November 21, 2014 | 1645 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by mzthisnthat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff and use every time I use lipstick. Keeps my pucker soft, doesn't smell funky, and keeps my lipstick creamy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm a lip balm freak, and I know I've said this before, but I MEAN it this time: HG HG HG!

This stuff is the real deal. It doesn't secretly dry out your lips like most lip balms. Anything with menthol, camphor, or clove is actually dehydrating, so watch out! The original Burt's is horrible with this. It wears well, smells great, and is pretty cheap!

Lots of people say this gives you a hint of color, I don't think so. I'd argue that your lips will redden up a bit just from the act of applying balm and rubbing your lips together. After a few minutes my lips are my natural color.

Aquaphor before bed and this during the day have kept my lips full and soft during a record-breaking cold winter. Love.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by athnamas

I really love Burt's Bees beeswax lipbalm, so I gave this a try a few years back. Its great because it feels less waxy, and it feels like a "sinks in" a little better than the original, which sometimes I find will feel like its just sitting on top of your lips.
It also gives a pinkish tint.
The downside is that I've noticed that it goes bad more quickly than the original. I have lots of both kicking around, and when I discover one that I thought I lost a while back, the orginal version is always okay, and the pomegrante tastes and smells kind of like wet cardboard.
But only happens after about a year or a year and a half, so hopefully you'll have finished it before it has a chance to go bad.
It is also quite expensive for a lipbalm (almost $6 CDN), but overall, I still find that I have it in my bag at all times.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Elrania

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Everyone that is looking for a rescue for dry and flaky lips, do NOT buy this one. Reason being, this one is better to protect, and it's kinda rough to apply, the product is a little solid.
With that said, I love this one when my lips are normal. I use it outside when it's cold. It gives a nice glow to my lips, and smells good, I also believe it protects my lips some from the wind. At night I use emu oil to give my lips enough moisture.

Never have problems with horrible lips again :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Cristina323

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't mind the smell of this, but it left a horrible taste in my mouth and didn't really do much for my lips either. I felt like there was a film over my lips rather than something moisturizing that was soaking into them.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been happy with other Burt's Bees lip balms (except the honey one) so I bought a tube of this for myself and another one to add to a gift bag for a coworker. Then I got another one in a Burt's Bees "grab bag" that I received for Christmas (very fun assortment, btw). So I really hoped I would love this and wasted no time in trying it out. I wore it to bed, I wore it before going outside, I wore it around the house. Since it doesn't stay one very well, I was putting it on frequently! And then my lip cracked.

This is a rare thing for me because I wear lip balm, gloss or lipstick all the time. But it was really cold outside and I thought maybe that was the problem. So I kept applying this "replenishing" lip balm. And reapplying. It did nothing for my cracked lip, so I switched to Rosebud salve and I'm all better now. SO, moving forward, I'll stop using the Burt's Bees and maybe try it again in the Spring since I have multiple tubes. I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by bisco

My favorite lip balm, it makes my lips so soft. I do have to re-apply it, and compared to other lip balms it's a tad pricey, but not by much. It's definitely worth a purchase, and it lasts a long time which is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by perfectflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this also in 08 and did not like it at all, it did nothing for my lips and hardly had any smell to it. But now. love this, it smells so juicy, fresh, and yummy, and makes my lips very smooth and soft. I think I might have had a bad batch last time. Because it's completely different to what I remember it to be. At least I know that burts is fresh.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by peace871

Love this product, have been using it for years. Smells great and love how it's natural. It's true you have to reapply it but that's the case for all lip balms..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this lip balm since Burt's Bees typically has a good reputation with their balms. I had never tried a lip balm by Burt's Bees prior to this. This disappointed me. The texture was very thin, sort of oily, and not at all long-lasting. After wearing through the stick after a bit I found the texture of the balm to be kind of rough and grainy. It was very odd. I like the scent, but this really didn't do much for me or provide enough moisture-- it really needs a constant reapplication. I guess I just prefer waxier or more glossy balms such as Chapstick.