July 28, 2014 | 958 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by lovepink82407

Coconut oil is my all time favorite product!!! I use it in my hair over night about 3 times a week and I use it on my skin after showering. The results are incredible. My hair has been restored and I LOVE how shiny it is after I wash the oil out. I also use it on my face to prevent future wrinkles (Im only 20 but it's never too early to prevent aging skin, haha). All in all, coconut oil is pure magic that I will buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My grandmother and generations before her used this to condition their hair and as a body lotion. When we were babies, she would massage us with coconut oil every morning before our baths. I used to think she was crazy for using coconut oil in her hair, but now I love it. I put a tablespoon in my hair once a week, focusing on the dry ends. After that, I go for a walk, jog, or make dinner. Then I rinse it out in the shower and shampoo. It's repaired my split ends, made my hair softer, and reduced my frizzies. I also rub a small amount into my skin right before I shave to give me a closer shave and moisturize my legs. If you want a bargain, look for coconut oil at an Indian store-- it's usually much cheaper than the stuff you'll get at a health store.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by rosa2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Update: So I still use this product for deep conditioning treatment...and its till going great..my hair grows a little bit faster and is now stronger :)

But I started using coconut oil as part of my cleansing routine for removing makeup...and its a god send. At first I was leery about using this to remove all my make up but I read wonderful things about what it does for the skin and I wanted something to remove my makeup better.

So I would use this to remove my eye make up first rub it in lightly and it comes off like a dream. Then take about a teaspoon or so and massage it into my face and neck for about a minute or so. Get a wet warm/hot wash cloth let it set on my face about 20 seconds and bam removes ALL MY MAKE UP, follow up with my natural cleanser with baking soda. I do this process every other day, using regular cleanser on other days. And use a little bit of coconut oil to moisturize my face instead of moisturizer.

My skin hasn't been this great in a long time...and the process is so easy and cheap!!!!!! At first it did make my face break out a little bit but that's because its bringing up all that gunk that's been clogging up my pores. Pores are smaller, acne scars are FADING, and my skin is silky smooth but not greasy! Plus this is all natural and it cut a few products out of my routine which is always nice :)

So I heard a lot of buzz about this oil....I have never really put oils into my hair but I wanted to try one that I could put in while my hair was dry before I shower (I only shower at night usually cause bathroom is taken up in the morning) so this is a major plus for me..I just focus mainly on my ends.
I use only a little bit (probably about a quarter size) and I do have a little bit of dry scalp so after my ends I put whatever is left on my hands on my scalp by doing a little scalp massage. Leave it in for an hour or two and then shower (if scalp is really oily skip the scalp thing and don't overuse on the oil) once I'm done I add like literally dime size to my ends with my leave in conditioner.
The next morning I woke up with very soft and silky hair. And less frizzies :) I see less split ends and my ends don't look so dry!
As a moisturizer I don't think I'd use its too oily for my taste but for my hair its a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by abmnik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love coconut oil. Definitely a HG product. Use it to deep condition my hair (I apply it before I wash my hair and leave it in for a few hours). And I use a tiny bit after I wash my hair for some moisture and frizz control. Occasionally I use it to take of my makeup but I wouldn't really recommend that if you have combination/oily skin like mine, it does work though, might be lovely for dry skin.
Coconut oil is far better than the commercial hair oils you pay an arm and a leg for in stores. Do not get those cone filled "argon oil" products, I'm certain argon oil works wonderfully but not when it is the 7th ingredient on some 30 dollar one ounce bottle of grease. Anyhow, coconut oil is wonderful. Helped restore my damages, fried hair back to its lustrous thick self.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by mmdouble

I love this stuff! It leaves my hair so soft soft soft and shiny—I can comb my entire hair without finding any tangles. It smells yummy too!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Parpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Well I went a bit crazy and literally SMEARED this onto my face because it was intensely dry after exfoliation. I did read somewhere after that this is a comedogenic oil, go figure haha. I have now realized that 6-7 drops of any oil is sufficient in moisturization along with your basic moisturizer, I currently use Jojoba (amazing!). While it did heal my skin nicely (dry skin patches, redness) it did clog my pores, but again that was probably due to the fact that I used so much of it. Where I usually get whiteheads on my jaw, I got bumps around the temples of my face which took about 2 weeks to heal.
I did notice though literally in about 30 minutes that the redness on the cheeks subsided greatly. So if you're not acne-prone, and have some redness, usually the gals with fairer skin tones I would give this a whirl and see what happens. Again only a little bit.
I also tried this on my body, and I think I used it for a month or two, and I noticed that brown sunspots were fading! But like my face, my decolletage also had some breakouts even though I rarely break out there. Also a male more than a friend noticed that I smelled faintly like coconut hehe, so the scent still lingers, and I'd rather be using something natural for smelling good. Another thing, I had 100% Coconut Oil in my kitchen, but it didn't smell like coconut. Real, unrefined, virgin coconut oil should smell like coconuts. I bought one from Whole Foods, and then picked up the same brand again but with a different expelling system, and it only smells faintly like coconuts, so I am going to take it back and see if I can exchange it. Remember it comes in a solid state, and it should smell like coconuts. I will revisit this oil if I can pre-melt it and put it in a jar, because as much as I like smelling like a coconut it's a pain to grab a chunk from the jar, and warm it up in your hand, especially when you're sleepy and tired at night. I will see if I can melt it without spoiling it...and will re-post when I have tried it in my hair!
*Unrefined, pure, virgin coconut oil is expensive...I spent close to $30.00 Canadian for a jar at Whole foods*

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by libbylou972

I bought coconut oil for my very dry and damaged curly hair. I was so frustrated with my hair especially after getting out of the shower and trying to comb it through. I would loose so much hair just trying to get the tangles out. I've been using coconut oil in my hair for the last 6 months or so and it has really helped to detangle and infuse moisture back into my hair. I use it as a hair mask at least once a week after I get out of the shower. Usually I will leave it in overnight or even into the next day if I'm just bumming around the house. I also use it as a frizz reducer for my ends when styling, it works great.

Although it's a bit expensive, it does last a long time so I think it's worth it for me. The only thing that wasn't very good is that I did try it on my face as well. I so wanted to love it for my face too but unfortunately it gave me a pretty bad break out all around my trouble spots. If you don't have acne prone skin it might work wonderfully as it does soften the skin very nicely. I always notice how nice and smooth the back of my neck is from my hair! It would be great if my face could tolerate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by nicola00

LOVEEEE this stuff. I use it on my face, body and hair. It's a great moisturizer, it absorbs like a dream, smells awesome and is great for all skin types. I will repurchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Organic, virgin, cold-pressed coconut oil is probably the most versatile oil for topical treatment! Coconut oil is obviously great for you as a dietary supplement, but it also works wonders on the skin and hair. I've been using coconut oil as a moisturizer for three weeks now (Nutiva brand), and I absolutely love the way my skin looks! My face is fresh, dewy and well-moisturized. Not only has the oil taken care of my winter acne and dry skin, it has also respected my sensitive skin and minimized redness and flaky-ness. I will continue to repurchase coconut oil!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by karlayvonne

This stuff is AMAZING for your hair!! Best deep conditioner. Hair looks healthy, thicker, and grows faster!! Love it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No