April 20, 2014 | 1316 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 1:45:00 AM More reviews by StephMcClell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok... so I have seriously been looking for my HG foundation ever since it was appropriate to wear foundation. My skin isn't all that awful, I just have a lot of blotchiness, a few bumpies, a few breakouts here and there, and my largest problem is my dry skin. The problem with my skin being dry any makeup I wear seems to show I'm wearing makeup since, my dry skin seems to be accentuated, even when I wear makeup that is supposedly super moisturizing, it kind of just sits on my skin like dried elmer's glue. Yet, I have found perfection in a container with Laura Mercier's mineral makeup. It literally is some kind of wonderful, I don't even know how it works, but it looks amazing in all light settings, which is great because Im sure like all of you, you don't want to just look good ONLY in the room you applied your makeup. The makeup really does give a sort of pearl like finish to it, which just makes you look sooooo healthy and fabulous. I would probably say that the only flaw with this product is that the lasting power isn't as amazing as I would like. It starts to fade away after about a 9 hour work day, but I got the BE travel thingy, and so I just reapply some midday. Oh yes..... and this makeup cannot look cakey, trust me I pound it on, but it still looks naturally flawless. If your concerned about more coverage, I also use a tinted moisturizer as well, before I put on the mineral makeup, and it seems to work quite well. So I definitely would say give this a try, because I have tried just about every brand of makeup as well as the types within the brands, even ones meant for photo-shoots and what not, that are supposed to be industry secrets, but this product seems to be the ultimate foundation for me. And one last thing, I like my face to look flawless, just to give you an idea of what kind of coverage I prefer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by babyphat14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

JUST bought this powder yesterday and after having it on for 2 hours my skin is SOOOOO itchy!! I don't know if it's because of the mineral powder or the Lancome moisterising cream I've got underneath it so tomorrow I'll just use the powder by itself.

Seriously though, it feels like my face is going PING all the time. As for coverage, its extremely light which is good for me because I like the natural look.

UPDATE: I found out that I was allergic to 'bismuth oxychloride' which is found in several mineral powders. Apparantly 75% of women are allergic to it; its an ingredient that comes directly from the ground and causes face rashes and itchiness. Will be returning this tomorrow.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by NCAngelalala

This is one of the best mineral foundations I've used. I wish the coverage was a little better but it is very buildable so if you take the time can get more coverage. The shine control is very good and the packaging is the best mineral packaging I've ever seen!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by skinnygal

I gave in to temptation and tried mineral powder. I normally use LM tinted moisturiser in 'nude', but decided I wanted something with a bit more coverage. I got mineral powder in 'real sand'. I have pale skin(NC 25-30) with yellow undertones. I also have oily, problematic skin. Since using mineral powder, my skin is much calmer, looks amazing but not too made-up. I touch up midday, but not too much of an oil-slick. I now use this daily as it's so quick to apply. I dust T.LeClerc powder in banane over the top. Packaging is perfection - closable sifter.
I haven't tried using the tinted moisturiser underneath it yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 5:23:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

This is an above average product. I love the finish on this, the "soft focus glow" thing Laura Mercier was going for isn't bullplop. The powder softly diffuses light just like her other loose finishing powder and makes skin look luminous and minimizes pores and lines. I didn't end up buying this though because honestly I really didn't see any coverage when the makeup artist applied it. Then again the makeup artist said I really don't need foundation, so maybe that's just how natural the finish is but I didn't notice a difference between where she applied it and where she didn't. She used both the cashmere puff and a blending brush on different parts of my face, and the store had tons of natural light. At the most it covered a little redness. But I honestly think the mineral finishing powder does an even nicer job masking imperfections and seemed to provide the same coverage even though it's not meant to. Unfortunately I can't speak to the lasting power on this one, I got hit in the face with a thunderstorm a couple hours after trying this. I do recommend trying this though, I think it could be a great alternative to the LM finishing powder for those with sensitive, dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by trisha

Out of all the mineral foundation powders I've tried, I like this one the best. It isn't at all shiny like BE seems to be on my skin when I first apply it. I set it with the translucent LM setting powder. I use the shade Real Sand and it's perfect for my light skin with slight yellow undertones. It's definitely not full coverage, but for any marks or pimples I want to cover, I just dip a concealer brush into a little bit of the foundation and lightly buff it off. I like the convenient packaging, with it's twist sifter, so if I travel with it, it doesn't get all over the lid and doesn't become messy. It's also fairly large in my opinion, so the price isn't actually all too bad for the amount of product you get. Overall, I like this foundation and use it more than any others I own at the moment, but will continue to look for something else that's not too bad for my skin and keeps those pesky oilies at bay!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Kali789

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried other mineral foundations before, and I've finally come to the conclusion that it's just not for me. I REALLY wanted to like this, but like the others, it just does weird stuff to my complexion. It makes my pores look HUGE and I get oily super fast - even with using the LM primer. Some parts of my face look great, and I love it. But the parts that look bad look horrible. I LOVE the twist top so that you can easily take it with you and not open it to powder spilling everywhere - high marks for that! I guess I just need to get over minerals and stick with the traditional foundations/tinted moisturizers!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by czarneca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I previously used BE mineral foundation, but stopped several years ago due to the chalk-like finish and tendency to settle into fine lines. I decided to give mineral foundation another try when I became pregnant and my skin became very irritated with many breakouts. I tried LM based on the reviews on this site, and it's been great! The finish is natural, coverage is light-moderate, and it does provide some oil control. I originally was using the LM mineral primer but switched to Lorac oil-free primer, and the combination of these works really well - I have gotten many compliments lately. I use a kabuki brush to apply (but the BE brush is better than LM) and use a light hand - this can look heavy if too much is applied. The container is ingenious and so easy to travel with. Overall, I really like this product and would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by CarolNa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Having used many different brands of mineral foundations in the past, I decided to hand over the extra money and try this product. I purchased Tender Rose at Sephora, where I didn't have to deal with the "snooty" factor . Despite the warnings about this color it turned out to be a wonderful match. I am very satisfied with the coverage and the finish. Well done Laura Mercier!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by rinnins

After 16 months (!!!) I'm just finishing up my first 18g jar of Alima. I do love Alima, but after reading the raves about LM I couldn't help but stray. What I'm looking for in a foundation: "natural" finish (not too matte, not too shiny), good color match, buildable coverage, excellent oil control, good staying power (minimal, if any, touch-ups). While I'm cheap at heart, I enjoy nice things and am willing to pay a premium for something that exceeds my expectations. What I experienced with LM: Finish: A very nice sheen. Color match: Iffy. The SA at Sephora matched me to Tender Rose, but I have yellow undertones and as the name implies, this is pink. Had I liked the product more, I might've looked for a better color match (though I'm not convinced there is one for me). Coverage: Pretty good - it took only a little product to get good, light coverage, and it was easily blendible/buildable. The deal breaker: The oil control was TERRIBLE. Completely non-existent. In the 45 minutes between putting on in the morning and arriving at work, I was a greasy disaster. Worse than any other foundation I've used, powder or liquid. Extremely disappointed, I figured I might get better results if I splurged for the LM primer and finishing powder (I had been using Fyrinnae for both). After $35USD for the foundation, $30 for the primer and $34 for the setting powder (that's $99 in product), I experienced no difference, at all. Because of the terrible oil control, this stuff just slid off my face in minutes. Absolutely awful. I really wanted this to work. I've tried and liked other LM products, but with the price tag and performance, I think I've given up. I'm guessing this might be a good option for those with normal/dry skin who can find a color match. I just bought two 18g jars of Fyrinnae foundation for a tiny fraction of what I spent on LM ($24 for *two*, a bargain!) for much better performance in all categories.