Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Mica. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

This is great! I tried a sample and I'm going for the full size now. Sandy fair was great for me, the "fair" shade was too light even for my NW15 complexion, and my face looks flawless! I was trying different application methods, the quickest, cleanest and best coverage way ws actually with a powder puff! I'll try their wedged sponge, it should be great.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Received a sample kit, two semi-mattes and one glo. I was not impressed with the packaging, half of it spilled out all over the place when I opened it. I tried the semi-matte first and I was not impressed by it, maybe it's my skin or something. It wore off quite easily even with primer and finishing powder, and left my skin looking a bit patchy. They do have a great array of shades though and the price is great for the samples, as well as the full size. I am sure I will just have to try this again sometime - but I know that I certainly won't get the semi-matte formula. Didn't wow me at all.

Definitely my favorite of all the EM formulas and indeed definitely my favorite foundation! Goes on silky smooth unlike the matte and the intensive which both looked cakey and also broke me out. I don't have dry skin - it's rather combination so I do blot a little in my t-zone. Maybe getting a small pot of matte to put in my t-zone will work.
This does not break me out and it really calms my sensitive skin without looking caked on or dry. Coverage is light to medium.
I have bought this over and over!

:::::UPDATE::::::
Tried this again after a LONG time of disuse. I was using JI PurePressed Base and love it but it's expensive as $hit so am looking for a stand-in. I remember I liked this but now, I find it is very chalky and builds up all over the face. It also accentuated my peach fuzz with was, um, not cool at all. I got this again in those sweet 'free' sample sizes so I will keep trying with the different formulas, colors, and application techniques to see if this is could replace my JI.

My HG foundation - perfect in every way - goes on very naturally, or can build it up for more coverage, keeps shine in check, balances out skin tone without looking "makeupy" & price is great. Provides unspecified SPF, so I wear it over a sunscreen moisturizer. The "fairly light" shade matches perfectly, so no need to mix my own shade. Very impressed with Everyday Minerals customer service, product quality, speedy delivery - great company!

Thankfully I only purchased a sample of this product. The only positive thing about it was that it came 3 days after I ordered it. I have used Bare Escentuals before, so I thought that this could possibly be the less expensive way out... definitely not. My skin is not even dry, but this product made my face look like it was peeling and flaky. Also, it stuck to my make-up brushes very badly. This product has a little too much sparkle rather than a glowing look for me. I would have been very disappointed had I ordered and entire kit, so my suggestion would be to order the samples first (you only pay for shipping this way).

I have been using this in Medium for almost two years now, so needless to say I am pretty happy with it. It is effective in giving my face an even tone and more polished look. I am 23 and still have some hormonal acne on my chin, and I still have to use concealer over this foundation. For those who are looking for a foundation that will eliminate the need for concealer, this is definitely not it - I would say the coverage is light to medium. Also, for me, this is not buildable - there is an ideal amount that I put on my face to get the look I want, and if I put on too much, it looks kind of funky and noticeable in natural daylight. When I do get that right amount, however, and just cover up problem areas with concealer, this really produces a nice finish, very natural-looking and I never notice that I'm wearing it or worry about it throughout the day. I am still using the one I bought it early 2006 and am considering repurchasing for sure. EDIT: I have added a star to my review and am rescinding what I said about looking funky in daylight because I recently repurchased, and there were a lot more color choices than I remembered from the first time I purchased a couple years ago. I selected Light Olive for my light-medium yellow-toned skin. Although Medium worked for me, Light Olive is a much more perfect match that I can build for more coverage. I don't know if they changed the formula at all, but I also found it smoother and easier to apply because my kabuki brush picks up the powder better.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I'd been using the Intensive formula during the spring and summer but as my skin gets drier in places and stays oily in others I decided it was time to change formulas and switch to the semi-matte formula. I'm really liking it thus far. It has the same great shade selection and smooth texture as the Intensive, except it isn't as "dry" on my skin and leaves a very slightly satiny finish, without making me look oily. It lasts all day with no touchups and evens out my skin nicely; my pores even look smaller without primer. Great stuff! I will continue to buy EM due to their great prices, exceptional product, fast shipping and great CS.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I ordered the sample online; 2 shades of Semi-matte and 2 shades of Intensive. I did a little experiment the other day, with one half of my face with EM Semi-matte and the other half with Lumiere Luminesse mmu. EM has more coverage--I'd say it was medium to heavy--and did give me a "flawless" finish. However, for some reason the pores on my nose and cheeks were very noticeable. Lumiere was more sheer and natural, and camouflaged my pores a little more. EM has good staying power, but tends to settle into little lines on my face. I think I prefer more natural finishes, so I wouldn't get this again, but that's just my preference. If you want good coverage and high quality mineral makeup, I would still recommend Everyday Minerals.

I started using MMU about 5 years ago when I discovered BE. I've stuck with it for quite a while, since it's rated the best selling foundation at Sephora year after year, I felt like I made a right choice. Until I got bored of it and as I learn more about makeup, I know that BE turns orange on me (I used to never notice it before).

EM is very affordable and I loved the free samples to test out my color, before I take the plung. I'm a fair in BE, and I'm a Light in EM. I like to look my color, but brighter, and to cover my red acne marks, so I picked the one that's yellower than my natural skin tone.

I like the Matte formula - it keeps the shine down until mid afternoon, which is pretty impressive. Also, I purchased the Balancing powder, the oil control power is unbelieveable, too bad I'm afraid to use it too often, because it's white.

also, the Multi-Tasking Concealer is awesome. It covers the acne marks and dark spots, I also use it over my cream concealer for the dark circles. wonderful, can't praise it enough.

Overall, I think EM is a very good quality MMU with a very affordable price tag. DON'T FORGET to check their Specials on the website, they always run some kind of promotion each month.

btw, don't bother with the brushes, they are garbages. use your own good kabuki brush. I suggest flat top ones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have adult acne and liquid foundation has been a problem for me. I started trying MMU and choose this based on reviews here. I LOVE they have samples to order as it allowed me to get to the right color and type without spending loads of money. EM's MMU Semi-Matte Neutral Beige seemed to look the best with my skin shade and type. This worked pretty well for me in the winter but in the summer the make-up turns darker after awhile so I think I will use this in the winter and try the ALIMA samples and see what happens. Both companies offer inexpensive and generous samples. I, like others, recommend trying the various formulations and shades, especially if you have oily/olive skin. I have mixed this with the Finishing powder and that seems to help a little. Overall, I have taken off 1 lippie due to color changing on me.