August 28, 2014 | 1251 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by deliah008

I must say, this does what it claims to do: it does take all makeup off. My complaint? It also takes away all my skin's natural (the good) oils. Everything. Literally.

So what I'm left with is a dry canvas, a very dry canvas. My skin felt tight and dehydrated, like it fought a water-tug-of-war and lost. Not good. And I have combo skin, leaning towards oily.

What did I discover about this (which is why I'm giving it any lippies at all) is that it's great as a on-the-go brush cleanser. It's not great for the brush bristles, but like I said, it does a great job on the go.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by chestnutrose

I'm basically over Clinique but they do have the best makeup removers on the market imo. This one is no exception. Takes off eye makeup with such ease, zero effort is required. Much better then pricier brands like Chanel, Lancome, Dior etc. The only con for me for this one is that it is a bit greasy and it feels as though residue is left behind. No irritation or stinging though. For the reason of the greasiness I prefer its sister product Clinique Eye Makeup removing solvent. But this is hands down the best eye makeup remover I have tried to date.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ReenBean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my HG make up remover. It takes everything off even when Iím wearing heavy or waterproof make up. The key is holding the cotton pad against your eye so that the remover has time in contact with the skin to do its work before gently wiping everything off. You should never apply and tug straight away (this applies to ALL eye make up removers).

Yes this is oily, I think that is why itís so good at melting off all make up. This isnít an issue for me as I always wash my face after I take off my make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 10:31:00 AM More reviews by eunice866

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eye makeup remover - removes even waterproof liners and mascaras with ease! I have bought this many many times. My only gripe with this is that it can leave a VERY slightly greasy feel afterwards, but I don't really mind it at all because I usually wash my face right after removing my makeup anyway.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by xoxAllyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Took off my makeup well enough, but is really expensive considering what it is.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2008 8:09:00 PM More reviews by isevilla

Worked ok on regular eye makeup didnt work at all on my waterproof mascara. It left a heavy oily residue after use and after wasing with soap and water. Felt as if I used baby oil.

Will not purchase again. I returned it for a refund the next day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2008 1:45:00 AM More reviews by plussize1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the best for taking off mascara and pigmented lip color! I do find it a little pricey....a good dupe i found is the neutrogena oil free eye makeup remover from the drugstore

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by JelliBelli247

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried a lot of different makeup removers, including Clinique's eye solvent, and this seems to work the best for my eyes. It leaves them soft, and nicely cleaned. I don't get residue left from say waterproof mascara, which is great because that's all I ever really use. Recommend everyone at least try this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 4:03:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG eye and lip makeup remover! This is very gentle, does not sting or irritate my eyes or lips and removes waterproof and long wearing makeup. I've read a few comments on the boards about people saying this doesn't work but then realizing they did not shake the bottle....SHAKING THE BOTTLE IS KEY as this product has two different solutions in it and in order for it to work properly, you must shake before every use. This is better than Lancome's Bi-Facil which IMO and IME, leaves a filmy and doesn't work as well at removing makeup. I will always buy this product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this eye makeup remover as a gift with purchase. It works very well, but I won't purchase it for two reasons:

1. I don't use any eye products that Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm (which I use to wash my face at night because it removes my sunscreen) won't take off.
2. If I did need a separate eye makeup remover, I would just use the equally effective but cheaper removers from Neutrogena or Paula's Choice.

Ingredients: Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol. continued >>