MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 5/13/2003 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I also reviewed this under 'Studio Fix', this is the same review. This is the only foundation product I use. It doesn't irritate my skin, never looks cakey or unnatural, and makes my already great skin look absolutely flawless. While it is more expensive than a pressed powder by a drugstore brand, it is money well spent because you can get an exact match to your skin and it will last forever. Note: I do not use the sponge included to apply Studio Fix. I prefer lighter, more natural coverage, so I apply it with my beloved Sephora Retractable Powder Brush. continued >>

on 5/13/2003 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

on 5/10/2003 11:27:00 PM

My favorite foundation. Easy to use and apply, gives good coverage and performs very well. I also like the convenience of this being a foundation cake and powder in one. Great for any skin type. Comes in a broad spectrum of colors to suit any skin-tone. Can be applied with a sponge for opaque coverage, however my favorite way to apply this is to use a large powder brush for a sheerer, more natural-looking application. A definite staple!

on 5/8/2003 8:49:00 AM

Keeps my oily skin matte without caking and covered my post chicken pock marks! I am a LLL Asian that wears a C2 or NC20, LM and BB W. Ivory

Update: Breakout city after two weeks so won't be repurchasing. Darn! Color match was perfect!

on 5/5/2003 2:01:00 PM

I've been using Studiofix for over 10 years and I've tried tons of foundations and nothing comes close to MAC's color selection! Also, I have very sensitive combo skin and it doesn't break me out!

on 5/5/2003 1:37:00 PM

This is my firt foundation powder and the defining word: FAST !! It has turned me on to this type of foundation. The product itself is VERY heavy. I use a brush to put it on and it provides good coverage. Maybe too much for the summer time. I am a C3 which is good for yellow skin tones. My complaint with this would be that it does make your face a bit pasty and I am always nervous that in bright sunlight it might look fake. If you have dry skin (I do in patches) MOISTURIZE!! If you don't it will flake and look yucky. I have some visible pores on my upper cheeks and when I first put this on it looks invisible but as the day wears on, they look big. :-( It only controls shine so-so. These are the reasons I would give it only 4 lippies but coverage (almost) makes up for it. UPDATE: I have stopped using this because it makes my face look too pasty. Also on warmer days and even colder days half way through, the powder is completely gone. Boo-hoo

on 5/4/2003 6:39:00 PM

I like this foundation but I am sort of inbetween colors and if I use just a little bit the studio fix looks normal but too much it clings to oily areas and just looks orange. I have to blot off some of the powder on my cheeks close to my nose and on my forehead. Never the less its a good foundation.

on 5/4/2003 5:15:00 PM

I have finally found my holy grail in foundation! Although, when I first purchased this product, I was not terribly impressed. I used the sponge applicator that it comes with and the coverage was too heavy and cakey. I went back to the MAC Pro Store to ask about their other lines of foundations, but the MA/SA insisted that I stick with the Studio Fix because of my need for light coverage. He told me to apply it with a loose powder brush, and what do ya know! It worked!! Using a brush allows me to control the coverage, it evens out my skin tone without making me look made-up. And the coverage lasts all day on me. My only real gripes are the price and the fact that when I have dry/scaly patches the powder accentuates those scales :-(

on 5/2/2003 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation. Nice, sheer coverage, matte finish, the ABSOLUTE best colour selection... what more can I say?! It is a powder foundation, not creamy at all. Good for oily skin. It might look cakey on someone with drier skin. My summertime staple when I want a matte look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I REALLY wanted to love this foundation, the color looks so perfect in the container... but it looks so dark and orange on me! :( But otherwise, it's a great foundation.

Video Reviews & Tutorials