Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient – Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 10/8/2008 9:21:00 AM

My esthetician insisted that I buy this product after my Vitalize Peel. I was hesitant to try this product because I hated Bare Minerals, I felt that it accentuated my pores and lines. Not the case with Laura Mercier. I love it! I have gotten so many compliments on my skin at first I thought it was the facial treatments that I was getting, now I think it is the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder!

on 9/27/2008 9:28:00 AM

Love,love,love this!!! The best foundation all categories. Flawless face, I like the feeling of no-makeup still it covers redness but looks like my real skin (only better ;) I use the real sand all over face, then natural beige on cheeks, chin, forehead, nose - I find it looks more natural that way...then pair with LM Blush Rose Petal. Done!

Absolutely awful and so expensive.

I purchased this product 2 weeks ago - £30 for mineral powder and another £28 for the mineral powder primer. It is a complete waste of time and money because the powder primer dries my skin and when I tried to buff the mineral powder on top my face just look so chalky and dry and the color didn't go even.

I eventually gave up and threw them away. Honestly, for that price range I can get other cool brands such as By Terry etc.

on 9/18/2008 9:50:00 PM

I have purchased several mineral makeup foundations (BE, Jane Iredale, Px, one other whose name escapes me right now) and this one is so far the best. It is very finely milled so it doesn't emphasize my pores (like Px), it is "pearlized" but NOT sparkly (like BE), it comes in a good color for my skin (Tender Rose, one that is not too yellow like JE) and it has the best packaging I've encountered for a loose powder (a little dial that closes some of the sifter holes so you can control how much powder is floating about.

I am a 30 yo normal/dry PPP with redness around the nose and mouth and this covers beautifully and manages to last all day without settling into any fine lines (I do use it with the mineral primer, so that might have something to do with the staying powder) when applied with a BB Kabuki brush. It honestly doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup.

I get stopped by strangers and asked/complimented about my skin when I'm wearing this, so that tells you something.

on 9/7/2008 4:41:00 PM

I was using BE and it was making me very chalky looking. I like to use mineral makeup in the summer because of the humidity. I read a review of LM mineral makeup. I bought the classic beige. I love it. Even my husband noticed, and said it looks more natural. It has a slight luminesence, but not too much. It looks very natural. The color blends with my skin perfectly.

on 9/7/2008 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Not really a mineral makeup girl. Not really a makeup girl but I tried it.

At first I thought it wasn't anything spectacular. I have the shade in Pure Honey. I tend to turn orangey at the end of the day with my foundations - creams, powders, liquids...but this one really stayed.

The color was absolutely beautiful on me and it gave me a neat, clear and clean look - almost ethereal.

It absolutely worked even better after the primer and setting powder by LM as well.

on 8/31/2008 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool

I bought this foundation for a few reasons. First, the high end name brand.. and second, the ingredients are high quality with amino acids and pearl powder. I have been using this mineral foundation for probably a year and still have a ton left. Everytime I use it I wish I could throw it out and try something better but it was too expensive to just throw out. The shade does not match my skin at all. I'm pale and her shades are not light enough for my skin tone. I use a kabuki brush and have tried even a flocked sponge for heavier coverage but still dislike it. I won't be purchasing again.

on 8/28/2008 12:24:00 PM

Unfortunately, this mineral foundation did not work on me. I must admit that it gives surprisingly excellent coverage for a mineral foundation. However, the colour choices are quite limited still and it doesn't look natural. It makes my pores (which are small) seem much bigger and its staying power is a disappointment. I used to love LM products...but now, I just feel that they're really expensive but not very good products for my skin ... you can almost say overrated.

on 8/25/2008 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder to cover my face. i have 2 shades. the rich vanilla en the pure honey for summer, gues my skin does change a lot in the sun, i had some troubles with the pure honey thougt it was not the good color so i went back explain wat happend.. they girl did put it on me, and it was pretty wel.. she did use the bronze larg fluf brush, for a full covarage, wat works pretty wel, for a more bronze look and sheer she did use the powder bruch. and there was a big difrence. so you also can use it in diffent way's. wat is also a plus point,

on 8/16/2008 1:19:00 AM

I've tried BE several years ago and didn't like it. LM's mineral powder was my 2nd try and I'm loving it! In pictures - it photographs so well, give a beautiful glow and feels like there's nothing on your face. The coverage is good and evens out my skintone. I use this w/ the LM finishing powder..and it truly is a flawless finish. Highly recommended!