April 17, 2014 | 1901 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, let me add my 2 cents to the all the reviews.

This is the BEST of the bunch, no creasing, smudging, smearing of any e/s from the very cheapest to the most expensive. Yes, the packaging is horrible and surgery needs to be performed at some point, but since UD hasn't changed the packaging and even issued a new version in the same packaging they obviously don't mean to change it anytime soon.

This goes on opaque, holds onto eyeshadow like iron and comes off clean at the end of the day. Enough said!

$16 USD

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by MsCosmetics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Having only recently started using primers, I bought a few to try out.
I had a small 'trial' sample I suppose that came free with some urban decay eyeshadows, and the first couple of applications I could not see what the fuss was about. It went on sort of watery & I found it made my eyeshadows go on 'tacky' & really difficult to blend.
I then got a full sized version of the primer & gave that a go and wow what a difference! It went on smoothly, dried quickly and my eyeshadows went on easily, not awkward to blend and the colours looked amazing - so much more vibrant!
I now think this is the best of the bunch I've bought. Packaging is terrible & fiddly but the product makes up for it.
I'll be cutting it open when the time comes to get that extra product out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 9:51:00 AM More reviews by theseahag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've worn eyeshadow over the last few years, mainly because it never ever lasts. Although the rest of my skin is normal-dry, it seems I have very oily eyelids and eyeshadow usually slides off in a couple of hours. I've tried other primers and powders before but they haven't worked. After reading a load of rave reviews of UDPP I thought I'd give it a try.

So, I decided to do a test. Yesterday I wore eyeshadow without UDPP. 3 hours after application the colour had gone and my eyelids just looked a bit dark and shiny. You couldn't tell what colour it had been. Today I used the same eyeshadow [UD Smog] with UDPP. The colour seemed a bit more vibrant going on, and it definitely has staying power. It's now 6 hours after application and it looks the same as it did this morning. So it definitely does the job!

The only thing I'm not all that impressed with is the packaging. As a lot of other people have commented, the shape of the tube means you can never get it all out with the wand, and I've seen exactly how much extra you can get out by cutting it open. Which you really shouldn't have to do.

Overall though, LOVE it. Basically it means I can now wear eyeshadow, which was a waste of time in the past. A new HG product for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by koolaidd

best eyeshadow primer in the market! keeps my oily lids from creasing my shadow and makes the color appear more vibrant and lasts the whole day! only problem is the packaging

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by lovenoemie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading all the rave reviews here and find it to be just ok. I love that this keeps my eyeshadow from creasing, especially since I have oily eyelids, but the packaging is really disappointing. There is no way anyone will be able to get all of the product out of this tube. Overall, I like it, but will probably never purchase again because of the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by ljlw0629

Sorry to rain on the parade for this product. I bought it based on rave reviews; however, I find it merely okay and will not repurchase. First, I do not like the packaging - no way you can get all the product. Second and most important, my eyelids are pigmented and I want a primer that gives a nice neutral canvas. Urban Decay is too sheer unless I layer it on and even then, I do not like the results. Until I find something I like better, I will stick with my Clinique touch base, the only Clinique product I have stayed with over the years. I can actually use just the touch base and a bit of mascara for an almost no makeup look - cannot do that with UDPP.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is ok. When I first used this I thought it was amazing. But after a coulple wks of using, I found out my $3 E.L.F. eye primer works better! I definitely see creasing throughout the day even with this under my shadow. I will probably try Too Faced SI next.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 5:02:00 AM More reviews by seiya_odango

This is my HG primer for now. I really think those with oily lids will appreciate this primer the most. It really makes shadows vibrant and pop and I it makes my eye shadow and liner last for almost the whole day with little smudging. Without it my eye makeup literally melts off onto the rest of my face in a big greasy mess.

The reason it doesn't get five stars is because it makes the eye shadow a little harder to blend, and the packaging is not the best. You are stuck with this odd shaped genie tube that makes it impossible to get all of the product out.

I have tried many other primers, but I always come back to UDPP.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by nicci404

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used it all but wasn't that impressed. My shadow still creased - I tried different brands of eyeshadow and all would crease my lunch time. It felt light and wasn't greasy but I felt like it didn't meet its expectations.When it get slow, it is hard to get the primer out of the bottle...packaging isn't the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by nujnong

My eyelids are very oily. Can't live without this product!