Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne

3.7

on 8/24/2005 4:18:00 PM

love this fragrance but I wish it had more staying power, kind of expensive given the fact that it doesn't last that long.

on 8/21/2005 6:39:00 PM

Does not last, which is infuriating, because I love this scent! Philosophy should be spanked for making a product that has so little staying power. I would buy this in another form if I thought I could get more staying power out of layering the scent, but considering the product's rather spendy price tag, buying more of it in any form seems like a risky venture. Sigh!

on 8/14/2005 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Now that's more like it! I was hoping that Pure Grace would be a great clean- fresh scent, but it's too pungeant/sharp and musky for me. Baby Grace didn't suit me either. Amazing Grace, on the other hand, is so lovely. It reminds me of fresh laundry, and tulips and for some reason Easter! Thumbs up for this one although I can't wear this consistently or it does get on my nerves.

on 8/10/2005 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My new favorite of the three Grace scents (Pure Grace and Baby Grace). I have been wearing the other two for years, and I love them, but I recently purchased the Amazing Grace 3-in-1, and got re-introduced to the beautiful scent. I found myself wanting more Amazing Grace products to layer on, and ended up purchasing a QVC TSV kit that included about 10 Amazing Grace pieces...body lotion, hand cream, and this cologne was one of the items I received.

Amazing Grace is clean, fresh, feminine and soft. I can wear it out on a Saturday night, or to Sunday brunch. Since I layer it on (usually 3-1, body lotion, cologne), the fragrance lingers on me all day, all the well to bedtime, and my husband is happy as can be...he loves it! My kids love it! Sometimes I mix it with the other Grace scents (one spray of Amazing grace, one spray of Pure Grace), or with Falling in Love, to make a new unique scent, and it is always wonderful.

on 8/8/2005 4:47:00 AM

One of my favorite clean feminine scents, like a breath of fresh air. Non-offensive. Perfect for the office or daytime use. The barely detectable white musk note keeps the floral notes from becoming overwhelming. But like other reviewers have commented, the lasting power is very poor, which is why I'm rating it 4 lippies instead of 5. But I've found that the best way to make the fragrance last is to spray it on your clothes as well as your skin, like your shirt collar and sleeves. The scents seems to last longer on fabrics. Try it. Or you could also layer with the other Amazing Grace products. UPDATE: This DOES last when layered with the body emulsion. People at work always comment how I smell really good, not overpowering. 5 lippies instead of 4. Also try layering with the perfume oil or use the EDP now available.

on 7/18/2005 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Smells very good, but like some of the other ladies were saying, no staying power. I never even had anyone to say anything about the fragrance, as they could smell nothing. Not very good for wearing in the South where the humidity is a scorcer. I might buy it for the fall and winter months.

on 7/18/2005 10:18:00 PM

at first, i thought i just wasted my money on this. but what the other reviewers said about feeling pretty when you have this on and other people saying it smells so good -- they're all right!!:) my boyfriend LOVES this on me!:)

on 7/16/2005 9:47:00 PM

The only reason I would buy this product again is b/c I LOVE the fresh cut flowers scent - very clean and floral and GREAT for the office. However, the scent fades very very quickly - as in 2 hours it will be pretty much died down and gone - but for I think 30 bucks it should last a bit longer.

on 6/23/2005 8:17:00 PM

This is the best and probably the only fragrance I would wear, I did receive a lot of compliments when I wore this. Unfortunately, like many other reviewers said, this fragrance does not last at all.. it's gone GONE too soon. I really wanted to pass this but I feel addicted to the scent. For the price and staying power, I would say I wont repurchase, for the scent that I like, however.. I have to have this!!! This is much better than Falling in Love.

on 6/19/2005 7:08:00 PM

This is a very subtle scented cologne that WILL fade quickly UNLESS you layer it with the scented body wash and lotion--then it lasts all day. I get so many compliments on this, at least one a week, and they all say the same thing each and every time: "You smell so good." It is very expensive if you use the cologne AND the body wash AND the lotion just to make it last longer, which is why I took off a lippie. However, I have never gotten so many compliments from anything else I have worn. I am usually in favor of spicy, musky scents, but for something a little lighter, this is my definite choice.

Popular Fragrances