September 20, 2014 | 1880 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2002 7:41:00 PM More reviews by MightyMia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this stuff forever and I love how nicely it covers up my spots. You can either load it on for blemishes or just dust it on for a light powdered look. It totally mops up oil. I prefer a dry sponge but I used to use a brush all the time. Very versatile!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2002 2:57:00 PM More reviews by suhfaith

I am so impressed with ths product! I have been using it for two years now, and I think that is the longest for me to remain loyal to any one foundation.
I love the fact that you can layer this foundation to whatever type of coverage you need. And there is no annoying smell, as with many liquid foundations!
I have dry, sometimes combo, sometimes oily skin and my only problem is that it can make my skin rather oily in the t-zone areas. I would keep a pressed powder on hand for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2002 12:09:00 PM More reviews by laurilauri

good coverage and plenty of colors to choose from but i don't really need a heavy foundation so i've stopped using it. i found it made me look a little too made-up

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2002 5:55:00 PM More reviews by askewchick

Although I quite like this foundation in general and I find the packaging and color (NC20) to be a perfect match, I really wish it would control oil a little better. I know that oil-control is supposed to be left up to powders and matte foundations, but I had hoped since this was a powder-foundation that it would be the best of both worlds. Such a shame. But its still an excellent product I recommend to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2002 12:10:00 PM More reviews by achyo

I have really found a keeper. This is the best everyday foundation out there and I have tried many! I don't think I have used liquid foundation in over a year!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2002 2:35:00 PM More reviews by kasandra

I have this foundation in NC35..it's a nice color match for my asian skin which some other brands dosen't match it perfectly.
but the only prob with this is that it seems too thick and heavy for me sometimes when i want a more natural finish..i guess it's cuz MAC is more of a studio makeup
overall i would buy it for colder weathers

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2002 4:02:00 AM More reviews by kittyhawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Though it's a very convenient foundation compact, I will not buy this again cause it clogged my pores. But it does have very good coverage. The other downside is that it oxidizes real fast, making the face look darker by noon. I will only recommend this to those who have fine pores and good normal skin.

UPDATE: Recenly I repurchased this at a shade lighter than the one I had before. Thought I gave this another try. I've found a trick to applying this without looking cakey and powdery. First I apply my Chanel foundation. Then I smooth studiofix over with a large powder brush. It amazingly covers my pores and blemishes well. And the effect stays till the end of the day. I've also found my perfect shade NC20 which matches my fair Asian skin. With the Chanel DPF foundation underneath, surprisingly the studiofix powder did not oxidize. So the colour stayed true all day. And I've received compliments on my makeup that it looks more natural and flawless than before. I'm very happy now that I've found my perfect match!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2002 7:18:00 PM More reviews by sh01

I love MAC Studiofix. I stopped using it for awhile but recently went back to it and forgot how much I missed it. This makes my skin looks flawless. It gives me a nice matte look which is good because my skin is super oily. I will repurchase once I run out but it won't be for awhile since this stuff lasts pretty long.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2002 1:48:00 AM More reviews by glassofwater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One time, I was trying to woo the love of my life ( it's always on again off again) BUT I had a massive zit farm cropping on my forehead. It was horrendous info-mercial style! This product is was my only saviour. He was left with a vision of nice skin. I almost wanted to cry with how well it worked! When I am elected the first female president, I will pass these out to every woman in America! How did I live before this product?

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2002 9:22:00 PM More reviews by CrZyGrrrL479

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the hardest time finding foundations and powder that match my skintone. I have this in NC35 and it is a perfect color match for my Asian skin with yellowish undertones. I don't use this by itself as a foundation because when I did, it looked very cakey and didn't cover well. I prefer my liquid foundation instead. I do use this with a brush and apply it over my foundation to set it. This way my skin looks smooth and my makeup looks even. I give this 3 lipsticks because it's supposed to be a powder foundation but I would never wear this alone as a foundation because it looks way too cakey.