August 2, 2014 | 941 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by PlaysWithMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Whether you're just beginning to play with make up or are a pro - this is the ultimate cosmetic item you SHOULD have in your arsenal.

I have oily skin, so normally my eyeshadow starts to crease or fade pretty fast. With the Potion Primer, my eyeshadow sticks on all day (from 5:30 in the morning till 9 at night). It also brightens your eyeshadow too, giving it a little pop.

Just a little dab will do you, don't put too much or else it'll make everything cakey and flakey.

The bottle is cute, it seriously is like a potion cause it works amazingly. Others may have had problems with the bottle, but I keep it upright standing on my vanity dresser so it all flows to the bottom. And if you have a hard time gettting stuff out, as you pull the wand out move it in a circular motion so it scrapes the insides and gets some of the potion on the wand. You can also microwave it for a few seconds (just a few!!!) so it flows easier. Sometimes I do that with mascara so I can use every last drop.

I've tried tips from other people - use your liquid foundation or dab concealer onto your eyelids to make shadow stick. But nothing works like the Potion Primer!

I can't wait to try the new Sin version, I love shimmer! Definitely buying this over and over, the value of it is worth more than the cost :) LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by candycanefaery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. It is in a cream form and blends in easily to the eyelids. It works extremely well on my oily eyelids. It's not hard to blend eyeshadow either, in my opinion using this. It makes all of my eyeshadow colors pop and last all day without creasing. I would not apply my eyeshadow without a primer and this one does the trick. The only downfall is the inconvenient packaging which doesn't allow you to use all of the product and you have to cut it open and do all sorts of weird things to get the product all out. But it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by preciouspink

This stuff is great. If you have oily to super oily lids it works awesome! But if you have normal lids it might be a tad drying. I wear it everyday even if I'm just wearing eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by KariRocksOut

Love this! I have oily skin, which means oily eyelids. This is the only product that makes it so I can go all day without re-applying my eye makeup! And I love to use lots of eye makeup (tastefully though!).

I hate the little bottle though, seems like as you use more of the product it gets stuck in the widest part of the bottle and you really have to dig the wand in there to get the product out.

Other than that I'll continue to buy and use this! Nothing else works for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Krisababy

Brilliant product, works extremely well and I would recommend it. However, the packaging is annoying as when you think its finished there is still a lot of product contained in the tube. It requires the tube to be cut open to scoop the remaining product out into a container, youd be surprised at how much is leftover! Make sure that when you perform this that you use an air tight container to store the leftover in as if a container is used that is not air tight the UDPP will dry out and be unusable. Will probably try Too Faced Shadow Insurance the next time due to the poor packaging design of the UDPP (the UDPP packaging is lovely, but not practical) Its a bit pricey but it works very well so in my opinion is worth it, eyeshadows stay on all day (even after having afternoon naps and everything!)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by dinyell

Keeps my eyeshadow on pretty well! Even the stuff that tends to fade and crease after an hour or so was still as vibrant as when I put it on 10 hours earlier!
I'm impressed! I just wish it was a little bit cheaper!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product for 4 times before giving it up. By mid day my eye shadow would began to slide off onto my eyes. By five, I could barely keep my eyes open. Maybe it's just me, but this product does not work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by sandy123

This product was okay. The price was really up there and the packaging is the worse. It's bad because you don't even end up using all the product that is in the bottle until you cut it open it. The only thing that i liked about this product was that it didn't crease my eye lids as much and it stayed on longer. But the down fall of it is that when you put your eye shadow on top over it, the color isn't as vibrant as it should be. So i have to use a cream eye shadow over the primer potion and then my eye shadows. So agian, i will not be buying this product again because it really wasn't worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by melilic

So thanks to MUA and the posts about this product, I now wear eyeshadow again. I had given up a year ago from the constant creasing and problems of getting my eyeshadow to stay put all day. This product is a lifesaver, and my eyes look pretty again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have heard the myths and gossip about how great and fantastic this product is. For the longest time I have been using MAC paint pots to provide a base for my e/s, but I wanted to try a product specific to "priming" my eyelids. All I can say is this product lives up to the hype. I have tried it with a range of e/s, and it works. It actually makes the cheap/ less pigmented e/s look fabulous... I was shocked!!... and it stayed in place for 8+ hours!! I would highly recommend this product and I do to anyone who comments or asks about my e/s. The only con is the packaging as I have a hard time getting the last of the product out from the bottom of the bottle.