April 21, 2014 | 1476 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2008 6:05:00 PM More reviews by xokerrybaybii

Orange, orange, orange is all i can say. It says that it suits all skin types and colours but unless you live in tango land then it doesn't. Awful product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2008 5:46:00 AM More reviews by teddychan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product since I wanted something light and provided good coverage. I feel that it isn't heavy on my skin but I dont think the coverage is really good,
My skin didnt feel oily but I felt that it didnt stay put for the whole day. I will buy this again since it did give a matte finish and it works best with Dr Feelgood underneath.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by resco

This foundation is just okay...It goes on the skin smoothly, blends effortlessly and adds a boost of color; however, in the daylight my skin looks slightly masked. Worse, I can feel the product on my face, which is so uncomfortable. And I despise that false look. Yet, it does conceal blemishes and evens out the skin tone. However, the consistency of this foundation is wet and goopy after being warmed by the skin from finger application. I am not completely impressed with this foundation and I would definitely not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 8:06:00 AM More reviews by Sour

OK… I have mixed opinions on this one. First things first, the packaging is absolutely adorable and its what kind of drew me to this foundation in the first place. On the skin, this foundation is really heavy and feels kinda cakey. But other than the weird feeling, it doesn’t look half bad… it’s just the feeling of it on my face that kind of grosses me out. Even when I put a little bit on it still feels heavy. I don’t know… its weird…
UPDATE: Um... ew! I'm never EVER using this crap again! It made me break out after a while... if you want a good creme to powder foundation I'd go for the Calvin Klein one, it gives really great coverage without the heavy feeling or breakouts that come with this nastiness.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by ceciafb

Feels absolutely disgusting on your face, the girl at the counter put it on me when i was trying out blusher and i couldnt wait to get home and take it off again. so, so greasy, i'd hate to think what it would do to your face after a while of using it. oh, and it comes in really odd colours!!! i always find this with benefit - very strange range of orangey-brown toned foundations..

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2008 11:26:00 AM More reviews by astre

I've used this once, so might review again later but...

i haven't come across anything so smooth, that seamlessly melts into my skin like this one! I have large pores on my cheeks and not much acne, but my skin tone's uneven from past acne blemishes. Plus i've got combi skin, and here in singapore(hot humid climate) all i want is something breathable and light... as long it evens out my skin tone and lasts.

I applied this one abt noon today, didn't set with powder(lazy me). within 2h, my combi skin was pretty oily, so i tissue-blotted and set it with the lightest hand of compact powder(some drugstore brand from korea, my point being, any brand will do) and honestly i thot i'm stuck with a full pot of oily schmuck n prayed my makeup wouldn't run later. so i hung out for 4h and amazingly, my makeup looked almost as fresh. i blotted a little, didn't touch up and hung out another 3h and still my makeup did not oxidise, run or fall apart.

it's really good how it stays without touching up (some of you might prefer powdering up a wee bit, cos i'm quite minimalistic *lazy* abt makeup), plus cos i'm a mmm, my bronzy-tan skin tone STAYED glowy till 9pm... no dulling/darkening from oxidation, no major runny/oiliness incident (if set with really light powder pats). from not wearing makeup daily, i think i'll consider wearing this everyday, to even out my skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2008 10:20:00 AM More reviews by vickyj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Terrible would say it all really. Yes the packaging is cute and I am a sucker for cute packaging but after the girl on the counter insisted this was my colour and would be brilliant for my handbag as I am always on the go I stupidly brought it. I get home its orange in the pan!!! I try it anyway and low and behold its brown/orange on my really pale skin. Even after alot of blending its still really orange it also goes really patchy in my T Zone.

vicky

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Ello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first BeneFIT cosmetic I have ever tried, and honestly, it did not live up to all the hype. They sucker you in with fancy advertising and eye-catching packaging that is all to sweet, but behind that is a line of god awful cosmetics that cost 10 times what they are worth. This "Some-kind-a- Gorgeous" was sold to me as a full coverage foundation, as this is what I specifically asked for. Me knowing nothing about BeneFIT bought it with the hopes of it being just that. Upon opening the package at home I found that no, it was not a full coverage foundation, it actually said it on the stinkin' box! So that was strike one with BeneFit, the lousy sales schemes of their S.A's. Secondly, 2 shades! C'mon you charge $30 bucks for a pan-cake "foundation" and the best you can come up with is 2 shades? Third, this stuff is not for folks with dry skin, or any skin imperfections for that matter. It does nothing to cover them up, and for me this product went out of it's way to enhance them. Granted I am on Retin-A for acne treatment, and I am more forgiving to foundations that "flake" but this was beyond flaking. It only seemed to go on with the "That Gal" sample that was given to me at time of purchase, which means that for this to work for me, I would be spending over $60. Lousy. I suppose if you have perfect skin, then give this a try, meanwhile my search continues to find something that works for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Glossaholic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product comes in 2 colors; Some Kind-A-Gorgeous, and the other is Some Kind-A-Gorgeous Deep. I have the one for fair skin, and I really like this producr. It goes on smoothly and blends in beautifully. Very light coverage, not meant for problematic skin. Many have complained about the price, but this can be obtained fairly easily on ebay. Great for a quick touch-up during the day. Will definitely re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2008 4:01:00 PM More reviews by kittie123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has great packaging and looks really good but don't be fooled!
It comes in one colour for white complections and this is terrible. The colour is kind of orange. It suits people with darker tones though and feels silky on you skin. wAY WAY to expensive. I have bought £1.00 foundations that are better then this !