Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love love love this foundation! For being so light, it has great coverage and never looks heavy. My skin just looks smooth and natural. It has great staying power, I can touch my face without worrying about wiping my foundation off. I have super dry skin with break outs, and it is perfect, my skin is less red and inflammed but yet its not drying at all. Quite possibly my HG, will buy again and again.

on 5/11/2009 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I had this a long time ago, the package even changed. This is my first make up fundation ever. I was very happy I made a good choice. It's light and dont' clog your pore. I hate fundation that will go on and looks heavy on you, but this one never does that for me. The shade matched my asian skin tone well too (cann't wear pink undertone). I haven't try a lot of other fundation from drugstore brand, but this one has special place for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I have combination skin (very oily in the t-zone, normal to dry everywhere else) and I was shine-free for 3-4 hours -- more longevity than I've experienced with other foundations. It was a little too drying for the skin around my eyes, so I used a separate concealer. I loved the smooth texture -- it was easy to blend and looked quite natural for the amount of coverage (medium to almost full). I purchased this in Sand, which was slightly too light for my skin (Warm -- the next shade up -- was too peach). The difference in color wasn't too obvious, but noticeable enough to me (especially in photos!). Salicylic acid has been added as an active ingredient with 0.6%, which could be helpful (1% or 2% tends to be most effective) -- but this foundation's pH is about 6, which is too high for salicylic acid to exfoliate the skin (ideal pH is 3-4). However, I have mildly acne-prone skin, and this didn't cause any breakouts for me, so it's possible that the salicylic acid retains some of its anti-bacterial properties. The texture of this foundation worked really well with my skin, but because the shade selection doesn't suit me, I won't repurchase... too bad! I liked this one.

on 5/6/2009 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have never been one to buy expensive makeup. Everything I use is straight from the drugstore, but I've tried most foundation brands there and I seem to click with this one more so than other foundations. I like the coverage, I dont have terrible skin but I definetly have my flaws.Im extremely pale so my skin shows any indication of redness or irritation but the foundation does the job well to cover any mark or blemish.
I also like how it seems to absorb into my skin a bit.With other foundations I've tried I cant stand when they feel like they are merely sitting atop my face and could slide off if anything were to touch it (cough cough) Dream Matte liquid !

on 5/3/2009 5:41:00 PM

I would not buy this again. I have been using Neutrogena Skin Clearing Make-up with Flawless Finish for years, and they recently changed the formula. Searching for a new AHA or BHA makeup, I found this one. After trying (and comparing) it to Neutrogena's, I have found I don't like it. Here's why:

1. It Stinks.
2. Packaging sucks: the cap is a snap-on type (it MIGHT need a 1/4 turn twist off/on) but it doesn't hold the makeup in the bottle...it gets all over the cap and the neck of the bottle.
3. Makes me oilier than N did...no joke. At the end of the day, I can stick napkins to my face and they STAY. Yes, I've tried it.

The following other reasons may be pros or cons depending on what you like:
1. It's got an odd texture--runny but kinda thick, but "thick" doesn't necessarily mean it creates a great finish.
2. The undertones are yellow (which I DO like).
3. It does blend pretty well and matches my skin fairly well. The colors run light.
4. Decent coverage. It ain't an airbrush job, but it's better than my nasty naked skin.

on 4/26/2009 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This foundation matches my skin color perfectly, which is why I continue to use it. It's super spreadable (has a runnier consistency) and has yellow undertones, which work for my Asian skin. It starts out as a whitish color but then you spread it and it's fine. You also have to wait a couple seconds for the true color to come out because it does change within the first few minutes. I'd say go a teeny bit lighter than you would cuz it gets a little bit darker, but never orange. Coverage is medium and I really recommend the Nearly Naked Cover Stick on top of this. Once you apply both, just run a brush over your face and it'll all look natural.

It didn't actually clear my skin up as much as it didn't break me out, so I can't say much about the medication in it as it neither benefited nor exacerbated my moderate acne.

The packaging I have to complain about, though. The top never closes tight enough or something but every time I reopen, product is all over the top of the lid. It never gets messy or anything (like it doesn't squeeze out of the lid) but I'm kinda anal with cleanliness. It's also annoying to get the product out cuz I'm used to squeeze tubes whereas this is a glass jar that you'd have to flip upside down.

But these were small complaints and are nothing compared to the pros of the product. Buy!

on 4/22/2009 8:29:00 PM

This is a weird foundation... I wouldn't buy it again because it's just pointless, you cannot use your daily cleanser if its for acne prone skin and you can't really use any other acne products with this because if you do your skin will be too dry. The quality is not so good either- it's too liquid almost flowing and hard to apply because the sponge will absorb all of it since it's so liquid....I just don't feel safe to be putting salicylic acid on my face to stay the entire day!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

First off, let me start by saying I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin. I've always been on the lookout for my perfect foundation- one that provides coverage, evens out my skin tone, matches my pan-asian skin (golden/yellow undertones) and doesn't break me out. I thought I'd found the one with Almay's Clear Complexion. The shade I chose, Sand, was a bit too light for me, but once applied it seemed to 'sink' into my skin and it didn't seem too obvious. I loved the texture of the product. It simply glided over my skin, didn't settle into pores, provided just enough coverage (also buildable) and the salicylic acid was a bonus. Perfect, acne medication and makeup in a bottle! What more could I ask for? I wore this for a couple of months, applied with a foundation sponge (I found it better than using a foundation brush or fingers). Until one day, I took a good look at my skin in the mirror and was horrified. There were a lot of tiny red bumps all over my face, everywhere, even in places I didn't normally break out. Shocking! I immediately stopped using this and my skin has gone back to normal. For people with normal-oily skin, I would recommend this... but for people with dry or sensitive skin like me, this is definitely a no-go. Might I also add, this emphasises flakes, so don't forget to moisturise well.

on 3/24/2009 6:18:00 PM

This is the only foundation I am using now. I have tried many other matte foundations from bobbi brown, make up for ever etc, but they don't do as well as this one in controlling oil. I have very bad T-zone, with all the other foundations I would shine in about an hour and it gets very shiny half day. With this foundation, I just use oil absorb sheet once mid day and my face looks pretty good all day. I am still looking for the ONE foundation though. If you are too, good luck.

on 3/22/2009 8:17:00 PM

After my unfortunate junket into the much-touted, exaggeratedly-revered, trendy world of natural cosmetics - which ended in breakouts like I never had, even when I was a teenager - I reached for my Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing fdt, which I keep at hand for emergencies. Well, what do you know. Not only did it clear my "naturally"-caused zits (worn over DHC's Salycilic Face Milk, another little gem), but had all my co-workers raving about my "beautiful" skin. I have access to many high-end, very expensive fdts., but none of them ever elicited such enthusiastic reviews before. I think from now on, I will rely on d/s foundations. With the usual exceptions, high-end, expensive stuff has let me down, more often than not.