Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/10/2009 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i picked this up after seeing the constant raves for it on the boards, and returned it to Sephora just as quick as I bought it! Fast forward a few months, and after seeing the continued raves, decided once again, to pick this up and give it another whirl ... and then, with zero regrets, quickly swapped this out for something useful. I honestly don't understand the hype about UD Primer Potion. Don't get me wrong .. I love Urban Decay overall and have loads of their stuff .. but Primer Potion just didn't live up to the hype. For starters, the packaging sucks .. the product itself seemed runny (both times) and was very sheer. What I usually look for in a shadow base is something to even out my lid and provide a good foundation to apply shadow on. Primer potion definitely didn't do any of the above. It seemed like it took entirely too long to set/dry, and was a sheer veil of nothingness on my lids. I've had a couple mini's from various palettes, and quickly swapped those off just as fast .. and went right back to my MAC paints and paint pots.

on 4/10/2009 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING PRODUCT! I have very, very oily skin and shadows will crease before lunchtime! I put this on at 6 am, work 8-5, go to class from 6-9 and when i get home it still looks like I just applied my makeup, I will never be without it again!!

on 4/10/2009 9:54:00 PM

Got a .55 oz of this at my Ulta store for only $22. Great deal! I was using MK primer (blah) and MAC paintpot in Soft Ochre (actually great to use alone without shadow to even out eyes, otherwise it creases). The UDPP did not crease and shadows stayed on all day, colors still vibrant by the end of the day! Def. A HG for me!

on 4/10/2009 2:18:00 AM

This stuff is genious! I have always had trouble with my shadows creasing because I have greezy lids. LOL. Well this stuff holds it on all day until I wash my face. I am so happy to have found this product!

on 4/10/2009 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i used this primer to see if all the commotion was true. i applied it to my lids before applying my eyeshadow. i wore a purple & pink eyeshadow. im not kidding, a couple of hours later, the colors were fading!

i was really disappointed that this primer didnt do its job. i tried it again, gave it one last shot, same results. i really wanted this to work on me...

still looking for the perfect eye shadow primer...

on 4/9/2009 9:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I was skeptical about whether this product would live up to its rave reviews. I have to say, I am amazed. I want to rub this stuff all over my face. My waterproof liquid eyeliner often starts to transfer to my brow toward the end of the day because of my super oily eye lids. I don't normally even bother with eye shadow because even with regular primer, it's creased and gone within hours. But I've been wearing eyeshadow and liner for over 12 hours now and they look like I just put them on. This is my HG.

on 4/9/2009 5:29:00 PM

I prefer the TFSI over this for three reasons 1) this grabs onto colours so well that it makes blending much harder. 2) it dried out my eyelids and made them appear "scaly" and gross. 3) the packaging. I feel that this is better for more humid weathers or for those with more oily eyelids. However, it really does grab onto colours like magic (sometimes a little too well, making blending a nightmare), and I must admit, it does so better than the TSFI . I may repurchase when summer hits and it gets really humid outside. The packaging is a huge downer though, I'm not too sure whether I want to buy the pretty bottle just to have to perform a minor surgery on it AND risk having it dried out on me once transferred.

on 4/9/2009 8:59:00 AM

Best stuff ever! I'm up at 4 in the morning and don't take my makeup off until around 10, and it looks almost as good then as it did when I put it on. Even after I go to the gym my eye makeup is still perfectly in place. My skin is oily, my eyelids especially so, and I've always had problems with creases by lunchtime. I used Laura Merciers eye shadow primer previously, but it was too dry going on and set unevenly. And I still ended up with creases. LOVE LOVE this product!

on 4/9/2009 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

After coming back home from a nightclub (which i danced, sweated and had my fingers touching my eyelids every now and then since im a contact lenses wearer) my eyelids still had same colors stuck there like 96% , but thats no difference from 100% at all unless you look at it close.

Packaging is cute like a toy for little girls, gennie in a bottle. I will repurchase this product but after a long while since it seems to last really long since you dont need much to apply each time. Im satisfied!

on 4/9/2009 2:05:00 AM

What can I say that hasn't already been said? This is the BEST primer for oily lids. Before I tried this, my shadow would crease and settle into a line within an hour, and by the end of the day my lids would be so oily that even my mascara would smudge. Now my eye makeup lasts ALL day . . . literally! I do wish they would change the packaging though . . .

Video Reviews & Tutorials