this daily when I get ready in the morning. It's been pretty cold here for the past few days and I'm noticing this works better on me in the current weather. I started using this when it was in the 80's outside and it felt sticky all day. Still can't say I absolutely love it but now I know I get better results in colder weather.
I am relatively new to e/s primers. This is the 3rd one I've tried and I am not all that impressed. I started off with L'Oreal De-Crease and love it still. I have also tried Pure Luxe Cosmetics primer which I think is very good but a bit thin & tacky if it doesn't have enough time to dry. UDPP was just ok for me. I thought the formulation was a bit thin but then I may be use to L'Oreal's thicker formulation. It seemed to allow eyelid oils to seep through about 5 hours after wear causing creasing (with De-Crease I don't ever have this problem) The bottle is super cute and the applicator applies just the right amount. The formulation is smooth and silky feeling but takes a bit longer to dry than I'd like. I also don't like that the tube is opaque...I want to see how much product is left in the tube for the amount of $$ I am paying for this. I know there are die hards who insist on cutting the tube open to get every last trace but I don't feel I should have to go through this hassle for the money paid. I just don't think this lived up to the hype for me.