Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/9/2009 10:37:00 PM

This product removes my waterproof eyeliner and mascara. Its really oil so it smudges the makeup around when you are removing it, so I usually have to go through 4 or so cottonballs to get the job done. I like that its very gentle on my eyes. Until I find a better and cheaper makeup remover, I will continue to use this one.

on 2/9/2009 4:53:00 PM

Simply put, this does not remove waterproof mascara.

on 2/8/2009 8:01:00 PM

I am on my second bottle of this and I love it. I didn't like it at first because I didn't think it was taking off all my waterproof mascara, and when I told the SA at Clinique she told me to gently press the soaked cotton pad on my eyelashes for a few seconds, THEN wipe. This took off all my makeup. The oiliness doesn't bother me because I follow with cleanser straight after (cleansing oil, then foam cleanser)

Also, this is kind of strange but I think it's made my lashes stronger. I used to get one or two eyelashes falling out every once in a while, but they never fall out anymore, even when I yank at them with my curler (unintentionally). This is why I bought the second bottle instead of looking for something cheaper.

on 1/27/2009 11:32:00 AM

I'm surprised by all of the good reviews on this product. Thankfully, I got mine as a GWP, so I didn't waste my money. This makeup remover had a hard time removing my not-waterproof mascara, so I'm not sure how it would be able to get the tough stuff off.

on 1/25/2009 2:45:00 PM

I love this makeup remover, you only need a tiny bit and it takes off all my eyemakeup. Lasts a long time, i had one of the little sample bottle and it lasted me since summer 08, till just the other day. Deffinatly will always rebuy this product.

on 1/24/2009 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Take The Day Off is a great makeup remover from Clinique. I mostly use it to take off lipgloss. It dissolves it easily and quickly.

on 1/24/2009 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Doesn't sting my eyes which is definitely a plus! Gets all of my mascara and eyeliner off without too much effort. I have to swipe a couple extra times over my eyes when I'm wearing anything waterproof or my mac fluidline eyliner.

it is a bit of an oily texture, but the SA assured me its oil free. Not sure, but it hasnt broken me out or anything

on 1/23/2009 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This has been a great remover for me. Feels good going on, not really a smell or fragrance to it. Takes of my mascara nicely, which is always the tough one for me. The Mary Kay remover may be better than this one, but otherwise this is the best one so far.

on 1/21/2009 2:58:00 AM

I used this for a long time before I switched to oil free makeup removers. I use it mainly to remove waterproof mascara and it works good. It does take awhile to remove the makeup as opposed to quick complete removal, but it does work better than the one from Lancome. I can't recall the name now, but its a similar product in blue liquid. The screw cap of this product is quite unique. Its got a lock system whereby if you want to unscrew the bottle, you can't just unscrew it as per normal, but you need to push the cap down first and then unscrew to release the lock function. I used to find this troublesome initially, but later grew to appreciate and like it as I realised if you need to carry the item around, say for travel, the bottle would never leak and damage all your other toiletries. I probably might repurchase if I ever come back to needing an oil based eye makeup remover.

on 1/19/2009 5:26:00 PM

Not a big fan. It does what it's supposed to and removes eye make up really well, even my hard-to-shift waterproof mascara comes off instantly. Also, it doesn't irritate my eyes like a lot of eye make up removers do.

However.. it is really oily and I feel like I've got greasy smears blurring my vision for ages afterwards! Also, really don't like the child-proof bottle - I find it difficult to open, and after just a couple of uses the usual Clinique silver cap came off and I've been left with the really cheap white plastic cap that's underneath. I wouldn't buy this again, mainly because I don't like the greasiness.