August 22, 2014 | 1101 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been happy with other Burt's Bees lip balms (except the honey one) so I bought a tube of this for myself and another one to add to a gift bag for a coworker. Then I got another one in a Burt's Bees "grab bag" that I received for Christmas (very fun assortment, btw). So I really hoped I would love this and wasted no time in trying it out. I wore it to bed, I wore it before going outside, I wore it around the house. Since it doesn't stay one very well, I was putting it on frequently! And then my lip cracked.

This is a rare thing for me because I wear lip balm, gloss or lipstick all the time. But it was really cold outside and I thought maybe that was the problem. So I kept applying this "replenishing" lip balm. And reapplying. It did nothing for my cracked lip, so I switched to Rosebud salve and I'm all better now. SO, moving forward, I'll stop using the Burt's Bees and maybe try it again in the Spring since I have multiple tubes. I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by bisco

My favorite lip balm, it makes my lips so soft. I do have to re-apply it, and compared to other lip balms it's a tad pricey, but not by much. It's definitely worth a purchase, and it lasts a long time which is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by perfectflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this also in 08 and did not like it at all, it did nothing for my lips and hardly had any smell to it. But now. love this, it smells so juicy, fresh, and yummy, and makes my lips very smooth and soft. I think I might have had a bad batch last time. Because it's completely different to what I remember it to be. At least I know that burts is fresh.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by peace871

Love this product, have been using it for years. Smells great and love how it's natural. It's true you have to reapply it but that's the case for all lip balms..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this lip balm since Burt's Bees typically has a good reputation with their balms. I had never tried a lip balm by Burt's Bees prior to this. This disappointed me. The texture was very thin, sort of oily, and not at all long-lasting. After wearing through the stick after a bit I found the texture of the balm to be kind of rough and grainy. It was very odd. I like the scent, but this really didn't do much for me or provide enough moisture-- it really needs a constant reapplication. I guess I just prefer waxier or more glossy balms such as Chapstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by gabella

I'm very sensitive to fragrance, but I didn't find this overpowering. It's an unusual scent, but not cloying or headache-inducing. Unlike petro balms, it actually improves my lips instead of just coating them. I will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by pencilpleat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This would have been the perfect lip balm for me: I love the smooth texture, the longlasting moisturization and the softness it leaves my lips, and I don't even mind the reddish stain because it enhances whatever lipstick I swipe over it BUT I cannot stand the smell (I did try to put up with it but somehow I just can't). I will finish this tube but I'm not repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by iriej

This is my favorite lip balm. I have a bunch of these in numurous places. I love the color. Its a great shiny pink that looks natural. It isnt as thick or waxy as the regular beeswax balm which i like.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by bloodcrystal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i love it...it 100% natural and moisturize really well.....the smell is good kinda like a berry cinnamon smell but i like also the smell isn't too strong...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

I really like this product. It leaves a very subtle cherry pigment on your lips, and just makes them look like that is actually their natural color. I wear this when my lips are dry or when I feel like doing the 'natural' look. The smell is not the best, but it's not incredible noticeable. These are moisturizing enough for me, it doesn't leave my lips feeling greasy.