September 2, 2014 | 1891 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by sanderlees

I have so many mixed reviews about this product... here we go:

- Sephora raised the price from $18CAD to $22CAD -- that is a $4 jump!!! WTF!

- I LOVE the product but absolutely HATE the packaging. I used Enkore's decanting method of putting the extra product in lipgloss pens. After a year's use, i was still able to fill up 3 entire pens. HOWEVER -- after only 3 weeks, the products have dried up in all 3 pens... what a waste....

- 5 for the product and ZERO for the packaging -- i cannot believe that Urban Decay have not heard the cries of their consumers and continue to pump out their product in this crappy bottle (including the new Sin shade)...

- I have never tried Shadow Insurance (because it may not work on my oily lids and it is more expensive)... but in the long run, if i get every product out of its package, it's A LOT cheaper than UDPP...

- I AM UBER PISSED that so much product is wasted... omfg...

- The only way I will ever buy this product again is if UDPP changes its packaging to something more practical...

- I would like to stress that i am absolutely in love with the actual product... i just can't keep throwing unused product away/wasting over half of it because of UD's incompetence with coming up with a new bottle/tube... sigh...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by azianbeauty

This stuff works sooo good. It keeps your eyeshadow in place throughout the entire day! No creases or anything. It even gives your eyes a slight shimmer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Luda_Parker

First of all the good: this stuff is wonderful, in that it truly does stop eyeshadow creasing, and keep it exactly where you put it until the end of the day when you come to take it off.

The bad: I know lots of people have commented on this already, but the cute little bottle is SO impractical. It's almost criminal - how dare they sell an expensive product in a bottle where you end up wasting almost half of it?!

So, be careful (lots of videos on youtube showing you how to do this) but do cut open the tube and depot when you think you've run out as you'll find a HUGE amount left in there. I've done it once, but I can't be bothered to depot another tube, so I shan't repurchase when there are other similarly good products available in more sensible (and fair to the customer) packaging - you would be sensible to think about buying one of these instead too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Olivine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best eyeshadow base...ever. It's as simple as that.

I have oily lids and have always had a problem with shadows creasing and fading on me over the course of the day. This ingenious product solves all of that. It is a velvety smooth, pale fleshtone cream base that dries to a matte finish.

Here's how I use it: I blot any excess oil off my lids first, apply a small amount over my eyelid, blend, let it dry for a few minutes then apply my shadow over top. And voila-it stays put. It made fade a tiny bit over the course of a long day but I experience no creasing whatsoever with this regardless of what brand or type of shadow I use. I also find that this product makes the shadows apply more smoothly, makes them easier to blend and they look brighter.

It is a tad expensive but nothing works quite as well as this. I highly recommend this and will repurchase forever. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by janesmith12345

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent as a primer and does a good job of keeping powder shadow intact. However, my beef is that it caused clogged pores and breakouts along the browbone. I definitely liked the consistency and slip of this (as opposed to the watery consistency of Benefit Shelaq), I am going back to Shelaq.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by simplychic26

I actually had the sample from their Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Palette but I LOVE IT! I love the texture of it and I think it applies really well to the lids. It doesn't crease and the color blends really well! I am planning on getting the full size. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by mgjolley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this item on the back of my hand and the result was this "potion" made it really HARD TO TAKE my eyeshadow OFF COMPLETELY. This is what I am worried about but it may be exactly what you want it to be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by trackypup

Awesome!!! This is the first e/s primer I've ever used. Everyday I put my e/s on at around 7 am when I get home around 5:30 pm, there's colour still there but it's faded and creased...not with UPDD, I've used it every day this week and WOW, my eyeshadow looks just applied after 12 hours. I'll definitely keep buying this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by myonliztar1

I have oily eyelids and after reading the reviews on here, I decided to try the primer. It costs $16, a bit pricey so I decided I'm going to really test it out before I decide to keep it. I only applied primer to one eyelid, so I could compare difference later on.

So first, the primer kind of made my lid tingly which weirded me out. It also felt tight and dry so applying eyeshadow didnt feel as smooth and normal. I also noticed the eyeshadow color looked different/ darker than usual.

By the end of the day, the primed eyelid was just as oily and faded as the eyelid without primer. So for 16 bucks the primer did nothing for me and back to the store it went.

**by the way, afterwards I just use powder on top of my lids before any eye makeup, and the powder really helps so you might want to try this method first before you spend your money

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I received this in a swap from my Best MUA Buddy, Pootiebear1031. She had an allergic reaction to it so I stepped right in and offered to take it off her hands. LOL UDPP is the first eye shadow primer I've ever used. I never even thought one was necessary. Boy was I wrong. My shadows last all day and are crease-free. It dries quickly so you have to spread it fast. The bottle I have was a sample size, and it came in a cylinder container so I haven't had the issue of the product going to waste. Before I purchase again, I'll wait to see if it's repackaged.