September 20, 2014 | 1508 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Olivine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best eyeshadow base...ever. It's as simple as that.

I have oily lids and have always had a problem with shadows creasing and fading on me over the course of the day. This ingenious product solves all of that. It is a velvety smooth, pale fleshtone cream base that dries to a matte finish.

Here's how I use it: I blot any excess oil off my lids first, apply a small amount over my eyelid, blend, let it dry for a few minutes then apply my shadow over top. And voila-it stays put. It made fade a tiny bit over the course of a long day but I experience no creasing whatsoever with this regardless of what brand or type of shadow I use. I also find that this product makes the shadows apply more smoothly, makes them easier to blend and they look brighter.

It is a tad expensive but nothing works quite as well as this. I highly recommend this and will repurchase forever. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by janesmith12345

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent as a primer and does a good job of keeping powder shadow intact. However, my beef is that it caused clogged pores and breakouts along the browbone. I definitely liked the consistency and slip of this (as opposed to the watery consistency of Benefit Shelaq), I am going back to Shelaq.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by simplychic26

I actually had the sample from their Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Palette but I LOVE IT! I love the texture of it and I think it applies really well to the lids. It doesn't crease and the color blends really well! I am planning on getting the full size. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by mgjolley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this item on the back of my hand and the result was this "potion" made it really HARD TO TAKE my eyeshadow OFF COMPLETELY. This is what I am worried about but it may be exactly what you want it to be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by trackypup

Awesome!!! This is the first e/s primer I've ever used. Everyday I put my e/s on at around 7 am when I get home around 5:30 pm, there's colour still there but it's faded and creased...not with UPDD, I've used it every day this week and WOW, my eyeshadow looks just applied after 12 hours. I'll definitely keep buying this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by myonliztar1

I have oily eyelids and after reading the reviews on here, I decided to try the primer. It costs $16, a bit pricey so I decided I'm going to really test it out before I decide to keep it. I only applied primer to one eyelid, so I could compare difference later on.

So first, the primer kind of made my lid tingly which weirded me out. It also felt tight and dry so applying eyeshadow didnt feel as smooth and normal. I also noticed the eyeshadow color looked different/ darker than usual.

By the end of the day, the primed eyelid was just as oily and faded as the eyelid without primer. So for 16 bucks the primer did nothing for me and back to the store it went.

**by the way, afterwards I just use powder on top of my lids before any eye makeup, and the powder really helps so you might want to try this method first before you spend your money

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I received this in a swap from my Best MUA Buddy, Pootiebear1031. She had an allergic reaction to it so I stepped right in and offered to take it off her hands. LOL UDPP is the first eye shadow primer I've ever used. I never even thought one was necessary. Boy was I wrong. My shadows last all day and are crease-free. It dries quickly so you have to spread it fast. The bottle I have was a sample size, and it came in a cylinder container so I haven't had the issue of the product going to waste. Before I purchase again, I'll wait to see if it's repackaged.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by lewky

Let me start off as saying this was an Xmas present from a friend. She swears by this stuff. I figured it was fine on her but for me it wouldn't work (my eyelids are SUPER oily). But alas, it's a keeper and a miracle product. The only thing is I still get the corner eye goop, even if applying this stuff there. If only they found a product to get rid of that and I'd be set! My only drawkback is the packaging, it dispenses too much of this stuff... But I would repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by mulove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My feeling about this product is a simple one; like the product, absolutely loathe the packaging. Thousands of my fellow mu lovers reviewed this product already, but here's my 2 cents. The product does its job of keeping the eyeshadow stay put all day without creasing & also great at making colors look extra vibrant. The formulation is quite thick & hard to blend. It dries pretty fast, so it must be spread out fast. You only get to use about half of the product from the original packaging. Then, you have to go through the hassle of cracking the bottle open to remove the other half of the product into a container of your choice to use up the rest. It's messy, dangerous if you are not careful & time consuming. You go through all that trouble, only to find out that the removed product dries up & hardens rather quickly. I will NEVER repurchase this item ever again. In my opinion, we as a consumer shouldn't have to go through such a hassle just to be able to use the product we paid for, whether it's $1 or $100. How many times do you hear people complain about the packaging for this product? whether it's on Youtube or here? Yet, Urban Decay does little to improve the packaging, instead they come out with another version of this. When the packaging fails miserably & disappoints customers in great deal, there's no use for cute packaging. In this day and age, consumers are not that stupid if you ask me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by s6bailey

Awful! I keep wanting to love this, but alas, I am returning to sephora. My e/s lasted a couple hours over the UDPP, then POOF, it was gone. Not only that, but one eye went bare before the other one, too funny looking! I'm just going back to priming with foundation, which always worked for me before. I should leave well enough alone however, I love to try new products.