MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 3/28/2003 12:27:00 PM

i had c3 and that was way too light and made me look pasty. i bought c4 and its way way way darker than c3 and looks orange and cakey and gets darker later in the day. this formula is too heavy and does not control oil at all. would not buy again

on 3/27/2003 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

iiiick. This foundations is so heavy ad it made me break out. It also made my face itch. I do not reccommend this product it you have alot of acne because it will make it stand out more. My skin is mostly clear and it made me break out and it made my skin look cakey. It you want to try this product I reccommend using a fat powder brush to apply it as opposed to the sponge it comes with or even better off use a face primer some liquid foundation with a sponge and some translucent loose powder on top. It will look a lot better, belive me.

Fabulous. My favorite thing about this product is that you are in control of how much coverage. You can go the spectrum from sheer to full depending on how you choose to apply it. I apply it w/ a powder brush on good days, and on bad days I use the sponge provided and get a little more coverage. Always looks natural, never cakey and lasts all day.

on 3/23/2003 1:09:00 PM

Love this stuff! Great finish without looking like I have a cake face! Lasts such a long time! Great buy.

on 3/22/2003 10:17:00 PM

This works great as a touch up powder for me. I couldn't use it as a foundation, because it wouldn't give me the coverage I need. I take it every where. It is my "pressed powder" when I use it as such it lasts me 6 months. It feels nice on my skin. It adds just the right coverage after my foundation is applied. I like it lots. But I agree that after awhile it is harder to apply because it kinda crumbles or something.

on 3/20/2003 4:33:00 PM

I have used this for several years and I still love it. I agree with SueG - brush application works best. The sponge does not work for me. Also, you really have to experiment with your moisturizers to get it right. UPDATE: A little too oily for me now. I switched to Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base.

I like the texture of this product, as it's very fine and smooth. The problem I have is that it settles into the pores on my (dry) cheeks and looks like flesh-toned freckles. Would probably be good for someone with oilier skin.

Edit 7/12: I like this much better when applied with a brush...keeps it from settling in my pores and looking cakey.

on 3/20/2003 4:12:00 PM

I love most of MAC products. Especially the eyeshadow because it's cheaper than most brand name cosmetics line out there. I really love Studio fix at first, but lately, I've noticed that it makes my skin oily... it sucks... I am a powder-foundation type of girl. I don't like the fuss of liquid... so if anyone out there can recommend a great powder-foundation, please e-mail me. Thanks.

on 3/12/2003 10:26:00 PM

I am sooo disappointed!!! I had high hopes for this foundation since it's one of the few makeup lines with true yellow-based foundations (C2 was a perfect match) and it was my last resort since Bobbi Brown made me breakout. I ended up returning my Studio Fix foundation the day after I bought it because this was not the right formula for me. I have sensitive/combination skin, and the powder seemed to sink into my pores making them appear larger than they actually were. I made sure I moisturized really well before applying, but I still ended up with chalky, dry patches as well. I may try the liquid versions and see if they work better for my skintype. Beware all of you combo/sensitive girls, this may not be the one for you.

on 3/12/2003 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Studiofix has been my #1 foundation for quite a while now. Coverage can be customized, depending on whether you use a sponge or brush to apply. (I use a kabuki brush.) NC15 is a great match for my very pale skin, making it look finished without being chalky. I'm spoiled for the ease, speed and polish Studiofix provides. I can't imagine going back to liquid foundation.