September 2, 2014 | 1902 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Mickey41

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My favorite foundation! I use this foundation every single day and is just awesome. I have combination skin and break out every now and then. A few years back, I started getting horrible acne. I started using this product along with other products (Purpose bar soap) and have noticed quite a difference. I don't use the powder that goes with this foundation. I prefer using a translucent shade of powder to set the foundation, then a bit a bronzer powder and a bit of blush to finish the look. I apply it with a sponge, but I've been reading how beneficial it is using a foundation brush for the overall appearance. I will start applying it with a foundation brush soon and challenge that theory myself. Try it out for a few weeks if you have acne prone skin. IT may just work for you

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2008 10:03:00 AM More reviews by novmonkey6

Well...this product didn't work for me that well (I bought the entire collection). I brought the medium shade and it was too dark for me and I figure that the light shade wouldn't work either (but i suppose that you can mix the colors - a light foundation with a medium powder or something). I also think that this dried my skin (but I'm not sure - since I was switching back and forth between many products). As for the skin clearing part, very few products actually work for me and this doesn't either. I gave it away.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by andrea0611

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in Buff from recs from MUA and Paula Begoun. Sadly, it ended up looking cakey on me, pretty much sitting on top on my skin, not blending in. My skin is pretty light, and I think the Buff was a tad too light for me, but hey, my skin is hard to match. Unlike others, I did not mind the packaging, I like the sturdy, heavy bottle and I had no problems getting the product out. I could see how others could have problems getting the last drops out though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by OutOfLine

EDIT: Its nice... not great. Because of the price I will not be buying again. Does not clear blemishes at all and thats what I partailly bought it for. Will finish the bottle. Btw... I took off 2 lippies cuz its a decent product but its really ehhhhh...

So I've only used this twice but this might be an HG!
___________________________________________________________
Me: Fair with yellow/olive undertones but tan very easily. I am a 14 yr old teen with blackheads, pimples, white heads, acne scarring, and some redness. My skin gets oily in the -zone and the skin around my nose and eyes tends to get dry and flake.
___________________________________________________________
Foundation: I found that this foundation was very liquidy and has a light - medium coverage. I found it had a much thinner consistancy than Revlon ColorStay but a similar coverage (maybe more natural looking though). Very natural looking if the right color is picked but can get a little cakey if not careful with the application. Feels really soft and natural on the skin. Long lasting... keeps the shine away for a good 6 hours if finishing powder is used. The finish is dewy - matte depending on application and other products used with it.
___________________________________________________________
Other: Wow... how expensive. I spent about $17 cdn on very little product. The reason why I bought this was because of the medication in it. I figured I need coverage... but foundation is sooooo bad for your acne and skin... so since its the only product out there that I know of... i tried it (in natural). I havent been using this long enough to know what it does for my acne... but will soon update.
As for color options... it jumps from extremely white and pasty to fair (me) and then with the tanner shades. So the selection wasn't too impressive.
Yes their packaging may really bother some people... but i like glass bottles the most of all containers because the foundation is easily accesible and if too much is poured out it can be put back. It's not super chic and classy but most of almays other products' packaging is much worse.
BY THE WAY... IT'S WATER-BASED BECAUSE THE FIRST INGREDIANT ON THE INGREDIANTS LIST IS WATER... SO IT SHOULDNT CLOG PORES... AND LET THE SKIN BREATHE.
___________________________________________________________
I recommend it to teens with acne problems.... yes a little on the pricey side... but think about ti acne medication and foundation in one!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2008 4:25:00 AM More reviews by teago

I really like this foundation. Ive only used it twice but its safe to say it hasnt broken me out, which is rare.
I bought the colour naked 160 i think, which is the palest available in australia. It was $30AU which, for the price you could probably find something better but because this has salicylic acid and doesnt look cakey on me, Im not complaining!
Packaging is...not ideal. I really dislike glass bottles. A pump would be better.
If your looking for a buildable foundation that doesnt break you out, this would be it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by faroreswind

This stuff is wonderful. This is going to sound crazy, but at one point I applied my Dior foundation on one side of my face, and this foundation on the other, and I asked my roomate which side looked better and she chose the side with the Almay makeup!
I really love this foundation when its applied with a damp sponge. I don't really have an acne problem, so I'm not sure if it helps or not when it comes to that.. But as far as coverage goes this stuff is great for everyday life. :) Doesn't look too overdone, just evens out skin tone (and I love it!)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by tanyaw168

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday foundation. I am very happy with it. I've tried a few other kinds, just to mix it up, but nothing else seems to work as well with me.

One thing I can't stress enough, I just recently started using a foundation brush. Actually, I think it's a blush brush, I like the bigger size better (Ecotools, bamboo blush brush, $7 @ London Drugs in Canada). Anyway, it has made my foundation look so wonderful! You get better coverage with less product. I'm so glad I decided to try applying it that way. And the Ecotools brushes ROCK.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Moosemawen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I purchased Clear Complexion to control oil / cut down on shine. It does help with that. Great color match for my skin. I purchased the Sand color. Beautiful. Wish it was a pump bottle though.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by j105

I got this product for my acne, hoping it would help and because it was 50% off. (Its regularly almost $13) I got it in buff and the color is perfect for me, it didnt give much coverage, but still looked nice. It did nothing for my acne and its hard to get the stuff out of the glass bottle. I doubt I'll get it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by beccasmilesss447

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i looooove this foundation
its the only thing ive ever tried that does NOT look pink or orange in the slightest way its a completly natural looking color for any complexion andd
-lasts all day
-easily blendable
-doesnt clog pores or cause breakouts
the only reason im giving it a 4 instead of 5 is because i still use a green conclealer under it just on my really RED breakouts but id deffinately recomend it :]